Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I'm still a fan of Tomo despite recognizing its faults and the thread is unsubstantial garbage that should be destroyed.

Sharkey tell me why helck got bad again , I forgot where your good post about it was. Thank u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Also I've done some research and it turns out the forums always display people's avatar even if they're probated in the reply window, at least in the Tomo thread.

things are breaking as the forums get update to (more) recent technology

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

I absolutely understand and respect handing out sixers for posting about posting since the Tomo thread was born under an unfortunate star, and the first two in that batch were warranted, the problem is just when

is probatable, but

you're sending a clear message there, and it's not "actually talk about Tomo in this thread or else".

Also I am still not sure whether you meant to probate Burbo for what you yourself call a funny edit or if he just got caught in the crossfire, I would like some clarification on this.

Funny edit or not the dumb garfield spam is coming to an end.

Rodyle just wants his thread free of spammers. I don't think it's much to ask. :shrug:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sharkey tell me why helck got bad again , I forgot where your good post about it was. Thank u

It's getting to the finale? again hopefully and the new omake chapters help a lot but it just stopped being about adventure and discovery of new characters and comedy in favor of very repetitive action sequence where every chapter helck and the gang would take 1 step forward and the villain would reveal a dramatic new power as the cliffhanger and the next chapter helck would overcome it but at the end the villain had a new power!!!!

Mega trite stuff without any mirth.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I think it's disingenuous to call a funny edit related to both the title of the thread and the topic of thread spam

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

There's not really enough you can discuss about tomo to warrant a thread anyways.

*in softer voice* This is not me being bitter about nobody watching Vifam after the Vifam thread.

i think it's better that it has a thread than daily Tomo discussion being held in here, which I'd rather do away with. but some jokes and bad posts have somehow hosed the atmosphere of that thread beyond being salvageable.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

AIDS AIDS AIDS no more aids please

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rear end posted:

My opinion on this whole situation is that people shouldn't treat a public forum as their own treehouse hangout and post like normal people. This is a good picture of Mikan

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

It's getting to the finale? again hopefully and the new omake chapters help a lot but it just stopped being about adventure and discovery of new characters and comedy in favor of very repetitive action sequence where every chapter helck and the gang would take 1 step forward and the villain would reveal a dramatic new power as the cliffhanger and the next chapter helck would overcome it but at the end the villain had a new power!!!!

Mega trite stuff without any mirth.

Thanks

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think you're working from too wide a definition of spam if it includes relevant jokes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Rodyle just wants his thread free of spammers. I don't think it's much to ask. :shrug:

Maybe there's some kind of middle ground here where just reposting Garfield comics or talking about Garfield with no Tomo is probatable, but putting effort into making Tomofield jokes is okay when even the thread title does so.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please do not discriminate against my HIV+ friend, owl day, just because his blood is full of the deadly virus that causes AIDS

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Omake chapters about the witch are really good and very relevant for your knowledge of Piwi, if you haven't read in a while they are still worth checking out.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I think you're working from too wide a definition of spam if it includes relevant jokes.

Just because rod puts "japanese garfield" in the title does not mean it's okay to spam the thread with garfield and garfield edits like this was GBS.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Just because the posts are close together from low traffic doesn't make it spam

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dryzen posted:

Just because the posts are close together from low traffic doesn't make it spam

Owl Day is braindead and always has been, trying to reason with him isn't going to accomplish anything.

We'd still have rules about forced gun to your head byob style niceness if Seafood hadn't put his foot down.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

There's a more effective way to do that in a way that's less inflammatory than just probating half the thread and also anyone who calls you out on it.

Owl Day In A Parallel Universe posted:

:siren:Hey guys knock it off with the Garfield stuff, it's getting old and sort if ruining the thread:siren:

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I can't believe this is the hill ADTRW has chosen to die upon.

Thought for sure it was gonna be the question of whether that Demi show is allegorical or not and if so to what degree.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'd rather have the edits instead of just people wondering when the girls will kiss.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Everyone would be willing to stop loving around in the tomo thread if gorf was freed

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AnoHito posted:

There's a more effective way to do that in a way that's less inflammatory than just probating half the thread and also anyone who calls you out on it.

