Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

BlueBayou posted:

Man. Remember when this show was bad?

How far we've come

It was never bad, it was just painfully mediocre at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show has been fantastic for so much longer than it was ever not great that I dunno why it's still a talking point

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I thought the Ghost Rider half of the season was kind of on the bad side. It was saved by Ghost Rider being cool but the uncle and the science ghosts were all pretty dumb.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Regy Rusty posted:

This show has been fantastic for so much longer than it was ever not great that I dunno why it's still a talking point

well the movies don't even acknowled-:goonsay:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BlueBayou posted:

No.

:colbert:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So, thoughts on the fixed regrets:

Fitz - didn't join SHILED, worked with/followed in his father's footsteps. Simmons died jumping out of an airplane in FTZZ, as Fitz wasn't there to find out that she had actually made the cure.

Coulson was the civilian May saved. Is he married to the chellist? May?

May did good in Bahrain.

Mack's kid didn't die.

Mace is what? Coulson's replacement in all of this? Nobody?

Simmons will either be punching her way out of her grave, or replacing whoever's in the car?

Alternate joke - car lady is Fitz's mom.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, totally calling this: Simmons pulls a Kill Bill and punches her way out of that grave because :black101:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Ok, totally calling this: Simmons pulls a Kill Bill and punches her way out of that grave because :black101:

It won't happen because it's dumb but it'd be hilarious if she was a reanimated corpse for the next 4 episodes.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I gotta remember every time this show seems to be dragging a bit with a couple of mediocre-but-not-bad episodes, they usually blow it out of the water with an amazing one.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wonder who else might show up alive and different in this sim. Hell maybe Simmons finds out she is part of some Shield underground resistance and we see guys like Tripp and Hunter again. Radcliffe is probably going to show up as the Architect near the end.

Daisy probably has to get her powers again so maybe we see Cal show up again!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder who else might show up alive and different in this sim. Hell maybe Simmons finds out she is part of some Shield underground resistance and we see guys like Tripp and Hunter again. Radcliffe is probably going to show up as the Architect near the end.

McLaughlin is kind of busy with a Twin Peaks revival.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

John Garret

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I bet the writers were just waiting for an excuse to bring Ward back. I almost hope that this version is a good guy, we know that Brett Dalton can play a great villain, but I would like to see him take a shot at making up for the weak writing in season one.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

Season 1 episodes 1 through 16.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Oasx posted:

I bet the writers were just waiting for an excuse to bring Ward back. I almost hope that this version is a good guy, we know that Brett Dalton can play a great villain, but I would like to see him take a shot at making up for the weak writing in season one.

Seeing as how this is the world where Hydra won, I doubt we'll see that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Oasx posted:

He's good as the male hero in Until Dawn

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah he'll probably be a genuinely nice guy and he'll be incredibly hurt and confused when Daisy is suddenly all "EW GET AWAY FROM ME :barf:"

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah he'll probably be a genuinely nice guy and he'll be incredibly hurt and confused when Daisy is suddenly all "EW GET AWAY FROM ME :barf:"

Well yeah, it is Daisy's fantasy, he wouldn't be an evil nazi spy there.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I think Daisy and Simmons are just hijacking their NPCs more than having their own fantasies.

Ward still being around probably plays into however Hydra won. Maybe via not having Coulson around in late season 1?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder who else might show up alive and different in this sim.

Lucy Lawless. She and John Hannah can have a Spartacus reunion!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phylodox posted:

Lucy Lawless. She and John Hannah can have a Spartacus reunion!

I hope they go all out and just have EVERYONE who's ever appeared on the show come back for at least a cameo or something.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The evil robot might have just assumed everyones big mistake was not letting hydra into their heart.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

achillesforever6 posted:

In this timeline, Coulson wasn't around. So May became buddies with Garret instead. I'd love to see Bill Paxton again.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

X-O posted:

I have been assured by BSS that this is good casting. Hope so as Maximus is a integral part of the Inhuman lore. I'm hoping they picked a good guy for the role.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/marvels-inhumans-game-of-thrones-iwan-rheon-star-maximus-abc-series-1201925196/

I realize I'm like 16 hours and 8 pages late on this, but holy poo poo that is some great casting. I loved the poo poo out of the Hickman Avengers/Illuminati run, but I could not make myself give a drat about Black Bolt and his weird little cast of characters, and Maximus was the worst of the lot since he was so cryptic and weird. Iwan Rheon is probably the only guy they could have put in that role that makes me actually want to see it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

I think Daisy and Simmons are just hijacking their NPCs more than having their own fantasies.

Ward still being around probably plays into however Hydra won. Maybe via not having Coulson around in late season 1?

They might have one ready for Daisy since they were expecting her to be in soon.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Actually weren't they expecting Simmons to join the framework eventually as well? They kept talking about scanning her brain, I have to assume she was getting replaced too. How was that supposed to work if she was dead?

