Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
After the change, this is what you'll get out of the standard gacha pull for a gold or rainbow crystal:

Gold (capable of 6* now): Chizuru, Refia, Snow, Mercedes, Luka, Seven
Gold (capable of 6* later): Warrior of Light, Gaffgarion, Agrias
Gold (still stuck at 5* in JP): Garnet, Rosa, Vanille, Hope, Leon

Rainbow (all 6* capable): Lightning, Delita, Ramza, DK Cecil, Luneth, Gilgamesh, Noctis, Dark Fina, Ace, Marie, Emperor

Varance fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jaclynhyde posted:

Pulled my half-price, got my first rainbow! It's...Lenna!!!

:negative:

Man are you ever going to be sad you didn't wait a couple days. :v:

rabidsquid posted:

anyone who argues that people might quit this game over gacha poo poo to go play fe heroes either doesnt play fe heroes or, i dont know. i enjoy the game just fine but the gacha is not friendly over there. there are worse gacha for sure but that game doesnt do anything really well other than have the words "fire emblem" and "nintendo" involved.

FFBE could be worse. Some games have gacha systems that give hero shards. Sometimes. Maybe. And a full hero if you're really lucky. Like Dungeon Boss(?) did/does.

Then you have games like Dragon Blaze where you can technically go F2P but pulling an SSS unit is still obscenely rare and then you need a bunch of them to fully limit break an SSS unit, Deify it, then re-max limit it, taking another 10 SSS units to do so. Then after you've done that for several units you can make a dragon buster/dark soul/titan key and each update of that takes eve more units. Oh and ever upgrade attempt for Deify (and keys) also requires an essence that's stupidly rare as a drop, or bought for premium currency. There's also a tier of unit bullshit after those keys. Dragon Blaze is Gamevil garbage but, yeah.

FFBE's rates are god awful and much worse than I ever recall seeing in Brave Frontier, but it could be worse, much worse.

hagie posted:

Some of those release notes for the upcoming update seem really nice upgrades.

A free 10+1 (why not call it 11) pull for a week seems over the top for 2million download celebration

It's a 20 million download celebration, not 2 million.

For comparison, PAD's currently doing their 60 million download celebration.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
So I started this about a week ago (no re-rolling because gently caress that noise), and just did three pulls on the II banner - 2 Firions and a Cloud of Darkness, which I understand is pretty good.

I'm running Garnet, Vaan, Delita at 5* and CoD and Firion at 3*. Is there any regular source of metal cactuars? Because I pretty much just ground out the SoM event for them for my other characters and since I bought them all, leveling has slowed down significantly.

Is there a better way to level than the experience chamber?

Also, am I correct in not combining the Firions for the TM bonus until I grind them some more?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fiss posted:

This is the friend unit bonus system that JP currently has. I assume ours will be the same.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/friendlevel

Those are max values right?

If 101 friends use my Leader 10 days in a row I will only get +10 stats and not +100, correct?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Decided to chase the emperor, so here we go, I got 26 tickets.

Cyan
Guy
blue -> gold -> Leon
bartz
edgar
tellah
artemios
gold -> leon
jack
bedile lol
penelo
firion
guy
celes
clyne
guy
firion
gold -> leon
maria
fang
guy
guy
alma
firion
guy
clyne
jack

well, poo poo. ok, gonna do an 11-summons, ive got lots of lapis.

group with poo poo and a leon
group with poo poo and a gold that went to rainbow, but WoL.
another poo poo group

OK, gonna put some money in, just a couple more tries and I'll give up.

Lightning! lets see what this group has... WoL, ok, maybe couple more

nothing much

OK, gently caress this, gently caress chasing, I'm done. The emperor and his TM isn't that good.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 21, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vax posted:

Those are max values right?

If 101 friends use my Leader 10 days in a row I will only get +10 stats and not +100, correct?

Threshold is the number of uses required to reach that tier of bonus. Each tier is seperate, so the max boon is +10% to stats, +60% to gil gained, +50% to XP gain and 5x 10 energy in your inbox for hitting max rank the day before (101+ summons).

In practice, you're not likely to get past level 5 or 6 on a regular basis unless you have a 900 attack Yun or something else crazy.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Varance posted:

Threshold is the number of uses required to reach that tier of bonus. Each tier is seperate, so the max boon is +10% to stats, +60% to gil gained, +50% to XP gain and 5x 10 energy in your inbox for hitting max rank the day before (101+ summons).

In practice, you're not likely to get past level 5 or 6 on a regular basis unless you have a 900 attack Yun or something else crazy.

You can do okay temporarily if you pull the 100% bonus chase character on a collectathon event and have a maxed friend list full of actives, but yeah in general don't expect to be rolling 10% stat bonuses on the reg.

drat dude, we've got player's choice and guaranteed gold/rainbows right around the corner, and you had the stones to swing for the fences on Emperor. Sorry you didn't get him.

Robotic Accolade fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 21, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Rigel posted:

The emperor and his TM isn't that good.

The best rod in the game isn't that good?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am super tempted to blow my entire stockpile on players choice because of how fuckin useful even nerfed noctis is, and also isnt the orlandu banner kind of lovely other than him? ugh, tough call.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

rabidsquid posted:

i am super tempted to blow my entire stockpile on players choice because of how fuckin useful even nerfed noctis is, and also isnt the orlandu banner kind of lovely other than him? ugh, tough call.

See I'm hoping with the roll fix I won't waste my whole stockpile on noctis so I can get both. Come on single roll noctis.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I haven't played the game in a week, but I'm still alive! Nice to hear about the gacha changes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nuebot posted:

See I'm hoping with the roll fix I won't waste my whole stockpile on noctis so I can get both. Come on single roll noctis.

even with the fix based on my "only ever rolled a single rainbow" i think 70 more pulls onto the trash heap wont be enough to see one

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

rabidsquid posted:

Depending who actually gets the 4* pick I might roll for it. Noctis is just so helpful as a breaker that he fills a very valuble niche on my teams in that friend slot.

In other news my Lightning is 806 ATK because I finally decided to invest 20 minutes to get the demon mail and Lunge Combo finished. I'm a bit sad not having Barrage on her though, that was just so helpful in keeping her mp rich.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

Okay, it's not a boost that sticks but temporary and will get calculated each day, I see.

Yeah I kinda got that 900+ Yun so.... :smuggo:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Actually I was thinking that anyone who's TM macroing should add each other because macroing will use up your friend's list so even everyone on your list can get the boost.

The system is really dumb though and once again makes the rich "richer" because only the high end whales are going to see a benefit from it. Thankfully it's not really an important boost.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm tempted to just level my zidanes to 50% and fuse them, then hope I get more zidanes along the way. I have like four already, and the wait to get these dual wields is the worst.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The player's choice banner is going to have Zidane for it's 3* one can assume. So you'll probably get some more by pulling on that on the near future.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
What if we all vote for Orlandu for the player's choice banner....

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I voted for noctis rosa and shadow

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Well I guess I just milked out the last I could of the pull system with a blue to rainbow Emperor pull :shepface:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think crystals breaking into higher tiers will still happen in the new system as well.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

HGH posted:

I think crystals breaking into higher tiers will still happen in the new system as well.

Does anyone actually know the chances of it happening? (B -> G %? -> R %?)

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Vax posted:

Does anyone actually know the chances of it happening? (B -> G %? -> R %?)

I was always told here it's not actually changing, you always had whatever it ends up with, it's just a display thing. But that may not be right.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I voted Ramza, Garnet, Rakshasa

edit: I was under the impression that the break/reform was just a visual flourish, and that what you pulled is determined prior to the whole animation. So pulling a straight rainbow is no different than Blue -> Gold -> Rainbow

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah, it's just a display thing with no additional roll. The first crystal in an 11 pull is guaranteed to be at least gold, but sometimes it shows up as blue and reforms into gold.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the winners are Lightning, Agrias, and Zidane I can pull for Lightning #4, Agrias #6, and Zidane #7. Pretty sure Noctis will win the Rainbow and Agrias won't win the Gold though.

Looking back on ELT Dreadnought, it was kind of a weird event. I have 7 TM's and only used one of them (DC) and sat both my Lightnings. I brought 3 base 3*s (Cecil, Bartz, ExD), a 4*(Refia), and a 5* (D. Fina). However I don't think it would have mattered if I sat DF for another ExD.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Can it be Thursday yet?

Edit: Voted Noctis, Snow, Zidane

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 21, 2017

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I voted Ramza/Snow/Zidane a few days ago. But we all know either Gilgamesh or Noctis will win the 5 star.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

McSpankWich posted:

I voted Ramza, Garnet, Rakshasa

edit: I was under the impression that the break/reform was just a visual flourish, and that what you pulled is determined prior to the whole animation. So pulling a straight rainbow is no different than Blue -> Gold -> Rainbow

Yeah, visual only. My evidence from a few months ago is pulling a blue crystal, and having the app crash before I could even open it. I log back in to a fresh 4* Shadow. It is all predetermined.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Anyone trying to chase units right now with the summon change in the very near future is insane. Wait a couple days you impatient dummies.

My vote was Gilgamesh/Refia/Zidane for player's choice. Would be ok with Noctis getting the 5* pick too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

But that Leon TM is calling me...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah but what if I want Cupid Artemios for...
Reasons I guess?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

Yeah but what if I want Cupid Artemios for...
Reasons I guess?

You need a dark resistance debuffer for your gimmick dark damage squad obviously.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Dick measuring time.

Menu -> Guides -> Monsters -> No.1

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vax posted:

Dick measuring time.

Sorry, I had to. :smug:

Varance fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 22, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vax posted:

Dick measuring time.

im sorry i dont want to pause my emulator to check

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
you've wiped out an entire species of rat

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Threw a ticket at the Valentine's banner, out popped Cupid Artemios. Looks like the best way to gear him is dual wield along with Rising Sun and Ling's TMR for a mini-Firion, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Vax posted:

Dick measuring time.

Don't feel like messing with screenshots, but I've got 67,842.

• Locked thread