Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cerepol posted:

I mean I know your panda clue, but I could bring up my grievances with this game and all (and in fact have before)

You know what gently caress it lets start with something that came up a few pages ago.

I find this games art style horrendeously muddy. It can be frustratingly unclear with what it needs to visual communicate to the player at dozens of points in this game.
I was going to type a longer post but :effort:

The gists of my complaints are that it is a fatiguing game visually. Which makes it harder to play in greater than 1hr runs. I want to feel good about playing this game but drat if it doesn't make it hard to do so.

Did you start playing video games a year ago? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jerichojx posted:

Would I still be allowed to search?

You search for the item but can't determine the stats of the item that show up. So you have to spam search through a poo poo load of items to find the good rolls. This leads to RMT for the best items. However selling and buying currency is super easy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5uw46k/discussiontrade_system_in_the_chinese_relm/

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Hopefully the league stones give legacy versions of the mods and people get mashed by unnerfed Grath and the other insane day 1 invasion bosses

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firebatgyro posted:

Hopefully the league stones give legacy versions of the mods and people get mashed by unnerfed Grath and the other insane day 1 invasion bosses
Sadly, the HC ladder death messages are not descriptive either way.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Yeah, it's just "X has died at position Y on the ladder (level Z)".

Makes me miss fun death messages. Tales of Maj'Eyal had good ones - there were generic ones for dying to regular enemies and damage types, but each of the bosses had their own special announcement text for killing a player. An early game giant troll would clobber into soup, a powerful vampire necromancer would slay you and raise you as his undead thrall, poo poo like that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

Grath was a kitten. I believe you're thinking of Ossecati.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Firebatgyro posted:

gently caress that Vaal DD crab :argh:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

theshim posted:

Yeah, it's just "X has died at position Y on the ladder (level Z)".

Makes me miss fun death messages. Tales of Maj'Eyal had good ones - there were generic ones for dying to regular enemies and damage types, but each of the bosses had their own special announcement text for killing a player. An early game giant troll would clobber into soup, a powerful vampire necromancer would slay you and raise you as his undead thrall, poo poo like that.
In my opinion, it'd be cool if PoE had even something descriptively simplistic, say if you died to something that isn't white/blue mobs or traps/environment, the game would mention "got trampled by Stinkstink's cohort" or something, grabbing the name of some rare or unique enemy nearby. Haven't played much of Tales of Maj'Eyal, but Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup has a similar system.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gently caress Cintiq, gently caress Ch'aska, gently caress Judgement Apparatus, gently caress Corrector Draconides and gently caress Bladeback Guardian

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oh and Haviri and Kamaq and Shrapnelbearer

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ok gently caress all of them, I have PTSD

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

TheRat posted:

Yeah you're right wrong skeleton. What a time that was to be playing POE

Hauki
May 11, 2010

obligatory

and https://www.twitch.tv/videos/40792698

edit - i was also trying to find a good clip of a shivershell multikill but i'm coming up short right now

Hauki fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 22, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I like the haviri triple kill video. "I dont think we've seen the invasion boss yet" *splat*

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

I like the haviri triple kill video. "I dont think we've seen the invasion boss yet" *splat*

yeah every video of that i can find appears to have been taken down :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RIP the RIP video

vvv Nevermind. Long live the RIP video

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 22, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hauki posted:

yeah every video of that i can find appears to have been taken down :(

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/40802777

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hauki posted:

obligatory

and https://www.twitch.tv/videos/40792698

edit - i was also trying to find a good clip of a shivershell multikill but i'm coming up short right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Tkp9HKCgw

ziggyd realizing what might happen as it happens is always great

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
In the time consuming pursuit of figuring out what the best kind of wizard is, I've put together an actual spreadsheet into which I enter many calculated values so I can figure out the arcane secrets of goblin clicking. There are a lot of imperfections but I have found it pretty handy for getting a general idea of whether or not some dumb idea I have is actually going to do a reasonable amount of damage.

This is a copy of my basic templates, which maybe no one will find helpful and I am definitely not offering any support for. Obviously you will need to punch in a bunch of numbers and in some cases fundamentally alter the calculations to address more specialized ways of hurting the goblins.

sheet

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Hauki posted:

Joe Duncan

Please, I already have to deal with the aggressively unfunny Joe Duncan comics on reddit

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

YoungSexualNorton posted:

In the time consuming pursuit of figuring out what the best kind of wizard is, I've put together an actual spreadsheet into which I enter many calculated values so I can figure out the arcane secrets of goblin clicking. There are a lot of imperfections but I have found it pretty handy for getting a general idea of whether or not some dumb idea I have is actually going to do a reasonable amount of damage.

This is a copy of my basic templates, which maybe no one will find helpful and I am definitely not offering any support for. Obviously you will need to punch in a bunch of numbers and in some cases fundamentally alter the calculations to address more specialized ways of hurting the goblins.

sheet

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

YoungSexualNorton posted:

sheet

The best kind of wizard is red mage hth

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

TheRat posted:

I think you meant /Oosecatti

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

panda clue posted:

Please, I already have to deal with the aggressively unfunny Joe Duncan comics on reddit

Men in Black references are hilarious 100% of the time too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Tkp9HKCgw

ziggyd realizing what might happen as it happens is always great

helmann too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ldpTVzWHow

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The Broletariat posted:

Men in Black references are hilarious 100% of the time too.

triggered

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I prefer bow wizards.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 22, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
3.5 wizards

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's almost some advanced posting.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Superhyped for 2.6 and beyond. Currently playing some HC to pass the time, as I skipped Breach.
Could I get an invite back to the guild?
Bobsbestfriend

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Hurray for random reddit giveaways:

What's a build I can do w/this?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Acht posted:

Superhyped for 2.6 and beyond. Currently playing some HC to pass the time, as I skipped Breach.
Bobsbestfriend

When was the last time you tithed? Asking for blazer.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Magus42 posted:

Grats. Decent colors for blade vortex or vaal spark.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

funmanguy posted:

When was the last time you tithed? Asking for blazer.

What is tithed?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Tithe is when you give money to the church. Have you heard the good word of RNGesus?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I made a bad joke. One of the responsible guild officers will post about your invite when they can.

Also for cool shavs builds with those colors, look at this thing:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PAJAMAMONSTER/characters

panda clue
May 23, 2014
The latest hotfix is horribly underrated for how good it is. Things like blowing up an entire screen with HoI, having auras near lots of minions, or debuffs near lots of enemies seem to cause far less server lag issues. I used to get a small stutter every time HoI blew up more than 20+ things at once, which is now entirely gone. I'm hoping this also fixed the similar issue with Abyssal Cry.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Magus42 posted:

Ball Lightning is more fun than Blade Vortex imho.

DBK's char, since he had better equipment than me: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/datbabykilla/characters

And a video of the build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUq93L-r43I

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Acht posted:

Bobsbestfriend

sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Thanks bud.

• Locked thread