Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They didn't repair LMD Fitz and ask him to fix the Daisey bots just to have it never mentioned in the show again.

There will be a final LMD showdown in the real world by the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Zero One posted:

They didn't repair LMD Fitz and ask him to fix the Daisey bots just to have it never mentioned in the show again.

There will be a final LMD showdown in the real world by the end of the season.

Yes, end of the season, like I said.

I just think anyone who thinks anything LMD related is going to get out of this season intact is going to be disappointed.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Does it really matter though? The Daisy LMDs don't have inhuman abilities so what does it matter? Just bring back Robbie Reyes and the metal melting family man guy and melt the drat robots.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Does it really matter though? The Daisy LMDs don't have inhuman abilities so what does it matter? Just bring back Robbie Reyes and the metal melting family man guy and melt the drat robots.

Something tells me they've installed a couple of new features on those models.

:heysexy:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Coffee Mugshot posted:

But we need a cool fight scene. Quake vs the other 20 Daisys. I bet Chloe Bennet would love to do that.

By the way, I love that the official twitter account makes the same silly puns as us.
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/834286878299787264
Also I made a pretty good guess when I said 20.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 23, 2017

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

bull3964 posted:

I just think anyone who thinks anything LMD related is going to get out of this season intact is going to be disappointed.

I'm thinking this, too.

And am disappointed.

e: although I suppose the point is moot if this does end up being the show's final season :( :(

Yakmouth fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 23, 2017

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Eh, I don't want Ward to come back. I think he served his purpose and his arcs concluded successfully. The show is better off for having moved on to new villains.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
What makes you think Ward is going to be a villain?

I love that they keep bringing Dalton back and every time it feels right and not forced to me.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

Eh, I don't want Ward to come back. I think he served his purpose and his arcs concluded successfully. The show is better off for having moved on to new villains.

Yeah, but bringing him back as a heroic robot instead of a villainous human/squid presents all kinds of great plot hooks. He would effectively be an entirely different character who would have to deal with everyone's prejudices against someone he isn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tree Dude posted:

I love that they keep bringing Dalton back and every time it feels right and not forced to me.

Of course he's not gonna be the villain, he's part of a world where Hydra won, he's a hero! He's probably Captain America!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I cannot imagine a situation, after all this trauma, where anyone on the team would be cool with having a robot around let alone one that has the face of someone who betrayed them.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
It might even be funnier/more interesting if the things that drove Ward into the hands of Hydra drove him into the hands of some sort of anti-Hydra resistance in the Framework world and he's unequivocally a good guy in what he does to people who hate his guts.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bull3964 posted:

I cannot imagine a situation, after all this trauma, where anyone on the team would be cool with having a robot around let alone one that has the face of someone who betrayed them.

How much therapy are they going to need? I mean, drat. It'd be easier to just use that SHIELD tech that eats memories from TAHITI and just purge it all.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

I meant I dont want him to come back permanently. I'm totally OK with exploring an alternate reality in which he's Daisy's bf.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wonder if the Matrix can distinguish that Skye doesn't (didn't?) have powers, but Daisy does.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wonder if the Matrix can distinguish that Skye doesn't (didn't?) have powers, but Daisy does.

She may never have undergone terrigenesis in the Matrix.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

bull3964 posted:

Robo-May pretty heroically sacrificed herself to save Daisy and Jemma, stopping (or at least seriously hindering) the LMDs at the SHIELD base, allowing the Matrix rescue attempt to happen. That was very clearly a May choice, not a robot choice. Even with all the poo poo they've been through, I think at least those two might be willing to trust an LMD if they could get some kind of extremely reliable assurance that it wasn't under enemy control. Especially if it was one of their friends, and the "original" version had been killed.

Before this episode, I was sort of expecting the season to end with one of the main characters (my money was on Fitz) doing clean-up work at Dr. Radcliffe's home, that ended with them finding their own long-dead corpse under the floorboards. But it seems that the LMD threat isn't going to be a long-term thing like Inhumans have been.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait so the Framework really is just the Matrix (aka the Grid aka the Attic aka)? In the sense that everyone in there is living in the exact same digital world?

That feels like it would be incredibly counterproductive to...y'know, people actually having their ideal, no-regrets lives. In general, having everything you want means someone else not having something that they want, which is exactly how it works in the real world. I feel like it would be more efficient and logical for the Framework to give individual people their own separate, individual ideal worlds.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Wait so the Framework really is just the Matrix (aka the Grid aka the Attic aka)? In the sense that everyone in there is living in the exact same digital world?

That feels like it would be incredibly counterproductive to...y'know, people actually having their ideal, no-regrets lives. In general, having everything you want means someone else not having something that they want, which is exactly how it works in the real world. I feel like it would be more efficient and logical for the Framework to give individual people their own separate, individual ideal worlds.

My impression was you don't get everything you want. I believe they said that your biggest regret is just wiped away. And after that the cards fall where the may. I mean if you got everything you wanted then Simmons wouldn't be in a grave. Also if you got everything you wanted there wouldn't be any danger in dying in the Framework because you wouldn't die.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah but that's not as cool as HYDRA world.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

My impression was you don't get everything you want. I believe they said that your biggest regret is just wiped away. And after that the cards fall where the may. I mean if you got everything you wanted then Simmons wouldn't be in a grave. Also if you got everything you wanted there wouldn't be any danger in dying in the Framework because you wouldn't die.

