Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The Arkham games seemed to take some inspiration from Fist of the North Star with the cape beatdown. I wanted to find a gif of it but google has failed me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NangA6K64M4

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I skipped about 30 pages, so I'm sorry if this was posted already

Holy poo poo that ad for Deus Ex: Human Revolution came true:
https://i.imgur.com/S7zAqgR.gifv

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There have been amazing advances in bionic limb replacement in the last 15 years. Sadly lots of that is because of the Afghanistan and Iraq War creating so many wounded veterans.

But if you wanna cry a lot watch videos of children getting 3D printed limbs. It will make you feel good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Snak posted:

I skipped about 30 pages, so I'm sorry if this was posted already

Holy poo poo that ad for Deus Ex: Human Revolution came true:
https://i.imgur.com/S7zAqgR.gifv

It's seriously insane how little improvement to prosthetics there has been until recently so this is real real cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope I can get those deus ex conversation augments that make people like you (and hopefully they work online)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E1ssJvbJ10

His TED talk is pretty great. He can manually adjust his own height to be over 7 feet tall if he wants, which he demonstrates in the presentation iirc :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr E posted:

It's seriously insane how little improvement to prosthetics there has been until recently so this is real real cool.

There's been a lot of really interesting prototypes that just get shot down for cost.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Welp, start picking your sides now for the inevitable clash between man and cyborg.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wear glasses, I'm already a man-machine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's just going to be a clash between the rich and the poor, so nothing will change.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

a mechanical apartheid...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Lurdiak posted:

It's just going to be a clash between the rich and the poor, so nothing will change.

Literally eat the rich for their nutritious robot parts. I am down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Welp, start picking your sides now for the inevitable clash between man and cyborg.

You don't pick a side. The rich will be the cyborgs, the poor will not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Literally eat the rich for their nutritious robot parts. I am down.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Drink the rich

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

I wear glasses, I'm already a man-machine.

You know, I would have thought that LASIK would be cheap by now. What's taking so long? It's still like $1000, same price as literally 20 years ago.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm more interested for the part of the talk at about 7:30 and 9:00 where he speaks of exoskeletons. Bionics are cool and all but they require removing parts of your body to replace them, or otherwise medically appending your body with extra baggage. Exoskeletons don't, and imo they're gonna become common first before real Deus Ex-style augmentation.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 21, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

precision posted:

You know, I would have thought that LASIK would be cheap by now. What's taking so long? It's still like $1000, same price as literally 20 years ago.

Well if you account for inflation, it has gotten cheaper!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

precision posted:

$1000 in 1997 dollars would be about $1500 in 2017 dollars. So if the price point stayed the same then it has gone down.

e:f,b

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well true. I'm just saying, if you had asked me 20 years ago I would have thought that by now LASIK would be something you could get done in an afternoon for $50.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Mak0rz posted:

I've never played Hyrule Warriors but I really want to if not only because it's the only videogame I can think of where you can play an entomancer class

If you mean a person who controls bugs I'm pretty sure one of the monster hunter games has "large beetle + flute you play to tell it what to do" as a weapon set.

What are good + chill city building games? I have 100 hours in cities skylines and I want some other way to look after a little pretend town. Bonus points if it's a historical sim.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Normally I'd agree but society did a surprisingly good job at quashing Google Glass across the board.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

Normally I'd agree but society did a surprisingly good job at quashing Google Glass across the board.

yeah, but the big concern there was privacy. It will make a comeback in a few years when privacy is completely stamped out.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Aren't the snapchat glasses coming out soon

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God I hope not

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

As if there's no way to suck up to the rich :rolleyes:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CrashCat posted:

All you gotta do is get a job with their private security force

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i wish drew scanlon of giant bomb luck as he leaves to head the video game branch of people magazine, "Save State"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The AI will stand with the poor and downtrodden.

One day AI will be advanced enough that Milo will return from the dead, and Molyneux will be vindicated.

Milo will save us all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, but then you're a cyborg whose expensive prosthesis leave you permanently in debt to the rich, so you'll be their shock troopers.

God bless Cybermerica.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The AI will stand with the poor and downtrodden.

One day AI will be advanced enough that Milo will return from the dead, and Molyneux will be vindicated.

Milo will save us all.

Sorry, turns out he's a pedophile.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Polygon was streaming Night in the Woods and got stuck on a plaforming segment, then deleted the stream lol

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

MinibarMatchman posted:

Polygon was streaming Night in the Woods and got stuck on a plaforming segment, then deleted the stream lol

Why are they so bad at videogames?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The good news is, when the augmentation apartheid actually does happen it will not be intensely banal and boring the one in Human Revolution/Mankind Divided.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Why are they so bad at videogames?

I think they have like two or three writers who are Good At Games, like Griffin McElroy, but otherwise they tend to be painful to watch playing anything that requires mechanical skill. And Griffin's got like eighty different projects going right now so I'm not surprised he's showing up a little less. He's on approximately every podcast and also now there's a My Brother, My Brother, and Me internet TV show.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I probably would have bought the PS4 version anyway but that sucks.

I'm playing on hard for the first time and I was doing okay until I got to the first boss :v:

The text speed up is a godsend

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MinibarMatchman posted:

was it the third dream sequence

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://i.imgur.com/27u09gD.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nitw is pretty good so far tho the dream sequences are real bad and just feel like garbage padding for no reason at all

• Locked thread