Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Real hurthling! posted:

i never played it but i believe crash team racing reviewed well and is fondly remembered

It was actually Crash Nitro Kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I admit that I have not played any Nintendo system after the Nintendo 64. I saw that Luigi meme, which one was that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I admit that I have not played any Nintendo system after the Nintendo 64. I saw that Luigi meme, which one was that

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I unlocked that clock guy in DKR because i'm a loving masochist

:cool::hf::aaa:

Im impressed, i tried but my brother had to do it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

I remember a Nintendo Power review of a Crash Bandicoot kart racer and you could tell the reviewers were high fiving each other when it turned out the game was poo poo and they could take a giant dump on it.

Which is impossible because there has never been a bad Crash Bandicoot kart racing game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

Which is impossible because there has never been a bad Crash Bandicoot kart racing game.

I could trust you, or I could trust Nintendo Power Magazine.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

1. Diddy Kong Racing
2. Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
3. Crash Team Racing
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Everything else

Mario Kart 64 doesn't have music in multiplayer :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like video games without even being paid to say I do.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CJacobs posted:

I like video games without even being paid to say I do.

You should be compensated for your labor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

1. Diddy Kong Racing
2. Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
3. Crash Team Racing
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Everything else

Mario Kart 8 is number 1

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My DKR cart must be hosed up because I tried to play it with friends the other day and none of the course music played. The music is the best part :(
The menu music played and music was turned up in the options.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Mario Kart 8 is number 1

ah... the xbox principle

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdq04wuBwU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHsKqQMeeI4

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I know you all love Jim Sterling so you might be pleased to know that Digital Homicide's $10m libel suit against him was dismissed with prejudice

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

I know you all love Jim Sterling so you might be pleased to know that Digital Homicide's $10m libel suit against him was dismissed with prejudice

Good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wonder if burrito galaxy will ever be finished

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

corn in the bible posted:

For many games with Pro patches the difference is literally just MSAA being on or off because the devs can't be bothered to do support for actual higher resolutions. If you're gonna watch 4k Blu-ray and stuff tho I guess it's a useful purchase

The Pro doesn't play 4k Blu ray.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I in fact do not like Jim Sterling but it's good that the idiot insane people got shut the hell down regardless.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/834560334899732480

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

I mean, why did he think Waluigi's nose is so discolored?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like, I get why you would oppose incremental upgrades on an ideological level, but... Upgrading the system that you have, and you know you like, and you know will play the games you already own, is not a stupid choice...

Going from ps4 to ps4pro is like buying a new video card. Pc gamers do it all the time. And and 400 dollars for a new video card is really not that steep.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ciaphas posted:

I unlocked that clock guy in DKR because i'm a loving masochist

I did it too. My first reaction was "oh, it wasn't that bad."

Then I remembered the last world and had a compulsive shudder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

Like, I get why you would oppose incremental upgrades on an ideological level, but... Upgrading the system that you have, and you know you like, and you know will play the games you already own, is not a stupid choice...

Going from ps4 to ps4pro is like buying a new video card. Pc gamers do it all the time. And and 400 dollars for a new video card is really not that steep.

But that is exactly why I have a console, so I don't have to worry about that crap

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snak posted:

Consoles exist as a platform based entirely on the idea of not doing that.

edit: Also nobody called it a stupid choice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Snak posted:

I don't care about a single thing that the PS4 Pro does better. Does the PS4 let me play the games? Yes. That's all I care about and so for me any amount of money spent on an upgrade would be a waste.

Plus it's a practice I personally don't want to encourage from companies, for all the good that'll do.

Also this

In Training posted:

But that is exactly why I have a console, so I don't have to worry about that crap

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 23, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I get that. Don't buy it.

I'm not gonna buy it cause I can't afford it. But ps4 does everything I want it to. And if the next ps4 does everything I want it to also, I will also buy it. I used ti be a pc gamer, but I was poor, and I will never again pay for parts that"might" or "kind of l" run a game. If I can pay for a console and every game released on that console will run on it, I am happy. I was never haooy with my pc.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

Consoles exist as a platform based entirely on the idea of not doing that.

edit: Also nobody called it a stupid choice

With the New 3DS, PS4Pro, and Scorpio, it looks like that principle is done, which sucks. Meanwhile, I own two of these things so I may in fact be part of the problem :smith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Have any of you played Absolver on PC? I understand it's coming to consoles soon. It looks cool. Also, tell me of Aragami.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

A question I never thought I'd see myself asking: is Farming Simulator 17 a good game? Does it have much of a progression or campaign?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bloodychill posted:

With the New 3DS, PS4Pro, and Scorpio, it looks like that principle is done, which sucks. Meanwhile, I own two of these things so I may in fact be part of the problem :smith:

I was gonna say, we're well past the point where people who had an original 3DS were having the new Pokemon game run at like single frame rates during big battles.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
You ever play a game too much and then keep playing it in your head for a little while after you stop? Happening to me with Picross lately. This game is too addictive.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im the only one shillin this game but the creepy castle ost is up on bandcamp yeaa

https://dopterra.bandcamp.com/album/creepy-castle-official-soundtrack

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bloodychill posted:

You ever play a game too much and then keep playing it in your head for a little while after you stop? Happening to me with Picross lately. This game is too addictive.

When I was going all out on Picross 3D Round 2 I had dreams about it sometimes it was weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

For many games with Pro patches the difference is literally just MSAA being on or off because the devs can't be bothered to do support for actual higher resolutions. If you're gonna watch 4k Blu-ray and stuff tho I guess it's a useful purchase

It's not because the Pro doesn't support 4K blurays

E: didn't read the next page

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bloodychill posted:

I refuse the believe the Scorpio is anything other than vapourware at the moment

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The PS4 Pro doesn't play 4K Blu-ray discs.

It's worth repeating.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

A question I never thought I'd see myself asking: is Farming Simulator 17 a good game? Does it have much of a progression or campaign?
I've occasionally watched people streaming that and it's got a few missions you can do, but most people never seem to care about them and just dick around forever. Though if you do some of the missions you can get some money for less effort than usual and use that for more farm toys

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think I perfer the humble bundle monthly to ps plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just subscribed this month to get Total Warhammer, when do you find out about the rest of the games

• Locked thread