Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Decided to throw some tickets at the Olive banner. Rainbow Crystal comes down and I get all excited.

Out pops Ace.

Gumi never fails to disappoint me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There's a troll mission towards the end that requires you to have Nichol at level 80.

Infected posted:

Decided to throw some tickets at the Olive banner. Rainbow Crystal comes down and I get all excited.

Out pops Ace.

Gumi never fails to disappoint me.

Always look on the bright side, if it was yesterday, it could of been Rakshalla.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I used about twenty tickets in addition to my daily on the banner before I got a Shine. I still have over twenty tickets in case of Orlandeu. On the bright side I got another Leon and another Gaffgarion so there's some good TMs there too.

No Rainbow in quite a lot of pulls since the Noctis banner, and those were all awful troll rainbows (two rainbow Freyas on that banner). So that means i'm due because that's exactly how odds work.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Decided I really wanted shine so I did an 11x pull on this banner.

1x Shine (Yayyyyy)
5x Shera (:what:)
1x Luka (new for me)
1x Garland (4th dupe)
1x Maria (unknown dupe because I always sell her)
1x Mustadio
1x Olive

Every banner character in 1 pull. My last 11x was Leon and Emperor on that banner, and I got GIlgamesh on his. My luck is dead forever.
Proof:

Oh, and I still got 15k lapis and 67 tickets banked for TG Cid (or Tidus at this point by the time I get done TM grinding and leveling new units)

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 23, 2017

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Man, I got bedile'd on my free 11 summon.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Decided gently caress it. Did another 11 pull and got a shine. Burned 10 more tickets and got a Gilgamesh, 3 more shines and just some other fodder.

Sure that'll do I guess.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

There's a troll mission towards the end that requires you to have Nichol at level 80.

Hell, I put up my 80 Nichol as the Freind Unit if anybody craves that 10 Lapis really hard

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
What's the best way to gain Level 6 upgrade mats? Running the Chamber of Awakening?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

SmockJoc posted:

What's the best way to gain Level 6 upgrade mats? Running the Chamber of Awakening?

Outside of King Mog events it is the ONLY way.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Palleon posted:

Outside of King Mog events it is the ONLY way.

The Maze is coming back in a few days, that's a way.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Threw some tickets at the banner and snagged that Dark Fina, thank heavens for that no-trolls change.

Also liking the change where the friend unit is named after he friend in battle instead of the unit, it's a nice touch.

Think I want to save that free 11 pull for another good banner maybe, but that Shine TM...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Free roll got me another agrias and nothing of value otherwise. Threw all my tickets at the banner and got nothing. Threw lapis in a single 11 pull and got two shines but nothing else.

Which banner do you think is next, guys? Player's Choice or Type-0 2? I'm tempted to roll again but if noctis is coming up I might not.

EDIT: I think my second favorite change in all this is that finally auto-attack carries on through battles in exploration stages.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 23, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Did the free pull + a story gem pull + a paid gem pull. Not going to complain about Luka or Mercedes, plus Delita's pretty good (but I have Ling, soooooo).

Varance fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 23, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Twisted Eye posted:

Threw some tickets at the banner and snagged that Dark Fina, thank heavens for that no-trolls change.

Also liking the change where the friend unit is named after he friend in battle instead of the unit, it's a nice touch.

Think I want to save that free 11 pull for another good banner maybe, but that Shine TM...

Isn't the big free pull only available for a limited time? Like 1 week?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Did 2 more 11 pulls on the banner hoping for something decent. 5 more Shera's, NO Shine's and no rainbows.
Gonna just take that as a sign to just cut my losses and continue holding out for my man TG Cid.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hagie posted:

Isn't the big free pull only available for a limited time? Like 1 week?

Yes. The free 10+1 roll is probably going to make this the best time to (re)roll for the foreseeable future, in case anyone recently started and isn't happy with their first few pulls. Can't imagine new accounts don't get the free pull, anyways.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

10+1 pull:

Jim Gaffigan
Sazh #2
Edge #2
Terra #2
Hayate #2
Zidane #3
Rosa #2
Cecil (stoked)
Xiao #2
Maria #2
Sazh #3

Guess I'll have to get in the TMR game now...

:golfclap:

Anyway, this was my free 11-pull.

First crystal was yellow, reformed into rainbow, was not Olive. Dark Fina is a good consolation prize I guess and I got my first Hope too.

As you can see from the pic, I have no massive Lapis reserves. Half price pull errday, playing since Global launch, and I have a full team of 5* bases: Maxwell, Lightning x2, Randy, Ace, and now Dark Fina. Never give up, never surrender!

I know Ace is still top ten in Japan, is Dark Fina?

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I know Ace is still top ten in Japan, is Dark Fina?

D. Fina was voted the best mage, Ace is #4.

That's on altema, at least. I dunno how they do their voting but seems legit?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

aherdofpenguins posted:

D. Fina was voted the best mage, Ace is #4.

That's on altema, at least. I dunno how they do their voting but seems legit?

Where's exdeath on the list? I still don't have any top tier 5* base damage dealers or the TMs required to make firion into a top tier damage dealer.

EDIT: I caved and took another 11 roll. Got two more shines, an exdeath and another shantotto :shepface: well, I'm done on this banner. Four shines is good enough. I will cry myself to sleep about my lack of 5* bases another time.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 24, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

Where's exdeath on the list? I still don't have any top tier 5* base damage dealers or the TMs required to make firion into a top tier damage dealer.

EDIT: I caved and took another 11 roll. Got two more shines, an exdeath and another shantotto :shepface: well, I'm done on this banner. Four shines is good enough. I will cry myself to sleep about my lack of 5* bases another time.

Exdeath is a B-tier mage.

Current JP tiering:

SS Tier: Irene, Onion Knight, Orlandeau, Veritas of the Darkness, Noctis, Tidus, Nyx, Eileen, Cloud
S Tier: Ayaka, Veritas of the Flames, Balthier, Gilgamesh, Merc Ramza (not the current one), Knight Delita (not the current one), General Glauca, Luneth, Lightning
A Tier: Tilith, Fohlen, Ramza, Wilhelm, Esper Terra, Dark Fina/Swimsuit Dark Fina, William, Crow, Rem, Ashe, Emperor, Prishe, Lunera, Agrias, Rikku, Setzer

In terms of who's best at each role... in descending order:

Physical DPS: Irene, Onion Knight, Orlandeau/Veritas of the Darkness (tie), Nyx, Lorraine
Magic DPS: Dark Fina, Esper Terra, Swimsuit Dark Fina, William, Ace/Victoria (tie)
Healers: Ayaka, Tilith, Rem, Aria, Hunter Fina
Support: Rikku, Ramza, Roy, Crow, Marie
Tank: Wilhelm, Elfriede, Warrior of Light, Charlotte/Veritas of the Earth (tie), Paladin Cecil

To put Altema tiers in terms of Exvius Wiki tiers...

SS: 13.0
S: 12.5
A: 12-11.5
B: 11-10.5
Not suitable for top rank content: Anything with less than a 10.

Varance fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 24, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh wait I do have Ramza. I guess I should use him. His role is support right? Maybe I'll swap Cloud of Darkness out for him and see if that improves things. Once this round of TMs is done and I get started on some of these shines and Leon and the other physical TMs I have, I mean. I wish macroing was faster. :argh:

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 24, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So, does Shine's TM stack? Someone also mentioned they may change Leon's TM to stack too, whats the info on that? His is basically a +50% attack on the right characters, which is nuts so I can't see them making that stack.

Trying to figure out the TM's to work towards. Thinking the following:
Gilgamesh:
Blade Mastery (have), Dark Knight's Soul, Quick Assault, Successor

Emperor:
Duel Wield (have), Mag +30% x2 (have 1), Ultima

Olive:
Doublehand (if it stacks), Power of Creation (have), Quick Assault, Successor (Or twenty-sided die?)

Of those, I have everyone I would need to tm grind, except for 1 Shine. Anyone have suggestions?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
What are the ideal weapons to use on Gilgamesh?

I have Excalibur, Save the Queen, Near completion on my Sakarufubai, Gungnir and can farm up a Moonblade as of this morning.

I also have Blade Mastery, Double Hand, Dual Wield to back it up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Olive:
Doublehand (if it stacks), Power of Creation (have), Quick Assault, Successor (Or twenty-sided die?)

Of those, I have everyone I would need to tm grind, except for 1 Shine. Anyone have suggestions?

It stacks with her passive and the TM's passive, or should. You basically want doublehand and then 3 of Shine's TMs, 2 if you have Power of Creation and want 30% MAG instead of more passive dodge.

m.hache posted:

What are the ideal weapons to use on Gilgamesh?

I have Excalibur, Save the Queen, Near completion on my Sakarufubai, Gungnir and can farm up a Moonblade as of this morning.

I also have Blade Mastery, Double Hand, Dual Wield to back it up.

Excalibur and Sakurafibuki when it's no elemental resists (or they're holy weak) since you have blade mastery. Replace Sakura with the Genji Blade when we get Gilgamesh's trial.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
80 pulls here:

23 Sheras
0 Shine
0 Olive
1 Emperor :gbsmith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got another luka, rosa, and chiz and three terra???

i did four pulls on the banner for the new dudes and got some junk. im saving my 40 tickets to burn in hell

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Gyoru posted:

Second 10+1 pull:

fake edit 1: third 10+1 was another Olive

fake edit 2: fourth and final 10+1 was Lightning :getin:

and 4 Shines in total

Ok I lied. I just did a fifth 10+1 pull for more Shines and uh

:yikes:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
^^^ Jesus I'm seriously envious as hell right now. Last rainbow I saw was a stupid hayate which really sucks, and the one before that was also something lame. Damnit game give me a Gregg I say!

Gah so tempted to drop that free 11 pull right now so I can get my inevitable disappointment over with, but it looks like it's good until 3/9 so I'm tempted to try and hold out for the player banner to see if I get stupid lucky and get another noctis or a Gregg or Luneth. Although I have no idea if the free 11 pull off the banner or just a general pool. Anyone know for certain? If it's just a general summon pool then there's really no point in waiting

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 24, 2017

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Tipme posted:

80 pulls here:

23 Sheras
0 Shine
0 Olive
1 Emperor :gbsmith:

Good grief, that's almost like you were pulling on the old banner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Just checked and I'm sitting on 125 tickets in addition to 25k lapis. Almost tempted to throw away some Lapis on an 11 pull but it'd be better spent on the player's choice banner trying to get some Zidanes because holy poo poo no dual wield sucks.

Gonna take awhile to chase and (not) pull Orlandu whenever his goddamn banner comes out.

Gyoru posted:

Ok I lied. I just did a fifth 10+1 pull for more Shines and uh

:yikes:

Hold on to your Butz.

(and farm those doublehand TMs).

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Gah so tempted to drop that free 11 pull right now so I can get my inevitable disappointment over with, but it looks like it's good until 3/9 so I'm tempted to try and hold out for the player banner to see if I get stupid lucky and get another noctis or a Gregg or Luneth. Although I have no idea if the free 11 pull off the banner or just a general pool. Anyone know for certain? If it's just a general summon pool then there's really no point in waiting

It's from the general pool and rate-ups aren't applied. You may as well pull now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pokemaster #421 posted:

^^^ Jesus I'm seriously envious as hell right now. Last rainbow I saw was a stupid hayate which really sucks, and the one before that was also something lame. Damnit game give me a Gregg I say!

its not on a banner at all

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

It's from the general pool and rate-ups aren't applied. You may as well pull now.

Yeah there's no point in waiting then. Thanks for the answer! Looks like I'm off to see what madness Gummi inflicts on me this time

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
11 pull got me 4* Hope and Gaff

3* of note were Cecil and another CHARLOTTE, bribing her up to 90%

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So I decided to keep doing tickets till I got a 2nd Shine.

Got a 2nd Emperor instead. I don't even know what the gently caress at this point.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Do I win the "worst free 10+1 pull award"? :negative:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that's not even remotely close, Refia is an amazingly good unit and Agrias is really good when her 6* comes out

edit: and Arc has a great TM too

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Olive:

My Olive has:

Sparky (I threw her into a giant pile of moogles to hug)
Black Cowl
Minerva Bustier
2x Bracer

Doublehand
2x ATK +10%
Successor (Shura's TM)

She has hugged 0 pots as of right now, and still has 945 ATK.

No, really.

And she's only level 91, so between the last 9 levels and a bunch of attack pots, she will probably top a grand before I even get three of my 8 Shines farmed.

Meanwhile, my main team is down to 1 Lightning, as I'm running Olive, Noctis, Lightning, Refia, Emperor. Lightning is scheduled for a giant upgrade, as I have Leon grinding right now and pulled a goddamn Delita to go with the demon mail.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Vasler posted:

I think we might be in contention with each other. I did manage to get a Zidane though which salvaged mine a bit. Aside from that is was pure unadulterated trash. It's basically a who's who list of the joke units they put in just to ruin your day. Anzlhem edge, cyan, and Luna were the best units I got aside from Zidane. The rest were Maria bedile shadow and rakshakakaka. Oh well at least in a couple months I should be able to snag another dual wield so it's not a total loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vasler posted:

No Bediles and you ask if you've won? For shame.

• Locked thread