Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
It's my last semester here, and sure enough, I have once again managed to get assigned to the dumbest human beings, that will still somehow earn a degree, in all of my classes, with one exception.

One dude is actually pretty smart and shows engagement, we've established a pretty good rapport and do the majority of the strategic decision while the two chicks in our team plan how to get lit and laid, and one dude just tries to consume oxygen without incurring bodily harm.

Fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Accounting is a pretty decent program to get into as far as job prospects and median income out of college go. It's just a lot of information to retain and a lot of nuances. I would probably have a 4.73927473937 GPA if I was doing some liberal arts poo poo and just spent my days writing papers.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's my last semester here, and sure enough, I have once again managed to get assigned to the dumbest human beings, that will still somehow earn a degree, in all of my classes, with one exception.

One dude is actually pretty smart and shows engagement, we've established a pretty good rapport and do the majority of the strategic decision while the two chicks in our team plan how to get lit and laid, and one dude just tries to consume oxygen without incurring bodily harm.

Fun.

I think we might be lab partners. You just described my physics lab to the T

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
It goons, how hard was it to get your MTA? One of the degree programs I am looking at has that as a requirement. The CG has an online sudy guide and I am nine chapters in and it apears to be computers for dummies with some bits about powershell thrown in. Im not sure how to word what im asking, basicly whats involved? Im a diesel mechanic by trade and have not messed with computers much since high school other than building rigs for gaming.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Here we go, second exam today, and this is the miserable math-heavy one. :toot:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That went way too well. Now I'm worried. :stare:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear posted:

That went way too well. Now I'm worried. :stare:

gently caress you get that feeling too?

I just finished some auditing homework that I legit thought would take me several hours but only took me maybe ten minutes. Now I'm thinking I hosed it up royally. And this happens every time an assignment seems easy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, fairly often. The terrible thing is that sometimes that gut feeling turns out to be right and sometimes it's not. I can't tell. :psyduck:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i have a professor who loves to give backhanded compliments. i'm not sure she realizes that they are backhanded and i am 100% sure she means well, but telling me "i really admire someone coming back to school when they are almost 30" is both a compliment and a reminder that i'm almost loving 30.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

TBeats posted:

i have a professor who loves to give backhanded compliments. i'm not sure she realizes that they are backhanded and i am 100% sure she means well, but telling me "i really admire someone coming back to school when they are almost 30" is both a compliment and a reminder that i'm almost loving 30.

I get a lot of that from my classmates. "but you don't seem like, ooooooold..."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
So you want a safe space?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

Mine is the vet lounge but I'm starting to get annoyed by the other vets. None of them know how to use the twist ties that come on the bagels from Costco.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I have a really cool expository writing professor who is a super liberal/borderline communist, extremely pro-troops, and anti-war. 1/3rd of the class has dropped because she stresses the poor new college students out by just bluntly telling them when they're writing like garbage. She just insults the poo poo out of anyone who doesn't keep up on day to day current events, and people who shirk their public duties like voting, jury duty, etc. also get the verbal slam down.

I've not had a lot of college classes, but I'm willing to say it is probably one of the best classes that I will ever end up paying for just for the fact that she takes poo poo from no one, isn't afraid to hurt feelings, and actually gives very specific critique for any mistakes that are made.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I think I lucked out on professors this semester. Today my friend was bitching about her orgo professor, and everything I've heard about him so far leads me to believe that he's got each and every one of his students on his poo poo list. The professor who was giving my first exam today brought in donut holes. No complaints from me!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My safe space is my car where I smoke robot dick.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Soulex posted:

I smoke robot dick.
:raise:

oh

still

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris posted:

No. I think she's funny though.

Like how she always and only calls on the Asian kids to check her math for her.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robot dick is amazing. Get on the hype train!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I don't know which is more shameful: vaping or admitting that you vape.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's only good if you're using it to try to quit smoking. Otherwise you're a robot dick smoking cyberdouche.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

It's only good if you're using it to try to quit smoking. Otherwise you're a robot dick smoking cyberdouche.

I'd rather die of cancer than live with the indignity of blowin 'bots

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My robot dick is exclusively used for :420:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Pesticide20 posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

Ya know how there's always an exception to the rule?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ya know how there's always an exception to the rule?

