Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

homullus posted:

I have never played Bioware games for what the characters look like.

I'm sure you just read the articles codexes, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
We're gonna be hearing a loooot of people bitching and moaning about that ten hour limit exactly ten hours five minutes after MEA gets released early on Origin Access. :laugh:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Drifter posted:

We're gonna be hearing a loooot of people bitching and moaning about that ten hour limit exactly ten hours five minutes after MEA gets released early on Origin Access. :laugh:

Have they said if the MP counts to the ten hours too or just the story?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yes, it does.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SgtSteel91 posted:

So someone compared the squad by height

So Peeb's my wife's height.

Hrm.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i'm glad u can chang out of the blue & white default armour because that poo poo is not v. cool looking, also who would win in basketball vetra or drack

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i'm glad u can chang out of the blue & white default armour because that poo poo is not v. cool looking, also who would win in basketball vetra or drack

Probably Drack because I think he'd demolish the courts with a massive thresher maw and not care about basketball.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BrokenKnees posted:

Have they said if the MP counts to the ten hours too or just the story?

The multiplayer part is unlimited.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Schubalts posted:

The multiplayer part is unlimited.

Oh for real? Did they actually say that? That's nice of them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crabtree posted:

So the ME1 infinite clips were alien guns? Eh, cool.

I may be misunderstanding you, but the ME1 guns are not retroactively Remnant tech. Remnant and old school heat sinks are actually just the same idea arrived at by different species. You can turn the ammo based Milky Way guns into heat sink ME1 guns with a mod if you want. Remnant weapons will just be that by default.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drifter posted:

Oh for real? Did they actually say that? That's nice of them.

If this is true I will likely subscribe to EA Access on PC just to play MP for a week even though I've preordered the game for PS4. I'm so stoked for the return of ME MP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

I'm going to call my Ryder Jay, then when I go hunting with my Asari friend I'll shout out "WATCH OUT FOR PEEBEE AND JAY, IT'S DINNER TIME!" and kill enemies.

:yeah:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
$10 for a unlimited Mass Effect Multiplayer hit does seem like a pretty good deal...

Through it sounds more like its gonna be a pay-in stress test for the Multiplayer before it goes officially live.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DrNutt posted:

If this is true I will likely subscribe to EA Access on PC just to play MP for a week even though I've preordered the game for PS4. I'm so stoked for the return of ME MP.

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/823794070812295169

Unless they said otherwise this reads to me as "It includes multiplayer but you still only have 10 hours"

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Unless they said otherwise this reads to me as "It includes multiplayer but you still only have 10 hours"
Yes. He clarified that later on. "unlimited" means "no map/unlock restrictions" in this context.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Haven't heard a single thing about that multiplayer tech demo thing I signed up for like four months ago.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The tech demo is the early access.

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, there's still the time limit on multiplayer. Sorry, guy wanting to believe MP would be able to be played otherwise.

people are gonna be upset when a box pops up on screen telling them to "come back on release day to continue playing!". Haha.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I can't wait to give the MP a shot. Hopefully they've kept it fun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drifter posted:

The tech demo is the early access.

Yeah, there's still the time limit on multiplayer. Sorry, guy wanting to believe MP would be able to be played otherwise.

people are gonna be upset when a box pops up on screen telling them to "come back on release day to continue playing!". Haha.

Unless there's story bits that get spoiled the more you play the MP that seems like a pretty stupid decision.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Unless there's story bits that get spoiled the more you play the MP that seems like a pretty stupid decision.
Giving people five days+ of unlimited MP without buying the game would be a pretty stupid decision too.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Serf posted:

I can't wait to give the MP a shot. Hopefully they've kept it fun.

Combat certainly looks fun.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Giving people over a week of unlimited MP without buying the game would be a pretty stupid decision too.

I might be wrong, but I thought you had to buy the game AND THEN pay for the early access in order to play early.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Drifter posted:

I might be wrong, but I thought you had to buy the game AND THEN pay for the early access in order to play early.
Nope. You just have to be an EA access subscriber.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Giving people five days+ of unlimited MP without buying the game would be a pretty stupid decision too.

