Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also cloaker tells are still pretty easy if you're paying attention. There's not much you can do to make them scary without improving their capacity to hide and that's not happening in Payday 2. The AI is already suffering from too many cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've come to realize that a general trend accompanying the game's powercreep has been to remove cases where teamwork is necessary or beneficial. The Special Units were all originally designed to incentivize or require team play, but methods to circumvent that have become universal.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Hell, even the cops don't work together like they should. This was the fear in introducing captains like Winters that could trigger pack movements among cops, or at least in cloakers, snipers and Dozers. But Dozers now just run off like idiots, cloakers are restricted by the rule of two to maybe hide miles off along a mailbox that is no where near regular heister movement patterns, sheilds are usually hosed by nades/snipers/flamers/GL40s; all to increase the number of regulars that shoot far in the distance. The specials are loving garbage compared to the regular cop units now.

It's like making plane jane Zeds more effective than Skrakes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Thankfully, my plan to introduce an elemental resistance system-
*begins trying to lift gigantic posterboard chart onto folding tripod*

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Discendo Vox posted:

Thankfully, my plan to introduce an elemental resistance system-
*begins trying to lift gigantic posterboard chart onto folding tripod*

Before you get too carried away, has it tested well internally?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Explosionface posted:

Not remotely. Ship it!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Explosionface posted:

OK, so- *papers spill from stack in hands, I try to pick them up as I continue*- so the orange bullets, they're, they're "low caliber". They work best on unarmored enemies, but enemies of higher armor tiers, or those under the effect of a secondary unit class spawn group, they do reduced damage, or no damage, depending on skill class. The enemies with- *I realize I have the wrong chart up, try to move the next, even larger one into place on the tripod* added stacks from command units or map or wave effects can have positive or negative multipliers that degrade or increase the effects of armor on other units, depending. This can be instant, over time, or *pauses for effect* distance-based. I know. Whole new paradigm.

Don't worry about enemy armor types right now. *gestures toward stack of papers* It's really straightforward and intuitive. Everything's color-coded, aside from the uppermost and bottom tiers. And stealth, of course. And some specials I guess. Mostly the event maps. And Russia. I'll go over it.

Now, the blue-green striped bullets are considered "drill caliber". They do increased damage to moderate and heavy, but not Vivanite or Titan class armored enemies, but reduced damage and penetration on unarmored enemies. Or enemies under special damage classes, or secondary unit class spawn groups. Obviously. These will drop with new "Gage supply pack" cards. No more DLC weapon packs! Just...just card drops for everything. You have a limit of 1-250, depending on your weapon, level, skills, perk deck, infamy level, and whether you've purchased the appropriate Gage Bullet Locker on the steam marketplace. These can degrade, but it's just cosmetic, aside from the bullet effects.

Now, elemental bullets are more complicated...*loosens tie, pulls circular slide deck from briefcase* where's your slide projector.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 23, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Discendo Vox posted:

OK, so- *papers spill from stack in hands, I try to pick them up as I continue*- so the orange bullets, they're, they're "low caliber". They work best on unarmored enemies, but enemies of higher armor tiers, or those under the effect of a secondary unit class spawn group, they do reduced damage, or no damage, depending on skill class. The enemies with- *I realize I have the wrong chart up, try to move the next, even larger one into place on the tripod* added stacks from command units or map or wave effects can have positive or negative multipliers that degrade or increase the effects of armor on other units, depending. This can be instant, over time, or *pauses for effect* distance-based. I know. Whole new paradigm.

Don't worry about enemy armor types right now. *gestures toward stack of papers* It's really straightforward and intuitive. Everything's color-coded, aside from the uppermost and bottom tiers.

Now, the blue-green striped bullets are considered "drill caliber". They do increased damage to moderate and heavy, but not Vivanite or Titan class armored enemies, but reduced damage and penetration on unarmored enemies. Or enemies under special damage classes, or secondary unit class spawn groups. Obviously. These will drop with new "Gage supply pack" cards. No more DLC weapon packs! Just...just card drops for everything. You have a limit of 1-250, depending on your weapon, level, skills, perk deck, infamy level, and whether you've purchased the appropriate Gage Bullet Locker on the steam marketplace. These can degrade, but it's just cosmetic, aside from the bullet effects.

