Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

oh no all the sexbots malfunctioned at once and killed their masters oh noooooo what are we going to do oh noooooo hey look honey 20% off at kohls

My ex's mom used to buy me shirts at Kohl's and I learned to reinforce the buttons when I got them, otherwise they'd fall off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
/mu/ was definitely cool there for a while and led me to some dece poo poo, but then they got into fellating jeff mangnum and i peaced

/fit/ was always pretty dope, but yeah, my 4chan thing was thankfully pretty short-lived

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wonder what the relationship between Anonymous and internet nazis is, seems like a leap to go from protesting scientology to that.

Basically as they failed in real life they retreated into videogames and they saw more gender inclusive video games as an assault on the one place they were still superior and that's how you got such a visceral backlash via gamergate

Once they radicalized against SJWs taking Nazism (which they've ironically posted about for years) seriously isn't that far of a jump

Edit: iirc literal white supremacist groups saw this resentful, seething group of white gene pool rejects and started posting on /pol/ to help facilitate the transition as well

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 22, 2017

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I hope you are well and that your local golden arches may provide you with supreme nourishment today

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Perfectly Safe posted:

I want one to push around with me all the time now.

theres a profession where that very thing is possible, what do you think of an exciting career in digging thru peoples trash for cans

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

triple sulk posted:

I hope you are well and that your local golden arches may provide you with supreme nourishment today

Lol if you aren't part of the savory oatmeal crew

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
General McMaster seems like a pretty outstanding guy and the opposite of what Flynn embodied

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I'm working from home but I might drive my Subaru Outback to McDonald's for a Grand Mac.

McDonalds: I'm lovin' it!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gradenko_2000 posted:

These are actually really useful so that you have the convenience of pushing a cart around, as in you're not hand-carrying a basket the entire time, and at the same time you can still queue in the basket-express lanes.

[/fit/ishly]
>not using a basket while grocery shopping

lol this manlet can't carry a basket around in the grocery store, probably a cardiobro

i do it all the time, preferably with baskets in each arms with evenly distributed weight so i get vascular as fuaaark as the 40 year old milfs mires my 'ceps as i squeeze some fruit in the produce section brah

i also got this new hand grip strengthener that lets me squeeze those cantaloupes easier, I'm only at 5 lbs so far tho

(I only ever went there for the diet advice)

quadrophrenic posted:

/mu/ was definitely cool there for a while and led me to some dece poo poo, but then they got into fellating jeff mangnum and i peaced

/fit/ was always pretty dope, but yeah, my 4chan thing was thankfully pretty short-lived

lol ya the Neutral Milk Hotel stuff got old so fast, but /mu/ did make me realize there were more tastes to explore. I went there around '08/'09 exclusively when it started to get bad to listen to poo poo like Cymande and Fela Kuti, lots of post-rock and trip-hop too :hai:

And then a weird stint with freak folk tho, Animal Collective. Kinda makes me cringe~

I learned about Marnie Stern from there too~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
so i was trying to decide if i wanted to buy girl scout cookies from a coworker's daughter and i decided i did not want to support such an anti-patriarchal, fascist organization but someone else did and left some cookies on a plate in the break room and holy poo poo those kids do not know how to bake cookies the peanut butter ones tasted like floor cleaner

Apr 7, 2003

My employer started a subsidiary based in Chennai for software development. They're going to eventually transfer all software development there.

This is super funny because my coworkers all love Trump and voted for him because they hate Indians and also think Trump is going to limit H1Bs and outsourcing, but he's actually going to accelerate it. big lols all around!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gradenko_2000 posted:

These are actually really useful so that you have the convenience of pushing a cart around, as in you're not hand-carrying a basket the entire time, and at the same time you can still queue in the basket-express lanes.

