Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Continuing the proud tradition of dinosaur cop side-kicks:

We all knew Guinan was old. But that's pretty drat old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Well, that answers the question of what happened to one of the dinosaur puppets from that TV show Dinosaurs.
You joke but that is literally the same type of costume.

And this is one of the things that rubs me the wrong way about Kung Fury: the dinosaur thing is so clearly a 90s fad.

Arctos
May 10, 2008

The next Internet-wide debate: How would T-Rexes wear their shoes? Wide or forked?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Forked, if Nike has a say in this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arctos posted:

The next Internet-wide debate: How would T-Rexes wear their shoes? Wide or forked?

How did he tie them?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Solice Kirsk posted:

How did he tie them?

You know how there are those birds that help clean crocodiles in exchange for not being eaten? It's like that, but they also tie shoelaces.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

I want to me three this but I just can't remember what happens to him in die hard. I think he gets kicked in the balls by die hard's wife.

Holly Ginero/McClane punches him in the face in the first one and tazes him into a blubbering mess in the second one.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ak Gara posted:

You know how there are those birds that help clean crocodiles in exchange for not being eaten? It's like that, but they also tie shoelaces.

Eh, it's a living.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ak Gara posted:

That's actually not a thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pick posted:

Sure it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVXvYPciwE

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not sure that's a real crocodile. I can tell from some of the pixels and having seen quite a few crocodiles in my time.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

MrJacobs posted:

He did, she was driving though and they didn't gently caress. And there was a shitton of CGI (mostly removing wires, and giant gently caress off Duststorms. And the Citadel)So now you can enjoy the movie for how it is.

Fury Road was a masterclass in how to use CGI heavily without detracting from the realistic feel of a movie - there wasn't a single shot that was untouched, and yet the CG work was never the focus.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kenlon posted:

Fury Road was a masterclass in how to use CGI heavily without detracting from the realistic feel of a movie - there wasn't a single shot that was untouched, and yet the CG work was never the focus.

CGI needs to complement the scene, not dominate it. It's like salt. You want enough, but not so much that it'll overpower the meal and make it a horrible salty mess.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kenlon posted:

District 9 is another great example of CGI done well. The aliens, their ship, and even the final battle inside a mechanized battle suit don't really call attention to the effects used to make them and are just kind of there. It's all very matter-of-fact when other similar movies would be focused on the spectacle of it.

e: As much spectacle as the movie gets, but still looks relatively plain and realistic given what's going on.
vvvv

NoEyedSquareGuy has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Feb 22, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

District 9 is another great example of CGI done well. The aliens, their ship, and even the final battle inside a mechanized battle suit don't really call attention to the effects used to make them and are just kind of there. It's all very matter-of-fact when other similar movies would be focused on the spectacle of it.

Uh I think you need to watch that robo-suit battle again. That was definitely spectacle

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ammanas posted:

Uh I think you need to watch that robo-suit battle again. That was definitely spectacle

Because "holy poo poo! it's a massive robot suit!" is cool. Doesn't matter if it is CGI or practical or both. It was pretty cool, though.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
On the other hand gently caress you.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I know, I'm 12.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

MisterBibs posted:

I know, I'm 12.

Yeah, the 12 year olds I know all have old rear end phones with poo poo cameras.

:sad:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Snowmankilla posted:

Yeah, the 12 year olds I know all have old rear end phones with poo poo cameras.

:sad:

I have an S7; I zoomed in so it'd actually be legible.

:colbert:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

MisterBibs posted:

I have an S7; I zoomed in so it'd actually be legible.

:colbert:

get a better phone

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lechtansi posted:

get a better phone

we don't all have ancient bird-people statues handing out the latest in technology to us, dude

:capitalism:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pick posted:

It is, but I don't think it's very common. Birds that eat parasites off large mammals happens all the time though. There's a similar thing with fish where there are "cleaning stations" where larger fish swim up to have parasites cleaned from them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutualism_(biology)

RatHat has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Feb 22, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
e: nm

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MisterBibs posted:

I know, I'm 12.

Mount Gay is a pretty popular brand of rum and therefore objectively very good, I'm surprised you don't already know it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

Mount Gay is a pretty popular brand of rum and therefore objectively very good, I'm surprised you don't already know it.

First time I saw it; you aren't the first to tell me how popular/good it is.

I was going to try it (i don't think I've ever had rum before), but I was having lunch and didn't want to go back to work with alcohol in my system.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I saw an intersection in Nashville that was on Gay and Church.

There's also this sign in NJ:

Sadly Seaman's dried up years back, but the other two are still there.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hah! Best Buy, ridiculous.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

somekindofguy posted:

I saw an intersection in Nashville that was on Gay and Church.

There's also this sign in NJ:

Sadly Seaman's dried up years back, but the other two are still there.

Consumer Square? More like consumer box! Amiright? :heysexy:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Mount Gay is from Barbados. I went to the distillery, and it was dope.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MisterBibs posted:

I know, I'm 12.

That's generous.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

RatHat posted:

It is, but I don't think it's very common. Birds that eat parasites off large mammals happens all the time though. There's a similar thing with fish where there are "cleaning stations" where larger fish swim up to have parasites cleaned from them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutualism_(biology)

There's no recorded instance of birds that clean the teeth of crocodiles. Obviously mutualism, as exists with wrasse and cowbirds, is a thing.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Pick posted:

There's no recorded instance of birds that clean the teeth of crocodiles. Obviously mutualism, as exists with wrasse and cowbirds, is a thing.
If you're doubting the word of Herodotus, well, I don't know what to say.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:crossarms:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fuckin lol

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Pick posted:

There are however birds that will nest right next to alligator nests and be their intruder alarm in exchange for the gator protecting both of them should the alarm sound.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Please do the needful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Karate Bastard posted:

Please do the needful.

Dont crib my pickup lines

• Locked thread