Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I must have missed that chapter in the mod handbook. Also, there's more people in the community than just the people who are mad that they can't spam up the tomo thread anymore.

If you don't think communication is necessary for being a mod then I honestly don't know what to say anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

idk what this "actions speak louder than words" poo poo is but most mods on SA make it clear what they're probating people for, or are at least funny about being obtuse.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

For real though, "actions speak louder than words" is a really dumb platitude, at least the way you're using. The joke is that your actions still allow for a wide area of interpretations, so when k.flaps got probated I thought your incredibly clear loud action meant "zero-effort Garfield comics spam and talk about Garfield only is not okay", but that putting effort into Tomo/Garfield edits and not going overboard with them is a-okay.

Hell, I would go so far as to say that most people interpreted your very loud please use your indoor voice actions that way, and the fact that they interpreted them that way and someone got probated for it is why so many got mad enough to poo poo up the Tomo thread now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the rushing into the probation zone like a lemming was bad for people to do. But the forum wants someone who they feel they can have a discussion with, which until now had been like pulling teeth. That's just my two cents though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Iunno why the idea of communicating clearly with us is so anathema to you. We aren't schoolchildren and you aren't the stern head principal. Just say 'gently caress off with doing this thing' and most people will listen, even if they gripe about it some, you don't need to keep swatting our hands away from the cookie jar until we get the hint or whatever.

Also, being willing to do this and give a warning before throwing out probies is a thing most other mods I've seen generally do (outside of obvious cases like that creep in the MaiDragon thread) that usually dissipates whatever problem without requiring anyone get probied. Keeps discussion flowing and spirits higher in general.

I also really don't see why this is apparently such a problem .

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think the rushing into the probation zone like a lemming was bad for people to do. But the forum wants someone who they feel they can have a discussion with, which until now had been like pulling teeth. That's just my two cents though.

I'm available via PM should anyone want to talk to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I don't know whats going on here but I think a lot of you are way too worked up over loving cartoons
nobody's really worked up over cartoons, the mod just never talks to us about their decisions and has banned people for making funny cartoon jokes, which feels like the opposite of what people should be banned for

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Incoherent yelling is louder than your normal speaking voice but only one actually lets us know your full position rather than divining it from vague context clues and then loud-speaking-action us for misunderstanding you.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The lepers colony looks really good now with all the spamming spam tbh. Their sacrifice was not in vain.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

zen death robot posted:

I don't know whats going on here but I think a lot of you are way too worked up over loving cartoons

How do you gauge who's "worked up" and who's just voicing their opinion? It's words on the internet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Show me the banned posts
a dude made a thread about an anime he didnt like where all the character images were replaced with pictures of poop. it was kind of funny and kind of gross. i could totally get a week's probation for that since it's a shitpost thread (literally), but a ban seems really overkill. here if you like pictures of poop, my dude.

also, a dude keeps getting probated for doing edits of a japanese webcomic where he replaced all the characters with garfield, because he is comparing the webcomic's banality to garfield. here is a joke.

none of these jokes are setting the world on fire but they're swings at humor that don't really hurt anything and were only done once or twice, and clearly had some amount of effort put into them, which i feel should be protected to some extent on a dead gay comedy forum.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm available via PM should anyone want to talk to me.

Do you want all questions related to modding to be fielded to you via PM? This isn't an epic gotcha post, I'm just trying to understand, because it feels like it creates an atmosphere where not everyone is on the same page regarding certain mod actions.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I can't believe this is the hill ADTRW has chosen to die upon.

Thought for sure it was gonna be the question of whether that Demi show is allegorical or not and if so to what degree.

What is the Dullahan girl a metaphor for?

Also, I keep wanting her to attach her head on her neck once in a while

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I was wrong to think the other posters would get the hint when I probated k.flaps.

You shouldn't use other posters probations as an example like some fuckin deity who smote down a non-believer

even i didn't do that poo poo as mod and I sucked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do you want all questions related to modding to be fielded to you via PM? This isn't an epic gotcha post, I'm just trying to understand, because it feels like it creates an atmosphere where not everyone is on the same page regarding certain mod actions.