I was wrong to think the other posters would get the hint when I probated k.flaps.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

rear end posted:

My opinion on this whole situation is that people shouldn't treat a public forum as their own treehouse hangout and post like normal people. This is a good picture of Mikan

She looks cute! She looks kinda like *Monogatari's Nadeko. (Hopefully she's nowhere near as homicidal) :3:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I was wrong to think the other posters would get the hint when I probated k.flaps.

Because K. Flaps and the other posters weren't doing the same thing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Congrats to the new Tomo thread op, rodyle.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The difference is that when you probated k.flaps everyone understood it's for spamming the thread with stuff like just copying Garfield comic links so they said nothing.

When you probate someone for making Tomo edits that Tomo likers up to and including the Tomo thread OP enjoy then you're just throwing out the baby with the bathwater, which is what caused this entire nonsense in the first place.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Maybe you could communicate with words instead of just probies?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I'd rather have the edits instead of just people wondering when the girls will kiss.

same

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Also it is your job as mod to communicate clearly with the community instead of relying on "hints". If you are unable to do that then you are unfit to be mod and should step down immediately.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

actions speak louder than words, friend *performs two actions that seem contradictory*

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

The difference is that when you probated k.flaps everyone understood it's for spamming the thread with stuff like just copying Garfield comic links so they said nothing.

When you probate someone for making Tomo edits that Tomo likers up to and including the Tomo thread OP enjoy then you're just throwing out the baby with the bathwater, which is what caused this entire nonsense in the first place.

Burbo got probated not just for that post but for other posts in the thread as well.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Actions speak louder than words and probations do a pretty good job of communicating to everyone that a person has broken the rules, imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the probe reasons said 'spamming'

you can write anything you want in the reason box so idk why you didn't just put something more specific and harder line there so people know what to do and not to do. like, if you want to probate flaps, sure, but why not write 'knock it off with the garfield stuff and the off-topic arguing.' there.

also free gorf

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Droyer posted:

Also it is your job as mod to communicate clearly with the community instead of relying on "hints". If you are unable to do that then you are unfit to be mod and should step down immediately.

I must have missed that chapter in the mod handbook. Also, there's more people in the community than just the people who are mad that they can't spam up the tomo thread anymore.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Probating someone for just posting Garfield strips is reasonable, but that probation didn't communicate anything about the extra rules that you are now applying to the thread. If people can't post certain things in that thread then maybe you should have made a post there to inform them about it rather than creating a loop of "probation - complaint about probation - probation - repeat" that, I would argue, shits up Rodenthar's thread quite a lot more than a couple joke image edits ever could.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iunno why the idea of communicating clearly with us is so anathema to you. We aren't schoolchildren and you aren't the stern head principal. Just say 'gently caress off with doing this thing' and most people will listen, even if they gripe about it some, you don't need to keep swatting our hands away from the cookie jar until we get the hint or whatever.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Hi is this the thread for talking about the issues in the Tomo thread, instead of using the Tomo thread?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Actions speak louder than words and probations do a pretty good job of communicating to everyone that a person has broken the rules, imo.
Why do you bother speaking a language if you're not gonna use it when you should

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I must have missed that chapter in the mod handbook. Also, there's more people in the community than just the people who are mad that they can't spam up the tomo thread anymore.
I don't think that's what people are mad about and if you can't see that then, I'm Sorry Owl Day but ":whitewater:"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wait wait, I know what owlday is communicating with us through his actions!

When the probation reason said "spamming", what he meant is that he is actually spamming probations.

It's so obvious, this action.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

look at this loser, hasn't even read the manual

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi, I think the underlying issue here is you have a reputation for being very disconnected and people feel frustrated when you hop on people then vanish without a word or maybe a post (which had happened in the past) if you think these claims are false, please say so, because I know that's what's been bugging people since you got the position. Thank u for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mentat Radnor posted:

Probating someone for just posting Garfield strips is reasonable, but that probation didn't communicate anything about the extra rules that you are now applying to the thread. If people can't post certain things in that thread then maybe you should have made a post there to inform them about it rather than creating a loop of "probation - complaint about probation - probation - repeat" that, I would argue, shits up Rodenthar's thread quite a lot more than a couple joke image edits ever could.

No extra rules have been added. Don't spam the forum has always been a rule, as has don't argue about probations in discussion threads.

• Locked thread