Now, elemental bullets are more complicated...*loosens tie, pulls circular slide deck from briefcase* where's your projector.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So the plan is to sell the good bullets as DLC right

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
worked for shotguns

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

OK, it's, it's ok, hang on. I have some -wait, here they- *a stack of laminate transparencies spills through my hands as I put one on the projector* OK, ok, here's, um, we'll start with, this is, uh

Explosive bullets, they, deal explosive damage to enemies. This works by bypassing unarmored, Red White and Blue class armored, and some Shielded armor class enemies' resistance, unless the special unit command effect includes Vivanite Imbued. Pretty straightforward. They can also explode. Also green class armor. Note that exploding means they won't apply the alternate damage modifier to the armor. Explosion can degrade armor- armor and bullet degradation values are calculated per-frame with an array- *changes transparency* sorry, it, the, I thought the projector would be bigger, the table doesn't fit- *I sort of slide the transparency around on the projector so you can see all of it. It's upside down.*

Quiet bullets Are great for our ghost and silencer build players. They don't make any sound when you fire them, or when they hit enemies! The enemy doesn't even notice! They also can inflict Silence on special or secondary unit class spawn groups and commanders. It's like the Bleed effect in Dark s-*I realize what I'm saying and quickly stop and move on* This is an aggregate effect, but not over time, and it's not retroactive, so watch out! If it's a command group, you will need to stack enough Quiet debuffs on each of them to Silence all of them at once.

Poison bullets don't work on Blue or White enemies. I mean the blue and white colored enemies. They also don't work on Titan-class armored enemies, or the ones with green names in the HUD interface. You can see what I mean about it being complicated- aren't you glad I added color-coding! Hahaha! The damage doesn't actually apply until the poison meter fills and the enemy vomits, like in da-

Wait, hang on, I should talk about the other bullet types. *I stop the slideshow and move back to the chart on the tripod. As the lights come back up, a new poster has appeared.*

Titan caliber bullets are white. They're available only for guns with the appropriate skin and/or boost attached.Titan bullets don't bypass armor resistances, but they do have a high base damage rate over time, and they get a special multiplier. It's special because it only applies to specials or converted units. You can equip Titan bullets to any gun your friend owns.

Vivanite bullets will be added to the game later on. You're going to love them. OK, turn the lights back off.

Piercing bullets are- this is the wrong presentation. *I quickly pull a list of strategies for Princess Maker off the projector* well, they bypass most armor resistances fully, but they do reduced damage equivalent to the armor resistance. This sounds counterintuitive, but it removes the synergy of command units, which makes it really great on advanced difficulties below Death Wish. Titan enemies have the effect nullified of course. This only works for players using Armor builds- hey, we need to balance it!

Sniper bullets- oh, these are my favorites. *this transparency appears to be blank. I begin to draw on it with a marker.* OK, so suppose you have an enemy- let's say they're a normal blue unit under unarmored special command. Now, if you're 20 meters away, the sniper bullet is going to deal 40 damage. But if you're 80-oh, poo poo *the marker was a permanent marker.* Well, it's-*I've smeared the ink onto the projector itself.* drat it.*I try to draw over it anyway.* The damage increases with distance and stacks with some skills, basically. It's great for players who like distance play, and really wide-open maps. The damage boost doesn't effect Titan enemies, of course.

Fire bullets set enemies on fire, or deal fire damage, depending on the weapon, firing mode, and your teammates' skills and perk decks. Not your own, it would be imbalanced otherwise. Red enemies (color, not armor class) are resistant to fire bullets. Medics can put out fire bullets.

Incendiary bullets, or "flame bullets", as we call them around the office, don't do fire damage, but can catch fire. This bypasses direct fire damage resistance. Of course, some enemies can have incendiary bullet resistance, which applies to the incendiary effect, but not the fire or the bullet damage. This depends on secondary unit class spawn group. Command units take secondary damage if they're in the effective range.