Well maybe someone who went into the Framework first wanted Simmons dead more than anything?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Well maybe someone who went into the Framework first wanted Simmons dead more than anything?

The true villain then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

The true villain then.

Perhaps there are a lot more Framework interfaces already up and running? Maybe the lady in the limo with Fitz is a real person?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Jemma is dead because Fitz and Jemma have weird twin like sixth sense when it comes to each other so they assumed Fitz would figure it out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The framework was initially a virtual training thing.

They used it to keep May alive and sedated.

Once they got the Darkhold the Doctor realized what he could do with it and create a whole world. To give humans immortal life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dexo posted:

The framework was initially a virtual training thing.

They used it to keep May alive and sedated.

Once they got the Darkhold the Doctor realized what he could do with it and create a whole world. To give humans immortal life.

Shiny and chrome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The whole "fix your regret" thing was to keep May compliant because she was fighting the framework. Initially they tried to keep her happy with a spa and she rejected it, and each subsequent simulation eventually tipped her off and she fought against it. Its reasonable to assume that not everyone is as bad rear end as May so you don't need to cater reality to everyone's perfect scenario. Nor is it likely that everyone is driven by the same kind of motivations that May is so Mack IS comfortable with having his kid and family back and might not fight that. He doesn't "regret" her dying. He mourns her loss. Taking away that grief theoretically makes him content.

"Fix your regret" is Radcliffe's mad scientist justification for why what he was doing to May wasn't bad. But it wasn't his goal. It only ended up there as he sought to control her. Radcliffe was never trying to be altruistic towards May, he simply justified his actions as such when all was said and done.

And that's all Radcliffe while this framework is designed by Aida. Aida has no emotions or moral center. Her two defining "moral" commands were to protect the Framework and protect life. But Radcliffe convinced her that life is irrelevant if the person is in the Framework, so now her sole motivator is protecting the Framework even to the point of killing people like Radcliffe.

So she doesn't care about fixing anyone's deepest regrets. She just has to keep them content and docile in the Framework long enough for their bodies to die. If fixing their regrets is it, then it is. If its just giving them a teaching job, that's cool. But its also trial and error so what she thinks may make Daisy content could be wildly wrong just as it initially was with May.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Anyone got an over/under on Ward transferring himself out of the Framework and into an LMD?

I never knew I wanted something from a TV show as much as this.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Dr. Radcliffe was livid when he found out Aida had reset the simulation with him inside, saying that there could be catastrophic (if somewhat vague) damage to the subject if the simulation resets with that person still inside.

So... what does this mean for May, who spent weeks inside the simulation as it ran a constant reset loop? Is her brain going to be totally fried? Are we going to get a good-guy Ward (either in the matrix or an LMD body) versus an incurably psychopathic HYDRA loyalist May? That actually might be an interesting mirror to Captain America's current HYDRA shenanigans in the comics.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I want Ward back full time because Dalton deserves better than starring in bad Christian films.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

I want Ward back full time because Dalton deserves better than starring in bad Christian films.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The interview had the Framework act as a "What If?" scenario for them.

May: I never became the Cavalry/ killed the inhuman little girl
Coulson: I never joined S.H.I.E.L.D.
Mack: Hope never died
Fitz: ? (I'm guessing something to do with his father, or if he never joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and worked in the private sector)
Daisy: ? (She had long hair in the shot, so it's pre-Quake. She knew Ward. Maybe it's allowing Hydra to have those codes/joining Ward)
Jemma: ? (That date on the headstone makes me think she jumped and died after the Chitauri helmet illness without Fitz.)
Mace: ?

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 24, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone's coming out as an LMD, it's Mace. The LMD's powerset are exactly what the public already thinks he can do. Plus it defines his place on the team.

Coulson could be another option. He would make FANTASTIC use of having robot doubles on command.

An LMD Ward(ReWard) joining the crew for a while could be interesting, but who knows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mace makes the most sense. His body dies and they just load him into the LMD. He'd get the power he wants full time and probably would adjust to it well.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah Jemma was acting like there was some time limit in place too.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Other than May, he's definitely been in there the longest.

(Uh, depending on when Fitz was taken.)

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

kater posted:

Yeah Jemma was acting like there was some time limit in place too.
The whole "vegetative state" thing is only sustainable for so long, particularly while on a plane on the run from killer robots. Too long in the Framework and the mortal shell will wither and die.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Anyone got an over/under on Ward transferring himself out of the Framework and into an LMD?

The new Quantum Leap.

Pan Dulce posted:

The interview had the Framework act as a "What If?" scenario for them.

May: I never became the Cavalry/ killed the inhuman little girl
Coulson: I never joined S.H.I.E.L.D.
Mack: Hope never died
Fitz: ? (I'm guessing something to do with his father, or if he never joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and worked in the private sector)
Daisy: ? (She had long hair in the shot, so it's pre-Quake. She knew Ward. Maybe it's allowing Hydra to have those codes/joining Ward)
Jemma: ? (That date on the headstone makes me think she jumped and died after the Chitauri helmet illness without Fitz.)
Mace: ?

I think you & I are the only ones who read that article, since everyone else seems blissfully unaware of that.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BrianWilly posted:

Darkhold

I ain't gotta explain poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Codependent Poster posted:

• Locked thread