Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I removed the link from my post for good reasons (Imgur albums can be updated with new stuff) and I suggest those who quoted me to do the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Brothers I have decided I don't actually want to be spoiled for this game so let those pictures of things which I believe are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things be the last things I ruin for myself before this game comes out

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Link killed Dumbledore

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I looked up the spoilers. poo poo's dope.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
gently caress man what was the last Zelda game that had an actual interesting and non-predictable plot? Link's Awakening? Wind Waker? Everything else is lame, predictable, or immediately spoiled by Nintendo itself (gently caress they had Midna's human form in the goddamn game manual)
Oh poo poo Wind Waker had Ganondorf in some of the included ads too.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

littleorv posted:

Link killed Dumbledore

Is this the hacker 4chan that I've heard about

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How many of you had your minds blown when gasp Koholint Island was revealed as a dream that will vanish once you woke the Wind Fish

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Now would be a good time for people who wants to have a pure spoiler free experience TO GET THE gently caress OFF THE INTERNET because poo poo's gonna be hitting hard and fast pretty soon
Nine goddamn days

Shut it down. SHUT IT ALL DOWN

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I finally beat Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks and while Phantom Hourglass was pretty meh except for a few cool puzzles and Linebeck, I was really surprised how much I liked Spirit Tracks. Charming world and Ghost Zelda may be the best helper character in the whole series.

I still won't replay them though unless they get remade with traditional controls.:v:

EDIT: poo poo, BOTW spoilers are leaking? Goodbye thread.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 22, 2017

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Y'all are handling these spoilers very well. Keep up the good work.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mahoning posted:

Can't people just admit they want to collect toys and not try to hide it behind the fact that these amiibos do something useful?

It's the only reason I have any.

Also, I'm really disappointed in the Art & Artifacts book not including any of Katsuya Terada's art for Link to the Past, not a single piece. That's some high level fuckin' bullshit. I guess they couldn't get any of it cleared. :smith:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

How many of you had your minds blown when gasp Koholint Island was revealed as a dream that will vanish once you woke the Wind Fish

As the first Zelda game I ever beat, I was equating Little Nemo logic to it.

"Well duh, I'll be AWAKE. You can't be awake in dream land :rolleyes: It will still be here for sleeping :pseudo:"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone got a picture of the hyrule historia next to arts and artifacts?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

El Burbo posted:

You want the covers next to each other or see the difference in thickness? They're the same height and width.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

who is the final boss and how does the game end?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Augus posted:

who is the final boss and how does the game end?

It never ends

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

El Burbo posted:

Here it is next to all my prized possessions.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

You want the covers next to each other or see the difference in thickness? They're the same height and width.

Yeah I wanted to see the dimensions

Cojawfee posted:

Here it is next to all my prized possessions.

Woah it's thick

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

El Burbo posted:

Woah it's thick

Yeah, 400+ pages with the last 15-20 being interviews with illustrators that worked on a couple of the games. It's a drat good book.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
This has likely been asked already, but gently caress it: What are the differences between the Wii U version and the Switch version? I have heard contradicting things about performance. Will the Wii U version have the DLC?

I don't have a preorder for the switch so the ship has likely sailed on that for a month or two.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There haven't been any real reviews comparing the two side by side. Review embargo isn't over until the day before launch.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Has anyone even gotten an early copy of the Wii U version or what?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One guy posting to 4chan with the tripcode !bjciTSunuo has it and is posting all the costume icons. Right now it's just fanservice things and nothing spoiling the story yet.

E: Also people are downloading encrypted European data that is on the Nintendo servers so that data is useless and will only show a menu icon.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 22, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Goddamn, the game informer preview/piece of this is hyping me up badly. The horses, the difficulty, the nonlinearity, the open world you can freely and easily explore apparently everywhere, the shield snowboard :krad:, the shrines, how everything seems to affect everything else in ways I've never seen before in a game, how it seems like you can do almost anything you want, loving [I]crafting [\i] :aaaaa:, reusing enemy weapons.

Now, I am slightly disappointed that they seems to be continuing the 3ds Zelda games trend of smaller dungeons, but hopefully they aren't too small and there are more of them to explore. Also, it would be awesome if it kept the metroidva-iny element the previous Zelda games had, and also had legit sequence breaking available via a non obvious method. Also, I'm still not sure if you get items such as the bow, bombs, glider, magnet glove, etc over the course of the game (like it has been, and would allow for the aforementioned element) or if it's all given to you at the beginning (kinda like link between worlds).

At any rate, even if it has those slightly disappointing elements, the rest of it will almost certainly make up for it. Thankfully, I don't hate the Ubisoft style open world, which is something that I'm sure was an influence/inspiration. I'm glad I was able to trade in my old Wii u and games for a switch; I am definitely going to enjoy being able to take it with me wherever I go (with the power cord of course!).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Someone post a spoiler thread.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

littleorv posted:

I'm not leaving the Internet. I live here.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

El Burbo posted:

Woah it's thick

we said no spoilers please don't quote zelda's dialogue from botw

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Link swings a sword in this one.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Unlucky7 posted:

This has likely been asked already, but gently caress it: What are the differences between the Wii U version and the Switch version? I have heard contradicting things about performance. Will the Wii U version have the DLC?

I don't have a preorder for the switch so the ship has likely sailed on that for a month or two.

The Wii U version renders at a lower resolution, has lower quality sound effects, and requires an install on the Wii U's internal memory/external drive to play. Other than that, the content is largely the same.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Could someone PM me the spoilers? No fan art pls

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Could someone PM me the spoilers? No fan art pls

Lonk defeats Ganon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can't someone just post a link :haw: to the spoilers here with sufficient spoiler tags?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Spoilers

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The arts and artifacts book has a botw bit and I'd be lying if I didn't say my heart started beating a little faster at the prospect that it might include spoilers (it doesn't it's two paintings of Link, the bow aiming one and the one taken from behind, and a nice foldout of Link climbing that mountain with the great plateau in the background)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calaveron posted:

The arts and artifacts book has a botw bit and I'd be lying if I didn't say my heart started beating a little faster at the prospect that it might include spoilers (it doesn't it's two paintings of Link, the bow aiming one and the one taken from behind, and a nice foldout of Link climbing that mountain with the great plateau in the background)

holy poo poo Link has a bow?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not only does :siren: this link have spoilers:siren: It also has its own spoiler protection link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5vfg79/breath_of_the_wild_armorweapons_leak_spoilers/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dehry posted:

Not only does :siren: this link have spoilers:siren: It also has its own spoiler protection link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5vfg79/breath_of_the_wild_armorweapons_leak_spoilers/
:stare:

This isn't just amiibo/preorder/bonus/whatever gear right?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:stare:

This isn't just amiibo/preorder/bonus/whatever gear right?

There's no context yet.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

My only disappointment with arts and artifacts, it needs more link's awakening pixel art. And the gbc games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dehry posted:

This is a result of people data-mining the game, right? So its possible its all DLC/special unlocks that Nintendo is going to role out as DLC packs?