There are other bullet types, and the new special unit, but they're a surprise! I'll reveal them on days 2 and 3!

*I check my watch, then stand still, waiting*

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 23, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Piercing bullets-are- this is the wrong presentation. *I quickly pull a list of strategies for Princess Maker off the projector*

this is in the middle of this so people who are scanning are likely to miss it but this is the funniest joke in this thread so you bet your rear end i am empty quoting it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh my god I'm in tears at the office.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

So the plan is to sell the good bullets as DLC right

Now, I want to be very clear on this. We will not, ever, sell Gage Supply Paks for real world money. GSPs and the different bullet types that we have discussed so far will only ever drop from cards. We are going to ensure that the drop rate of GSPs is generous- we've reduced mask part drops to give every player more of a chance to get this new ammunition. For balance purposes, however, we do need to limit the amount of drill and other bullets that players can have for their guns. Depending on your weapon, you will 1-250 bullets per gun of this new ammunition, right on the top of your magazine whenever you start a map. You will always be able to use normal low-caliber ammunitions, which will sometimes drop from enemies as usual during the course of gameplay.

Players who want to have additional special ammunition, or who want to support the game, can purchase Gage Bullet Lockers from the Steam Marketplace. These are not DLC items. They're Marketplace items. It-it's very different. GBLs can apply to any weapon in your inventory, and can as much as double that weapon's special ammo limit. They're a great, convenient way to show your support. We hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoy making them!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 21, 2017

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Show me on the doll where the bad presentations have hurt you so, Vox.

This is too real to be made up on the spot.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Discendo Vox posted:

:words: on elemental bullets

New DLC released
Makes enemies take more head-shots now.

vvvv: A-loving-men

Malek fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 21, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Really they already went as far as copying the hosed up enemy HP scaling they might as well go whole hog with the Borderlands comparisons.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

A lot of it's made up, but I do teach collegiate public speaking. A fair amount is also borrowed from videogame company community communications.

I also invite critical questions about the GSPs and GBLs.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Drewjitsu posted:

DeathVox was just the long warm-up.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

That job as chief of community outreach at Overkill is all but mine now!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
All the bad game fanfic was worth it to get here.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The PD2 threads tend to be at their best when traffic is low.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CgO8wIi7xw

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izY4ovlisl4

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Best viewed in 360p. 144p if you want that authentic Chinese bootleg feel.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Goddamn amazing Vox

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wilko posted:

Goddamn amazing Vox

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Should've changed the names and submitted to the dumbass fanfic thing a few weeks back, Id've voted for it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wilko posted:

Should've changed the names and submitted to the dumbass fanfic thing a few weeks back, Id've voted for it

Just you wait for days 2 and 3

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

*I rush into the room, half-dressed, shampoo still in my hair*
Day 2 is, uh, *I check my hand- the writing is smeared* what've we made in the last...

Reticles. Lots of new custom reticules. And, uh, you can customize enemy laser colors. Look forward to big reveals on day 3!

*I quickly duck out the door, clipping my shoulder*

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So as you can see, through the five seconds of audio where Wolf stubs his toe on the badly modeled patio in the latest trailer - a combination of the lines "HELVETE!" and "TAASAAAHH"- we can assume that the next part of the code is clearly printed on one taser helmet in a level signifying hell! READ BETWEEN THE LINES, PEOPLE.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Vox is in the middle of probably the most elaborate and nerdy Aristocrats joke three years in the making.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I appreciate that this day 2 was as low-content as the real thing.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
You're on the fast track to being fast-tracked, DV. I knew it was the right decision to get you signed up for that course, even though you only got the memo about six hours before it started.

Oh, before I forget - Payroll said "no way" on that travel expense report for the train ticket - I know it was only $50 over, but you know what hardasses they can be, am I right? Anyway, I'm heading out for the weekend. Have a good one!

