Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'll be surprised if I can even get through the whole thing by the time Breath of the Wild is out, there's going to be a lot to look at.

And I don't reads goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just got this in:

The book is loving huge.

Oh poo poo that must be why my doorbell rang before. Time to go check it out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't wait until you find the Zora tunic and go exploring the skull lake and there's this giant underwater rock formation and it starts shifting revealing it to be a terrifying water monster and you void your bowels directly into your hero pants

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Nah the sheikah slate is going to have a SCUBA rune

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What does Art & Artifacts have that Hyrule Historia doesn't? I have a B&N gift card and might pick it up, but if it's barely any different than HH, I'll leave it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hyrule Historia seems to just be Skyward Sword concept art plus some info about old games. Art and Artifacts seems to be all kinds of cool art about everything. I don't have my Art and Artifacts yet.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Art and Artifacts, I think, is supposed to be every piece of art from all of the games sans Breath of the Wild and from what I'm seeing so far that's about right.

I've just started looking through it and in the LTTP section they have the original art and the redone art for the GBA+Four Sword release (which I didn't even know had it's own art), so that's really cool.

edit: They even have pencil sketches of concept art which is pretty different from what the art ended up being and I've never seen any of this stuff anywhere.

sigher fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 21, 2017

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Continuing the derail (sorry), but while NSMB Wii was as "blah" as a Mario game can be, the fan-made project Newer Super Mario is really impressive. Probably the biggest 2d mario game ever with very good level design, both within the levels and in the overworld, with lots of variety and secrets to find. Also, they brought back the Hammer Brothers power up, and if that doesn't sell it, then you may already be dead.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I hope they find a way to play this trailer's theme in-game during a cool story scene or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
Would hate if it only played during attract mode or something like that

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

Gamexplain posted a video showing off what the BotW amiibo do, according to the backs of their boxes. It looks like they all just give rare items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Ordered Art & Artifacts back in August and it hasn't even shipped yet, probably won't even get it until next week. What a bummer

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

Ordered Art & Artifacts back in August and it hasn't even shipped yet, probably won't even get it until next week. What a bummer

Where did you order it from?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BowieFett posted:

Gamexplain posted a video showing off what the BotW amiibo do, according to the backs of their boxes. It looks like they all just give rare items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo

I can't tell if this is a disappointment for being so boring, or a relief that I don't have to buy them because they're meh.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm guessing they made all these amiibo before they decided to port the game to the Switch.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I'm guessing they made all these amiibo before they decided to port the game to the Switch.

No, the Switch will support amiibo use. That add on feature must be an insane cash cow for Nintendo, there's no way in hell they'd ever that it vanish.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Nephzinho posted:

I can't tell if this is a disappointment for being so boring, or a relief that I don't have to buy them because they're meh.

The catch-22 of amiibo strikes once again!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Can't people just admit they want to collect toys and not try to hide it behind the fact that these amiibos do something useful?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pentyne posted:

No, the Switch will support amiibo use. That add on feature must be an insane cash cow for Nintendo, there's no way in hell they'd ever that it vanish.

I'm talking about the fact that it doesn't mention the Switch anywhere on the package. Once the designs for characters were finalized, they probably had all the amiibos made up, which was before they decided to push the game back to release on the Switch.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mahoning posted:

Can't people just admit they want to collect toys and not try to hide it behind the fact that these amiibos do something useful?

In the days of digital media, physical merch is quite popular.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Cojawfee posted:

Where did you order it from?

Amazon, but I don't have that fancy Prime thing and I chose the cheapest shipping option. Wasn't expecting to get it on release day but I was hoping it would ship.

Mahoning posted:

They're not toys, you can't play with them!!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It looks like having the wolf one is the best of the bunch. How far into TP do I have to play to get the cave and beef up my wolf link to be a major beast?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why people want more junk to clutter their life up is beyond me. Best thing I ever did was get rid of my drat near 200 physical games. It was a giant eyesore in my house.

Edit: I assume the majority of the people that like this are 22-26 years old. I was there at one point, then I grew out of it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The only Zelda amiibo that looks even mildly interesting to me enough that I'd consider buying it depending on the price is that 8-bit Link. But I'd also be buying it to just set it up on a shelf or something and I'd never touch my Switch with it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Kirios posted:

Why people want more junk to clutter their life up is beyond me. Best thing I ever did was get rid of my drat near 200 physical games. It was a giant eyesore in my house.

Edit: I assume the majority of the people that like this are 22-26 years old. I was there at one point, then I grew out of it.

Where's that giant rolleyes vomiting smaller rolleyes when you need it?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Calaveron posted:

When u see it
Is it weird that just looking at this screenshot gives me goosebumps?

Is it also weird that the first thing I wanna do in this new game is find a windmill and chill with what had better be the windmill guy playing the song of storms out of a very oddly worn instrument?

Not weird, right?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mahoning posted:

A toy is cool. A toy that is both a toy and DLC is better, since it's still a toy whenever you want, but you get an extra benefit as well. Nintendo hit gold with ambiios really. They're not toys, but they do make nice little shelf or desk ornaments, and many adults want that more than toys really.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The only amiibo I'll ever own is yarn yoshi since it's not a boring plastic model and I found it on clearance.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Mahoning posted:

I own like a dozen of them and have never used them in a game

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
God drat, this book is huge.

Edit: It's hecka good as gently caress

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 22, 2017

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Mahoning posted:

I like that the toys unlock silly poo poo like letting me run around dressed as best squaifu in animal crossing but yes mostly i just like little toys.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Shiiit someone is datamining the game now, and UI icons for late-game costumes and equipment are the first things hitting the web. Heads down now to avoid spoilers.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Shiiit someone is datamining the game now, and UI icons for late-game costumes and equipment are the first things hitting the web. Heads down now to avoid spoilers.

Welp, guess it's time to ghost the internet for a week

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Someone already figured out how to pull stuff off the Switch carts?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Cojawfee posted:

Someone already figured out how to pull stuff off the Switch carts?

Maybe they have a Wii u copy. I dunno. I've seen the leaked icons and they look super plausible. And they're pretty big spoilers if true (as much as equipment reveals can be)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
For the morbidly curious: http://buttz click at own risk etc

Content wise it's a number of swords, shields, costumes and horse gear. I'd say pretty late game for some stuff but I couldn't say for sure.

And THOSE costumes are more likely unlockable Easter eggs than anything else

:siren:
E: removed link because Imgur albums can be updated with more images and who knows what could be added next that's way more spoilery and I don't want to be the douche who told everyone the link was just costume/item stuff only to be wrong
!!!so loving beware of that if you click the link from someone who has quoted me below!!!

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 22, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am ROCK HARD.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

For the morbidly curious: fine whatever im a nice boy ill remove it click at own risk etc

Content wise it's a number of swords, shields, costumes and horse gear. I'd say pretty late game for some stuff but I couldn't say for sure.

Wew

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 22, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

For the morbidly curious: click at own risk etc

[spoilers]I didn't think that they'd include the dildo sword from Saint's Row but I guess Nintendo's becoming more mature[/spoiler]

Edit: removed the link to respect the wishes of Captain Buzzkill

Lemming fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 22, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Now would be a good time for people who wants to have a pure spoiler free experience TO GET THE gently caress OFF THE INTERNET because poo poo's gonna be hitting hard and fast pretty soon
Nine goddamn days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm not leaving the Internet. I live here.