Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I think if the top 5 contributors from QGJ swapped with the 5 most casual IGD folks, it would be more like T7/T7, T6/T6. Dark refreshment knocks out 30% of hpit for QGJ by himself.

Hell, a cracker jack pit crew isn't exactly a hard thing to pull together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

General Probe posted:

Need your 9 digit ally code brah

Oh snap, I thought that ID was my ally code. My mistake!

714-859-858

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Hell, a cracker jack pit crew isn't exactly a hard thing to pull together.

I agree. I'm just basing that assessment on the numbers I see in our raid. The top 5 guys put out dmg in the 2-3 million range. Everybody else is 500kish or less.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

fishtobaskets posted:

I agree. I'm just basing that assessment on the numbers I see in our raid. The top 5 guys put out dmg in the 2-3 million range. Everybody else is 500kish or less.

That's how it looks in IGD HPit too - the people posting the big numbers have good phase 1 teams and can be bothered with the time it takes to solo phase 1 and into phase 2. All of the people doing 2-3 million damage are doing the same 2-3 million damage, so it's misleading.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but thats all p1, and all redundant.

A team that solos p1 is attainable by anyone.

Teebo (GW)
TFP (Cantina)
QGJ (Cantina store)
Phasma (GW)
Ewok Elder (hard modes/guild store)

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Alright, with an hour left on the QGJ hAAT attempt stuck in P1 the top 10 hitters are the usual suspects for heavy hitters during our T6 runs

Dark Refreshment 409K
Gen Probe 380K
Wintermutant 253K
Pyrean 230K
buttsaucer 173K
Quellek Shakya 146K
SA Noodles 135K
3DGAYWORLD 123K
Tritomo 119K
TadashiSA 102K

Only 31 people out of 48 active during the raid got hits in so I think this is a good indicator of a pool of people to move to IGD based on who actually cares and is able to get a good run in. How many people does IGD need/want. Will anyone swap from, IGD to QGJ? Are there any GQJ members from that group who are opposed to moving to IGD?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We only had about 20-25 doing appreciable damage.

P2 is a whore, we concluded that we need to work on our droid squads.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I posted a link to a google doc with our haat damage. Not sure I did a final update, but we totally have 5-10 guys we should probably swap with qgj

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I've basically been really working up my HK/88/86/CN/JE squad for the past week to work on P2.

Longshoreman X
Aug 13, 2009

General Probe posted:

Need your 9 digit ally code brah

Sent you an ally invite, will invite to guild as soon as you accept.

Also, what is IGD membership currently? I want to do a postmortem on the QGJ hAAT attempt in an hour or two and talk about shuffling members so that instead of 2 guilds doing T7/T6 raids we can have one doing T7/T6 and one doing T7/T7.

Thanks! Accepted your ally invite.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

General Probe posted:

Alright, with an hour left on the QGJ hAAT attempt stuck in P1 the top 10 hitters are the usual suspects for heavy hitters during our T6 runs

Dark Refreshment 409K
Gen Probe 380K
Wintermutant 253K
Pyrean 230K
buttsaucer 173K
Quellek Shakya 146K
SA Noodles 135K
3DGAYWORLD 123K
Tritomo 119K
TadashiSA 102K

Only 31 people out of 48 active during the raid got hits in so I think this is a good indicator of a pool of people to move to IGD based on who actually cares and is able to get a good run in. How many people does IGD need/want. Will anyone swap from, IGD to QGJ? Are there any GQJ members from that group who are opposed to moving to IGD?

I think we would want/need all 10 of them to have any chance at hAAT, I'm sure we can make the tough choices on our side to trim down and swap people. I still think it won't be enough just yet, we need 25-30 good p2 squads that don't compromise p3 and p4 to get anywhere and we don't have half that right now with the current members.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, the QGJ hAAT I said we lack the depth of teams for P1 but probably have enough cover at P2 and maybe P3. I know I was holding my P2 and P3 teams to see if we had enough P1 cover elsewhere but at the moment it's a pretty clear no.

