Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if I want high level pieces of the Justice Ministry set is the best way to farm Otani for the smithing texts and then craft them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also, this doesn't really help with gold, but the guy who already reached level 750 posted his amrita farming guide on reddit. He makes 70mil amrita every 4 minutes or something nuts.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Snak posted:

Also, this doesn't really help with gold, but the guy who already reached level 750 posted his amrita farming guide on reddit. He makes 70mil amrita every 4 minutes or something nuts.

The hell with that just do this and go do something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAS7RfHdh78

hahaha holy poo poo this works so easy did it on my 1st try

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 21, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok thanks for the info guys. I just want to eat some drat elemental damage on my dual swords so the rakari isn't the best thing I have for the whole game.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Has anyone had the game get stuck in a loading screen when entering a mission? :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Ok thanks for the info guys. I just want to eat some drat elemental damage on my dual swords so the rakari isn't the best thing I have for the whole game.

Raikiri won't be the best forever. There are things better than elemental damage, though it's always nice to have on top of an already-good weapon.

(I mean, if you want Raikiri to be the best forever you can just keep smithing new ones, that's always an option, but you can also branch out! And I think there are a couple of dual swords with innate elemental damage at some point.)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Winkie01 posted:

The hell with that just do this and go do something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAS7RfHdh78

Okay, but he's not using any glitches. It's a legit build.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Has anyone had the game get stuck in a loading screen when entering a mission? :(

Nope. I've had almost no errors in this game. Once I got pushed through door during a fight. 3 times I've had some kind of error pop up while I was in menus at on the world map, but they never affected anything.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Harrow posted:

Raikiri won't be the best forever. There are things better than elemental damage, though it's always nice to have on top of an already-good weapon.

(I mean, if you want Raikiri to be the best forever you can just keep smithing new ones, that's always an option, but you can also branch out! And I think there are a couple of dual swords with innate elemental damage at some point.)

Raikiri is obsolete the moment Change to Attack (stat) starts showing up on gear. In fact it's the worst weapon to craft because the spirit scaling prevents better scaling from showing up.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, Raikiri has fairly low base damage, too. Once you can start getting that Change to Attack (Stat) trait on other weapons it's not so attractive anymore. And there's basically no reason to use it at all in NG+ when you can also reliably roll elemental damage on a weapon with Divine Shard reforging.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

my highest stat is spirit at 30 and I've beaten everything in ng+ and I'm real bad at video games so people grinding millions of amrita seems super nuts. Fun fact: you get more from revenants if you're under their level, but I think you only need to be like 10 or 20 under to get the maximum 4 drops.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I am dumping stats into Heart (35), Spirit (22) and magic (18). I haven't finished the game yet but I'm wondering if I should continue on this path. I like katanas but I'm feeling more and more like putting spirit to 23 and then going into magic. Everything else is just enough for me to wear the light armour that I like (so skill and body are like 12-13). I guess my question is should I just leave heart where it is and diversify because I seem to get the odd +4 katana from things like skill and good gains from strength.

I know you can't gently caress it up, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any input on a katana/magic/pokemon build that will blow my mind.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

You can take heart up to 40 but after that you'll probably want to switch to putting points into skill instead since you stop getting ki 1:1.

I'd stop at 30 magic unless you want more skill points. That's the max capacity you can get and the damage increase to talismans is less than raw damage from other stats.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I've devoted so much time to Bloodborne so I was super excited to try out this game. But I'm afraid it's not quite clicking for me. I'm about 6 hours in and I cannot get a handle on the combat system, it's all to overwhelming for me in the heat of the moment while fighting enemies.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, once you get Heart to 40 go into Skill from there. Skill is an awesome stat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've devoted so much time to Bloodborne so I was super excited to try out this game. But I'm afraid it's not quite clicking for me. I'm about 6 hours in and I cannot get a handle on the combat system, it's all to overwhelming for me in the heat of the moment while fighting enemies.

Try to force your brain to think more like you're playing a ninja gaiden game than bloodborne. Game wants you to act like a badass.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I enjoy the challenge, and all that, but man, the jump in challenge from previous missions to even the first 2 skeleton mooks in the Spider Castle level is almost jarringly huge.

Also, it feels really cheap that the skeletal, human-sized enemies cannot be parried or spun behind you with L1+Triangle or L1+Square respectively.

Lame.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My tips for the start are to get the Living Water skills in the weapon skill trees (they're shared, so if you get them for one weapon you get them for everything) so that you'll automatically Ki pulse when you dodge. Then, try not to overthink it. Don't worry too much about stances or anything, just try to dodge attacks and hit enemies in the back while avoiding getting hit in the back yourself. Save the fancy stuff for later. And remember to block sometimes, it's actually useful, especially to break an enemy's combo.

