Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't buy avatars but I might for someone saying Uncharted 4 is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't buy avatars but I might for someone saying Uncharted 4 is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlDwEZkidI

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't watch Youtube videos of weird looking white men unless it has the word "FAILS" in the title.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's a really good policy, honestly.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

I don't watch Youtube videos of weird looking white men unless it has the word "FAILS" in the title.

I feel like with most weird looking white guys in YouTube videos the word is at least implied

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Your title isn't that bad Lurdiak

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't watch YouTubes over a minute unless there a McElroy in it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

I don't watch YouTubes over a minute unless there a McElroy in it.

:yeah:

Except also the ten hour long versions of music from water levels in video games that are nice to put on while you sleep

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Except also the ten hour long versions of music from water levels in video games that are nice to put on while you sleep

I'm going to make one of those where after 17 minutes it starts the Sonic drowning music.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

One time I put on a one hour version of one of those and I apparently had switched youtube autoplay on because I was woken up by slowbeef screaming at a kickstarter.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you said Uncharted 4 was bad you deserved whatever you got for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

If you said Uncharted 4 was bad you deserved whatever you got for it.

Your secret's out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, if I had to choose between getting a tattoo and death I'd genuinely have to consider it for a few moments.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tattoos are cool.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

Tattoos are cool.

Hell Yeah tattoos are cool

VV Comics are cool.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 22, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

itt people who post about comics online discuss what is cool.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ghostlight posted:

itt people who post about comics online discuss what is cool.

I like comic books.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Meh. Comics were cool when it was only me reading them but now they have sold out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

Meh. Comics were cool when it was only me reading them but now they have sold out.

Go digital, man, they never sell out!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

Go digital, man, they never sell out!

Reminds me one of the LCBS nearby recently closed down so a lot of their customers are now going to my shop and buying up everything before I remember to request the titles be put in my hold box. Already missed out on Kamandi Challenge. I guess digital is the answer to avoid other comic shoppers.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

Reminds me one of the LCBS nearby recently closed down so a lot of their customers are now going to my shop and buying up everything before I remember to request the titles be put in my hold box. Already missed out on Kamandi Challenge. I guess digital is the answer to avoid other comic shoppers.

Avoiding other people is the way to go.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Other people are bad

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I like comic books.

LoL, look at this nerd.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Jumping back several pages to Rhyno's shop chat, I can't say I'm surprised. I didn't buy any DC superhero titles for years but decided Rebirth was an opportunity to give them an honest shot. Months later, I'm still reading most of the titles I gave a shot to (dropped Deathstroke and Superwoman) and am greatly enjoying the fun heroes being heroes storytelling free from event bullshit.

My Marvel pull list has been reduced to one book - Spidey 2099 - that I buy because I'm a 2099 completist and because the book has gone 20+ issues without a revamp/reset. I have friends who still pick up titles and I tried to keep up for a bit by reading the stuff they get, but now I've lost the enthusiasm to care about any of these characters and what they're up to. It was just a crappy event, but somehow the residual effect of Civil War 2 is that I dislike most of these characters and don't care at all what happens to them.

I wish Marvel had a solution rather than more events and blatantly overshipping books to manipulate sales charts.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

Hey so I don't mean to be dramatic but I'm gonna take a break from posting for awhile. IDK if I really wanna come back but rn I'm just not in a good headspace for all the poo poo I've got with SA and it just freaks me out and makes me uncomfortable.

So, bit of a vacation, gonna clear my head, decide later. Take care yall.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:pwn:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I guess there was a whole big thing in adtrw and qcs about giving her a perma over the last few days

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There was a thread in QCS about her which is the reason both for that and presumably why she left beforehand.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

I guess there was a whole big thing in adtrw and qcs about giving her a perma over the last few days

And we're all better off now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bullying is super cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Bullying is super cool.

she posted about pedophilia and incest being super cool, i dont think wanting her banned is bullying

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endorph posted:

she posted about pedophilia and incest being super cool, i dont think wanting her banned is bullying

That's not what she said and you know it. If Lowtax wants to ban her that's his deal, but forming a coalition to get her banned and doing the usual baby drama of trying to act like there's FORUM DOUBLE STANDARDS when she's not banned immediately is some pathetic, mean spirited poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

That's not what she said and you know it. If Lowtax wants to ban her that's his deal, but forming a coalition to get her banned and doing the usual baby drama of trying to act like there's FORUM DOUBLE STANDARDS when she's not banned immediately is some pathetic, mean spirited poo poo.
dude, she was banned seven times for incest and pedophilia poo poo, and then for some reason wasn't perma'd even though she kept posting in basically the same weird way and refused to ever apologize or admit fault for the weird poo poo she said. people didn't form some sort of dread coalition to get them run off the forum because we didn't like her, i talked to her extensively on adtrw and honestly didn't even mind her weird tone or general demeanor, it was when she started going off about incest, pedophilia, and fascism that i started disliking her. because she was going on about incest, pedophilia, and fascism. we wanted her banned because she posted about incest, pedophilia, and fascism as good, defensible things.

if you think wickedhate was some pure angel who the forums are worse off without, go autoban yourself in protest or something. personally, im glad the person who thinks nazi bookburnings were good and justified is banned.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rip, I guess. Probably for the best for everyone even if the hyperbole surrounding WickedHate was pretty ridiculous a lot of the time.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

wickedhate kept trying to pull off how great fascism would be, wouldn't it and man in this political climate, good loving riddance

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endorph posted:

if you think wickedhate was some pure angel who the forums are worse off without, go autoban yourself in protest or something. personally, im glad the person who thinks nazi bookburnings were good and justified is banned.

No, I think she was a mentally ill person doing their best to not let their mental illness define them. SA was probably not a great environment for that and it might be a good thing that she was banned, but being lovely to her or trying to paint her as some kinda pedophile nazi is just being an rear end in a top hat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Always ban nazis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Lurdiak posted:

No, I think she was a mentally ill person doing their best to not let their mental illness define them. SA was probably not a great environment for that and it might be a good thing that she was banned, but being lovely to her or trying to paint her as some kinda pedophile nazi is just being an rear end in a top hat.

I don't know about the pedo thing, but she was most definitely a nazi

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

lurdiak she legit kept propagating fascism like every space off and on this site, there's mental illness and then there's being a fascist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

im mentally ill too and i manage not to post about pedophilia and nazis and frankly it's kind of disgusting that you dont' give the mentally ill the dignity of responsibility for their own actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FutureFriend posted:

lurdiak she legit kept propagating fascism like every space off and on this site, there's mental illness and then there's being a fascist

Ok well that does sound lovely.

• Locked thread