Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009

i dont get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The new nier trailer shows the steam release date as being only 3 days after the ps4 release. Thats awesome I was expecting a much longer delay

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Has there ever been a good wuxia action game? I want a game like Nioh but it's based on kung fu and wuxia films and you can wall run and do crazy aerial acrobatics and at some fight you and some other dude play out an entire duel in your imagination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeeoEpmyb2Y

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

Has there ever been a good wuxia action game? I want a game like Nioh but it's based on kung fu and wuxia films and you can wall run and do crazy aerial acrobatics and at some fight you and some other dude play out an entire duel in your imagination

How much can you tolerate Gackt?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phantasium posted:

How much can you tolerate Gackt?

Gackt is in more games than Crisis Core?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Harrow posted:

no, and I played a lot of them

most are just meh

there is one on steam that is single player and meh, not horrible, but not good either

there was this but don't do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjfnCA4pJQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1s69I6l8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIATEtnbYgQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

tbh I don't know if Bujingai counts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYZEF4wXuM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

Oh boy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nate RFB posted:

I like playing a game that makes me feel like I'm doing some Indiana Jones adventurin'. At the very least Uncharted 2 made me feel that way, I wasn't super thrilled with either 1 or 3. Still planning on playing 4 at some point though.

Why not play Tomb Raider Anniversary

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It was this on steam that I was thinking of

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427030/

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

corn in the bible posted:

This is is the sequel to Legends, right? Not TR 2013 or whatever that's supposed to be called. I really did not care for Legends.

suuma posted:

i dont get it
Berserk is a dark fantasy comic that has been in serialization for close to 30 years. While popular, it rather infamously went on a bunch of hiatuses in recent years that resulted in what was initially thought to be a short little arc (the characters got on a boat to go to their main destination) which wound up getting stretched across 10+ years real time.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

This is is the sequel to Legends, right? Not TR 2013 or whatever that's supposed to be called. I really did not care for Legends.

Anniversary is a remake of TR1 and is one of the best remakes of any game I've played. They pretty much hit all the nostalgia and setpieces right while upgrading the gameplay to not be tepid like the originals.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Berserk is a dark fantasy comic that has been in serialization for close to 30 years. While popular, it rather infamously went on a bunch of hiatuses in recent years that resulted in what was initially thought to be a short little arc (the characters got on a boat to go to their main destination) which wound up getting stretched across 10+ years real time.

Haha that's awesome.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

or Deadfall Adventures where you're literally a quartermain

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Phantasium posted:

Anniversary is a remake of TR1 and is one of the best remakes of any game I've played. They pretty much hit all the nostalgia and setpieces right while upgrading the gameplay to not be tepid like the originals.

Absolute truth to this post.

I adore Anniversary. Plus it has not only the best Croft Manor, but the music that goes with it is music that I will just play in the background when I'm working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_yYwuVWguo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I caved and bought the RE7 DLCs now that they're out on PC, despite promising myself I wasn't going to until next month. Well it turns out it was a good idea because they fuckin rule. Jack's 55th Birthday and Nightmare are exactly what I wanted in terms of extra modes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Harrow posted:

You don't even know the half of it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I keep having dreams about my deceased cat.

I wish I had a cat again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I caved and bought the RE7 DLCs now that they're out on PC, despite promising myself I wasn't going to until next month. Well it turns out it was a good idea because they fuckin rule. Jack's 55th Birthday and Nightmare are exactly what I wanted in terms of extra modes.

I have no idea what the 2 dlc packs are. are they just 2 expansion story missions or do they each give you a ton of little things?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MinibarMatchman posted:

I have no idea what the 2 dlc packs are. are they just 2 expansion story missions or do they each give you a ton of little things?