Out of those top 10 hitters how many threw away their rebels and whatnot? I was going off the guide in the OP 2nd post:

quote:

Tank Takedown Raid:
P1:
• Aayla, Anakin, Mace, QGJ, IGD (!)
• Aayla, Yoda, Anakin, QGJ, IGD
• IGD, Aayla, EE, Anakin, Phasma
• Teebo, EE, E Scout, Phasma, QGJ
P2:
• Wedge, Biggs, Lando, AA, STH
• Wedge, Biggs, Lando, GS, Phasma (!)
• HK, 88, 86, Poggle, JE
• HK, 88, JE, 86, Nebit (!)
• Nebit, Jawa, Engineer, Scavenger, Dathcha
• Lando, Phasma, Rey, STH, Anakin
P3:
• Chirpa, Palpatine, 3 Tanks
P4:
• Anakin, Ahsoka, IGD, Aayla, EE
• Rex, Jawa, Nebit, Scavenger, Dathcha
• HK, 86, Scavenger, Nebit, Engineer
• Rex, Cody, Fives, Sergeant, Echo
• AA, HRScout, Han Solo, Luke, Leia

So I had Wedge, Biggs, Lando, AA, STH & Palp+tanks unused just to see how little damage the rest of my guys could hit P1 for.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's not enough to just have these teams, they all really need to be GX+

I need so many loving fusion furnaces... Rancor hasn't given me salvage for it in weeks.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Yeah QGJ if you can't make P1 there's no way you will do P2. Hits harder and has 4x the HP, it makes P1 seem like a walk in the park.

So here's a list of IGD members and their P2 droid team gear levels, just to give an idea of how far away we are:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmAlUHW76s85Xso8QrA_buoMCe40wbXMiX7hzaKY6f0/edit#gid=0

This doesn't cover variations of droid teams and other teams that can do P2 (Clones, Zader, Resistance), so you can probably add 10% or so on top.

There's still a lot of gearing up we all need to do to stand a chance here, even if we take the best from QGJ It's not enough at this point...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Yeah QGJ if you can't make P1 there's no way you will do P2. Hits harder and has 4x the HP, it makes P1 seem like a walk in the park.

So here's a list of IGD members and their P2 droid team gear levels, just to give an idea of how far away we are:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmAlUHW76s85Xso8QrA_buoMCe40wbXMiX7hzaKY6f0/edit#gid=0

This doesn't cover variations of droid teams and other teams that can do P2 (Clones, Zader, Resistance), so you can probably add 10% or so on top.

There's still a lot of gearing up we all need to do to stand a chance here, even if we take the best from QGJ It's not enough at this point...

That's a really nice spreadsheet. Glad to know I'm on the right track - gonna work on getting Nebit up to 9 now that JE is at 9.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
As soon as I get this sith/emp team all geared up I will take nebit and je to x at least and I am farming(normal) speed secondarys for them now so I should be able to push the p2 damage up some. Rebels are all x other than quackbar, so I have a p(3?) team 85% there. Tab is also gearing up a dark side team and finishing gx on her rebels. So we should get some bigger numbers going again soon.

Darth maul is loving amazing in gw, a few speed mods and crit damage set make him basically able to solo any noon baze/chiurrut/gk team you find in gw. And his ship :eyepop: stealth all but fives and give him retribution yes please.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Every loving droid is waiting on a fusion furnace

:negative:

As is my Darth Maul... and guess who's getting it next!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I've been putting it off due to working on ships, but now that those are mostly in good(ship) shape, I'm getting back to the stun cuff grind for Jedi Knight Anakin. I've got a furnace ready to go, but I'm going to wait to see how my Sith do in Places of Power. If it will help, I'll get Darth Maul another gear level, otherwise I'll just keep working on Jedi. Hopefully less then a month away from Qui-Gon's Zeta!

Since most of my Sith need Droid Callers instead of Fusion Furnaces, I think I'll work on them concurrently with the Jedi. If I can work on Nihilus a bit, he should be a pretty great leader for Galactic War, if nothing else. If I can work on the Sith more, I'll have to give them a try in Arena, too.

I've also got to start seriously farming mods, but I think I'll get another star level for Aayla, first. Scoundrels are in a decent spot, so I'll probably work on Crit Chance mods, though I can't quite get through without losing someone. Of course, I could get some Defense mods, too, because Jedi. Should I farm those, or should I just stick to Health/Crit Chance?

https://swgoh.gg/u/taranwanderer/

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

General Probe posted:

Are there any GQJ members from that group who are opposed to moving to IGD?

