Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Yea like I'm feeding fresh bodies into the capitalist machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

Yea like I'm feeding fresh bodies into the capitalist machine.

Who knew "prolefeed" had an alternate meaning?

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
If I had kids in my 20's, I'd be dealing with teenagers approaching adulthood right about now. They'd also be far more hosed up than they are now because they would've been parented by a man child during their formative years. Less so now because I'm old and crotchety and proof that anyone can learn the hard way eventually.

There are advantages to starting a bit later, like having a more comfortable financial situation and a poo poo tonne of hand me downs from the breeders in your circle of friends who came before you (pun intended). You also learn from their mistakes. Like gently caress those child rearing books or that bullshit "what to expect when you're expecting" drek. gently caress them, gently caress them right in the ear. If that 8 pound poo spewing noise machine wasn't shat out with an instruction booklet stuck to the placenta, those books will be like buying a Haynes manual for a 2001 Volkswagen Scirocco just to fix your 2003 Ford F150. Sure they both have 4 wheels and engines that go vroom, but thats about it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jailbrekr posted:

If I had kids in my 20's, I'd be dealing with teenagers approaching adulthood right about now. They'd also be far more hosed up than they are now because they would've been parented by a man child during their formative years. Less so now because I'm old and crotchety and proof that anyone can learn the hard way eventually.

There are advantages to starting a bit later, like having a more comfortable financial situation and a poo poo tonne of hand me downs from the breeders in your circle of friends who came before you (pun intended). You also learn from their mistakes. Like gently caress those child rearing books or that bullshit "what to expect when you're expecting" drek. gently caress them, gently caress them right in the ear. If that 8 pound poo spewing noise machine wasn't shat out with an instruction booklet stuck to the placenta, those books will be like buying a Haynes manual for a 2001 Volkswagen Scirocco just to fix your 2003 Ford F150. Sure they both have 4 wheels and engines that go vroom, but thats about it.

this guy fucks

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

when my son is 18 im kid free and i will be 39 and going back to being a shithead

all potential grand babies get aborted

exactly. i'll be 40. got that poo poo out of the way.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I think these people who don't want to have kids are just natures way of keeping bad genes out of circulation.

I just donate at multiple sperm banks. Spread my seed without the financial responsibility

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Shayl posted:

A big reason I don't want to have kids because of the irreversible damage to my body it'll cause. I have other reasons too, but man, I just don't want to stretch my vag out that much. Ow.

They oversewed my wife's vag post delivery and she seems to have permanent hemorrhoids from the extreme pushing. :suicide:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

They oversewed my wife's vag post delivery and she seems to have permanent hemorrhoids from the extreme pushing. :suicide:

op pls put this in the op

jesus christ

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

:gonk:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It's probably worth having kids just for that sweet Child Tax Credit.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

It's probably worth having kids just for that sweet Child Tax Credit.

not worth if it if you get hemmroids and your vagoo stapled shut

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

Professor SJW posted:

not worth if it if you get hemmroids and your vagoo stapled shut

There are so, so many things they don't warn women about when it comes to what it does to your body (maybe because none of us would have babies if we knew??)

Also there is a lot of mucus and poop at all times. Childbirth is gross and also dangerous. Yay.

What's the worst thing that could happen during a birth? Needing an epidural? Maybe a c-section? NO YOU AND THE BABY CAN BOTH DIE.

gently caress that, especially considering we wouldn't be good parents and I wouldn't enjoy it.

Shayl fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 22, 2017

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Oh yeah, when my friend's sister gave birth to her first kid it split her open so far that it permanently damaged the nerve endings down there and now she has no feeling.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

b-minus1 posted:

Imagine working a dead end job, having no social life, playing video games all night, and posting in gbs on a Saturday night, in your 20's

The dream life right here imo

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Shayl posted:

Childbirth is gross and also dangerous.
Like a gun made of greasy leftover chicken bones.

Actually, an appreciation for Cronenberg can help carry you through a lot of the difficult parts of having children.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Im a no childer but I no longer pretend its due to some sacrifice for the planet like population control or something, instead its openly because my longterm partner and I would not be able to provide for a kid on a dual income less than 100k which is where we're at right now and we're OK with living a nontraditional life

Kinda insane how two incomes cannot adequately raise a family in many cases when several decades ago it was the norm in the US to have one earner in a family

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Im a no childer but I no longer pretend its due to some sacrifice for the planet like population control or something, instead its openly because my longterm partner and I would not be able to provide for a kid on a dual income less than 100k which is where we're at right now and we're OK with living a nontraditional life

Kinda insane how two incomes cannot adequately raise a family in many cases when several decades ago it was the norm in the US to have one earner in a family

So when are you going to stop pretending it's because $100K/yr isn't enough? Because that's plenty of money.

http://mrmoneymustache.com :getin:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I guess it would be cool to be the hot M/DILF to your kids' classmates or friends.

Jailbrekr posted:

Dude, that's just embarrassing.

There's no such thing as a 2001 Scirocco.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
lotta assblasted parents itt trying to defend their decisions.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Some people say you can't truly be an adult until you have children of your own.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

The people that say that have kids and are salty lol

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Some people say you can't truly be an adult until you have children of your own.

that's funny because some of the biggest immature fuckups i know are parents

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
maturity has nothing to do with age and/or life experiences

i'm the living proof

on the other hand, some of you 30-somethings here sound ancient

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do you love your kids?

