Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Missouri will beat Kentucky tonight, you heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Heh.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why is Iowa/Indiana on national television? No one wants to watch that. I barely want to watch that. Does ESPN know Alford is gone now? You can't spent 20 minutes on 1987 highlight anymore.

E: gently caress this poo poo

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 22, 2017

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

MourningView posted:

why is Iowa/Indiana on national television? No one wants to watch that. I barely want to watch that. Does ESPN know Alford is gone now? You can't spent 20 minutes on 1987 highlight anymore.

In the NU Illinois game, we went to the first TV timeout in the second half--the teams combined had scored only two points by that point.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

MourningView posted:

i mean, the indiana-iowa games last year were pretty dope. this one isn't going too bad either!

of course knowing this indiana team we could still lose :smith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is out of the tournament

maybe next year

they will have a pretty sweet NIT home game, though, I'm looking forward to that.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern is out of the tournament

maybe next year

they will have a pretty sweet NIT home game, though, I'm looking forward to that.

they will beat Purdue the last game of the year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Great Autismo! posted:

they will beat Purdue the last game of the year

it doesn't matter, they're out

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

R.D. Mangles posted:

it doesn't matter, they're out

They will be an 8 seed, win a game, and give the 1 seed a game before bowing out in the last ten minutes.

Come Back and quote this in mid march

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

They will be an 8 seed, win a game, and give the 1 seed a game before bowing out in the last ten minutes.

Come Back and quote this in mid march

they might get an NIT home game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

college basketball has too many loving games

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yo go iowa, gently caress IU, lol irl

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I hate Dakich. Also lmao the guy calling the game with him has a lazy eye or some poo poo.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
dan dakich is one of the best possible play by play guys you could ask for, his insight is really, really good compared to other people that you might get

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i feel bad for peter jok. he deserves better than whatever nonsense iowa city is giving him his senior year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I don't see how that's an And-1. If anything that's an over the back.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
iowa is absolutely awful how the gently caress did purdue lose to them? i was at the airport and missed the game and have zero desire to watch it

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

iowa is absolutely awful how the gently caress did purdue lose to them? i was at the airport and missed the game and have zero desire to watch it

Peter Jok was healthy and went off. He did what Mason for Minnesota did, and what Carr did tonight.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa was never good but they were okay before Jok's back went out on him. Also Purdue isn't that great and the Big Ten is trash

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dan dakich is one of the best possible play by play guys you could ask for, his insight is really, really good compared to other people that you might get

Lmao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lol these refs are so lovely. Fouls left and right.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pubic works project posted:

Lol these refs are so lovely. Fouls left and right.

Except when Cook got loving tackled at the end of regulation

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lol IU is going to lose and still get into the tournament over Northwestern.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fouling out IU's entire team in OT was fun.

Also worth repeating that Iowa graduated almost everyone who got meaningful minutes last year except Jok and Baer. The only upperclassmen are Jok and Uhl (and Ulh is trash). Most of non-Jok production is freshmen (and it's not like we're recruiting like Kentucky) or a sophomore former walk on in Baer. It's kind of a miracle they're even as competitive as they are.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I could listen to those announcers just continuously poo poo all over Tom Crean for hours and hours

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

I could listen to those announcers just continuously poo poo all over Tom Crean for hours and hours

ya lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Probably Magic posted:

Missouri will beat Kentucky tonight, you heard it here first.

Dammit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/bigtengeeks/status/834253593326809089

Lmao that staredown of Bryant after the dunk, Tyler Cook is the best

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

They tried really hard. I swear I watch this team and at times they feel noticeably worse than the first game of the year.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

this is one of the worst posts i've ever read in the ncaa b threads and that includes mcmagic

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
:tipshat:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hey y'all I can't wait until Butler gets stomped by Villanova tonight....

FML

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oregon gonna lose a trap game at Cal tonight

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
haha gently caress Duke

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

haha gently caress Duke

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

haha gently caress Duke

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I generally don't care one way or another when a team loses but there are a few teams that could go winless and I would consider it a victory.

FSU football.

Duke basketball.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

haha gently caress Duke

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

haha gently caress Duke

forever and always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Duke (also gently caress cuse)

• Locked thread