Nah, I'm cool either way. I'm still working on building up my AAT teams though, I just need to quit letting myself get sidetracked.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Yeah I have been busy working on rebels/empire/sith so my droids are just 7* level 1 gear 1....but i have full g11 rebels and g11 empire now. I am working chirpa up next to finish my phase 3 team (chirpa/emp/sunfac/rg/sth)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I actually meant to join qgj but got into igd so I'll jump ship. Just lemme know when y'all are ready.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

KingOfTheTramps posted:

This is an awesome list. It's really helpful to visualize it like that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

This is an awesome list. It's really helpful to visualize it like that.

I was giving thought to doing something like this to see where we're at.

But then goons happened.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have been working my P1 team. Should I abandon that and focus on P2 for now? For IGD

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I have been working my P1 team. Should I abandon that and focus on P2 for now? For IGD

Yeah, get your droids/Zader/Clones going.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Inspired by that useful spreadsheet, I am building a little webapp that will scrape your swgoh.gg page and tell you how good your teams are. As part of that, I need to know which AAT teams are best, and what characters are best on them. For example, which Jedis are actually the best for the Jedi team?

Here are the teams I have so far. The format is name, possible leaders, possible members.

code:
HAAT_teams = {
'P1': [
Team('Jedi', ['Ima-Gun Di', 'Aayla Secura', 'Jedi Knight Anakin'],
    ['Ima-Gun Di', 'Aayla Secura', 'Jedi Knight Anakin', 'Qui-Gon Jinn', 'Luminara Unduli', 
    'Barriss Offee', 'Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)', 'Mace Windu', 'Jedi Consular', 'Grand Master Yoda',
    'Ahsoka Tano', 'Eeth Koth']),
],
'P2': [
Team('Droids', ['HK-47'],
    ['IG-88', 'IG-86 Sentinel Droid', 'Jawa Engineer', 'Chief Nebit', 'IG-100 MagnaGuard', 'General Grievous']),
Team('Zader', ['Darth Vader'],
    ['Boba Fett', 'TIE Fighter Pilot', 'Count Dooku', 'Darth Maul', 'Darth Sidious']),
],
'P3': [
Team('Chirpatine', ['Chief Chirpa'],
    ['Emperor Palpatine', 'Sun Fac', 'Royal Guard', 'Stormtrooper Han', 'Poe Dameron']),
],
'P4': [
Team('Rebels', ['Wedge Antilles'],
    ['Biggs Darklighter', 'Lando Calrissian', 'Han Solo', 'Admiral Ackbar', 'Stormtrooper Han', 'Baze Malbus', 'Scarif Rebel Pathfinder', 'Chirrut Imwe', 'Princess Leia']),
Team('Clones', ['CC-2224 "Cody"'],
    ['CT-5555 "Fives"', 'CT-21-0408 "Echo"', 'Clone Sergeant - Phase I', 'Princess Leia', 'CT-7567 "Rex"']),
],
}
Any suggestions? I know the Zader team isn't quite right, I wanted to try to list a team that didn't have palp to avoid overlaps, which I probably also need to build into the tool.

For fun, here is the current output for me:

quote:

Best match for team Jedi:
Ima-Gun Di 7* L85 G8
Aayla Secura 7* L85 G10
Jedi Knight Anakin 7* L85 G9
Qui-Gon Jinn 7* L85 G11
Luminara Unduli 7* L85 G10

Best match for team Droids:
HK-47 7* L85 G9
IG-88 7* L85 G10
Jawa Engineer 7* L85 G9
Chief Nebit 7* L85 G8
IG-100 MagnaGuard 6* L43 G4

Best match for team Zader:
Darth Vader 7* L85 G11
Boba Fett 7* L85 G11
TIE Fighter Pilot 7* L85 G11
Count Dooku 7* L85 G10
Darth Maul 7* L85 G10

Best match for team Chirpatine:
Chief Chirpa 7* L85 G9
Emperor Palpatine 7* L85 G11
Sun Fac 7* L85 G11
Royal Guard 7* L85 G10
Stormtrooper Han 7* L85 G9