There's two volumes of DLC that have come out so far, with one additional story DLC to come (along with the free one that's coming out relatively soon):

Banned Footage Vol. 1
- Nightmare is a survival mode in the basement of the house, where you have to survive many waves of enemies (uh, and Jack) with lots of traps and weapons at your disposal. You earn scrap metal by killing enemies and running around grabbing it from machines that slowly generate more and use it to craft stuff and upgrade your guns/self. It's super fun.

- Bedroom is a side story where you're trapped in a bedroom that's basically one giant puzzle, and the goal is to solve your way out without getting caught by Marguerite who really really wants to feed you her disgusting zombie chow food. You have to be careful because she occasionally comes back to check on you and will notice if the room has changed, so you need to keep track of what you have and haven't done and learn to solve the puzzle elements quickly to make more progress each time.

- Ethan Must Die is a special randomized gamemode where you have the run of the Baker house and go around exploring every corner, breaking boxes and defeating enemies to gain enough equipment to defeat the Marguerite boss fight in the old house. The game is also set to the hardest difficulty so you die real easy.

Banned Footage Vol. 2
- 21 is a minigame where you're trapped in a room by Lucas and forced to play a game of 21 where you are betting your fingers (and your life) on each round. It's very tense. The catch is that there are only 11 cards, so there's almost no luck element involved and it's more about counting the cards and simple math to figure out what your opponent's hand is, and then using that knowledge to turn the tides. There are also special trump cards that change the game in play like removing cards or upping the bet so the stakes are higher.

- Daughters is another side story where you play as Zoe just before poo poo goes awry for the Bakers. It's pretty short, but it's an interesting little look into the Baker family before they became immortal hillbilly zombies even if that doesn't last for very long. Honestly if this one were standalone I wouldn't pay for it because there's really just not a lot to it and it does bring down the value of Vol 2 a bit.

- Jack's 55th Birthday is another survival mode, ish, where Jack (who is wearing a party hat, clown nose, and novelty sunglasses) is hungry and you must run around several different levels collecting and combining delicious food to feed to him under a time limit. You shoot confetti from your guns and the enemies are all wearing party hats and it's very fun and silly. There's lots of stuff to unlock and lots of replayability.

Nightmare, Ethan Must Die, 21, and Jack's 55th Birthday have a lot of replay value and some goodies to unlock in addition to separate harder modes once you beat them. Overall I can say it was definitely worth the money.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 21, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

There's two volumes of DLC that have come out so far, with one additional story DLC to come (along with the free one that's coming out relatively soon):

Banned Footage Vol. 1
- Nightmare is a survival mode in the basement of the house, where you have to survive many waves of enemies (uh, and Jack) with lots of traps and weapons at your disposal. You earn scrap metal by killing enemies and running around grabbing it from machines that slowly generate more and use it to craft stuff and upgrade your guns/self. It's super fun.

- Bedroom is a side story where you're trapped in a bedroom that's basically one giant puzzle, and the goal is to solve your way out without getting caught by Marguerite who really really wants to feed you her disgusting zombie chow food. You have to be careful because she occasionally comes back to check on you and will notice if the room has changed, so you need to keep track of what you have and haven't done and learn to solve the puzzle elements quickly to make more progress each time.

- Ethan Must Die is a special randomized gamemode where you have the run of the Baker house and go around exploring every corner, breaking boxes and defeating enemies to gain enough equipment to defeat the Marguerite boss fight in the old house. The game is also set to the hardest difficulty so you die real easy.

Banned Footage Vol. 2
- 21 is a minigame where you're trapped in a room by Lucas and forced to play a game of 21 where you are betting your fingers (and your life) on each round. It's very tense. The catch is that there are only 11 cards, so there's almost no luck element involved and it's more about counting the cards and simple math to figure out what your opponent's hand is, and then using that knowledge to turn the tides. There are also special trump cards that change the game in play like removing cards or upping the bet so the stakes are higher.

- Daughters is another side story where you play as Zoe just before poo poo goes awry for the Bakers. It's pretty short, but it's an interesting little look into the Baker family before they became immortal hillbilly zombies even if that doesn't last for very long.