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
You all are assuming May's Bahrain fantasy still happened in the current version of the Framework. Aida said she had to start it over again in this episode when she wakes up Radcliffe.

After all, in May's Bahrain fantasy, she talks to Andrew after saving the girl.

And in last week's episode, we see her and Coulson as agents in Russia, where she swears off on meeting "the psychiatrist" and seems to be getting together with Coulson instead.

In the current version of the Framework, I'm pretty sure Coulson was never an agent and May is somehow Director of Hydra.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dracorion posted:

And in last week's episode, we see her and Coulson as agents in Russia, where she swears off on meeting "the psychiatrist" and seems to be getting together with Coulson instead.

But that wasn't the Framework, that was backstory for Coulson, May, and Russian Guy.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm hoping Simmons having died from the fzzt virus in the framework means that she'll have electromagnetic powers after hacking herself back to life. Would be a fun reversal of the dynamic between her and Daisy if Daisy has lost her powers at the same time.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

But that wasn't the Framework, that was backstory for Coulson, May, and Russian Guy.

No, it was very much the Framework. The memory was modified to have May and Coulson leaning towards dating each other. This is what I took from it, considering May says she won't see "the psychiatrist" who is very obviously supposed to be Andrew.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Dracorion posted:

No, it was very much the Framework. The memory was modified to have May and Coulson leaning towards dating each other. This is what I took from it, considering May says she won't see "the psychiatrist" who is very obviously supposed to be Andrew.

You're bad at watching TV. It was a flashback, and she said she'd consider dating Coulson if things with the civilian didn't work out, which they clearly did.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dracorion posted:

Nah that was an actual flashback. She was in the earliest phase of her relationship with Andrew and hasn't had high hopes yet. They decided to give each other a try over a drink if that relationship turned out to be bad. instead, May and Andrew turned out to be a good couple. Then Bahrain happened and she kinda lost interest in dating. Several years late Coulson digs her back up from her desk work grave. Eventually this made her get together with Andrew. And then that whole Lash-thing happened. Suffice to say, the relationship ended quite poorly. A few months later, once May was sort of over her ex, Coulson finally offered her that drink. Unfortunately, that was the day she was replaced by a LMD. This shows universe clearly doesn't want certain characters to be together.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dracorion posted:

I think you're reading too much into this show. The show so far has very clearly told us what his Framework (fake Bahrain and the end of the most current episode), and there's no indication that this was the Framework. It clearly fits into all three characters' back stories in the "real" world.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dracorion posted:

That was absolutely not the Framework. That was a flashback detailing how The Superior got his motivation.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What if it's been the framework the whole time.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The season finale will show the gang in the director's office celebrating a hard earned victory. The camera will slowly zoom out to reveal them inside a snowglobe. It'll zoom out a little farther to reveal the snowglobe hooked up to the framework machine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While Dracorian is 100% wrong about that flashback being part of the Framework and completely missed the point, he/she's right about the other part of his/her post.

Dracorion posted:

You all are assuming May's Bahrain fantasy still happened in the current version of the Framework. Aida said she had to start it over again in this episode when she wakes up Radcliffe.

That's the rub. Aida flat out said that she redesigned the whole thing from scratch right before she killed Radcliffe. So the previous Framework where May saved the girl and Aida went to die/live is gone and Aida built a new Hydra world.

Its not the "fantasy" of May and Coulson. Its a distorted "logical" reality that Aida has constructed. The same logic that told her that the best way to protect the Framework from Radcliffe ever having a change of heart is to kill him or that turning the Superior into some bizarre monster is the logic that somehow decided that Coulson's desire to not be a SHIELD agent means he'd be a bigot and the world would be a much saner and stable place if Hydra controlled it and Daisy wants to be shacked up with a psycho killer. Or something like that.

Forget "living your fantasy." That's propaganda written into the code of the LMDs by the evil, crazy robot.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's no reason to assume that being with Ward has anything to do with her "biggest" regret. Our only source for the "biggest regret" paradigm is the crazy, evil LMD with a pretty hosed up sense of logic and no sense of morality.

Its pointless to speculate on it but the easiest explanation for how the Framework diverged from our reality is that Hydra succeeded in overthrowing SHIELD in Civil War, perhaps in part due to Coulson's absence. So in theory Ward was able to turn May and Daisy without the influence of Coulson.

But also we have no idea of any of that. I don't think we're even sure that Daisy and Ward are in Hydra, we just know that they work for someone. They could be "Secret Avengers" or something, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the curve they throw us that Ward is a good guy in this world and Daisy has to come to terms with that.

But there's point in doing this because this wasn't some divergent timeline, its a totally fictional reality constructed by Aida. So anything could be anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

Ward always believed they had a connection. But I don't know if you can easily place what Daisy's regret is, or at least what Aidi/Radcliffe perceive to be her biggest regret.

• Locked thread