Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

This is a result of people data-mining the game, right? So its possible its all DLC/special unlocks that Nintendo is going to role out as DLC packs?

Yes it's data mining. I suppose someone could imply a certain timeline position based on the items but there hasn't been anything story related revealed. It's only one person right now and they haven't shared story, just costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Anyone seen any new screenshots or video in the last couple weeks from the Wii U version? Looked around Youtube and Im still only seeing E3 stuff. Interested to see how much theyve brought it up to look like Switch (color pallets, brightness, distancing, stuff like that)

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
These leaks have been pretty much all the same, which is interesting. You'd expect more things to come out and do so relatively quickly.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Eiji Aonuma unboxing the European Breath of the Wild: Special Edition is hilarious. He does the Zelda sound effects when he actually opens the box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirsoK5Jwj4

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PerrineClostermann posted:

These leaks have been pretty much all the same, which is interesting. You'd expect more things to come out and do so relatively quickly.

The second the wiiu version leaks forget about it
The only reason it hasn't leaked is because I think they're not actually sending reviewer copies and I don't think you're able to preload it just yey

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It's really just one person with the game. The rest of the people claiming to have leaks are reposting their stuff. By the weekend someone else will get a leaked copy and the floodgates will open.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

The second the wiiu version leaks forget about it
The only reason it hasn't leaked is because I think they're not actually sending reviewer copies and I don't think you're able to preload it just yey

But the Wii U version did leak? I thought that was the version of the game people downloaded and started to data mine.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently the EUR version is on Nintendo's CDN, but encrypted. The leaks are coming from a dude who got an early physical copy, but apparently is too lazy to rip and upload, and won't spoil story details, last I heard.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

a dude who got an early physical copy, but apparently is too lazy to rip and upload

Posting some late-game equipment seems a far cry from putting an ISO on pirate bay 2 weeks early in terms of being on Nintendo's radar, I'd think.

e: I do remember someone in my dormitory having a hacked Wii 1 with Skyward Sword playable on it before the game was out in stores, maybe by a couple days or so?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do we know if there'll be a limit to how much stuff you can carry yet? Hoping there isn't so I can have apples for days, but I feel like there would be.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Spoilers, but Breath of the Wild is a fan sequel to Katamari Damacy. You carry everything.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electromax posted:

Posting some late-game equipment seems a far cry from putting an ISO on pirate bay 2 weeks early in terms of being on Nintendo's radar, I'd think.

e: I do remember someone in my dormitory having a hacked Wii 1 with Skyward Sword playable on it before the game was out in stores, maybe by a couple days or so?

I believe Skyward Sword had leaked about a week or two before release.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I believe Skyward Sword had leaked about a week or two before release.

Yup, it was up for download a little over a week before release.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys

im going to play and also enjoy this game

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

eonwe posted:

hey guys

:yeah:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
God I hope you get Magnesis and the time stop inertia accumulator abilities early on because you know loving with the physics is going to be half the reason this game makes GOTY

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I can't wait to dong some bobombos

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

eonwe posted:

hey guys

You sick bastard.

Nobody plays video games for fun anymore... you watch YouTube videos about it and bitch on forums while rolling your eyes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to enjoy this game so much i'll probably cry a lot playing it

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I'm really hoping this game recaptures that feeling from Zelda 1.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

It appears Amazon is on a Master Edition cancellation rampage.

NeoGAF thread

Reddit Thread

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Inverness posted:

That is what the series needs.

Or me, at least.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad I convinced myself I don't need that dumb sword when I was ordering. Sucks for the people who ordered the master edition and got cancelled since there aren't any physical zeldas left at Amazon.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Inverness posted:

I've waited over 20 years for them to return to the cryptic drop-in premise of Zelda 1 and here we finally are.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm most excited for the lack of 40 minute tutorial followed by two hours of heavily guided gameplay

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Tap your golden Mario amiibo to turn off the in game tutorials.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

I'm most excited for the lack of 40 minute tutorial followed by two hours of heavily guided gameplay

Here's some pants, here's a shirt, why not have a tree branch, get the gently caress out there

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Tap your golden Mario amiibo to turn off the in game tutorials.

Best use of an amiibo.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope the U version is fine like I figure it will be cause I'm sure not gonna get a Switch for a year or two.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

glassyalabolas posted:

NeoGAF thread

Reddit Thread

Please don't fail me BestBuy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Please don't fail me BestBuy.

It's already been sold on craigslist.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Dehry posted:

It's already been sold on craigslist.

I know BestBuy isn't doing well but they had to sell it on Craigslist? What a way for a company to go..

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I know BestBuy isn't doing well but they had to sell it on Craigslist? What a way for a company to go..

The joke seems to be that a ton of these "pre-orders" were purchased on ebay and craigslist by a third party at insane mark-ups and now tons of the pre-orders no longer exist.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pentyne posted:

The joke seems to be that a ton of these "pre-orders" were purchased on ebay and craigslist by a third party at insane mark-ups and now tons of the pre-orders no longer exist.

Are you talking about the Amazon preorders? I didn't even think about that. That's hilarious. How does eBay even handle something like that? Make the seller eat the fees?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Are you talking about the Amazon preorders? I didn't even think about that. That's hilarious. How does eBay even handle something like that? Make the seller eat the fees?

I think you just issue a refund and take a hit in eBay fees but those aren't that big anyway so it's not much of a loss.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cojawfee posted:

Technically they're not supposed to allow preorders as eBay prefers you actually physically have the item you're selling. Auctions could be killed or seller gets negative feedback if a refund is somehow not feasible and eat fees.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Completed Amazon listings that sold are showing around $300-350. People are going to be pissed.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://my.mixtape.moe/sxdjfz.webm

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I remember when I tried to replay twilight princess and had to deal with multiple children commenting on every style of sword strike you could do and going to the village and just uuuugggghhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

glassyalabolas posted:

NeoGAF thread

Reddit Thread

Holy poo poo. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the cancellation tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the loving gently caress did it get cancelled? This can't be happening. I'm having a loving breakdown. I don't want to believe Nintendo is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Nintendo to be the console leader and fix this cancelled preorder. I cannot loving deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought they were selling well in New York???? This is so hosed.

is a post on that reddit thread