Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
obviously the real solution is pathfinder with 200+ ms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

And light years ahead in terms of actually being usable. I wonder which one is more important?
Maybe you'd fancy a wonder if everyone prefers to keep the full map overlay open at all times?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I keep the map open while mapping

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

TheRat posted:

It always weirds me out when people say that D3 has a better map than PoE. Using the PoE map is like wanking with a velvet glove compared to D3's cheese grater.

Uh, you've got those backwards.

TheRat posted:

Have you tried actually manoeuvring while the D3 map is open? It makes you want to uninstall and/or kill yourself.

That's a solvable design choice; D3 doesn't allow you to click through the map. You could easily allow that. D3's map is infinitely more readable.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Maybe you'd fancy a wonder if everyone prefers to keep the full map overlay open at all times?

I mean that's literally what I was talking about the entire time, but ok.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I like X; you're a loving idiot if you like Y.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

panda clue posted:

WB seems to have less of an issue with this than shield charge, but SC gets stuck on every god drat slight rock that happens to be within 5 meters of your character.

I really wish they'd fudge it instead of stopping your character dead in its tracks because its hitbox clips the terrain by 2 loving pixels. :argh:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

I mean that's literally what I was talking about the entire time, but ok.
You seem to have misread what I'm saying, but panda clue has got it covered.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You seem to have misread what I'm saying, but panda clue has got it covered.

I think you might be the weirdest poster on this entire forum

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

He's no DNC

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Have you been outside Games?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
First harambe, now this thread

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
After years of training I have finally learned to glance at the mini-map instead of keeping the overlay on 24/7 and I don't mean that sarcastically.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
It says a lot about this game that people are left with not much else to bitch about other than the god drat map overlay.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

panda clue posted:

It says a lot about this game that people are left with not much else to bitch about other than the god drat map overlay.
:eyepop:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Do two weapons with essence of hysteria mods share the same internal cooldown or do they have independent cooldowns? Thinking of running an abberath hooves build in legacy and I want to compare fire burst to that new staff with hella flat fire damage.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kild posted:

He's no DNC

We can't all be.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

pork never goes bad posted:

Do two weapons with essence of hysteria mods share the same internal cooldown or do they have independent cooldowns? Thinking of running an abberath hooves build in legacy and I want to compare fire burst to that new staff with hella flat fire damage.

They should share the same cooldown.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cerepol posted:

Honestly I hope 3.0 has some QoL changes for skill feel and movement in general, its time to stop feeling worse than D2 to move around in.

Like making skills available to all classes. Except drop only of course

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How are self found solo dudes gonna get their skillez. I guess you have to level a witch and Maurader to start.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

How are self found solo dudes gonna get their skillez. I guess you have to level a witch and Maurader to start.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards#Maximizing_class_choice_for_vendor_rewards

tl;dr: Scion -> Duelist -> Witch gets you all available gems.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks

Just through act 4 normal right ?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Bugsy posted:

They should share the same cooldown.

How about decay weapons? Would dual wielding daggers result in 2 decay applications per hit?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

Thanks

Just through act 4 normal right ?

Yes, just up to Kaom/Daresso. Don't forget the Library quest though, that one has a ton of useful support gems.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

How about decay weapons? Would dual wielding daggers result in 2 decay applications per hit?

It used to at least, but a dev said it was a bug. Not sure if they've fixed it yet though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really want to do a ball lightning build.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

theshim posted:

WI is usually 1c pretty fast. It's a very common unique.
It actually takes quite a few days to get to 1c. Breach had it take a week.

queeb posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1783448/page/1

does that look like a viable league starter? Really only needs an essence of hysteria, which will hopefully be a bit more common since people can run essence. 6S staff like WI should be easy to get. It's different than other builds i've played so it sounds kinda fun.
I think I know what I'm doing now - maybe transferring into Oro flickerstrike.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 21, 2017

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Lol if you haven't memorized all possible map layouts and actually use the in-game map like some filthy casual

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I sometimes pull up the full map because I can see more of it in that mode. Maps are pretty huge.

Any tips on making a flicker strike build that works?

TheRat posted:

sent

E: You may have an invite. I can get you one though!

:eng99:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whydirt posted:

Lol if you haven't memorized all possible map layouts and actually use the in-game map like some filthy casual

Kind of hard to memorise something that's randomly generated.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

it still follows rules

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

it still follows rules

Yes, but those rules aren't very precise in most maps.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

:thejoke:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

panda clue posted:

I mean I know your panda clue, but I could bring up my grievances with this game and all (and in fact have before)

You know what gently caress it lets start with something that came up a few pages ago.

I find this games art style horrendeously muddy. It can be frustratingly unclear with what it needs to visual communicate to the player at dozens of points in this game.
I was going to type a longer post but :effort:

The gists of my complaints are that it is a fatiguing game visually. Which makes it harder to play in greater than 1hr runs. I want to feel good about playing this game but drat if it doesn't make it hard to do so.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Cerepol posted:

I mean I know your panda clue, but I could bring up my grievances with this game and all (and in fact have before)

btw saying 'PANDA CLUE' doesn't immediately invalidate the information I'm providing in any given post. My reputation comes from sometimes being a sarcastic smartass, not from providing any sort of misinformation.

hope this helps, thread.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pooncha posted:

Any tips on making a flicker strike build that works?

Oro's Slayer is tried and tested, and Raider anything might be cool too now?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Duck and Cover posted:

We can't all be.

This thread, nay, these forums would be greatly improved if dnc was the only one who posted anything.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

queeb posted:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1783448/page/1

does that look like a viable league starter? Really only needs an essence of hysteria, which will hopefully be a bit more common since people can run essence. 6S staff like WI should be easy to get. It's different than other builds i've played so it sounds kinda fun.

That looks pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I really want to do a ball lightning build.

i want to try some cheesy ball lightning knockback mana tank hierophant

• Locked thread