If so, why?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I like to think of this thread as my child imo , and I love my dead gay forum

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Zzulu posted:

Do you love your kids?

If so, why?

I love my kids, because my 3 year old is funny AF and the 1 year old sometimes giggles at me which makes up for the screaming. My son refers to himself as "Boy" in the 3rd person and it makes everything he says gold.

However - I have put on ~20 lbs the past few years largely due to them soaking all time during the day. Exercise was the lowest priority thing and was removed from my schedule without a commensurate change in eating habits.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

The Bible posted:

I had one kid about 2 years ago at 32.

It really is pretty draining. You don't sleep much, you have to watch them pretty much constantly, and any time they get sick it is terrifying on a number of levels. My wife absolutely refuses to help, and mostly just watches TV or sleeps while I do everything, so that makes things that much more stressful.

Despite that, I don't regret having him at all, but when I look at people with two kids, that poo poo blows my mind. My kid is out of the dreadfully awful Immobile Housebound Baby phase, and the idea of just punching the reset button on that now just boggles my mind.

It was 1 year before I felt anything but pure exhaustion. Things are way easier now. Why would anyone ever put themselves through that hell again?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the reason it's exhausting is because of your piece of poo poo wife. Everyone's gotta tag out once in a while.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

However - I have put on ~20 lbs the past few years largely due to them soaking all time during the day. Exercise was the lowest priority thing and was removed from my schedule without a commensurate change in eating habits.
Sounds like they're literally killing you. I think I'll reconsider.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I live in Utah where that's the reality lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

proctorbot posted:

Honestly having a kid sucks a lot. It just drains all your energy and sucks your vitality from you until you are a withered husk wishing for death. I hope I will change my mind when I'm an old man and she's an adult but right now it feels like the biggest mistake I ever made.

She's 7 months old fyi. I don't care about the money thing childfree people are always on about. Thats not the part thay sucks. Have you ever been around a parent of a young child? We are like zombies just going through the motions until we can pass out from sheer exhaustion again.

This is ficking sad. I feel bad for your daughter. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

honestly all the weird alternative reasons not to have kids that i came up with (overpopulation, environmental/financial reasons, etc.) were a direct result of me (a young-ish woman) being hassled about it by people who refused to accept that i just didn't want them

i no longer give a gently caress, so when people ask me why i don't kids, i'm comfortable stating my actual reasons and standing my ground :unsmith:

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I love my daughter, I was just having a hard day when I made that post. Which is part of being a parent.

I was against having kids when I was younger. One of the things that changes my mind was reading the book 100 Years of Solitude, which is a cool exploration of character traits mixing and splitting as a family goes through generations. My grandmother recently died, and my daughter has her name as a middle name. When she smiles, it looks the same as when her great grandmother did. It's just cool. Life is beautiful.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
You motherfuckers are way too in to your kids

I'm saying that as a parent. Just take care of them, give them some hugs and teach them not to be assholes, and then one day they leave and you can tell them to solve their own goddamn problems, you're too busy trying to install your Boche ball court

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ElGroucho posted:

You motherfuckers are way too in to your kids

I'm saying that as a parent. Just take care of them, give them some hugs and teach them not to be assholes, and then one day they leave and you can tell them to solve their own goddamn problems, you're too busy trying to install your Boche ball court

Dad?

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

bitmap posted:

hmm so we can bump two out at once eh? can any of the nineteen beleaguered husbands in this thread who have had twins comment on whether it is better or worse to endure double kid hell for X long or one kid hell for 2X?

2 at the same time is great. They got out of the diaper phase at the same time so no more changing and now they are best friends.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
help, 1 twin keeps calling me a fag and the other twin keeps eating the dogs poop..

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I wonder what happened to that goon who decided to save his marriage by having a baby with his horrible wife who threatened to divorce him if they didn't have a kid, and then the kid turned out to be a downsbaby but he insisted everything was going to be okay because his downsbaby was a few months old and was 'super cute' even while the whole thread was warning him about the living hell his life was about to become.

Wonder what happened to that goon.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I'd assume his life became a living hell.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

like a cigarette should posted:

I wonder what happened to that goon who decided to save his marriage by having a baby with his horrible wife who threatened to divorce him if they didn't have a kid, and then the kid turned out to be a downsbaby but he insisted everything was going to be okay because his downsbaby was a few months old and was 'super cute' even while the whole thread was warning him about the living hell his life was about to become.

Wonder what happened to that goon.

he became gay. so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, lol at all the people projecting hard as gently caress itt. We get it, it's not because you are an unlovable self-righteous shithead that noone wants to mate with you; it's because of :biotruths: and :catdrugs:. Conversely, we get it, you aren't just like everybody else on the loving planet having a child; you're special for doing one of the most basic biological functions and feeling rewarded by your brain chemistry for doing so. God drat; have a kid, don't have a kid, who gives a poo poo. This thread was clearly supposed to be about making fun of white trash, and you idiots had to go and ruin it trying to impress strangers on the internet.

• Locked thread