Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is newsradio available to stream anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I hope Neil DeGrasse Tyson talks about this today lol
http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...tm_campaign=RSS

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

willie_dee posted:

And he just lost his book deal as well as said CPAC invite.

And he just resigned from Breitbart.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
Joe has gone to bat for Milo so many times apropos of nothing with guests who aren't even trying to make the conversation political, that even though I am a fan I would like to seem him eat a big bowl of poo poo for giving the guy a platform and making him seem like a harmless cheeky queen.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

I wish Dave Foley would come back and to the podcast again seeing as how he's been in TV and stuff lately. He was on like 5 years ago and it was some really compelling but sad poo poo (because of Canada's outrageous custody(?) laws he basically can't go back there or he'll be arrested or some poo poo and it was all just really sad. Don't marry crazy, people).

The Kids in the Hall have done cross-Canada tours since then so the issue must have been resolved.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

Joe has gone to bat for Milo so many times apropos of nothing with guests who aren't even trying to make the conversation political, that even though I am a fan I would like to seem him eat a big bowl of poo poo for giving the guy a platform and making him seem like a harmless cheeky queen.

Gotta remember Joe is old and he really wants to be able to say human being outloud. In the past he said he would stop saying it but he would bring it up like he moved a mountain by not doing it anymore. Between that and the rape culture argument, he really showed he isn't open minded at all. I don't know why he would be a fan of Milo outside of him thinking the british accent makes him sound smart.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CortezFantastic posted:

I don't know why he would be a fan of Milo outside of him thinking the british accent makes him sound smart.

Because Joe is afraid that he eventually won't be able to play colleges with his material and Milo used "defending free speech" to politicize his need for attention and Joe bought it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Surely there is an amazing D&D thread you can discuss this in.

Anyways the Ryan Callaghan and Kenton Carruth episode was good imo. I'm not big on the hunting episodes but this one talked a lot about public land, conservation, and the politics around it, they were likable guys too. Maybe check that out if you if you're hesitant on hunting guest like I usually am. Joe and the guest got way too high on the Frank Castillo ep and it basically derailed 1 hr in.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Well the Rogan show was one of the ones where he was all "pedos are cool" so his excuses aren't gonna really be that great

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Seltzer posted:

Surely there is an amazing D&D thread you can discuss this in.

It's relevant to his podcast but I actually agree that I'd prefer to hear about Joe's latest Bigfoot theory or a story about Joey Diaz taking a poo poo in the ladies room (*) any day. This is not sarcasm.

(*) he's paid the price

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Neil deGrasse Tyson is the best guest for Joe. Dead centre buzzing out on the universe.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

always be closing posted:

Is newsradio available to stream anywhere?

Last time I checked it was on Crackle, but you know how these things go.

Actually now that I think about it, it's probably on Seeso.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 22, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Amazon has the complete series on DVD for $20 if that's your jam. The commentary is great.

I wish there was a blu-ray release but alas my favorite childhood jams NewsRadio and A Goofy Movie will never get the HD treatment they deserve :negative:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Lampsacus posted:

Neil deGrasse Tyson is the best guest for Joe. Dead centre buzzing out on the universe.

Was today good? All space talk? I'm in a Sopranos binge and debating on waiting til tomorrow or cranking it up tonight and getting weird with some Neil DeGrasse Tyson

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Was today good? All space talk? I'm in a Sopranos binge and debating on waiting til tomorrow or cranking it up tonight and getting weird with some Neil DeGrasse Tyson

I am 5 minutes in, and it seems to be pretty drat good so far, Neil is on point.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I think he was just talking about what happens to your body when you're naked in space and now he's talking about startrek. Follow me on twitter while I live tweet it, dudes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

But guys, it's hip and stylish to hate on Tyson now didn't you get the memo?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

beep by grandpa posted:

But guys, it's hip and stylish to hate on Tyson now didn't you get the memo?

Why?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'd rate it as very good. Neil is obviously talking to a 'demographic of people interested in science but could maybe do with some basics' at times. But overall, it was pretty neat. I liked when they discussed plans for what will go on the next studio roof. I think Neil has a pretty good handle on how Joe thinks and the conversation flows really well. They respect each other a lot.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Awesome. I honestly haven't made it much farther than the moon talk in the other NDT episode (I'm working on it but definitely got slowed down by moon landing talk) but I've been working through it. May just skip to the new one and finish the other when I get around to it

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I think Joe's just happy he doesn't have to talk about Milo.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Lampsacus posted:

I think Joe's just happy he doesn't have to talk about Milo.