Also, you don't have to wheel around a huge cart for just a few things, and you don't have to bend over to get stuff out of the bottom of it. :corsair:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
all my posts are non-gmo certified

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Lastgirl posted:

[/fit/ishly] lol this manlet can't carry a basket around in the grocery store, probably a cardiobro

i do it all the time, preferably with baskets in each arms with evenly distributed weight so i get vascular as fuaaark as the 40 year old milfs mires my 'ceps as i squeeze some fruit in the produce section brah

i also got this new hand grip strengthener that lets me squeeze those cantaloupes easier, I'm only at 5 lbs so far tho

lol ya the Neutral Milk Hotel stuff got old so fast, but /mu/ did make me realize there were more tastes to explore. I went there around '08/'09 exclusively when it started to get bad to listen to poo poo like Cymande and Fela Kuti, lots of post-rock and trip-hop too :hai:

And then a weird stint with freak folk tho, Animal Collective. Kinda makes me cringe~

haha the internet convinced me to listen to loving Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan there back in the mid-to-late 00s

i think that was livejournal tho

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lastgirl posted:

[/fit/ishly]
>not using a basket while grocery shopping

lol this manlet can't carry a basket around in the grocery store, probably a cardiobro

Animal Collective sucks

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

gradenko_2000 posted:

as i only purchase ramen and pocky by the pallet from sam's club, i have no idea what you're talking about

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wonder what the relationship between Anonymous and internet nazis is, seems like a leap to go from protesting scientology to that.
You'd think, but gamergate

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

My employer started a subsidiary based in Chennai for software development. They're going to eventually transfer all software development there.

This is super funny because my coworkers all love Trump and voted for him because they hate Indians and also think Trump is going to limit H1Bs and outsourcing, but he's actually going to accelerate it. big lols all around!
America's greatest export continues to be jobs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

as i only purchase ramen and pocky by the pallet from sam's club, i have no idea what you're talking about

a shopping cart is like a forklift but smaller and with a basket instead of forks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so really not much like a forklift

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm working from home but I might drive my Subaru Outback to McDonald's for a Grand Mac.

McDonalds: I'm lovin' it!

Please live blog the visit if you do!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Al! posted:

They both have wheels and are made primarily out of metal. Same thing. :colbert:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

woulf you call it the pittsvoifh of India

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

you know what sucks is when you're aggravated with your current job but moving almost anywhere else would be an objective step backwards

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I like the little cuck carts, does that make me a little cuck man?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prefect posted:

They both have wheels and are made primarily out of metal. Same thing. :colbert:

my forklift hasno wheels and isnt meralllic

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
smdh if you don't use a forklift for your weekend shopping

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

fork u

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I use the cart that has the race car attached to the back that is too big to fit down any isle or the checkout even when I don't have kids with me. I am a child. I should be president.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

I learned about Marnie Stern from there too~

my music history is bizarre because i grew up among a bunch of people who either listened to utter poo poo or did not listen to music, so i had to hunt for anything that wasn't black metal or euro club pop

so it's far more a scavenged and hand built monstrosity rather than anything that respects history or genre or influence

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Elephanthead posted:

I use the cart that has the race car attached to the back that is too big to fit down any isle or the checkout even when I don't have kids with me. I am a child. I should be president.
hands are too big imo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

a shopping cart is like a forklift but smaller and with a basket instead of forks

Al! posted:

a sporklift

of DOOM

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

rear end cobra posted:

it does

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

i just get a TaskRabbit to push me around in it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a goodpictuee of a forklift

Serf
May 5, 2011

man i used to read/post on 4chan back in like 07 or some poo poo when it was just about making dumb memes and poorly-drawn mspaint comics. even back then there was some racist poo poo to be found floating around the site and that always annoyed me. i dunno why i stopped posting, i guess i got too busy with college or drugs or something. that article was pretty illustrative of wtf happened to get us from advice dog threads to literal nazism. in short: the internet was a mistake

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Animal Collective sucks

Fireworks is actually a good song, and their only good one for me imo. People like different stuff from them but idgaf.

I just cringe because freak folk isn't my thing and I was trying to like it as if it was because I had a phase.

quadrophrenic posted:

haha the internet convinced me to listen to loving Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan there back in the mid-to-late 00s

i think that was livejournal tho

See there is good things to be had from the internet, listening to a Pakistani musician that wouldn't have a record label in America.So it just blows my mind how anyone can be so insular in a global age and not learn about the positive aspects and only focus on the negative and fears. Oh wait it's because they're hateful insecure people with low self esteem and want to inflict their suffering on others because they don't think other people suffer, nevermind~

It's just like, why is the right harnessing this? Harness is probably the wrong word, I mean people like Paul Ryan don't realize how hijacked his party is and the establishment seem to be on borrowed time.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

those cards are fine and trader joe's has the same one but with two levels so you don't block the entire aisle with your poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm in a bad loving mood today so donny pumping out some lovely eo would really make me go off the deep end

• Locked thread