Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
NFC north facts

since Brett favre joined the packers in 92, playoff appearances: lions-8. packers-19. vikes 13. bears-5.

the bears loving suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tom Brady knows who Gary Oak is. Truly, he is my quarterback

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://imgur.com/hDkGhty

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nodoze posted:

Tom Brady knows who Gary Oak is. Truly, he is my quarterback

Lol if you think Tom Brady runs or comes up with the ideas for his social media account

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Martellus Bennett is getting into arguments with Twitter trolls. Strongly hints that he's looking for cash or might not play at all, which is of surprise to absolutely no one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Martellus Bennett is getting into arguments with Twitter trolls. Strongly hints that he's looking for cash or might not play at all, which is of surprise to absolutely no one.

Yeah I mean what the gently caress else is there.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can someone explain to me the bears' logic behind trying to trade cutler now after all but flying a plane over halas hall saying they will cut him and any team can sign him cheaper

Because he actually has a very reasonable contract for a starting quarterback. If you are thinking of pursuing him in free agency, you are paying him at least $10m a year for multiple years. This also means that you are going to have to give him guaranteed money that will tie you to him for multiple years.

If you give up a 6th rounder for him though, you guarantee his salary this year, but can cut him after any offseason for the next four years at an average starter salary. Having a pay as you go QB with no need to commit long term has to be nice.

Of course, you still have to pay him $16m this year. :v:

If I were planning on targeting him in FA, I would just swap picks and make it happen.

Hell, that idea of trading Cutler for Brock and a mid round pick is actually brilliant. As long as you also sign Glennon or someone to compete. I'm surprised Cleveland isn't offering that.

I suspect the only reason something like that wouldn't happen is because Houston doesn't want to look stupid. So they'll trot out Brock another season to show how not stupid they are. :v:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

What I love is when people, especially the "NFL media" frames it as "get paid by the man", not realizing that he doesn't take away money from the owners/teams but really just the other players in the NFL, who ruin their bodies and health at the same rate he is.

I wonder which desperate team will sign him for top TE money though.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can someone explain to me the bears' logic behind trying to trade cutler now after all but flying a plane over halas hall saying they will cut him and any team can sign him cheaper

The big benefit for any team that trades for him is that they get his contract too, which has no guaranteed money left on it, which means you can kick the tire at a very reasonable rate by starting QB standards (12,5m + 2,5m roster bonus in 2017). If they cut him it's reasonable to expect that he will get at least 30m in signing bonus/guaranteed money given how much Osweiler made last year.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I mean what the gently caress else is there.

Check, money order, direct deposit.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If you pay a player in bitcoins it doesn't count against the salary cap

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Only Darren McFadden

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

teams start drafting Georgia Tech players at absurd rates

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Julian Edelman responded to Brady's suspect board, which included him:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0x39UBjPq/?taken-by=edelman11

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jameis Winston posted:

But the ladies, they're supposed to be silent, polite, gentle. My men, my men (are) supposed to be strong. I want y'all to tell me what the third rule of life is: I can do anything I put my mind to. Scream it!

:ohdear:

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 23, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
jesus christ gently caress off jameis

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did he really say gentile

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:stonk:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cavauro posted:

hahahaha

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He said that to a bunch of grade-schoolers :xd:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

nope, that's my bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

He said that to a bunch of grade-schoolers :xd:

https://youtu.be/SiFoE7LrwtM

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Print the shirts?

https://twitter.com/darrenheitner/status/834775215997583360

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Winston still sucks.

https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/834775922448429057

E: beaten

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sounds about right.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My men are beautiful boys....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kalli posted:

nope, that's my bad.

that badly sucks so i'm just going to pretend he did

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

World class athlete Tom Brady: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ26HsGB635/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Tom's making a bunch of dad jokes while getting to the bottom of this case. Also yes, Pokemon is dad jokes now.

I don't see any pokemon...

That think in the top left is Swiper from Dora the Explora.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I don't see any pokemon...

That think in the top left is Swiper from Dora the Explora.

I googled the anime guy on the bottom left and confirmed he's from Pokemon.

It's a good reminder that no matter your station in life, you will sit down with your kids and watch Pokemon and Air Bud movies.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Jameis Winston, maybe doesn't respect women? Why I never.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Christ, while I appreciate his love for South Park, please don't break your neck (or any other bone) while skiing.

Edit: I really hope that's just a friend of Tom and not the GOAT himself cause cripes, don't do that a week after saying "I got it figured out, I can't get injured".

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 23, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I googled the anime guy on the bottom left and confirmed he's from Pokemon.

It's a good reminder that no matter your station in life, you will sit down with your kids and watch Pokemon and Air Bud movies.

Nice.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GaussianCopula posted:

Christ, while I appreciate his love for South Park, please don't break your neck (or any other bone) while skiing.

Or do. Either way works.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

If you can't handle a fall like that you shouldn't be skiing at all. That's not a bad fall, he's going to fall forward and slide for a bit on the downslope. Its just going to be sort of unpleasant.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

I know it sounds lame to know that I would've stopped being a Titans fan if they had drafted Winston, but it's poo poo like this.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I can legit say I have never sat down with my kids and watched Pokemon or Air Bud. I did watch one of the awul "Whatever Buddies" movie once when they were littles, but never again. I did just introduce them to Princess Bride last movie night and I feel like that was a parent win.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A few Buffalo reporters have been noting how little information they have about what's going on with Tyrod and how few leaks have been coming out of the front office this offseason. It's just strange, I wonder what could have changed.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

fsif posted:

A few Buffalo reporters have been noting how little information they have about what's going on with Tyrod and how few leaks have been coming out of the front office this offseason. It's just strange, I wonder what could have changed.

The guy who never could should up and his brother were fired, that's what happened.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

The guy who never could should up and his brother were fired, that's what happened.

Oh thanks. That's a good connection that I didn't make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Don't Care Bear super no longer cares...

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/jay-cutler-reportedly-considering-retirement

quote:

"There's no guarantee Cutler even plays in 2017, one of several veterans who are still considering whether they want to play or not play, retire, walk away. A lot of things at play here for Jay Cutler."

Host Dan Hellie immediately followed up, asking for clarification on the retirement part.

"It is a consideration; it's something he's confided in people," Rapoport said. "But Dan, I would say, it's not a surprise for quarterbacks this age. We've heard [Ben] Roethlisberger talk about it; we've heard Tony Romo talk about it. If it's not perfect, if he can't find the team he wants or the contract he wants, it's very easy for Jay Cutler to walk away."

• Locked thread