Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Streak posted:

holy poo poo you are actually suggesting that literal murder would be a good thing. holy gently caress. poo poo, gently caress!!!

I can't believe you support domestic homicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah cheaters have no qualms lying and loving around behind partner's back but usually can't deal with losing the stability and convienience of their relationship. They can't get it through their head if you can't stop yourself from slutting it up with other people maybe you should break up?? Much easier to have both though when you don't give a gently caress about the person you're trying to make a life with though.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

I'm kind of amazed that's still an actual thing that happens. I mean it's just human trafficking all gussied up, isn't it? Why is that kind of thing legal???

It's very not legal but also very tough for the state/feds to prove that a marriage is of coercion, rather than legitimate commitment and affection. Assuming the marriage actually happens, that is, since it is much easier to prove ahead of time.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My [29 F] Fiance [29 M] has so many annoying habits I feel like leaving him. Am I being irrational? It sounds so silly.

quote:

I have been with my Fiance Dan, for three years. We have been living together for the past two years, and lately I have been noticing he has many habits that seriously annoy me. I don't know if he was doing these things all along and I didn't notice, or if it has been slowly getting worse over time.

Some examples of his annoying habits:

He wakes me up all night long, every single night. Sometimes it is because he is groping me, other times he will shake me awake and simply say 'big spoon', because he wants me to cuddle him with me being the big spoon. No lie he does this 5, 6, 7 times a night.

He used to grope me in my sleep a lot more and I would be awoken to what I can only describe as the feeling of someone rubbing at me like they are trying to frantically start a fire in my underwear, but I have spoken to him about this and it's cut down to only once or twice a night.

Which brings me to my next point
Every single morning without fail he will wake me up at around 6am, weekdays and weekends. This is because he has to start work early, usually at 7:30am and he likes me to be up to talk to him before he leaves. I would really appreciate a sleep in even if just weekends when he isn't working but he wakes me up anyway.

Every single time I recieve a text message, email or IM he quizzes me on who it was and says 'oh I bet it was one of your boyfriends'. I do not have any male friends at all, so I am unsure as to why he accuses me of texting men every single time my phone makes a noise. I did have one male friend I would text occasionally at the start of our relationship but Dan didn't like it so I cut my friend out.

He never ever helps with any household chores, not cooking, dishes, washing, anything. He won't even put his dirty work clothes (which are filthy by the way, he is a plumber) into the laundry hamper and instead throws them on the floor or the bed.

This list could go on forever so I'm going to stop there. However the reason I am posting this now is a situation which just happened. We were eating dinner and he got up to get himself another serving and trod in a poop that our kitten had done on the floor. Usually it doesn't poop on the floor and if I had of noticed it I would have cleaned it up straight away. But I didn't and Dan stepped in it barefoot.

Instead of immediately washing his foot he just came and sat down beside me and continued eating. I was disgusted and stopped eating thinking surely he is going to wash his foot, but he didn't. So I asked him to please wash his foot as I find it gross especially as we are eating. He yelled at me and stormed off and now is not speaking to me.

I feel like if I am not doing exactly as he pleases I am in trouble. I can't even ask him to wash cat poo poo off his foot without him yelling and ignoring me. If I were to bring up the other issues I have posted he would be more than likely to get angry and give me the cold shoulder.

I am at my wits end and honestly feel like telling him i'm done. But I love this man. He has so many good qualities and is so special to me.

What do you think Reddit?

quote:

quote:

Yep. I dated a guy like this. Anytime a text came through he'd say "you have a text" if I didn't check it immediately. It would be one of my parents or a girlfriend (because no guy friends allowed) and if I mentioned it was, say, my dad I'd be met with "Sure it is."

God forbid if I had more than one text in a row or even in the same hour. "Oh, you're really popular tonight."

I finally ended it after he came home drunk one night (I was in my pjs in the kitchen making myself a sandwich) screaming "WHERE THE gently caress IS HE?!" Confused as to who the hell he was talking about, I had the nerve to ask and was screamed at some more about the man I was hiding in our small apartment. I actually laughed, which did not bode well. I told him he could ask the door man, nobody had come up while he was gone. "He climbed up through the window" (yeah...up an invisible ladder).

