Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

jBrereton posted:

This but Harlan County.

Harlan County USA, the world's greatest documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

<---- page 1 post haver

<---- page 100 post haver

:same:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

as many as 5??? who can say

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

There are parts of WV that have worse life expectancy than North Korea. I can't blame them for thinking that something has to change and that they've been left behind by a party touting economic recovery.

nah gently caress em. every other part of the county has to change with the times, they ain't fukken special. fact is they voted their head into a noose and its no ones fault but theirs.

"won't somebody think of the vacuum tube manufacturers :qq:"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Former Everything posted:

we don't want your danged ol' clean water, obummer

we are poor people living in an economically depressed area

we dont want your health care either

what we really want is for trump to cut taxes on the wealthy, repeal the expansion of medicaid, and repeal environmental regulations so that corporations can make more money

oh, and no more a them a bortions!

don't forget gently caress minorities

we can't call'em the n word no more because of the gosh darn pc culture

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

cheer up friend. :unsmith:

I can't

I'm depressed and we're doomed

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
hell yeah its the intro courses page

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The Romulans are pretty bad, but you have to stay away from those cube borg mfers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

To be honest I think they know. It's either die now from starvation or decades later from cancer.

same but extendibg the chice to all people everywverw

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

mormonpartyboat posted:

“looking for loads,”

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://m.dailykos.com/story/2017/2...rty-affiliation

quote:

Iowa legislature introduces bill to require university faculty applicants to state party affiliation

The legislation proposes that a “person shall not be hired as a professor or instructor member of the faculty at such an institution if the person’s political party affiliation on the date of hire would cause the percentage of faculty belonging to one political party to exceed by ten percent the percentage of faculty belonging to the other political party.”

I leave this without comment

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

John Kasich is from Pittsburgh.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agrajag posted:

hell yeah its the intro courses page

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

I can't

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i want more autistic screeching about taiwan

Oh ya, that was great fun.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

The Romulans are pretty bad, but you have to stay away from those cube borg mfers

qtiyd w pakleds, fat space bros livn in trash

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

I can't

:yeah:

but cheer up and go run for something. C-SPAM the gently caress out of DC

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

My buddy who's a janitor at the local reactor has been talking a lot about this new religion he's gotten into. Pretty edgy shamanic stuff with wolves and ravens all about the dangers of modernity and something about bringing on the Fimbulwinter to purify Earth.

Sounds pretty cool imo I wanna save the planet too!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stop infantalizing them. The single issue coal voters made their bed and now they can sleep in it. Turf out the morons like McConnell whose 30 year tenure in KY has overseen the death of coal and half the state.

Pity the kids who grow up drinking poison and can't escape ASAP, but not the people who did that to them

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Hillary wished for a night of broken glass but forgot her genie was german.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Just a side note about bills in state legislatures.

anyone can enter a bill, you should only care about it after a.) It has cosponsors, and b.) gets voted out of a committee.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

To be honest I think they know. It's either die now from starvation or decades later from cancer.

lol they'd have a chance at food stamps before, now they have nothing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hahaha

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

John Kasich is from Pittsburgh.

danf you got a consostwnt poating brand

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Schnorkles posted:

There are parts of WV that have worse life expectancy than North Korea. I can't blame them for thinking that something has to change and that they've been left behind by a party touting economic recovery.

also they're now going to have it worse because they'll be poor AND there will be ~more~ lead in their water.

sounds to me like those proud west virginians should have a little personal responsibility and try living within their means instead of asking the government for handouts

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

also they're now going to have it worse because they'll be poor AND there will be ~more~ lead in their water.

Feral urbans need to "show some personal responsibility," but I should be allowed to sit in my dead-rear end mill town with no prospects and have the government subsidize my lifestyle.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They're gonna be mad when they find out that there's way more super conservative professors than they realize and it results in hiring liberal ones, especially if the ratio is by department

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/834130046117933057

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wom...c36c804b7&tpp=1

TROMP!

t-tromp!?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

This is incredibly dumb

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

I can't help but laugh.

Faculty meetings are already drama fests.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

"the" other

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

Just a side note about bills in state legislatures.

anyone can enter a bill, you should only care about it after a.) It has cosponsors, and b.) gets voted out of a committee.

Generally true but otoh a single bill still means there is a loving elected rep that's for that bullshit on a signaling level at a minimum

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

What are your credentials, Dr. Possum?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol also maybe that can be used as a precedent to implement a similar law in police forces

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Stop infantalizing them. The single issue coal voters made their bed and now they can sleep in it. Turf out the morons like McConnell whose 30 year tenure in KY has overseen the death of coal and half the state.

Pity the kids who grow up drinking poison and can't escape ASAP, but not the people who did that to them

I'm not infantalizing them, and I do not believe you can reach the vast majority of them. However, I do firmly believe that mental mindsets they are stuck in are not products of their own deficiencies, they're products of a hosed up and broken society. They are ultimately victims too, it's just hard to get them to help you in helping them.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lolol

how fast would this get shot down in court?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fuckin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Nichael posted:

I'm not infantalizing them, and I do not believe you can reach the vast majority of them. However, I do firmly believe that mental mindsets they are stuck in are not products of their own deficiencies, they're products of a hosed up and broken society. They are ultimately victims too, it's just hard to get them to help you in helping them.

It's time to cauterize some wounds

• Locked thread