Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Darth Windu posted:

Someone said warlord has the best parry, how is that? The superior block thing? I can't figure out why you'd want to do that instead of just a regular parry

They mean the Shield Crush, the move you confirm after a parry, that completely drains your opponent's Stamina from 100% -> 0%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

My Peacekeeper has had a drat ! Notice on their helm for days and I have no idea how to clear it, its bugging the hell outta me. :(

Its not a max inventory issue either.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Game sometimes craps out in interesting ways. I spawned in game but i couldn't move and nobody could see me.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
That reference is too old for 90% of the people playing video games now.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Dreylad posted:

:negative: never tell me i am old and gay and dead

Anyway i need a translation on this one:

I shamed his e-hounoure

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dreylad posted:

fethers

Anyway that berserker guardbreak tech I posted last night already old and busted, turns out after a guardbreak-forward toss when foe is exhausted berserker actually can reach with their side heavy(most character's cant so I never even thought to try) and then go into top heavy chain finisher just exactly hits before they are able to block again and it all connects for a insane 88 damage. That is basically 3/4th's health on assassin classes, and over half on the shugoki.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Game sometimes craps out in interesting ways. I spawned in game but i couldn't move and nobody could see me.

happened to me as well.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Capn Beeb posted:

Can you stack it with the shoulder pin bleed attack? :q:

Also I usually ask if people want a 1v1 in brawl or elimination, and folks seem to be pretty receptive to it. It makes things a bit more interesting :shobon:

Of course it's usually the samurai that gently caress everything up in the end.

No idea, but as the shoulder pin can be blocked and it is a pain to land I don't bother.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

My Peacekeeper has had a drat ! Notice on their helm for days and I have no idea how to clear it, its bugging the hell outta me. :(

Check the right tab under customisation. Chances are you've unlocked either a new feat or effect and haven't checked it yet.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uWX3BdnMI

just in case anyone missed the timespace journey of the 2nd best emote in the game

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Can Ubi fix their poo poo? Jesus loving christ. I spend 2 minutes loading into a game and it goes right into end-game screen cause the match is finished.

This has happened (to differing extremes) 3 times in a row. I either join during the last round or I join at game end.

Oh, and during two other Elimination matches, I've been forcefully disconnected mid-game, both times when I was leader of the board. Bullshit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

It just means you have new loot. But its hosed up so instead it just means "you have loot".

You either have to ignore it or confirm all your loot every time you play. Hope you don't have OCD.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Loopoo posted:

Can Ubi fix their poo poo? Jesus loving christ. I spend 2 minutes loading into a game and it goes right into end-game screen cause the match is finished.

This has happened (to differing extremes) 3 times in a row. I either join during the last round or I join at game end.

We've talked about it before, but lots of multiplayer games don't do sanity checking on the time remaining. It sucks and hopefully they'll patch it.

Here's the thing though, you're really not supposed to quit the match every round and queue for a new game. If you find a good game, sit in that lobby for a few rounds? If you load in right as the game ends... stay for the next one? I don't see why that's so infuriating to people. You get free XP for doing nothing and a new round starts in like two minutes. Big friggin deal.

It puts you into the game so that the next round will start with full players and not deal with the same issue.

Either you have to have people wait longer between matches to find players, or you have to let people join mid-match, or you have to let people join at the end of matches, or some combination therein. There's no magic loving bullet solution dude. Think about it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So how exactly do directional guard breaks work? Can you only throw people in the direction of your guard when you hit them, or can you quickly change it after making contact to throw in whatever direction you want?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Internet Kraken posted:

So how exactly do directional guard breaks work? Can you only throw people in the direction of your guard when you hit them, or can you quickly change it after making contact to throw in whatever direction you want?

Just hold whatever direction you want to throw them, nothing to do with your guard direction.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

We've talked about it before, but lots of multiplayer games don't do sanity checking on the time remaining. It sucks and hopefully they'll patch it.

Here's the thing though, you're really not supposed to quit the match every round and queue for a new game. If you find a good game, sit in that lobby for a few rounds? If you load in right as the game ends... stay for the next one? I don't see why that's so infuriating to people. You get free XP for doing nothing and a new round starts in like two minutes. Big friggin deal.

It's infuriating if you've played the round with a team that is absolutely awful and you don't feel like sticking it out for another 15 minutes knowing you've got no chance.

I just have a 4v4 Elim match. I killed my opponent relatively quickly and ran over to help my Lawmaker teammate out. We fight for about 2 seconds against the enemy, and then he disappears without me knowing. I got wrecked the instant the Raider went revenge, and post-game when I ask him why he abandoned me, he says he went to get health. It's retarded plays like that that really get me butthurt. If he just stayed and fought the guy with me, we'd have demolished him without even breaking a sweat.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Internet Kraken posted:

Direction (including backward) after grabbing them with the initial guard break.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Directional guard breaks?