He ended up busting through our unlocked guest bedroom (broke the door) and was even more pissed when he didn't find anyone.
He refused to believe I wasn't hiding a man in our apartment.
I realized if he could bust a door, my face could be next. So I left him.
Best decision I ever made.
This is exactly what he does! And yes, when he is drunk it is worse. I've actually had 3 phones smashed last year.

quote:

He has told me numerous times that I'm not ever allowed to leave him. He either says he will drink himself to death, or come and find me and kill me. He's told me numerous times he will cut my body up and hide it in the stormwater drains. He says he is just joking about that but it does disturb me. But the drinking himself stupid, I know he will for sure. Every time we have an argument he will run off somewhere and binge drink. He was a full blown alcoholic when I met him, and I helped him through it. If I were to leave he would return to his old ways straight away. I don't want him to do that.

priorities

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Oh yeah my husband can be super annoying at times, sometimes he casually threatens to carve me up like chicken for a stir fry but other than that we have a charmed life together

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i refuse to even believe that's real

nice try, internet dude making poo poo up

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Full blown alcoholic when we met, but I'm so amazing that I helped him work through it. Also, he binge drinks after every fight.

Some people like to date the helpless and broken. It's my dad's type to a tee, and it explains why nobody ever likes his girlfriends.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Stoically implying that which chain family restaurant you eat at tonight rates more highly in your consciousness than your cheating wife's year-long affair is a pretty good own, all things considered. I hope I'm never in that situation but hopefully, if I am, I'll behave as he did (while filing for divorce).

dude isn't stoic, he's completely checked out to the point that he doesn't even care if his wife is running around. lady should get a divorce, their marriage is stone dead and she's sleeping in the same bed as her roomie

i had a high school relationship break up this way, i was dating someone and we weren't really compatible and i was honestly relieved when she tearfully confessed to cheating on me because it saved me from being the "bad guy" when i dumped her and this is how teenagers behave

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

This man I have been with for three years regularly sexually assaults me in my sleep, accuses me of cheating, won't allow me to make friends with people, screams at me, binge drinks, threatens my life, has filthy habits, and breaks my belongings. He is such a great man and I can't wait to marry him.

Should I be concerned that he didn't wash his foot when he stepped in cat poo poo? I feel like this might be a minor red flag

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

areyoucontagious posted:

<:mad:> you did that on purpose you jerk

quote:

I confessed to him what had been going expecting him to blow up on me, call me awful, call me names, anything. His reaction was "yeah I kind of thought something was up." He then sat down in front of his Xbox and 10 minutes later said "hey have I ever told you about Winston Churchill?"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My [29 F] Fiance [29 M] has so many annoying habits I feel like leaving him. Am I being irrational? It sounds so silly.

priorities

How did they make it to engagement?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

When the best outcome for your relationship is your husband killing dozens if not hundreds of adults and children before going down guns blazing after beating you savagely for not supporting him in a religious dispute and then leaving you to die in childbirth while delivering twins you should probably reevaluate things.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

chitoryu12 posted:

How did they make it to engagement?

Leon Einstein posted:

Full blown alcoholic when we met, but I'm so amazing that I helped him work through it.

just a guess.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
whatever, i'm sure they'll have a perfect, loving marriage until he murders her for talking to the mailman.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

whatever, i'm sure they'll have a perfect, loving marriage until he murders her for talking to the having a mailman.

Ftfy

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

whatever, i'm sure they'll have a perfect, loving marriage until he murders her for talking to a male man

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

Alright, this one is a doozy

She [22] isn't into the things that I [21 m] am into, specifically pain-related fetishes. [3 "official" months]

quote:

sometimes I feel like sex isn't even worth the orgasm when it's just as easy to rub one out. So just "sex" isn't enough to get me going. I like playing with things I don't have. Hell, that's half the reason I go to Guitar Center.

:shepface:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

there was an episode of Always Sunny a few weeks ago where Charlie goes "oh man, look out for that dog poo poo!" and steps right in it and nobody including him can figure out why he stepped in the dog poo poo on purpose and continues to stand in it.

You may think that the man is Charlie, for not even caring about the cat poo poo, but it is actually the woman

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [24M] with my GF[26 F] 4months, her parents kicked her out because we love eachother

quote:

Me and my girlfriend have been a special,loving couple for the past four months. Her parents however, never liked me.
She's a lawyer student, her parents are wealthy and hard workers .
I'm a simple teacher, come from a normal, loving family and was never enough for them.
My Gf has a house, a farm that's not habitable. It has to be renovated from scratch (and it can't be thrown to the ground because it's historical , so it can only be renovated) and the farm was for sale for eight years before my gf bought it.
Her parents just kicked her out. Are going to sell everything they bought to help her renovate her house and don't want to see her again.
They say we don't match, that i'm useless, that she made the worst choice and can't build a future with me.
I have a loving family, a good home. But i can't ask, or expect my parents to take her in. She also doesn't have enough income to survive on her own (she's still studying) and i'm the only one who has a job.
She's not gonna sell her farm, it's her dreamhouse, she also has six horses that she loves and can't lose.
For me, it's all just pretty confusing and i support her, but i don't know what to do. We can't rent a house, because that would mean we can't save for our own house anymore . (I'm planning on buying my own house in two years while we renovate hers)
Her family turned completely against her. I'm confused in how parents can turn on their only daughter like that. Everyone is involved and she has no place to go other then her farm that's not fit for living.
What are my, her, our options in what to do now? thanks in advance
tl;dr: Gf and i love eachother and don't give up our love. Her parents kick her out of the house, will sell everything they bought to help her renovate her house and leave us alone in an uninhabitable farm. What can i do now?

