Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

quote:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 1m1 minute ago
More
#Miami DB Cedrick Wright is no longer a member of the football program. He played in 9 games as a true freshman last season.

Mark Richt has lost control of the Miami Football Program. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Goddamnit.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crotch Bat posted:

It really is by the grace of Alabama that everyone isn't mocking the SEC East as badly as they need to be... It is a disaster of a division.

The Champions of Life (An SEC East also-ran) defeated your Hokies on a neutral field. Georgia did the same to UNC. Kentucky beat Louisville @ Louisville. The SEC East isn't what it used to be, but it's not a disaster. Only Florida's offense is a disaster.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LLCoolJD posted:

The Champions of Life (An SEC East also-ran) defeated your Hokies on a neutral field. Georgia did the same to UNC. Kentucky beat Louisville @ Louisville. The SEC East isn't what it used to be, but it's not a disaster. Only Florida's offense is a disaster.

2 of the 3 are early season wins and let's please not act like having a brand new coach and QB didn't massively affect VT or anything. Curious as to why you chose to leave off UGA and UF's late season ACC losses, though.

It's a lovely division in a relative sense made so because as has been said, those teams have no business being that lovely. 8-9 wins gets you fired at those schools so I will deem those types of seasons to be lovely ones. Butch Jones is gone if he doesn't win 10+ and the East next year, Smart will be on a short leash with 8-9 wins and another GT loss (don't look now but that could easily happen), and UF fans already seem sick of Mac and he's been far more serviceable than the other two.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 21, 2017

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

LLCoolJD posted:

Frinkahedron posted:

Football is pointless when the next extinction level meteor is already on a crash course with earth. Eat at Arby's

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Crotch Bat posted:

2 of the 3 are early season wins and let's please not act like having a brand new coach and QB didn't massively affect VT or anything. Curious as to why you chose to leave off UGA and UF's late season ACC losses, though.

It's a lovely division in a relative sense made so because as has been said, those teams have no business being that lovely. 8-9 wins gets you fired at those schools so I will deem those types of seasons to be lovely ones. Butch Jones is gone if he doesn't win 10+ and the East next year, Smart will be on a short leash with 8-9 wins and another GT loss (don't look now but that could easily happen), and UF fans already seem sick of Mac and he's been far more serviceable than the other two.

VT is rear end, my dude.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol will muschamp

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

UF fans already seem sick of Mac and he's been far more serviceable than the other two.

It's not so much that we are sick of Mac as we are understandably sick of completely dysfunctional offense.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LeeMajors posted:

It's not so much that we are sick of Mac as we are understandably sick of completely dysfunctional offense.

I mean another year or two of this and you guys are going to want him out eventually. It's like I said, he's going to be a victim of Saban's longevity. I think you guys would be more OK with him if he could win the SEC now and again but it doesn't seem particularly feasible right now and how many SEC runner-ups is your fanbase going to be OK with because the answer is probably not a lot.

Your offensive woes continuing through more than one coach also won't help his bid to stay there long. I kinda see you guys parting ways eventually and people will yell at you because Mac never finished worse than 9-4 or something but then you guys have to point out how you struggled to score points his whole time and that playing second fiddle to Bama isn't the aspiration of Gator fans. Mac is a good coach, clearly above Butch Jones (jury is out on Smart but if GT starts a winning streak against him hoo boy), I'm just not sure he's what will take UF to where they were under Meyer.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 21, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LeeMajors posted:

This is your punishment for Tebow :colbert:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

iospace posted:

Tebow is your punishment for being a heathen.

It didn't work so god went the other way and gave us Trump as president.

You are at fault for everything bad in the universe because you didn't kneel with Tebow.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TBeats posted:

You are at fault for everything bad in the universe because you didn't kneel with Tebow.

Not my fault I'm going to hell because I'm a lefty

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TBeats posted:

Yeah but now there is a totally different hullabaloo about being a football player and kneeling so which is it, kneel or don't kneel?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Gospel of Poppa Sabes, 11:35 - "Tebow wept."

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

LeeMajors posted:

It's a completely dysfunctional something, but it sure ain't an offense.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clemson's associate AD has gone missing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dennis Dodd of CBS sports is saying Tommy loving Tuberville is considering a 2018 run for governor of Alabama.

Well then

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah I saw that, that's a really weird story...one of those times where it might be appropriate to hope someone is going on a bender instead of lying dead somewhere.

DJExile posted:

Dennis Dodd of CBS sports is saying Tommy loving Tuberville is considering a 2018 run for governor of Alabama.

Well I thought it was weird to hope someone was going on a bender for the other thing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

God is watching a replay of Harvin taking a shovel pass 80 yards for a score and wondering what the gently caress you're talking bout.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

Well then

We've got a reality TV star with the emotional intelligence of a five year old as president, why not?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm trying to come up with some kind of joke equating refugees/immigrants with transfers, someone help me out here

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Well then

Excited for 2020 when he abruptly resigns to become the governor of Georgia

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I saw that, that's a really weird story...one of those times where it might be appropriate to hope someone is going on a bender instead of lying dead somewhere.

Clemson Athletics has confirmed that he died :smith:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Nick Saban now seeking gubernatorial bid, Tommy Tuberville suddenly announces run for governor of Texas.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Nick Saban now seeking gubernatorial bid, Tommy Tuberville suddenly announces run for governor of Texas.

Bob Stoops as the next head of the EPA, lets make it happen

Global Warming has met its match: a spread offense loaded with highly-touted domestic abusers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Oh man :(

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just fyi I'd be ok losing games like 1293-50 because it would mean we scored 50 points on offense. Because if you let up 1293 points you didn't score any of your 50 on defense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Just fyi I'd be ok losing games like 1293-50 because it would mean we scored 50 points on offense. Because if you let up 1293 points you didn't score any of your 50 on defense.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/clemson_associate_ad_bert_hend.html#incart_river_index
"Found dead near his home" is all the detail I see so far. RIP.

The Tuberville poo poo, I dunno, I guess Robert Bentley's notorious horniness might be enough to weaken him for a primary but he's not even like an Alabama native and being an Auburn coach who enjoyed relative success over Alabama probably hurts more than helps. If there is going to be a primary challenge the more serious threat would be Roy Moore gathering the Biblethumpers, though he's tried and failed before. Business will fall in line behind Bentley so I don't know what Tuberville's constituency is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

vyst posted:

Give me 2007 Florida season over the 2012 season any day.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

swickles posted:

Give me 2007 Florida season over the 2012 season any day.

But that was one of my favorite Cocktail Parties!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

KKKLIP ART posted:

But that was one of my favorite Cocktail Parties!

Whatever you say about Urbz, 2008 was a master troll.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Before going into coaching, Tom Herman was fired from Subway for gorging on pastrami. Sounds about right.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Before going into coaching, Tom Herman was fired from Subway for gorging on pastrami. Sounds about right.

Who hasn't helped themselves to free food working at a place like that

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

look at these not ranked #1 clowns :smugdog:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

look at these not ranked #1 clowns :smugdog:

tbh I had assumed ISU dropped wrestling a long time ago

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

tbh I had assumed ISU dropped wrestling a long time ago

How often do you hear of a school's sports programs outside of football, basketball, and occasionally hockey?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

iospace posted:

How often do you hear of a school's sports programs outside of football, basketball, and occasionally hockey?

I know this may shock you, but different schools have different programs they care about. Like Syracuse lacrosse, or Iowa wrestling, or Hawaii volleyball.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

iospace posted:

Everything is usually a default #2 to football barring a few schools but Iowa and ISU probably like wrestling as much or more than basketball unless basketball is just amazing that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

Everything is usually a default #2 to football barring a few schools but Iowa and ISU probably like wrestling as much or more than basketball unless basketball is just amazing that year.

This is a thing people say but it's not even close to true. Iowa likes wrestling way more than anywhere else but it's still a pretty distant 3rd. Especially at Iowa State. It seems bigger than it really is because it's being compared to the interest in wrestling everywhere else (and because the people who do care tend to be extremely passionate)

That was not a serious post, I was trolling Thoguh.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 22, 2017

• Locked thread