Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Griffin is the best DM ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At this point I thought aliens were on the table, but nothing could've prepared me for Barry! :psyduck:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Apologies if it's been gone over already, but is there a special Seeso promo code that I can key in to let the NBAs know that I'm doing this for my good good boys?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
aHHhh i'm at the commercial break and what the gently caress.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You ain't heard nothing yet

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

drat, I knew that everyone would come out of Wonderland with something missing, but poor Magnus

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Fierce Brosnan posted:

There should be a podcast where the irritating voice from The Flophouse and the irritating voice from Pop Rocket discuss which roleplaying system is the best

guy that complains about TAZ fans head, goon that made the joke I'm making now a couple pages ago body, Elliot Kalan voice.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

next TAZ is out next week too!

Serf
May 5, 2011

This episode ruled. I can't wait to see how this game finally ends.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
"We'll get 'em next time"

showbiz_liz posted:

This is probably not a new theory but it occurred to me a couple days ago - has this entire campaign been one iteration of a massive time loop?

fuq yes

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Bogart posted:

Apologies if it's been gone over already, but is there a special Seeso promo code that I can key in to let the NBAs know that I'm doing this for my good good boys?

Nope.
e: use twitter or facebook to tell seeso why you subbed. they're pretty active on social media.

bunky fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 23, 2017

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Justin did say that if you signed up today Seeso would probably get the hint.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

oh my god

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I did not catch that twist at the end of TAZ at all. I was completely expecting some weird time travel poo poo where it was Magnus's body inside and it's like some kind of split soul thing and then Magnus fuses with his long lost self and becomes whole again. The actual ending made me laugh, but I must have missed all the foreshadowing.

I will say that I'm not really a fan of how the fight was designed, since it contains two things that I consider really big no-nos in DMing: Rendering a character useless for story reasons (and natch it happens to Travis) and relying on an NPC to bail a character out of death. It all ended up okay and had interesting consequences, but that one should have gone through another draft.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

inthesto posted:

I did not catch that twist at the end of TAZ at all. I was completely expecting some weird time travel poo poo where it was Magnus's body inside and it's like some kind of split soul thing and then Magnus fuses with his long lost self and becomes whole again. The actual ending made me laugh, but I must have missed all the foreshadowing.

I will say that I'm not really a fan of how the fight was designed, since it contains two things that I consider really big no-nos in DMing: Rendering a character useless for story reasons (and natch it happens to Travis) and relying on an NPC to bail a character out of death. It all ended up okay and had interesting consequences, but that one should have gone through another draft.

I don't really agree with that first point, he didn't wind up being useless at all! That stuff with the lance and the magnet was great work on his part.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

The Schwa posted:

next TAZ is out next week too!

Nah, that was an accidental Griffin Goofer
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/834829168823115776

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I have to say, I was slightly underwhelmed by (TAZ spoilers) the Barry Bluejeans reveal. I know he is a fan favorite and I am in awe at Griffin's ability to loop him back into the story in a really masterful way, but at the same time it kind of felt like the entire end game of the campaign was warped for the sake of fan service. I have a really hard time believing that Barry was supposed to be a key piece of the campaign from the beginning, so I just wonder how Griffin envisioned this playing out originally. To be fair, I haven't totally worked through the implications of this whole Lich reanimation cycle thing yet, so maybe I'm missing a lot of the impact of the reveal, but in general it didn't feel all that monumental to me. I also figured that Lucretia and the B.o.B. were probably more than they seemed from the beginning, and now it seems like that's the direction we're going, so I dunno...I'm sure this will reach an ultimately satisfying conclusion but I definitely wasn't blown away by this arc the same way that the end of Petals to the Metal or the Eleventh Hour blew me away.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I was right there with Justin in misunderstanding Griffin's big move in combat. I was incredulously imagining Edward just, like, grabbing his forearms together and furiously straining until one his buff Magnus-arms popped off.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I know he is a fan favorite and I am in awe at Griffin's ability to loop him back into the story in a really masterful way, but at the same time it kind of felt like the entire end game of the campaign was warped for the sake of fan service. I have a really hard time believing that Barry was supposed to be a key piece of the campaign from the beginning, so I just wonder how Griffin envisioned this playing out originally.

He must have at least known it during Eleventh Hour, because one of Paloma's prophecies was "I have one last prophecy for you, Taako. Something you will need to know. In your hour of greatest need, you will find the power that you seek from the man wreathed in flames."

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I'm also wondering (though I'm less sold on this) if the Lonely Journal-Keeper from that Crystal Kingdom prophecy wasn't Isaac at all, but Barry. Would be a neat misdirect, since that's the only one of those 'seven birds' we think we definitely know.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

I have to say, I was slightly underwhelmed by (TAZ spoilers) the Barry Bluejeans reveal. I know he is a fan favorite and I am in awe at Griffin's ability to loop him back into the story in a really masterful way, but at the same time it kind of felt like the entire end game of the campaign was warped for the sake of fan service. I have a really hard time believing that Barry was supposed to be a key piece of the campaign from the beginning, so I just wonder how Griffin envisioned this playing out originally. To be fair, I haven't totally worked through the implications of this whole Lich reanimation cycle thing yet, so maybe I'm missing a lot of the impact of the reveal, but in general it didn't feel all that monumental to me. I also figured that Lucretia and the B.o.B. were probably more than they seemed from the beginning, and now it seems like that's the direction we're going, so I dunno...I'm sure this will reach an ultimately satisfying conclusion but I definitely wasn't blown away by this arc the same way that the end of Petals to the Metal or the Eleventh Hour blew me away.

TAZ spoilers, not show spoilers.
I don't think he's changing anything. Barry Bluejeans, as he was during the first arc, was not much of a character. Griffin can't change the character of the Red Robe to be more like Barry, because Barry wasn't really anything. So, that particular revelation doesn''t really have any character implications. The main thing that Barry brings to the table is that he was there from the very beginning. It lends credence to the idea that he and Magnus have history, since he has literally always been nearby in some form or another.

On another note, I bet that Merle is secretly a little bummed that he can no longer reasonably complain about having lost an arm.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

well dang :( I thought maybe they were releasing weekly since things are ramping up. I guess I have to wait two more weeks for a fix after all

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

showbiz_liz posted:

He must have at least known it during Eleventh Hour, because one of Paloma's prophecies was "I have one last prophecy for you, Taako. Something you will need to know. In your hour of greatest need, you will find the power that you seek from the man wreathed in flames."

Ah, yeah that's very true. I'm sure that he had locked in a lot of the end game around the time of Crystal Castles, since that arc did so much world building around the different planes of existence and the THB's multiple deaths.

Ariong posted:

TAZ spoilers, not show spoilers.
I don't think he's changing anything. Barry Bluejeans, as he was during the first arc, was not much of a character. Griffin can't change the character of the Red Robe to be more like Barry, because Barry wasn't really anything. So, that particular revelation doesn''t really have any character implications. The main thing that Barry brings to the table is that he was there from the very beginning. It lends credence to the idea that he and Magnus have history, since he has literally always been nearby in some form or another.

On another note, I bet that Merle is secretly a little bummed that he can no longer reasonably complain about having lost an arm.

Actually, that's a really good point, and probably why it didn't move me too much. It was a perfect opportunity to revive Barry Bluejeans, but the real reveal will probably occur in the next ep when he actually fills in the back story, which was going to happen regardless of who the Red Robe was.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I was assuming we'd get one last full arc for the seventh relic, but it sounds like we're transitioning straight to the endgame from this one. That was pretty good, though, if not mind blowing. I guessed the ending when the final scene started but wrote it off as being too dumb. I forget this show is supposed to be funny first and foremost sometimes.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

the THB's multiple deaths.

Oh poo poo, it hadn't yet occurred to me that this was just explained.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Found a legal enough way to watch the show. Episode 4 is amazing and i doubt it can be bested.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Found a legal enough way to watch the show. Episode 4 is amazing and i doubt it can be bested.

Is this a way that can be safely communicated in the forums and requires payment to Seeso for access?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF0ILCrBgi4

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

El Padrino posted:

Is this a way that can be safely communicated in the forums and requires payment to Seeso for access?

Guess so? There's this thing called ra.bbit, just basically hosts a livestream meant for you and a small group of friends so you can all watch something together in sync. Their big selling point at first was watching Netflix together with friends far away, but then netflix stopped letting that happen. Anyways, it streams from the u.s. so you enter seeso through it, use your own seeso account you paid and get the experience of being alone in a room to watch something. It's not really ideal, but eh, desperate times.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I wonder if Griffin went back to listen to the first few episodes, because the moment the Red Robe started talking, I went, "I know exactly who this is."

That was a pretty stellar feeling.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
an American friend with Seeso & Skype works pretty well too.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Guess so? There's this thing called ra.bbit, just basically hosts a livestream meant for you and a small group of friends so you can all watch something together in sync. Their big selling point at first was watching Netflix together with friends far away, but then netflix stopped letting that happen. Anyways, it streams from the u.s. so you enter seeso through it, use your own seeso account you paid and get the experience of being alone in a room to watch something. It's not really ideal, but eh, desperate times.
I can't even sign up for Seeso's free trial with my filthy :canada: credit card.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's worth it just to see the vape ape, Vapeape.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Griffin you absolute fucker (possibly):

I just checked out the chunk of The The Adventure Zone Zone where somebody asks about bringing Barry Bluejeans back. How I remembered it was Griffin insisting that he was never, ever bringing him back, full stop. Here's what he actually said:

Griffin: But, yeah, RIP Barry Bluejeans.
Clint: But that doesn’t answer the question: would we ever bring him back?
Griffin: He’s dead as gently caress! Like, I don’t know how many times I have to say it, Barry Bluejeans- [laughs a little bit] -Barry Bluejeans’ soul has left his body. He is no longer- he is, he is gone-zo. He’s dead.

None of this is technically a lie!

showbiz_liz fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 24, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Finished the show. My only complaint is that there isn't more of it.

The teens episode had me in stitches. Travis must have watched Whiplash the night before filming because he replicated the wardrobe and mannerisms of JK Simmons' character pretty well.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/834934231851728896

i think griffin paid a visit to loverslab

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, having trouble with Seeso. I'm using Google Chrome and the site is telling me I need Adobe FLash to play the video. How do I turn on flash on Chrome?

Edit: Nevermind got it. Privacy controls on Chrome were being a dick.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 24, 2017

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, having trouble with Seeso. I'm using Google Chrome and the site is telling me I need Adobe FLash to play the video. How do I turn on flash on Chrome?

Download Flash? https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
stealth comedy master: the mayor of huntington