According to reddit this is a self help eviction which is illegal, and they can't legally sell things that they were going to give her for renovation either. However if the parents can do all of this, she needs to get rid of the horses so she can actually avoid being homeless.

All in all I don't really know what to make of this one. This comment chain is funny though, OP is the last comment

quote:

As one who has lived half their life on a farm, I'm gonna advise getting rid of the horses immediately. No way can she care for them or pay for another person to care for them at her stage in life. They are so insanely expensive to maintain. If her parents refuse to come around then she needs to learn to cut back her lifestyle and that starts with getting rid of the six horses.

quote:

Lol. Most horse people would sooner live in a cardboard box than sell their horse. It's quite possible that several of them are older and just sit in a field (there's no way a law student would have time to ride six horses). Pasture board is often fairly affordable, in that case.
She could consider leasing out her rideable horses to help offset costs.

quote:

She's going to end up in that cardboard box pretty dang soon, then. She's in a home that she can't pay for on her own but refuses to sell or downsize. If she can't take care of herself then there is no way she can care for the horses. Pasture board can be affordable. But they aren't free. Remember this is a full time law student with no source of income whatsoever.
I'm pretty dang familiar with just letting horses out into a pasture and letting them do their own thing. But honestly, she can't afford to care for herself, let alone for those horses if anything happens. What if one gets attacked by a wild animal? Snags their side on barbwire? Breaks a leg? Her options are to pay for a visit to a large animal vet (not an option for someone with zero income) or to let nature take it's course. Or shoot it like actual ranchers do. Those options seem a lot more heart breaking than letting your animal be taken and properly cared for by a responsible second party
I get not wanting to part with a beloved animal. Honestly I do. But as a responsible pet owner, we all have to put the well being of the animal first. And if we can no longer properly care for a pet, then it is our responsibility to make sure we find another capable person who can do so in our stead.
OP

quote:

She has one horse who is going to give birth in may, and she loves her horses . She's not going to get rid of them, and i understand her

This might be a case of horse-girl.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got to she has multiple horses and didnt bother to finish because rip dude.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

horse girls are an endless source of incredible r/elationships stories

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Also what kind of family thinks that a teacher isn't good enough for their law student daughter?

Teacher/lawyer combo seems like a pretty stable household.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nazzadan posted:

Also what kind of family thinks that a teacher isn't good enough for their law student daughter?

Teacher/lawyer combo seems like a pretty stable household.

A teacher with terrible grammar.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I [34 F] am married to a manchild [34] who has just gone from annoying to inappropriate

I swear this is a rerun, and it turned out the dude had a brain tumour or something?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Pick posted:

Yeah he types like an ESL, so I'll just pretend he is an adequate teacher wherever he is in some language that isn't english.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
dude mentions his lady friend's falling down farm house is historically protected which is deffo not any place in america

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It's also a post from today, so bookmarking for a hopeful update

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lone Goat posted:

I swear this is a rerun, and it turned out the dude had a brain tumour or something?

not that got posted by that account anyway, that dude is just a Type

this seems healthy
My sister [24 F] posted a picture on instagram wearing my [27 F] upcoming wedding dress.

quote:

Quick backstory.
I've always been the chubby, non-makeup wearing, stay-at-home bookworm type. I've had a few boyfriends and a few close friends and mostly spent my time studying. I got my BS in 4 years and my MS 2 years after that, found a good paying, stable job, fell in love, and am about to be married in 3 months.

My sister has always been the complete opposite. She's always been the hot, popular girl. Never spends a Saturday at home, always invited to every party, has had many good-looking boyfriends. Is semi-famous on social media as a makeup guru. didn't really pursue college after high school, hasn't had a stable job, is kind of going through a crisis.

Last week my sister (also my maid of honor) had a falling out with my parents and stayed with me for a few days. Apparently while I was at work she took a selfie wearing my wedding dress (which is hung up in a garment bag in my closet) and an unopened bottle of wine, pretending to cry. Basically poking fun at herself in like a "my big sis has her life together and is getting married and I'm alone and sad" kind of way. Then she posted it on instagram - which many of my friends and family follow.

I'm here because I would like an unbiased opinion on the situation. Obviously I'm livid. Out of the two of us I've very rarely had chances to feel special and pretty, and I very much feel like she stole my lightning by revealing my dress on social media. Another part of me feels like maybe I'm being too hard on her and maybe a dress reveal isn't as important as I think.

I confronted her about it and she said she was sorry and deleted the picture (after it had thousands of likes, BTW), but I sort of feel like the damage is done. She says she was just having a bit of fun and didn't think people would really notice the dress, but I maintain that doing that was really, really stupid and careless of her.

Am I overreacting? Do I get the dress altered in some way? Is this a good enough excuse to get a new dress? Did she even cross a line, or am I just being a bridezilla? I feel really, really upset and freaked out over the whole ordeal and I know a lot of it is because of wedding stress, so I need some rational advice here.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pick posted:

Maybe, monster, me maths good and write bad

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

dude mentions his lady friend's falling down farm house is historically protected which is deffo not any place in america

Uh yeah that's wrong

There are plenty of historic farmhouses in the USA and they are a tremendous loving pain in the rear end to own

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mirthless posted:

Uh yeah that's wrong

There are plenty of historic farmhouses in the USA and they are a tremendous loving pain in the rear end to own

You need like, wooden shutters that are only certain colors when you own poo poo like that. It can be a nightmare.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mirthless posted:

Uh yeah that's wrong

i'd explain to you why you are wrong and that's not how national registry of historic place, national historic landmark, or subjurisdictional historic zoning works in the united states but you're mirthless and you'd never shut up or accept that you are wrong so i'm just going to appeal to the many people who hate you and point out that once again you're full of poo poo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

boner confessor posted:

i'd explain to you why you are wrong and that's not how national registry of historic place, national historic landmark, or subjurisdictional historic zoning works in the united states but you're mirthless and you'd never shut up or accept that you are wrong so i'm just going to appeal to the many people who hate you and point out that once again you're full of poo poo

Don't you need to only repair them and decorate them certain ways? I mean this is all second hand knowledge but I had a boss who owned one and the wooden shutters in certain colors was one specific thing he was bitching about.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

She's not gonna sell her farm, it's her dreamhouse, she also has six horses that she loves and can't lose.

lmao

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Don't you need to only repair them and decorate them certain ways? I mean this is all second hand knowledge but I had a boss who owned one and the wooden shutters in certain colors was one specific thing he was bitching about.

oh totally, which is why they're a pain in the rear end to own

but in op's words "My Gf has a house, a farm that's not habitable. It has to be renovated from scratch (and it can't be thrown to the ground because it's historical , so it can only be renovated)"

a house in that bad of condition in america either 1) wouldn't be registered for being too damaged, or 2) if notable enough to be registered despite the damage, wouldn't be within the price range of a law student or 3) is rural enough that it might be affordable, if not notable, but would certainly be outside of any historic district which would confer preservation status outside of a national list

so it's far more likely this is somewhere other than america where who knows how the historic preservation laws work but there are more likely to be historically signficant, falling apart properties within the probable budget of a law student with big dreams

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

within the probable budget of a law student with big dreams

and 6 horses

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

My sister [24 F] posted a picture on instagram wearing my [27 F] upcoming wedding dress.

So she isn't upset because of any damage done to the dress just that the dress has been REVEALED to the WORLD.

A secret from one bride to the other: no one gives a poo poo, besides you, about what your dress looks like. I loved my dress and everything, but I will not delude myself that people were counting the minutes in anticipation of seeing my dress for the first time.

Really though, I think this lady is trying to avoid the real reason she is upset: her hotter and inconsiderate sister is getting attention as per usual and in this moment she has a reason to be upset that doesn't, in her eyes, make her look petty or jealous. She wants an excuse to be the one who is getting attention, which is very understandable, it's her wedding dress and her sister was rude to just take it. But even after the sister apologized and the picture is deleted she wants to drag it out and make it a bigger thing than it has any right to be.

You don't need a new dress, or to alter it. You need to address your feelings of inadequacy with yourself and remind yourself that you both have things of which you are jealous.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This lady has debt for a career shell probably never repay, wants to be with a teacher, while owning a farnhouse with several horses. Parents disowning her just sounds like smart financial planning really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

oh totally, which is why they're a pain in the rear end to own

but in op's words "My Gf has a house, a farm that's not habitable. It has to be renovated from scratch (and it can't be thrown to the ground because it's historical , so it can only be renovated)"

a house in that bad of condition in america either 1) wouldn't be registered for being too damaged, or 2) if notable enough to be registered despite the damage, wouldn't be within the price range of a law student or 3) is rural enough that it might be affordable, if not notable, but would certainly be outside of any historic district which would confer preservation status outside of a national list

so it's far more likely this is somewhere other than america where who knows how the historic preservation laws work but there are more likely to be historically signficant, falling apart properties within the probable budget of a law student with big dreams

So I'm wrong because I didn't make a bunch of assumptions I pulled out of my rear end, is what you're saying?

Got it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)