Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

palecur posted:

So a weird thing just happened, and I wonder if it's just because of map mods squeezing the drop tables into a corner or an actual bug. Level 71 standard SSF witch, using the spell-echo unique wand to halve the time to reach cap of skeletons/SRS, +2 minion gems hat and +2 minion gems unique shield. In a map, I ran into Tora and went into the little submap to purge the diseased animals or whatever, and they dropped 17 rare Magistrate's Crowns. Like that's the only thing they could drop. Have other folks run into that kind of behavior? It seems insanely streaky to have happened by chance.

Its a rare bloodline mod called keeper of the trove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I kind of wonder when Increased Burning Damage (the support gem) will be buffed. Hilarious "increased" damage. Basically anything would do more damage in place of it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

palecur posted:

So a weird thing just happened, and I wonder if it's just because of map mods squeezing the drop tables into a corner or an actual bug. Level 71 standard SSF witch, using the spell-echo unique wand to halve the time to reach cap of skeletons/SRS, +2 minion gems hat and +2 minion gems unique shield. In a map, I ran into Tora and went into the little submap to purge the diseased animals or whatever, and they dropped 17 rare Magistrate's Crowns. Like that's the only thing they could drop. Have other folks run into that kind of behavior? It seems insanely streaky to have happened by chance.

Sometimes you'll really luck out and it'll be a large pack of small weak blue enemies that all drop jewelry or a good base armor.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

palecur posted:

I love these posts, and am glad they are coming back :shobon:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
It would be real fun if they buff Bitterdream. I was running red maps with Scorch > CwC > Vortex in BD on an Armor based Elementalist.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I don't know why I made these (I forgot to mute my mic and it's right next to my mouse sorry).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZgzhAubcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_rL6yyDX-Q

Ele hit viable??????

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Depending on the buffs, Ice Crash Facebreaker with The Surrender could be cool

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ultima66 posted:

I don't know why I made these (I forgot to mute my mic and it's right next to my mouse sorry).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZgzhAubcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_rL6yyDX-Q

Ele hit viable??????

You're a Pathfinder with a Doomfletch Prism, Dying Sun and Vinktar's. The basic attack would be viable for you...

...please record a run doing just the basic attack.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

You're a Pathfinder with a Doomfletch Prism, Dying Sun and Vinktar's. The basic attack would be viable for you...

...please record a run doing just the basic attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkXftN-6sU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Goddamn dude.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

~balance in all things~

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ahaha

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6D4bjY78Y0

:laffo:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
loving ghudda

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
hey why dont i fit in a star of wraeclast in there no prob

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Hey mind sending me a goon guild invite? name McFaceBeard

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
From a couple pages back but I enjoyed reading the convo so I'm here to answer.

Eezeee posted:

Ball Lightning is more fun than Blade Vortex imho.

DBK's char, since he had better equipment than me: https://www.pathofexile.com/account...illa/characters

And a video of the build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUq93L-r43I

Magus42 posted:

Could that be done as a non-pathfinder? I really don't enjoy the flask-based aspect of that ascendancy.

TheRat posted:

Can it even be done as pathfinder anymore? I feel like that video probably abuses the hell out of the old charge-on-crit mechanic

Yes it can still be done as Pathfinder. I tested it immediately after the patch on Shaper and all Guardians. Mechanically, the reason it still works is because if you remember the patch notes, they changed it so you can only gain a charge every 200ms. Well, Ball lightning can only hit the same target once every 200ms. So basically, every 200ms you have a 100% chance to gain 1 flask charge to a random flask instead of a 20%? (might have been 10%) chance on crit to gain a flask charge for every flask, which is how the ascendancy worked before. But, it was still every 200ms because that's part of Ball Lightning mechanics. Also, the reason I explained it versus a single target only is because that's literally all that matters. The build relies on Vinktars being up 100% of the time.

Believe it or not, the new surgeon's nodes felt like a slight buff to the build, and it was easier to keep 100% uptime, but I did have to manage my other flasks slightly better since only one gets a charge. You could play the build as another class but I'm going to go ahead and say it's pathfinder only. The two most important aspects were 100% vinktar up time for the 20% leech face tanking, and flask effectiveness combined with Dying Sun, which gave the build +3 Proj and a hilarious 45% increased AoE.

funmanguy posted:

DBK has phy to lightning in his ball lightning 6L. Its a character he played in essence and he has probably dicked around with it a little on standard. Being silly by swapping out controlled destruction for phy to light, probably to troll people like us who look at his build.

This guy loving gets me. Sadly though, it wasn't to troll you all, which brings me to the original quote. Phys to Light was in there because I bought a level 21 Blade Vortex to test out, and yes, I think BL is better than BV in every way; fun, damage, clear speed, etc.