Best match for team Rebels:
Wedge Antilles 7* L85 G11
Biggs Darklighter 7* L85 G11
Lando Calrissian 7* L85 G11
Han Solo 7* L85 G10
Admiral Ackbar 7* L85 G9

Best match for team Clones:
CC-2224 "Cody" 7* L85 G11
CT-5555 "Fives" 7* L85 G10
CT-21-0408 "Echo" 7* L85 G10
Clone Sergeant - Phase I 7* L85 G10
Princess Leia 7* L85 G10

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
This is a good read that goes a bit more in depth as to the why of various setups.

https://swgohindepth.com/heroic-aat-prep-guide/

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
KT is a baller for that spreadsheet. Also those % are of course situational, it has my team rated for 3% but I was able to do 4-4.5% consistently so good micro can bring those numbers up. But yea when you see that only 4 of us have an average gear lvl of X+, there's lots of work to do before we get the balls again to try. And that's not even taking mods into account!

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Part 2 of the upcoming QoL patch (march probably):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94451/upcoming-quality-of-life-game-improvements-part-2#latest

Highlights are challenges giving better rewards and including all the gear from the tier below, basic attack only auto battle mode and GW giving ship currency.

oops wrong forum posted:

KT is a baller for that spreadsheet. Also those % are of course situational, it has my team rated for 3% but I was able to do 4-4.5% consistently so good micro can bring those numbers up. But yea when you see that only 4 of us have an average gear lvl of X+, there's lots of work to do before we get the balls again to try. And that's not even taking mods into account!

Yeah that's just the way I have the % tiers set up, a rough estimate at best. If you had .2 higher avg. gear it would put you at 5%, which is closer to where you're at. Mods obviously make a huge difference but it's such a PITA to swap them between teams, I don't blame anyone for not doing that.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

KingOfTheTramps posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94451/upcoming-quality-of-life-game-improvements-part-2#latest

Highlights are challenges giving better rewards and including all the gear from the tier below, basic attack only auto battle mode and GW giving ship currency.

Did they hire a new dev team? These QoL improvements are absolutely perfect. And extreme common sense improvements...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Yeah that's just the way I have the % tiers set up, a rough estimate at best. If you had .2 higher avg. gear it would put you at 5%, which is closer to where you're at. Mods obviously make a huge difference but it's such a PITA to swap them between teams, I don't blame anyone for not doing that.

quote:

When the final tier is simmable for all Character Challenges, a multi-sim button is available to sim all available challenges at once. (Timers still apply)

So... I guess I don't understand what this is changing?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

You can Sim all the different challenges simultaneously every ten minutes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Did they hire a new dev team? These QoL improvements are absolutely perfect. And extreme common sense improvements...

It's basically... a lot of the things the community has been screaming for since launch.

If we could just get Helmet on the clone troopers, we'd e in fuckin' bidness.

CaptainPsyko posted:

You can Sim all the different challenges simultaneously every ten minutes.

ooooooooooooooooh

yeah that's gonna make Sundays easier.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 23, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I can't believe I stayed in a guild clearing Rancor once a week lol

I'm swimming in guild creds since making the switch

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

On Sunday, you can press one button and sim all six challenges at once.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

I can't believe I stayed in a guild clearing Rancor once a week lol

I'm swimming in guild creds since making the switch

Welcome, Padawan.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That's some nice stuff, however the feature that calls for QoL improvements the most is mods.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Any mention of overhauling the buff/debuff display system? With my empire team it gets a bit ridiculous and at certain camera angles its hard to tell who has which debuffs as they all overlap.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's some nice stuff, however the feature that calls for QoL improvements the most is mods.

They're letting you single-button-push upgrade a mod to a specific level.

Cactus posted:

Any mention of overhauling the buff/debuff display system? With my empire team it gets a bit ridiculous and at certain camera angles its hard to tell who has which debuffs as they all overlap.

It would be cool to have the current highlighted target's debuff overlay get priority on the game display. I wonder if they're gonna do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

It would be cool to have the current highlighted target's debuff overlay get priority on the game display. I wonder if they're gonna do that.

Or just have a little x3, x4, x5 above them all. Vader especially needs this.