Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

how much of the "greatest generation" is even around anymore? it's been two decades since brokaw wrote that book and they were already old as the hills then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Why would the FBI refusing to do that be ominous? Comey still wants to maintain the lie that he is non-partisan and doesn't politick

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

The Greatest Generation is mostly dead now, and while it's muddy because it was pre realignment, they tended to vote Democrat and have more liberal views (as long as minorities were excluded)

Going by voting patterns, GenX is the most FYGM death cult generation, only they got muscled out of influence and overshadowed by Boomers

they raised a lovely generation that is destroying everything out of fygm'ism

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are in their late 80s now at the youngest

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

how much of the "greatest generation" is even around anymore? it's been two decades since brokaw wrote that book and they were already old as the hills then

My wife's grandma married a WW2 veteran when she was 21 years old. She's 92 now. so the answer is "very few"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

The Greatest Generation is mostly dead now, and while it's muddy because it was pre realignment, they tended to vote Democrat and have more liberal views (as long as minorities were excluded)

yeah basically forever reflecting the new deal coalition including the deal with the devil on racism

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

always
i'm always varying levels of inebriated

after all it's Senator Lindsey Graham

...not Representative Lindsey Graham

:ocelot:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agrajag posted:

My wife's grandma voted Obama and Clinton, don't blame her.

We were talking about the election and she told me, "Trump is a prick." lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AdamBlickstein/status/834613818076573698

lol forever

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

sure, yeah, sure

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

Is Lindsay graham the guy who called max Cleland osama bin laden

that was from a Saxby Chambliss ad

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

they were still p racist at the end of the day and the regressive right figured out how to seize upon that in their children :shrug: SOUTHENR STRATEGY! WELLFARE QUEENS! and so on and around we go

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Why not just re-promote them then

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MaxxBot posted:

It's happening guys! Jeb!(D) 2020!

i choose to believe this is real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

that was from a Saxby Chambliss ad

Thanks

It all runs together

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

is plagiarism an impeachable offense?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just wanted to make a point that at some point killing a nazi was not only accepted it was part of what made America great.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's Obamas fault that I can't read up on what the position I'm talking about actually does!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

I just wanted to make a point that at some point killing a nazi was not only accepted it was part of what made America great.

MAGA

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/Sarah247NYC/status/834686680783269888

lady, what the gently caress were you expecting

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Why would the FBI refusing to do that be ominous? Comey still wants to maintain the lie that he is non-partisan and doesn't politick
there's a simpler explanation

if the FSB takes over, the FBI and CIA are suddenly unemployed

The Ape of Naples posted:

only after FDR convinced everyone of it by pointing out Imperial Japan's alliance with Nazi Germany

the country was full of willing collaborators before then

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

donald trump is the dumbest got-damned motherfucker alive and the only impressive thing he does is surround himself with even more incompetent hateful motherfuckers

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

shiksa posted:

forever :cripes:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

shiksa posted:

😡

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

Amazing

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Recap
Immediately signed bill that makes it much harder for lower and middle income Americans to get a mortgage
Gave cabinet positions to key PAC donors
Appointed a Klansman attorney general
Sent Navy SEALS to do a mission in Yemen that Obama passed on due to lack of intel, which ended up being far more dangerous than thought, leading to dozens of civilians, a SEAL and an American 8yo dead
Admitting Bannon tricked him into placing him on the NSC
Constant leaks from his own staff
Losing an entire department of senior State Dept personnel to mass resignation
Literally ignoring a major natural disaster with a dam collapse in California
Crashed a wedding with the loving Japanese PM
Discussed classified military intelligence in front of a crowd of civilians to look cool
Allowed unsecured phone cameras to be held over secret briefing docs
Insisting on using unsecured Android phone
Refusing to record calls with Putin
Lying about voter fraud since he feels insecure that he lost the popular vote bigly
Wife and son costing taxpayers $1 million per day to protect in their tower
Weekly visits to his lovely Florida resort costing $3 million per trip
Using the office of the president to advertise daughter’s failing clothing line
Refusing to fully divest from worldwide business holdings
Attempted to bar American citizens and green card holders from reentry into country due to being brown
Having a key policy initiative swiftly overturned by the courts
Not mentioning Jews during a loving holocaust remembrance
Strongly alluding to conspiring with a foreign govt to win the presidency
Telling federal law enforcement to ignore white supremacist groups which are now infiltrating our police depts. (according to the Intercept)
Allowing the FSB to operate more easily in the USA
Having national security advisor Flynn outed as a Russian stooge despite being told a month before taking the office that he was compromised
Told Flynn to resign because he lied to VP Pence that he hadn’t talked to the ambassador about sanctions
Secret Service Director resigns
NYT and CNN reports Trump’s campaign had many discussions with Russian intelligence
Kellyanne Conway gets blackballed from many news shows because of constant lying
CEO of Carl Jr revokes his shot at Labor Sec because Oprah released vid of his wife talking about him beating her
Trump turned back opposition to One China policy, and magically got a trademark for his brand in China that he fought years to get
Signs bill allowing coal companies to dump pollution into water sources because why not
Does insane 77 minute press conference on which he claims he isn’t ranting and raving. Goes on rants about Hillary, Uranium being dangerous and stuff, tells a Jewish man he asked an unfair question when asked if he would say something to stop anti semitism, and presumes a black reporter knows how to get in contact with the black caucus.
Report says Flynn lied to FBI about contents of the phone calls with the Russian ambassador, and he did actually talk about sanctions with Russia
FOX NEWS reports Trump was briefed on Flynn’s call to the ambassador, which means Trump ordered the call, or told Flynn to lie to Pence, or both
Picks a new national security advisor and he refuses
AP leaks draft memo stating National Guard being used to “round up” undocumented immigrants
Trump declares the media the enemy of the American people except Fox and Friends which are really nice
Audio tapes leak of Trump selling off access to sit in on interviews with potential cabinet members
Holds first campaign rally of 2020 at day 30 of his Presidency in 2017. Cause that is normal. Invites clearly deranged fan on stage unchecked my secret service.
Lies about a terrorist attack in Sweden that never happened
In 30 days in office, spent six full days playing golf
Started calling his Florida resort Mar-a-Lago the “Winter White House” but realized he still would like to go to it every weekend so changed it to “Southern White House”
Gets rejected by UK parliament to visit and speak
Named Lt Gen HR McMaster as the Director of the National Security Council, no one in the NSC was alerted about it until the news broke. Also apparently since he is in active duty, he could not decline.
Bannon and Preibus had a interview at CPAC in which Bannon stated, in his own words, they hired people to “tear everything down”
CNN reports that the White House asked the FBI to tell reporters that the investigations against Trump/Dossier/Russia were not happening and they declined

I haven't been paying too much attention this week, if I missed anything the last couple days let me know

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

shiksa posted:

actually i'm wrong. this here is the dumbest motherfucker alive (if this is real)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Allow me to make a progressive nod toward being a good trans ally by calling that lady loving retarded

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

do they think this makes them look more competent, instead of less

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

shiksa posted:

Caitlyn Jenner assured her that everything would be fine!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattBors/status/834924500298813440

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Allow me to make a progressive nod toward being a good trans ally by calling that lady loving retarded

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lmao Laverne Cox an Mara Kiesling were just on Hardball with some Family Research Council moron and it was hilarious. Really need a .gif of Laverne mean mugging that dude while he refuses to make eye contact and tries to dance around when Matthews asks what bathroom he thinks she should use.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This better have been pre-RNC, and even before then it was EXTREMELY obvious that LGBT would become fair game to reward the idolaters who voted for him

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/834914943807942657

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

This better have been pre-RNC, and even before then it was EXTREMELY obvious that LGBT would become fair game to reward the idolaters who voted for him

the date is in the corner (april 26 2016)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oops, I guess Donald Trump is actually a lazy compulsive liar with no principles or something

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/msg7719/status/834912270769602562

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zyla posted:

TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT

10PM EST/9/8/7pst

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds