Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

goatface posted:

When I took my driving test, I had to book about a month in advance. Can you really just walk up in the US?

Yeah, you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Do you really miss Pop Team Epic? Good news, because you can get them in Nendoroid form in June!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pyroclastic posted:

Do you really miss Pop Team Epic? Good news, because you can get them in Nendoroid form in June!

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that back when I was posting it! Not that a reminder isn't good.

There's new Honey Come Chatka too for anyone who wants to see what the gang has been up to.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Some Guy TT posted:

Mother From Another Country
If your mother's sister-in-law is unmarried, that would mean she's your father's sister.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

I hope during the test Funky crashes into Crankshaft's bus and they both die in a horrible ball of fire. And I hope the DMV guy, who is really just trying to do his job, emerges from the conflagration unharmed enough to fail Funky on his driving test. Yes, I know Funky would have to drive through a time warp to make this happen.

Luann

I hope Les tries to beat you up during dinner.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Julet Esqu posted:

I hope during the test Funky crashes into Crankshaft's bus and they both die in a horrible ball of fire. And I hope the DMV guy, who is really just trying to do his job, emerges from the conflagration unharmed enough to fail Funky on his driving test. Yes, I know Funky would have to drive through a time warp to make this happen.

Nah, they both take place during current times. They're just ten years apart.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Savidudeosoo posted:

Nah, they both take place during current times. They're just ten years apart.

Exactly, he'd have to drive through a time warp from the year 2017, ten years into the past, to 2017.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I believe Crankshaft is still alive now, just confined to a wheelchair. So theoretically Funky could crash into him now, it just wouldn't be while he was driving a bus like he does now.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SomeMathGuy posted:

I believe Crankshaft is still alive now, just confined to a wheelchair. So theoretically Funky could crash into him now, it just wouldn't be while he was driving a bus like he does now.
Wasn't that guy in the flash forwards in crankshaft eventually revealed to be somebody else?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate needs to stop this poo poo.

random Wallace the Brave

Curtis needs to finish this sentence because that sounds kinda interesting, I wanna see where that thread is going.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
He didn't even get to the Horror hook before the little oval office interrupted.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vargo posted:

random Wallace the Brave

I never knew I needed psychotic mollusks in my life.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is a big responsibility.

Working Daze is excited for the new Nerd Thing.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is pretty ****ed up.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Hobnob posted:

Ah! That makes sense. I was following the rule this thread taught me (If you don't understand an Arlo & Janis strip, it's probably about sex) and not getting anywhere at all.

The strip is about the decaying of taste versus the drive for managing things in an economical matter. Note how Janis goes from desiring exotic coffee with difficult prep stages and small doses into caring about being able to acquire a good bargain. About loving.

The BMV has forced a man derelict in both his civic duty and his legal sense to comply fully with the law in order to complete his interaction. A win for the BMV. Seriously though, do ANY of the characters understand what a full year expired license entails in terms of the hoops you've just forced yourself through. I'm to understand that the character in the first panel instating the dialogue recently renewed her own license, did she not look into it at all before heading over to her local office and winging it?

Unspun
Apr 6, 2007

You might feel your bones loose or discomforting.
It's normal!
Your legs are just developing and changing into being a Milky Point Millionaire.
I'm just going to leave this here, for the many Jim Davis fans: http://beingjimdavis.com

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Unspun posted:

I'm just going to leave this here, for the many Jim Davis fans: http://beingjimdavis.com

This is strangely compelling.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts: Year Six (December 19-25, 1955)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

So the goofy kid from boot camp knows the other two guys. Didn't notice that before, although half the time these characters are just models for generic jokes anyway.

Mother From Another Country

People tend to be nice to me, for what that's worth, and I go to some pretty weird places. But yeah, I have absolutely pulled that scam before, especially when I'm having a lovely day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

karmicknight posted:

The BMV has forced a man derelict in both his civic duty and his legal sense to comply fully with the law in order to complete his interaction. A win for the BMV. Seriously though, do ANY of the characters understand what a full year expired license entails in terms of the hoops you've just forced yourself through.
Oddly enough, when my licence was over a year expired (I just never thought to check it; it's not like I really remember I have it) I just had to take an eye test and that was it. I don't know if that's a state-specific thing or if Batuik once again doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Batiuk lives in Ohio. If your license is past 6 months expired, You have to do everything over apparently.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg

Dustin

Mandrake

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Well hey, props to the colorist for handling that one properly. Pity about the comic you're stuck on.

And speaking of a comic I pity the colorist of:

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

"They take something good and then make it even better! What loving idiots!"

I get the impression that Gilchrist has heard people complain about unrealistic beauty standards in magazines and just not understood what the actual problem is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Big Data meets Ballard Street.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 26, 1994)

Garfield Classic (Dec. 25-26, 1984)

You've probably noticed that Arlo and Janis Classic skips days; the archive doesn't have Sunday strips until June 2011 (!), so on some days, to keep the timing lined up, you're gonna get two Garfields. I certainly hope I'm still alive and posting comic strip reruns in 17 years.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

For those who don't listen to the War Rocket Ajax podcast, the hosts Chris Sims (of Comics Alliance and X-Men '92 fame) and Matt D. Wilson (of, uh, War Rocket Ajax fame) are going to the Garfield Gathering this year. They're looking forward to the "roomhopping" portion of the gathering.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

Batiuk lives in Ohio. If your license is past 6 months expired, You have to do everything over apparently.
Huh. I guess that goes some way to explaining why Rhode Island has some of the worst drivers in existence then.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

They finally hit my retail pet peeve. loving you over in your schedule and then belly aching when you ask for any accommodation. As if what they are doing is fine, but when you do it, you are a jerk.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 22, 2017

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs

Slammy posted:

Tweedy (December, 1955, click for big)

I really enjoy Mr. Tweedy, It feels like this is what Ziggy tries to capture, yet fails so hard at.

This really seals it , though. Poor schlub goes in to the fortune teller, gets told really basic facts about himself, and finally is asked to pay what would amount to almost $320 today.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Did the Ripley's artist trace those mice from some eastern European Diznee park? :pwn:

Asaekkiga would never cheap out on something important

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

1999 Spider-Man

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Old man Yells at Some Gizmo

Dilbert

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Old man Yells at Some Gizmo

Imagine kids learning how to type in school...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I once let my license expire for like a year. I was surprised when I went to the DMV and found out I had to do a bunch of stuff to get it renewed but at the same time I accepted that this was my fault and I just have to do what they need done. They gave me a list of exactly what I needed and needed to do and like a week or so later (I had to order my birth certificate) I had my license. In the meantime, I drove around and all even thought it was technically illegal because who cares?

I mean there's no point in getting pissy with the people behind the counter. You have to have x, y, and z to do what you need to, and that's all there is to it. He's lucky he's able to take care of it all in one day.

Anyways, 2 days of comics.

F Minus

Mary Worth

:siren:YOUNG MARY WORTH:siren:

I can't think of another instance of Mary reminiscing so openly about her first husband, even calling him by name and showing a picture. I imagine it must have happened in the past, but it must be rare. Kind of like Barney Google appearances.

Rex Morgan MD

I think we all saw this coming.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Haifisch posted:

1999 Spider-Man

"*sigh* Jonah, the third millennium is next year."

• Locked thread