I honestly can't wait to hear his take on this whole situation.

Neil Degrasse Tyson episode was cool. Watched it live. I would like more science/smart people on the show than hunter/shitbag conservative guys.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Dirt posted:

I honestly can't wait to hear his take on this whole situation.

Neil Degrasse Tyson episode was cool. Watched it live. I would like more science/smart people on the show than hunter/shitbag conservative guys.
In a sideways way, I'm glad half (most?) the audience are in it for the MMA/hunting/conservative stuff. It means they hear Neil. Joe's show must have the weirdest range of demographics actually now that I think about it.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Lampsacus posted:

In a sideways way, I'm glad half (most?) the audience are in it for the MMA/hunting/conservative stuff. It means they hear Neil. Joe's show must have the weirdest range of demographics actually now that I think about it.

He really does have a crazy audience. Hunters, comedy fans, MMA fans, people into taking fake supplements and working out, alt-right weirdo's seem to like him, general weird poo poo fans, weirdos on the something awful forums, etc.

A random dude I worked with years ago at a pizza place turned me onto the podcast, because I liked Doug Stanhope and he was on an early episode.

It's been a wild ride all these years. I'm interested to see what it's like ~5 years from now.

I'm just thankful Joe turned me onto Tom Segura. YourMomsHouse is pretty much my favorite thing on the internet.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dirt posted:

I'm just thankful Joe turned me onto Tom Segura. YourMomsHouse is pretty much my favorite thing on the internet.

Hey Hitler, at least we can all agree on this, regardless of our beliefs wrt punching nazis or employing pedos

Dirt
May 26, 2003

crazy cloud posted:

Hey Hitler, at least we can all agree on this, regardless of our beliefs wrt punching nazis or employing pedos

I did a Hi mommy/thanks Jeans at Taco Bell the other night.

They have changed my life.

edit: Joe turned me onto MMA though. So I am grateful for that. The UFC has passed the NFL as my favorite sports thing.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 22, 2017

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dirt posted:

I did a Hi mommy/thanks Jeans at Taco Bell the other night.

They have changed my life.

lmao

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I think it's because some student association booked him as a speaker and he delivered a boilerplate speech, mocked people who were studying areas he considers useless, and cashed his check after bailing out asap once he had fulfilled his obligations so they whined about it on Reddit because they didn't realize that this is what 99.9% of academic speakers are like.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Gavin McInnes is on the podcast currently. I think I dislike him more than Milo.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

maybe you should stop being such a pussy

edit: keep it high and tight you momo

An Apple A Gay fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 22, 2017

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
In before Crazy Cloud does his thing.

e- holy poo poo, Muslim inbreeding is to blame, co signed by your boy Mohammed. This guy is too much.

always be closing fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 23, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

We should place bets on what his take on it will be. By having him on, Rogan is a secret SS officer roleplayer deserving of punching?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What the gently caress

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

beep by grandpa posted:

We should place bets on what his take on it will be. By having him on, Rogan is a secret SS officer roleplayer deserving of punching?

he's definitely running out of excuses

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1WvDThaH3/

what a loving dweeb

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I thought it was a good show, and he actually criticized Milo about his comments. I figured he would of circled the wagons and stuck up for him 100%. Alex Jones has been painting Milo as a victim and hasn't condemned anything he said. Gavin said Milo should have just said he was molested and as hosed up as it was, he enjoyed the experience. It was wrong and irresponsible for him to say it could be a good thing for other young gay people.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just listened to the episode with Neil Degrasse Tyson. He might be my favorite guest on the show.

Sgt. McKill
Sep 30, 2005
kill kill kill

hot sauce posted:

Just listened to the episode with Neil Degrasse Tyson. He might be my favorite guest on the show.

Yup, for me he definitely makes the top three (with Duncan and Sam Harris).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Philip DeFranco tomorrow should be good. I recently started watching his YouTube channel and I like it. Very objective and centrist about stuff, even tho I haaate how he opens every video.