It's a system with some cool tricks but you can get through with simpler moves until you're comfortable.

And much like Bloodborne: your character is a badass and you should act like it. Aggression is your friend.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Feenix posted:

I enjoy the challenge, and all that, but man, the jump in challenge from previous missions to even the first 2 skeleton mooks in the Spider Castle level is almost jarringly huge.

Also, it feels really cheap that the skeletal, human-sized enemies cannot be parried or spun behind you with L1+Triangle or L1+Square respectively.

Lame.

My answer to every skeleton is kicking em

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Harrow posted:

My tips for the start are to get the Living Water skills in the weapon skill trees (they're shared, so if you get them for one weapon you get them for everything) so that you'll automatically Ki pulse when you dodge. Then, try not to overthink it. Don't worry too much about stances or anything, just try to dodge attacks and hit enemies in the back while avoiding getting hit in the back yourself. Save the fancy stuff for later. And remember to block sometimes, it's actually useful, especially to break an enemy's combo.

It's a system with some cool tricks but you can get through with simpler moves until you're comfortable.

And much like Bloodborne: your character is a badass and you should act like it. Aggression is your friend.

Yeh if you get combo'd don't mash roll, just hold block and you'll stop it at the price of some ki (you'll still have enough to roll away and get your poo poo together).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is there any way to tell what stages you've already found a Hot Springs in?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Harrow posted:

Can skills be respeced?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Winkie01 posted:

hahaha holy poo poo this works so easy did it on my 1st try

Same here. That was stupid simple.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spin to win(minor spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mcrbLpsvm4

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can skills be respeced?

Yeah the respec books will refund skill points too.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can skills be respeced?

book refunds all of your points

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Having to reallocate all your skills is the true deterrent to constantly respecing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

Having to reallocate all your skills is the true deterrent to constantly respecing

Yeah, it's a pain and it makes me hesitant to respec. I just did yesterday to reclaim some skill points I put into spears (because I haven't used them in a long while, katana + dual katana for life) and it took me like 15 minutes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does the respect book go up in price or is it always 10,000 Japan bucks?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They increase in price. Next ones are 50k? 100K then 300k. Even the ones from the hidden teahouse go up in price, but more slowly.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, it goes up in price. 10k, then 30k, then 100k, then... something, I don't know. You get a handful of free ones for some missions and you can buy them for Glory at the Hidden Teahouse, too.

Learnin Derby
Jan 26, 2005
Finally took out Umi-bozu. Worst boss I've come across yet. More than twice as many deaths to him than any other boss. Him firing his one hit kill beam just after the cutscene ends is bullshit. Barely had enough time to pick up my spirit.

Has there been any news as to what the new weapons will be? I'm hoping for tonfas and falcon's talons since it is a team ninja game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feenix posted:

Lame.

You can actually. Only on the small ones and with both of the single katana parry.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I beat all of NG without respeccing and I still haven't. I've had enough Sam points to get everything I use out of Dual Katanas, all of the Master skills, and a handful of Katana skills. Beating the weapon type dojo battles with a weapon I never put a point into (spears, axes) was kind of embarrassing for the challenger, but I don't feel that my stats ever made a battle harder in a way that reallocating my points would fix. That said, being able to play around with the expanded move sets from other weapons is the only incentive for me to respec.

On a related note, are any of the hairs farmable? Do they repopulate in stages in replays?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Marogareh posted:

You can actually. Only on the small ones and with both of the single katana parry.

I literally stood next to "my height" skeletons who swung at me and I died like 10 times repeatedly trying to parry. (This is coming off perfect-parrying Benkei on the bridge...) and nothing ever happened. So I tried my move that pushes my spear to their back and swings them behind me. Over and over and over. It just does nothing at all. No effect.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Feenix posted:

Lame.

Those guys can definitely be parried, I do it all the time, at least with the katana parry. It makes them fall to pieces immediately.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

that was not a difficult glitch to pull off, I don't know how they'd even patch it, either.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 22, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. I still haven't seen "change to attack: Magic, but I just found dual swords that say "Onmyo Magic Damage Bonus A" with the help text "increases damage in proportion to your skill with onmyo magic".

So, that's a thing.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Thumbtacks posted:

that was not a difficult glitch to pull off, I don't know how they'd even patch it, either.
That enemy will just be gone in the next patch...?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feenix posted:

I literally stood next to "my height" skeletons who swung at me and I died like 10 times repeatedly trying to parry. (This is coming off perfect-parrying Benkei on the bridge...) and nothing ever happened. So I tried my move that pushes my spear to their back and swings them behind me. Over and over and over. It just does nothing at all. No effect.

It is unfortunately with the 1 handed katana parry only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thumbtacks posted:

You can even do it with multiple heads at once! The guitar guy can summon more for you.