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I'm still waiting for fanfics of the paycheck gang

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HebrewMagic posted:

So after catching John Wick 2 I realized something about all our crossover characters: they're all dead or soon to die. Even discounting John (who's still technically alive and was in the game long before his Excommunicado) and Rust (who isn't officially Clay Morrow from SoA), it's a pretty striking pattern. Maybe keep it in mind on guesses for new crossovers (can't wait to play as Tony Soprano).

Almost like the payday world is valhalla

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fun File Fact of the day:

Playing through Yacht heist will make some timer screens on other heists blindingly bright.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/14/135508833658087530/#c135509724377807945

Bonus Fun File Fact:

On the Alesso heist, a manned forklift is a separate source of detection from the player, who is themselves detectable inside the forklift. This is part of why the detection meters in there act so weird.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 23, 2017

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

On the Alesso heist, a manned forklift is a separate source of detection from the player, who is themselves detectable inside the forklift. This is part of why the basement is so weird to play through.

Mask request: A hard hat. While wearing the hard hat nobody is concerned at all by you driving a forklift.

Melee weapon requests: A crowbar. Is a crowbar for purposes of needing to have a crowbar.
Clipboard: when used with hard hat, heister is completely undetectable in stealth heists with worker civs.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Day 2 1/2

Howdy Heisters,

We've been listening to the community, and we've heard a lot of feedback about how the new ammo system, Drill Bullets, Gage Supply Paks, and Gage Bullet Lockers. We've decided to give Vox a break from updates to clear the air about these changes and resolve some of the confusion.

Q: When I fire Drill ammo, is it gone forever?
A: Absolutely not. You will get the ammo back instantly when you get a new Gage Supply Pak from a card drop.

Q: Can I switch my ammo type?
A: Of course! Just use up all of the premium ammo and you will be able to fire low-caliber rounds again.

Q: Will there be different kinds of Bullet Lockers?
A: Yes. When you Unlock a Bullet Locker from the Steam Marketplace, it can be in a number of colors, which change how much ammo the Bullet Locker holds. These range from Battle-Worn Lockers, which give 10% of the max, to Legendary Lockers, which give 100% of the locker maximum.

Q: Do I need to buy a key to open a Bullet Locker?
A: haha, please, do you really think we'd make that mistake again? You only need to buy keys for Legendary or Titan lockers. All others are Free To Open!

Q: What weapons will GBLs drop for?
A: We will be rolling out GBL support for weapons as resources and demand allow. At launch, we are planning to include 10 Lockers: the Gruber Kurz, Rattlesnake, miniature crossbow, Goliath, Chimano 88, Jacket's Piece, HRL-7, Patchett, Swedish K and chicago typewriter.

Q: How much ammo can a Bullet Locker let you have? How much ammo can you have without a bullet locker?
Each gun can store up to a full clip of special ammo without a bullet locker. To avoid unbalancing the game, Bullet Lockers will let you store the equivalent of the inverse of the ratio of the clip to the total ammo pool not counting teammate or special command unit effects.

Q: Wait, the amount is set by clip size? What about mods that effect clip size?
There aren't any mods that- one moment.(what? and they can change it from the inventory?-oh poo poo, that will br-)*clears throat* Vox will explain this on Day 3.

Q: How much damage do Quiet bullets deal?
Quiet bullets are optimized for stealth gameplay, to give our stealth players more options. They can apply the Silence debuff.

Q: What's going on with Cloakers?
A: We've heard your complaints. With the new update, Cloakers will no longer spawn on difficulties above Overkill. They will be replaced with mobile snipers on One Down and above.

Q: I was studying your post, and Titan enemies seem to be immune to everything.
A: Stay tuned! Don't worry, Vox will explain everything!

Q: How do I get different ammo elements? What about Titan and Vivanite Ammo? What is a "special command unit effect?" I saw something labeled "Payday Gold Ammo" in the last stream...
Vox will tell you all about it in Day 3! You'll love it!

Look forward to Day 3, the continuation of Vox's explanation of enemy bullet types, a new special enemy, and a surprise! Until then, "Keep those helmets flying!"™

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

We've decided to give Vox a break

:iamafag: