Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Was using dins fire the only way to open the shadow temple back then? And was it the only way to burn down those doors to get the boss key?
I hope botw has spells like that, your bombos medallion and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm pretty sure. I was trying to use arrows through the torch in the middle to light the outer torches until I remembered Din's fire existed. While the spells were cool, I never used them because the game never enforced it except for that one time. I probably would have used the dungeon teleport one, but I was a dumb kid and would forget what the spells did between play sessions.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Calaveron posted:

Was using dins fire the only way to open the shadow temple back then? And was it the only way to burn down those doors to get the boss key?
I hope botw has spells like that, your bombos medallion and stuff
From what we've seen of sheikah runes, they're even better.

Din's Fire was so satisfying against Wallmasters. I hope the runes let us rig something to basically nuke everything in a 10 foot radius.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thoom posted:

Rolling is faster than walking, and walking backwards while Z-Targeting is faster than rolling, for some reason.

And frame perfect backflips and side hops are even faster, iirc.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Um are you all forgetting the superslide???

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Nephzinho posted:

LA had the item exchange quest to unlock the path through the windfish's egg, the best sword was just collecting seashells. The best weapon was just equipping your bow and bombs at the same time and mashing them together.

You missed the last step then, trading your shovel for the boomerang. That thing was ludicrous.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Art and Artifacts is severely lacking in Link's Awakening content. No enemy art at all, and I don't think there's even Wind Fish art. No sprite art either. Very disappointing. I was hoping to find more art of my username.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PerrineClostermann posted:

And frame perfect backflips and side hops are even faster, iirc.

Yeah I remember side hops being the fastest way

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

ColdPie posted:

Um are you all forgetting the superslide???
The Wind Waker HD superswim is the loving best, though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I was watching some BotW gameplay footage at work because it beat actually working, and there was a bit where Link cleared an entire Bokoblin tree house with a handful of bomb arrows. That made me grin ear-to-ear. Bomb arrows were my favourite part of TP.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope at least one of the 15 minute video previews people are allowed to post tomorrow is just wanton destruction of the land and its inhabitants performed by Link.

How far can an enemy fly if you send it packing via bomb explosion? That's the kinda stuff I wanna see.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holla if you're playing the Wii U version in a little over a week.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alec Eiffel posted:

Holla if you're playing the Wii U version in a little over a week.

:hfive:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Keiya posted:

You missed the last step then, trading your shovel for the boomerang. That thing was ludicrous.

"Hey what if we made the boomerang just kill things instead of stunning them?"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I want a Zelda game to give me the gale boomerang. Except the gale is fire.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Smolderang

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

well why not posted:

Both of the 64 Zeldas have that affect on me. The really intense morbidity in a game that's generally pretty sunny & cheerful got to me as a kid. Bottom of the well felt really hosed up! The music is really uncomfortable as well:

Also the way the "object you can blow up with bombs" in the well area is "gorey piles of human remains." :wtc: loving awesome.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress blue darknuts

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

:hfive:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
One of the most popular additions to Wind Waker HD is back:

SELFIE MODE!!

^^^^ really minor spoiler about a mostly cosmetic thing (pic from official Nintendo twitter)

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Looking at all of the stuff coming out about the console and Zelda makes me so excited to play it, but I won't be back in the states until the 10th, so I have to wait an extra week. :sigh:

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

Re-deads, Wallmaster & Deadhand do it for me. Wallmaster is also one of the most frustrating enemies in any game.

Have any of those enemy types shown up in a Zelda game since then? now that I think about it I don't think the majority of enemy creatures in OOT ever returned after the n64 era which is a huge shame. I miss the spookiness and mystery of that game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

re-deads are in like every Zelda game and Wallmasters are definitely in TP, Minish Cap and I think Link between Worlds

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

One of the most popular additions to Wind Waker HD is back:

SELFIE MODE!!

^^^^ really minor spoiler about a mostly cosmetic thing (pic from official Nintendo twitter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

and

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

re-deads are in like every Zelda game and Wallmasters are definitely in TP, Minish Cap and I think Link between Worlds
The redead screech in WW is one of the most blood-freezing noises I know.

The floormaster "i sense something" noise in that is adorable though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is anyone ordering that Special Edition from Dell? I'd like to, but I'm worried it's the pictured Wii U version, rather than the stated Switch version.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

RCarr posted:

Is anyone ordering that Special Edition from Dell? I'd like to, but I'm worried it's the pictured Wii U version, rather than the stated Switch version.

I think they mentioned that only the switch version would have special and master editions

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

I think they mentioned that only the switch version would have special and master editions

This is correct as this is used to entice people to buy a Switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There is no WiiU special edition.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Every edition is special

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Breath of the Wild could be the best game ever, sez Metro.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
http://www.retronauts.com/?p=1989

Good preview and discussion by Jeremy Parish. Plus more pretty picturess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can people please post every preview article they find? I gots ta gorge myself on info.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So I remember yesterday when the early Switch stuff started coming in that made the system sound like it wasn't really finished just yet and I had a tinge of regret that I had one pre-ordered instead of just waiting until the fall.

Now, after reading all the "non-review" in depth previews today (especially from someone like Jeremy Parish who does not get caught up in the bullshit hype), it sounds like somehow Nintendo and Aonuma have created one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time, and next Friday can't get here soon enough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
You don't need a Switch for BotW, though, so that's not exactly a point in its favor.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've been saying this game is going to be literally the best game ever made since we first saw footage of it at E3, and it turns out I was completely right.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Oxxidation posted:

You don't need a Switch for BotW, though, so that's not exactly a point in its favor.

I don't have a Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I don't have a Wii U.

Mm. Can't blame you.