I wasn't stating it's the rule here, just what I do. :shrug:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

I wasn't stating it's the rule here, just what I do. :shrug:

Nah, I mean vaping is lame as hell, unless you're smoking pot with it, because then it doesn't make the surrounding quarter mile smell like a burning tire factory.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I don't know which is more shameful: vaping or admitting that you vape.

I only vape weed because I pass out coughing too hard from smoking.

You got a problem with that you can suck my dick.

I like slow and gentle with a build up to fast and hard. No teeth.

Edit: the other vape is meh. I don't need nicotine or whatever. However, I can make my own THC ejuice and have a box mod so people think I'm a tool already.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

You know, as negative as I am about my class mates, some of them are really cool people that will eventually grow into wonderful functioning adults.

I had lunch with two of my friends-who-are-girls this afternoon. I offered advice on finding a good lease and lent my ear to gossip about boys. It was really enjoyable and I wish I took more time to get to know the people around me. One kid in my lab was really stressed about general life stuff so we shared a cigarette and just talked for a while outside. Tears were shed and hugs were given. It's just been a really nice enriching day.

I also use robococks for weed exclusively.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

If you aren't turning that vaped weed into edibles after you are missing out.

It's like using it twice which is really helpful and cost efficient.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I genuinely thought "vibrator" up there, I've never heard robot dick for those vape things.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Soulex posted:

I only vape weed because I pass out coughing too hard from smoking.

You got a problem with that you can suck my dick.

I like slow and gentle with a build up to fast and hard. No teeth.

Edit: the other vape is meh. I don't need nicotine or whatever. However, I can make my own THC ejuice and have a box mod so people think I'm a tool already.

:rolleyes:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My only positive experience with another vet in undergrad was in a National Security Policy 100ish class where the final was basically NatSec D&D. He rolled President, I was his National Security Advisor and the loudmouth armchair leftist who dominated classroom discussion was SecState.

He took great care to let State drone on for the observing professor before cutting him off with a curt "Noted. Let's bomb them." I presume the professor gave as a little of a shot about the elective as we did because we still got As after invading Vietnam, Iran and British Columbia.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Those Canadians had it coming

https://youtu.be/J0R5DTHcmGU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There's a vet in one of my classes that has: CADPAT wallet (the kind with loud velcro), tactical binder case with waterproof paper, 24 hour pack (with pouches on the MOLLE) for his schoolbag, and patches of all kinds on everything.

It reminds me of the Gear Queer thread we had here.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

There's a vet in one of my classes that has: CADPAT wallet (the kind with loud velcro), tactical binder case with waterproof paper, 24 hour pack (with pouches on the MOLLE) for his schoolbag, and patches of all kinds on everything.

It reminds me of the Gear Queer thread we had here.

I knew a guy that had a similar set up, turns out his wife got it all for him as a gift and he just went with it because he didn't wanna upset her. He was a former AF admin guy so it was extra embarrassing for him

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

I knew a guy that had a similar set up, turns out his wife got it all for him as a gift and he just went with it because he didn't wanna upset her. He was a former AF admin guy so it was extra embarrassing for him

This man knows what it takes to have a happy marriage.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Happy wife happy life.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just took a test in my business calc class where my teacher used me for a problem dealing with interest rates and solving for monthly payments. Test version of me bought a house at a high rate and huge mortgage payments as a result. After solving I wrote that he should've had me buying a Camaro instead.

Edit: he knows I'm a vet because we talked about my dick art book after class one day.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hell yea, today had an uncomfortable confrontation with another vet who was screaming people are pussies and that all Mexicans are criminals, Arabs make him uncomfortable and he wishes he was back where he could just just kill them, and a bunch of other real lovely stuff backed up by "if you weren't over there you don't know". Professors intervened and he apologized, one professor is still reporting the incident to the dean of his program.

What program is he in, you ask?

Why, criminal justice, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Guy was acting like a total dick, but I feel really bad for him. Hope he can adjust.

Unless of course he's one of those guys who never deployed/did poo poo and uses his military experience to justify his hate. gently caress those guys.