- Jack's 55th Birthday is another survival mode, ish, where Jack (who is wearing a party hat, clown nose, and novelty sunglasses) is hungry and you must run around several different levels collecting and combining delicious food to feed to him under a time limit. You shoot confetti from your guns and the enemies are all wearing party hats and it's very fun and silly. There's lots of stuff to unlock and lots of replayability.

Nightmare, Ethan Must Die, 21, and Jack's 55th Birthday have a lot of replay value and some goodies to unlock in addition to separate harder modes once you beat them. Overall I can say it was definitely worth the money.

those all sound really fun, I had no idea they were clusters of "alternative" modes. Thanks, I'll probably pick one or both up after I finish the main game!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Lizard Wizard posted:

I keep having dreams about my deceased cat.

I wish I had a cat again.

I volunteered at a cat shelter for 2 years before recently moving. There are lots of great cats out there looking for a good home, go adopt one or two!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Hi all. Tyranny is really good. That is all.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I hope that Lost Ark and/or the new Lineage turn out to be fun games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh poo poo, I'm reading Berserk right now, is the game supposed to be good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Palpek posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm reading Berserk right now, is the game supposed to be good?

Not really. It's an average Dynasty Warriors but is severely lacking in content and playable characters. Would you rather play as Rape Ape Who Gets Stabbed In Dick instead of Skull Knight? I bet you would.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's a Musou.

That being said I'm a sucker for Musous.

*hides Ken's Rage, Dynasty Warrior Gundams*

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

It's a Musou.

That being said I'm a sucker for Musous.

*hides Ken's Rage, Dynasty Warrior Gundams*

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is unironically a higher-tier Musou than Berserk.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh...

Berserk is that average eh. Mmmm... I might hold off, I mean next month is gonna break my wallet anyways.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I volunteered at a cat shelter for 2 years before recently moving. There are lots of great cats out there looking for a good home, go adopt one or two!

We can't yet, we're going to be remodeling and don't want to combine our cat with rubble.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ImpAtom posted:

Not really. It's an average Dynasty Warriors but is severely lacking in content and playable characters. Would you rather play as Rape Ape Who Gets Stabbed In Dick instead of Skull Knight? I bet you would.
I see :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is unironically a higher-tier Musou than Berserk.

Uh, are we talking the first game or just in general?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played Dynasty Warriors or anything but Hyrule Warriors is pretty good

I hope the Fire Emblem one is good too because I'm gonna buy it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Oh...

Berserk is that average eh. Mmmm...

Yeah. It's like insanely painfully average + lacking in content both gameplay and plotwise. It isn't bad to play like Ken's Rage but it just feels like they got the license and poo poo out a game as fast as they could. It doesn't even have the goofy crossover content of DWG.

I mean if you really like Berserk you'll have the fun of Guts smashing poo poo with his sword so hard it explodes into body parts but that basically is the selling point for it. Even the Musou mechanics only really seem to fit Guts, the other characters feel less satisfying except the transformed Apostles

Sakurazuka posted:

Uh, are we talking the first game or just in general?

In general. It's worse than DWG1 in terms of original content and worse than the sequels in terms of *actual* content.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Reminder to everyone that older animals have a harder time getting a home. And usually they have better temperments and in general seem to greatly appreciate having a home and family.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Berserk just can't catch a break.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Berserk just can't catch a break.

No it's had plenty of breaks, it needs no more breaks or boats.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 21, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Mr E posted:

No it's had plenty of breaks, it needs to more breaks or boats.

Berserk makes HxH look like it has a good release schedule.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

You don't even know the half of it.

I didn't even know Gackt was still even remotely trendy.

e: also, what is a Musou?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The worst part is they're gonna have to get back on the boat at least one more time iirc, let's hope we don't see the journey this time.

• Locked thread