You should be able to throw in whatever direction you want after a successful guardbreak+throw. You can throw in any direction around you, not just the 3 stance directions.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Loopoo posted:

It's infuriating if you've played the round with a team that is absolutely awful and you don't feel like sticking it out for another 15 minutes knowing you've got no chance.

I just have a 4v4 Elim match. I killed my opponent relatively quickly and ran over to help my Lawmaker teammate out. We fight for about 2 seconds against the enemy, and then he disappears without me knowing. I got wrecked the instant the Raider went revenge, and post-game when I ask him why he abandoned me, he says he went to get health. It's retarded plays like that that really get me butthurt. If he just stayed and fought the guy with me, we'd have demolished him without even breaking a sweat.

Wait what? We were talking about the game throwing you into a match right as the match ends. What does that have to do with playing a round with a team and having them be awful?

I guess you're saying you join when there's 1 match left, and you decide from that 1 match that they're all terrible? May have just been a fluke round dude. Also aren't teams scrambled between rounds? If you're in a party they probably aren't, so I guess it depends. But still, not sure that fully applies to the scenario we were discussing there.

I mean, lovely teammates suck, yeah. But that seems neither here nor there. I think you misunderstood me?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The game session and group behavior really comes off like Payday 2's clusterfuck where for whatever reason one guy will have upstream connectivity problems with the game host, causing the whole thing to poo poo the bed and not limiting itself to the one guy not being able to join. Just brings the whole thing down most of the time with everyone crashing to the lobby if not the desktop.

On the other hand, the group trouble is usually solved by having someone else be the group leader, whereas the in-game shenanigans really don't have any real fix. I mean it's a fighting game so you can't just have everything being negotiated through a server farm in Dallas because you'd definitely have problems with how the game feels (think a laggy Diablo session, you swing and it 'connects' against their health bar after a delay, also you get hit 3 times) as it tries to keep everyone on the same tick despite a big ol' spread of pings and packet loss figures.

Leave it to Ubi to be like "yeah we can make this work" when it's basically been a total poo poo show every other time it's been tried on a scale bigger than 1v1. Of all companies you would tap to get it right, Ubisoft and their novel Uplay take on social gaming are, ehhhhhh not really on a list of companies I'd have chosen. When it works it's a hell of a fun game though, so I live in hope.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Wait what? We were talking about the game throwing you into a match right as the match ends. What does that have to do with playing a round with a team and having them be awful?

I guess you're saying you join when there's 1 match left, and you decide from that 1 match that they're all terrible? May have just been a fluke round dude. Also aren't teams scrambled between rounds? If you're in a party they probably aren't, so I guess it depends. But still, not sure that fully applies to the scenario we were discussing there.

I mean, lovely teammates suck, yeah. But that seems neither here nor there. I think you misunderstood me?

I check the scoreboards. And why are you so invested in whether I stick around in a lobby I personally think is poo poo as opposed to backing to main menu and trying anew? When I join through a round and get to spectate my teammates getting nonstop grabbed and aren't able to even tech out of them, it's pretty clear they're poo poo teammates. They'll die fast and I'll just end up getting group attacked.

The 2nd paragraph wasn't a reply to you, so I didn't misunderstand you. I got what you mean. But I'm not gonna sit in lobby with shitters. I'd rather go play in a lobby where teams are evenly matched.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

cerebral posted:

After banging my head against a wall for awhile trying to remap my controller, failing everything, including trying to remap through Steam, I finally followed the instructions in this link, and it works...mostly: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qi3e2/pc_want_to_rebind_your_controller/

It sucks that it doesn't change the button prompts in game, but anything is better than having guard break mapped to square.

Changing subjects, I'm having difficulty using the Berserker, and I'm curious if my opinions on the class or correct, or if I'm just missing something. The first opinion I have is that for a character that relies on mobility and being in close, she really lacks a good distance closer. I wish I could take a couple of the Warlord's moves to close distance and insert them in the Berserker moveset.

The other thing is that I have a lot of trouble landing that first hit when I try to play aggressively. I just have a terrible time breaking through someone's defense to land those first couple of hits. I have a lot more success when I wait for a parry or a deflect, which is ok when I'm playing Warlord because I have such a deep health pool that I can make a mistake or two and come back from it, but when I do that with a Berserker, if I happen to miss my first parry, I'm in a lot of trouble playing from behind.

Unlock, forward dash+heavy does a :krad: overhead chop that closes distance and can't be interrupted.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Loopoo posted:

I check the scoreboards. And why are you so invested in whether I stick around in a lobby I personally think is poo poo as opposed to backing to main menu and trying anew? When I join through a round and get to spectate my teammates getting nonstop grabbed and aren't able to even tech out of them, it's pretty clear they're poo poo teammates. They'll die fast and I'll just end up getting group attacked.