I'd prefer that, I can't be available every time post-probation to answer questions in the chat thread or wherever. Sometimes I have to probate people while at work!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fair enough

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Baal posted:

You shouldn't use other posters probations as an example like some fuckin deity who smote down a non-believer

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'd prefer that, I can't be available every time post-probation to answer questions in the chat thread or wherever. Sometimes I have to probate people while at work!
The only thing people want is for you to make one post to say like "Okay no more Garfield jokes" around the time you are pressing the probate button, so people can be sure exactly what unwritten rule they are getting cat jailed for

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gently caress, i knew the fate of the world rested on passing my driver's test. this is all my fault

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Mister Macys posted:

Also, I keep wanting her to attach her head on her neck once in a while

Holy poo poo, man, that's not ok.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Seriously you're posting up a storm because your posting buddy can't post for six loving hours. And you're trying to defend a post that was actually full of pictures of poo poo.

hey man if that's punishable then how come I'm not hit for every post I make

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Endorph posted:

also, a dude keeps getting probated for doing edits of a japanese webcomic where he replaced all the characters with garfield, because he is comparing the webcomic's banality to garfield. here is a joke.

none of these jokes are setting the world on fire but they're swings at humor that don't really hurt anything and were only done once or twice, and clearly had some amount of effort put into them, which i feel should be protected to some extent on a dead gay comedy forum.

Satire is probatable?

Remind me never to contribute with an edit then.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know what I don't get? When people use "Armchair" as a prefix (would that be the correct term? I'm not sure) to deride somebody expressing an opinion who knows nothing/very little of that particular field. Why? Armchairs are comfy and have done nothing wrong. Poser gets the point across much better.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

The only thing people want is for you to make one post to say like "Okay no more Garfield jokes" around the time you are pressing the probate button, so people can be sure exactly what unwritten rule they are getting cat jailed for

Yeah this. Like, I'm not particularly mad about any 6'ers, I'm just a little bemused as to why asking for a one sentence explanation is apparently some big imposition on your time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

everyone post I make has 1px by 1px image of poo poo

it's to distract from the similar context in the text

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

According to Owlday's loud actions, it is illegal to make Garfield edits, but it is extremely legal and perhaps even encouraged to keep quoting it and posting "lol". Anything else would be spamming.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

everyone post I make has 1px by 1px image of poo poo

it's to distract from the similar context in the text
is it in the middle of your av

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Ok I think the post of piles of poo poo is actually ok to ban on because it's a terrible loving post and I would have approved it too. And I think all of you pitching a fit over eating six hours because you keep posting garfield comics in the anime forum is loving stupid.

Seriously you're posting up a storm because your posting buddy can't post for six loving hours. And you're trying to defend a post that was actually full of pictures of poo poo.

Can I defend this post?

I'd defend it in the thread but then I'll just get probated. I mean yeah it's loving stupid but so is this whole debacle. I dunno how you can defend rampant tantrums by a middle aged mod in a dead comedy forum and then just wave it away with "y'all whippersnappers getting mad over nothing". Probating because someone posts a funny 'shoop seems like the antithesis of what SA mods should do.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

is it in the middle of your av

oh man if I could make transparent poops

I'd be the ultimate fiend

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

No, you still have a stupid newbie av and I don't give a poo poo about what you ahve to say - spend $5 and get a good av

I will defend the post, in his place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive had like 26 avs and never spent a single cent because people love buying me avs for some reason

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

zen death robot posted:

No, you still have a stupid newbie av and I don't give a poo poo about what you ahve to say - spend $5 and get a good av

I'm ethnic.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is this guy lwotax

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

is this guy lwotax

im lowtax

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

zen death robot, what's your favorite giant robot?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Droyer posted:

I will defend the post, in his place.

I lend my av

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I'm his 'right hand man" so to speak

don't jack off lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU