Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mercrom posted:

Was the "increased area" change really necessary? It doesn't really amount to a huge difference unless you are running some super gimmicky build. All it's really gonna do is make things less intuitive for new players, especially with regard to cone shaped area skills.

I don't see how its less intuitive. If anything it seems a little more intuitive for new players, since you get a greater effect for stacking a "casual" amount of area and skills naturally gain area as they level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

I love this loving game.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mercrom posted:

Was the "increased area" change really necessary? It doesn't really amount to a huge difference unless you are running some super gimmicky build. All it's really gonna do is make things less intuitive for new players, especially with regard to cone shaped area skills.

It makes getting a little area more impactful and getting all the area less impactful. It is a great change.

There is nothing at all less intuitive about it; instead of increasing the size of the radius, you are increasing the total area. I'd argue that increasing the 'radius' of cone skills is by far less intuitive than simply increasing its total area coverage.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Posting on page 420

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

please knock Mom! posted:

Posting on page 420
420 is divisible by 3 - Half-Life 3 confirmed.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Posting on page 420

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
100% increased area isn't actually going to double the area of cone skills though, since that would break the game.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mercrom posted:

100% increased area isn't actually going to double the area of cone skills though, since that would break the game.

What?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Mercrom posted:

Posting on page 420

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

420 only comes around once a thread.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cerepol posted:

420 only comes around once a thread.

need to keep going for another 3780 pages

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mercrom posted:

you mean like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Fs9sHvA-E

or how about increasing the area of a cone skill by over 10 fold?

Posting on page 420

panda clue fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 23, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Posting on page 420

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pro click

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

pro click

Mute it first though
gently caress the Protomen

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Man it really sucks when work picks up and I don't have spare time for video games :( I just made it to lvl 70 and TIME IS RUNNING OUT. I won't make it to The Shaper.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
while we're posting old favorites I still have to give some love to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Cool vids.

420 post.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

theshim posted:

while we're posting old favorites I still have to give some love to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw

Darkshrine ghostbusting was the greatest thing. I hope there is a mod for domination stones that adds a darkshrine to a zone.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Also this is my 420 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=054GrH8QdY8

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i'm excited guys. wild strike!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Mute it first though
gently caress the Protomen

what the gently caress

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

420 blaze it.

So I beat the game for the first time as a firestorm witch with some zombies. 7 days left, anyone recommend any fun builds to play? Any class, just something that will make a second playthrough quite fun. Thanks

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just Chamber posted:

420 blaze it.

So I beat the game for the first time as a firestorm witch with some zombies. 7 days left, anyone recommend any fun builds to play? Any class, just something that will make a second playthrough quite fun. Thanks

???? do maps?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Do you mean you beat the game as in you just did normal mode, or you beat the game in that you cleared to the end of merciless?

Because there's quite the difference.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Only way to beat the game is to get a mirror.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

funmanguy posted:

Nah, Alkaizer beat the game too: https://clips.twitch.tv/alkaizerx/DullCarabeefDansGame

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

funmanguy posted:

In real life, to look upon the monstrosity you've become and defeat yourself.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I think the biggest troll of legacy league is that legacy Infernal Mantles could drop out in the Relic thing. So you open it up and get an unidentified unique Occultist's Vestment.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

funmanguy posted:

I think the biggest troll of legacy league is that legacy Infernal Mantles could drop out in the Relic thing. So you open it up and get an unidentified unique Occultist's Vestment.

:aaaaa:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Legacy darks and legacy mantle = rolling chaos???

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Vasudus posted:

Legacy mantle will still have the same chaos conversion. The oldest legacy consuming darks were also retroactively nerfed, but they still have more than the current ones. With two of them and mantle you can indeed get 100% conversion again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vasudus posted:

That's what I'm thinking of doing if I get rich enough this league... :black101:

...I won't be rich enough this league :smith:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The vast majority of uniques with legacy variants are dramatically better than their past incarnations. I can only find a few uniques that are relatively common where getting a legacy version would be better than the current one. Anvil, Meginords Belt, Crest of perandus, blood dance, auxium, maybe lightning coil. Most uniques that have been changed have been buffed.

J
Jun 10, 2001

It's going to be real interesting to see just how rare these legacy uniques are. Gonna be sad if they are 50+ex a pop.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?
All I know is that I need a character equipped exclusively with Foil Uniques.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I'm more excited about cheaper headhunter. Wanna roll around with headhunter and shadows and dust on some fast clear build.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The Broletariat posted:

With Legacy BoR, Facebreaker, Aegis, Meginord, Rainbowstride, and Anvil, you're already almost there with an actually good build! Just MTX the rings, and wear a Legacy Kaoms for style points :getin:.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

The Broletariat posted:

kaom's sign, immortal flesh, sibyl's lament, sin trek, ondar's clasp, marylene's fallacy, malachai's simula, icetomb, ephemeral edge, chernobog's pillar, and 5 blood of the karui.

legacy unique hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Vasudus posted:

Do you mean you beat the game as in you just did normal mode, or you beat the game in that you cleared to the end of merciless?

Because there's quite the difference.

Normal, but I'd like to try some recommended, fun builds.

• Locked thread