The 2nd paragraph wasn't a reply to you, so I didn't misunderstand you. I got what you mean. But I'm not gonna sit in lobby with shitters. I'd rather go play in a lobby where teams are evenly matched.

Do not criticize The Product. Not their fault you are enjoying it wrong..

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Reclaimer posted:

Unlock, forward dash+heavy does a :krad: overhead chop that closes distance and can't be interrupted.

I must be messing something up, because I thought the Berserker's dash+heavy was this side slash thing that used both axes, but provided very little in the way of forward momentum.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm trying Kensai after maining Warden for uncountable hours and I'm really enjoying him. Nothing flashy, just a dependable moveset and a real emphasis on having your defense poo poo together.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Darth Windu posted:

Someone said warlord has the best parry, how is that? The superior block thing? I can't figure out why you'd want to do that instead of just a regular parry

The superior block thing doesn't seem all that great, but if you press your guard break button as you parry someone normally, you break their face with your shield immediately. This deals a catastrophic amount of stamina damage (I've never seen anyone not get exhausted) and can be followed by a quick heavy attack that always seems to come from your left.

It's good.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

flashman posted:

Do not criticize The Product. Not their fault you are enjoying it wrong..

Apologies, I misspoke. The Product™ has given me nothing but joy and happiness. I would recommend The Product™ to everyone in the hopes they gain a healthy and happy life like I have.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Rainuwastaken posted:

The superior block thing doesn't seem all that great, but if you press your guard break button as you parry someone normally, you break their face with your shield immediately. This deals a catastrophic amount of stamina damage (I've never seen anyone not get exhausted) and can be followed by a quick heavy attack that always seems to come from your left.

It's good.

Or you can do light attack for a guaranteed bit of damage. Your choice.

I'm still trying to figure out when to use the Startup Superior Block on Warlord Lights and when just to go ham with a straight parry. I desperately wish we had Trainable bots. This game's practice mode sucks.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Songbearer posted:

I'm trying Kensai after maining Warden for uncountable hours and I'm really enjoying him. Nothing flashy, just a dependable moveset and a real emphasis on having your defense poo poo together.

After putting a bit of time into everyone, Kensei is the "Ryu" of the game. Kinda has a bit of everything, but not exceptional at any one thing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Kensai excels at possession of Hanzo steel and is therefore a warrior to be feared.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

cerebral posted:

I must be messing something up, because I thought the Berserker's dash+heavy was this side slash thing that used both axes, but provided very little in the way of forward momentum.

That's the sprint+heavy, or the side dash+heavy. Forward dash+heavy is an uninterruptible overhead attack.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cerebral posted:

Youre correct and reclaimer is thinking of forward+jump while locked on. It has armor so it's excellent against nobushi in particular.

Speaking of, conquerors lack of a forward attack is really bringing me down on the class. Especially combined with its lack of options. I think giving it a guard break counter attack would fill the main hole in their defense as well as giving them something unique. Right now i feel like im playing a handicapped warlord.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Evil Canadian posted:

After putting a bit of time into everyone, Kensei is the "Ryu" of the game. Kinda has a bit of everything, but not exceptional at any one thing.

I think he's pretty exceptional at using distance to his advantage. Not necessarily as good as the samurai spear lady but it's funny as hell to just hop in and bop someone on the top of their dome before they get their guard up. He doesn't really seem to have a really flowing style like the warden but he really shines if you exercise patience and git gud with parrying.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Evil Canadian posted:

Well don't accidentally close your game then!! how exactly do you even manage that?

Quit to desktop and quit to main menu are right next to each other, and when you're seeing red after dying to that berserker bitch in the campaign mode in realistic difficulty... well...

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Mercedes posted:

Quit to desktop and quit to main menu are right next to each other, and when you're seeing red after dying to that berserker bitch in the campaign mode in realistic difficulty... well...

You mean the one that dies in 2 seconds when you throw her into spikes? :ohdear:

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Playing on PS4

Kwosge for both PSN and uP

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Anyone on PC unable to play the game? I was in the middle of downloading an update and now it says the servers can't be connected too.

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 22, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Are lag-switches relatively easy to make and employ ingame, cause I'm coming across an awful lot of Prestige >2 who seem to conveniently lag at the most inopportune times for myself. Like out of guard breaks, or when they're hammering blows down on me that I'm blocking yet they still somehow seem to get through.

Had a Kensei earlier today who kept teleporting out of guard breaks and landing hits on me that I didn't even see coming. I was also just in a match now against an Orochi player who got a little salty that I owned him as another lower Prestige'd Orochi, and he started lagging a little. Then when I died and was in spectator mode, the game sped up really fast like it was running at 140 frames a second, it was super strange. Like someone had recorded a clip of things happening and sped it up by 2x.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Oh boy I just got called my first racial slur. A milestone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

FunkMonkey posted:

Oh boy I just got called my first racial slur. A milestone.

Was it a correct one though? What if you were a white samurai, or a black viking?