Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
but boy he does not approve of trump's attitude, mister!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

I think the Democrats need to nominate a war hero with an independent streak for 2020 to counteract Trump's tough guy image, someone with Constitutional bona fides to draw in moderates uneasy with Trump's authoritarian instincts.

That's right folks. Trump Train? Meet the Straight Talk Express :dukedog:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/833974298561888256

Finally, a president to finish andrew johnsons dream of stealing all native land

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Al! posted:

a prominent critic who will vote in lockstep and shut up the second he's told to shut up

ah, another purity test obsessed bernie bro i see. have fun with 8 years of DRUMPF!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

ah, another purity test obsessed bernie bro i see. have fun with 8 years of DRUMPF!!!

to be fair, that's really not any different from what your average democrat is doing right now

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/31/us/politics/trump-cabinet-confirmation-votes.html?_r=0

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RESIST! in a reasonable and organized way, making sure to build plenty of ever-useful political capital

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

RESIST! in a reasonable and organized way, making sure to build plenty of ever-useful political capital

for all the crowing about how rogue one was the movie democrats needed in the trump era they sure seemed to miss the point

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Ellison has gone back on his anti-lobbyist money pledge and made some other concessions/compromises that in the best light is what it takes to stay viable given the DNC apparatus, yet is pretty troubling regardless. There's a solid chance its all for naught as Perez takes it no matter how many bones Ellison throws to the DNC dogs.

Buttgieg hasn't made any concessions because his best chance is all the other candidates dying in a freak accident at a David Brock donor retreat while he is elsewhere.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/annielowrey/status/834063242808942592

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im all the ohio boosters in this twitter thread that are mad about this statement

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes, the biggest companies in Ohio are like Kroger's (which is really loving big now apparently), Procter and Gamble, and a bunch of health care/insurance/banking companies that don't really produce anything. P&G used to be a big manufacturer but I don't if that is still the case in Ohio or not.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Yes, generally when manufacturing jobs leave and go other places the statistics start to reflect that manufacturing is not as large a part of that area's economy. The people will be reassured that while their jobs are gone and never returning, there are still some production jobs several thousand miles away that.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/834086437641474054

buttigiegmentum

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

tower time posted:

Yes, generally when manufacturing jobs leave and go other places the statistics start to reflect that manufacturing is not as large a part of that area's economy. The people will be reassured that while their jobs are gone and never returning, there are still some production jobs several thousand miles away that.

this is how it has always been

when droughts and erosion destroyed agriculture in the Great Plains back in the 30s, millions of farmers migrated west to California in search of work

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/834119188352528385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

economic anxiety ya'll

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/803318148342673414

this is the only good economic anxiety take.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

when droughts and erosion destroyed agriculture in the Great Plains back in the 30s, millions of farmers migrated west to California in search of work

They didn't elect the fast-talking dude who swept into town one night and promised to make it rain President though, so I guess Depression-era folks really were better than us.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

a prominent critic who will vote in lockstep and shut up the second he's told to shut up

ain't even got to tell him to shut up, it's a foregone conclusion

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

No

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm p. sure it's the take most folks here are on board with.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

Has Keith lost the grace of C-SPAM or something, not sure why someone would toxx for Bottomgeiger otherwise unless they were playing the long con for an eventual Deez Nuts/Butt presidential run

Nuts2Butts 2020

Serf posted:

for all the crowing about how rogue one was the movie democrats needed in the trump era they sure seemed to miss the point

Wait -- what was the point? I love learning new things so tell me

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

unbutthurtable posted:

the point of rogue one is we're all going to die horribly

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gringostar posted:

the point of rogue one is we're all going to die horribly

basically this

the more optimistic take is that resistance means doing whatever it takes, including throwing yourself into the meat grinder and being pulverized down to nothing to pave the way for someone else who can actually make a difference, and you'll be forgotten. as has been pointed out our elected dem representatives are all about politely asking the enemy to stop

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
rogue one is actually about solidarity with trump voters against both the republican and democratic establishment

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

unbutthurtable posted:

Nuts2Butts 2020

Working within the system is stupid

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bring back reid

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

That one sure don't.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

quote:

I also hate using that, because for many people, Hillary Clinton was their candidate. It wasn't about lesser evil for them. If I would have had to vote for Bernie Sanders, it would have been supporting the "lesser evil"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lol

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

:thermidor:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

You see, I just don't get that. I mean I understand Hilldems not liking Bernie and even claiming (incorrectly) he'd be unable to win, but I cannot understand how anyone could rationally claim he's a lesser evil, as that claim would mean he's somehow a similar, but lesser, form of corpo shitlord as Trump.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You see, I just don't get that. I mean I understand Hilldems not liking Bernie and even claiming (incorrectly) he'd be unable to win, but I cannot understand how anyone could rationally claim he's a lesser evil, as that claim would mean he's somehow a similar, but lesser, form of corpo shitlord as Trump.

they think he and his supporters cost the Slai Kween the election. this aint hard

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why does chuck insist on wearing his glasses like a grandma

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

quote:

Abortion is health care. More pay doesn't matter if you are trangender and can't get hired or dead. But I fail to see how economic issues were not catered to this past election.

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i want 2 take u guys thru the journey i just had

oh wow the national review even thinks dems need to choose a more progressive and labor-focused voice to unite their party

uh oh, looks like they think ellison is a radical commie who hates white people, but i guess that makes sense for the arch conservative journal

oh ok, they want perez, that makes sense

wait what

:unsmigghh:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al! posted:

oh wow the national review even thinks dems need to choose a more progressive and labor-focused voice to unite their party

uh oh, looks like they think ellison is a radical commie who hates white people, but i guess that makes sense for the arch conservative journal

wait what

Holy gently caress. 20% off on Annie Choon's meals :vince:.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Al! posted:

wait what

i don't get the people who think buttigieg is a stealth conservative

i just don't

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Holy gently caress. 20% off on Annie Choon's meals :vince:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Main Paineframe posted:

i don't get the people who think buttigieg is a stealth conservative

i just don't

He backed Hillary lol

Only conservatives back the abuela man, cmon

• Locked thread