Proper Links are: BL, echo, ele focus, crit chance, lightning pen and either slower proj, pierce, or faster proj. The last two are for clear speed, and I used pierce for a little bit before I got the godly gear cause I needed a little bit more multiplier which it gives over faster proj.

See you guys soon, I'm really hyped for legacy.

10bux fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 24, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

headhunter + skills zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Holyshoot posted:

headhunter + skills zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the headhunter really is just a diversion, and not needed for the "build"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the headhunter really is just a diversion, and not needed for the "build"

the star of wraeclast is crucial, though. don't neglect that.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Has anyone had much luck using Bloodlust in a build? I'm probably going to make a bleeding/explosion gladiator with varunastra and that uul-netul shield, and either a 5L defiance or BoR. I figure I have enough passive bleed from gladiator that I can reliably bleed things with counterattacks and shield charge. I'd probably be using Cyclone as my main melee ability. and perhaps a warchief totem for supplemental single target.

What's the best flask to get anti freeze on, or what other options to I have? I really would prefer to not have it on a life flask, but I'm at least using Lion's Roar and maybe the vulnerability aura one and I'd like a quicksilver flask of adrenaline. I'm probably fine with one life flask and then putting anti freeze on a basalt or something? Maybe I can use a taste of hate when I get rich, but that's not immunity.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Ugh, I'm feeling the PoE itch real bad now that I've narrowed down what build I'm gonna try and feel a strong urge to playtest leveling it (it's very not leveling friendly/extremely fiddly switching around stuff while leveling) but I just know if I do it any time before 2.6, I will completely burn out on that Normal/Cruel grind.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Insurrectionist posted:

Ugh, I'm feeling the PoE itch real bad now that I've narrowed down what build I'm gonna try and feel a strong urge to playtest leveling it (it's very not leveling friendly/extremely fiddly switching around stuff while leveling) but I just know if I do it any time before 2.6, I will completely burn out on that Normal/Cruel grind.
I've resorted to taking hits of Skyrim again to stave it off. But it's okay, I can stop any time I want!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It's even worse because my current rather weak laptop can't run a lot of games and currently there's nothing else I really feel like playing - my last like week has been just doing extra work or procrastinating on the forums/watching videos in my free time because I haven't had the urge to play anything. I've just ordered a new PC today and so I'm also really pumped about poo poo I'll finally be able to play once it arrives, but that won't be until over the weekend and until then I'm pretty much just stuck resisting the PoE urge.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Play nioh while you wait, I'm digging it. First time I've played a console game in years tbh.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Hauki posted:

Play nioh while you wait, I'm digging it. First time I've played a console game in years tbh.

If you like that and you already own a PS4, you should try Bloodborne.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

panda clue posted:

If you like that and you already own a PS4, you should try Bloodborne.

:agreed:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

panda clue posted:

If you like that and can invest 5 minutes to download DSCM and do whatever else makes it actually run on PC, play dark souls 1

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My last console was a SNES

Bought after N64 and PS were already out

Also finished every Souls game ages ago, second DS3 DLC is a big reason why I got a new PC now (it CAN play DS3...on all-low settings...720p...and it lags so bad I get kicked offline due to bad framerate in some areas).

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Well I just assume he's already played Dark Souls if he's playing Nioh. If not, then what are you doing :stonk: go play dark souls

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
We're even getting bonewheel skeletons in 3.0 in PoE... Then again dark souls stole them from berserk like everything else. But really dark souls is just "this world is hosed up and if you wanna be guts go for it"

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

panda clue posted:

Well I just assume he's already played Dark Souls if he's playing Nioh. If not, then what are you doing :stonk: go play dark souls

They both own

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Has anyone had much luck using Bloodlust in a build? I'm probably going to make a bleeding/explosion gladiator with varunastra and that uul-netul shield, and either a 5L defiance or BoR. I figure I have enough passive bleed from gladiator that I can reliably bleed things with counterattacks and shield charge. I'd probably be using Cyclone as my main melee ability. and perhaps a warchief totem for supplemental single target.

I've heard of people triggering the bleed via leap slam. I never thought of counterattacks contributing as well, that's a great idea.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Does anyone recall how much the corrupted essences cost at league start? Unfortunate that poe.ninja doesn't keep price history past a week for non-currency (and a month for currency).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ovenmaster posted:

Hey mind sending me a goon guild invite? name McFaceBeard

Done

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lurksion posted:

Does anyone recall how much the corrupted essences cost at league start? Unfortunate that poe.ninja doesn't keep price history past a week.
4-5 chaos a piece on BHC some two weeks after the start of the league, if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Was the "increased area" change really necessary? It doesn't really amount to a huge difference unless you are running some super gimmicky build. All it's really gonna do is make things less intuitive for new players, especially with regard to cone shaped area skills.

• Locked thread