Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

blue footed boobie posted:

Wengy is just such an odd case at this point.

He is a good 10-15 years older than most managers plus staying at the same club for so long with no breaks is bound to lead to a certain narrowmindedness in terms of playing style, coaching methods etc.
A new manager would bring new ideas to the table and get modern methods in place where they might be missing but they'd likely make different mistakes from Wenger due to lack of his experience (and skills).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FullLeatherJacket posted:

christ i'm old

i bet you don't even know who tony yeboah is

idk who that is unless this guy is called tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtQYsckLxk&t=64s

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

Legit can't tell if this is meant to be satire or not.

[...]

Not sure how it's related to your point either. The fans still turned up to Anfield during Hicks and Gillet's tenure, even if it was to shout abuse.

I'm going off of the commentary on RAWK, other fan sites, and the Liverpool reddit. I know there's a big gap between that audience and the more normal match going fans, but I feel like the usual "at least we're not where we were in 2010" sentiments have definitely died down and people seem pissed about the lack of winter transfers. People seem pissed, but admittedly that might just be a tiny number of very loud fans rather than a significant number. I feel like some pundits have felt comfortable going in an anti-Klopp direction too (like Hamann and to a lesser extent, Carragher).

My main point was that I don't know where the breaking point is. Fans get mad about the club but it takes a lot to get them to boycott to the point that owners will respond substantively. Even then, there's usually some fans wiling to take the place of those who decide not to go.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car posted:

I'm going off of the commentary on RAWK, other fan sites, and the Liverpool reddit. I know there's a big gap between that audience and the more normal match going fans, but I feel like the usual "at least we're not where we were in 2010" sentiments have definitely died down and people seem pissed about the lack of winter transfers. People seem pissed, but admittedly that might just be a tiny number of very loud fans rather than a significant number. I feel like some pundits have felt comfortable going in an anti-Klopp direction too (like Hamann and to a lesser extent, Carragher).

My main point was that I don't know where the breaking point is. Fans get mad about the club but it takes a lot to get them to boycott to the point that owners will respond substantively. Even then, there's usually some fans wiling to take the place of those who decide not to go.

I would think Blackburn would be a treatise on how little fan power actually exists these days

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just lol if you weren't born in the early 80s

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
rooney's agent sounded out chinese clubs for a move and they aren't interested lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Jose posted:

rooney's agent sounded out chinese clubs for a move and they aren't interested lol

That's not what most journos are saying. Rumors of £600k per week offered to him.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

PirateBob posted:

That's not what most journos are saying. Rumors of £600k per week offered to him.

Someone's itching for a new contract? And with his performances on the pitch, who could blame him?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

Someone's itching for a new contract? And with his performances on the pitch, who could blame him?

Oh shut up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ashley Young is being sized up by Chinese club Showdong Oncam

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

African AIDS cum posted:

Ashley Young is being sized up by Chinese club Showdong Oncam

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Cazorla will be out for the remainder of the season, and possibly August of next season.

Reminder that all of this started with Arsenal thinking he would be out for a few days.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Arsenal should replace their medical team and facilities with a guy who drives players to a&e.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fabianski hasn't been injured since he left Arsenal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

Fabianski hasn't been injured since he left Arsenal.

nor wilshere

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose posted:

nor wilshere

Except for that injury he picked up in the Man City game.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
isnt there a wilshere-sized gap in the unrevealed drugs bans?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Spangly A posted:

isnt there a wilshere-sized gap in the unrevealed drugs bans?

I thought that was a just a theory since he was out for a long time after some totally innocuous "muscle injury".

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/834851767682740224

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/834849797400064000

https://twitter.com/JamesHorncastle/status/834852914845851649

:staredog:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
he's been shafted by his players imo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol get hosed Leicester, now all reason to not hate you has finally disappeared

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

good

now I can watch leicester get relegated without mixed feelings

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

For fucks sake couldn't they wait until after our game

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The owners know the CL knockouts are over two legs, right?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/834855135004225537

RIP Pizzaman.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-leicester-city-and-claudio-ranieri-part-company-3591441.aspx

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
95% of the articles about his sacking are gonna use some pun on 'dilly dong'

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dilly Gone

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
That's idiotic. Now if they go down fans will blame the board.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Leicester should bring in Di Matteo and win the Champions League using incredibly negative tactics while simultaneously getting relegated.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Lol what a daft decision football is proper dead

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Soon Manchester City will no longer be the only ever reigning champions of England to be relegated

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What a pack of twats I hope they go down

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
classless wankers imo!!!!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Insanity. They were asking him if he'd stick with them if they got relegated when he interviewed for the job. Fans are not likely to forgive them for this unless the new manager (I assume they must have lined one up already because otherwise this really would be farcically stupid) turns things 180 immediately.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 23, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sacking Ranieri is insanely stupid

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/DeludedBrendan/status/834860674606039040

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blasmeister posted:

Insanity. They were asking him if he'd stick with them if they got relegated when he interviewed for the job. Fans are not likely to forgive them for this unless the new manager turns things 180 immediately.

Their league next match is against a club that drops a lot of points to relegation battlers year in and year out, so maybe this is a stroke of genius.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

What a bizarre decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I believe this is because football is a results business.

• Locked thread