ME3 had a free MP demo for almost a month and it was supremely awesome + generated a lot of positive hype for the full release.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Nope. You just have to be an EA access subscriber.

Oh wow, you're right. That's pretty cool.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

ME3 had a free MP demo for almost a month and it was supremely awesome + generated a lot of positive hype for the full release.
It was a fairly restricted demo, not the full game. Hopefully we get some good stuff out of the tech test in the coming weeks+ the press event that we'll see stuff published from thursday.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Ein Sexmonster posted:

It was a fairly restricted demo, not the full game. Hopefully we get some good stuff out of the tech test in the coming weeks+ the press event that we'll see stuff published from thursday.

It wasn't that restricted, there may have been only a few maps but it was certainly enough to show that the multiplayer was going to be a blast. Which it was.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

It wasn't that restricted, there may have been only a few maps but it was certainly enough to show that the multiplayer was going to be a blast. Which it was.
I mean, it was two maps, one enemy type, and had a small subset of the unlocks available. It was still great and the reason I bought ME3, but this is a different thing entirely. All your MP progression carries over, for example.
Demos in general are all-but dead because most companies have decided the cost of making them is not worth the publicity.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

"So last time we had a really well-received MP demo and single-player mission available to everybody, this time we're gonna do 10 hours of playtime but you have to decide between SP and MP, and only people who bought this EA access thing we're hucking can play it" - a game that's chock full of rewarding content and definitely has nothing to hide.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I don't really see how. Considering that people played ME3's for hundreds and even thousands of hours and there is still a healthy ME3 MP community, I don't think people are going to get a week in and then decide not to buy the game because they've had their fill. Unless it turns out it's poo poo or something, but you could easily figure that out within ten hours.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

"So last time we had a really well-received MP demo and single-player mission available to everybody, this time we're gonna do 10 hours of playtime but you have to decide between SP and MP, and only people who bought this EA access thing we're hucking can play it" - a game that's chock full of rewarding content and definitely has nothing to hide.
Except the opposite? If this was a game with huge defects giving a large base of people 10 hours to play around unrestricted would quickly show that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Drifter posted:

Combat certainly looks fun.

Yeah, that video was pretty great. It looks a little faster than ME3, which I'm down for. So long as the MP is as fun as it was in 3, this will be worth the purchase price. That's something I never though I'd say about Mass Effect before 3 but welp.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Serf posted:

Yeah, that video was pretty great. It looks a little faster than ME3, which I'm down for. So long as the MP is as fun as it was in 3, this will be worth the purchase price. That's something I never though I'd say about Mass Effect before 3 but welp.
In terms of base gameplay I think they've addressed my two biggest design issues with ME3 by giving everyone mobility options and by making gun weight much less punishing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is just how EA does their origin access thing

i dont know of it reflects on the game

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

eonwe posted:

this is just how EA does their origin access thing

i dont know of it reflects on the game

I don't think it does. I don't think Bioware has much of a choice. It's all EA.

I mean, BIOWARE reflects on the game...at least we know their kinks and shames. (crafting :argh:)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I'm going to call my Ryder Jay, then when I go hunting with my Asari friend I'll shout out "WATCH OUT FOR PEEBEE AND JAY, IT'S DINNER TIME!" and kill enemies.

you eat pb & j for dinner?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

you dont?????????

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

What, are you six years old and can't make anything you want to eat for yourself, at any time of day?

The amount of daylight on display doesn't wall you off from eating.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Someone needs to shop in the Shepard shuffles next to Miranda.

RBA Starblade posted:

Outside of where you absolutely had to Miranda was never allowed to leave the ship and past the first playthrough I did the potato-faced reporter lady was never allowed on the Normandy in 3.

You missed out because Miranda actually had a really useful skill set and passive ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Miranda is also one of the most well-written and performed characters in all of Mass Effect. Mtn Dew Code Red IGN spokesmodel she is not.