Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Yes, that pull sure is bad. Just ignore the fact that Refia is literally one of the best healers, and Agrias becomes a member of the God tier in the summer. :stare:

Now, if you already had those characters... not much else to say. You've probably exhausted the pool of good 3*/4* characters already. You've got a 20% chance on the guaranteed rock and a cumulative 18% chance for at least one of the 10 to go rainbow per 11-pull. It's free though, so there's not much to complain about.

Practical example: Pretend you bought $100 in Lapis and farmed the other 2000 from stages or something. That's 4x 11 pulls. You have a 59% chance to get at least one rainbow off of the 4* rocks and a 55% chance of at least one rainbow from the others. In other words, flip a coin... that's roughly your chance of a rainbow. If you already exhausted the 3*/4* pool of 6* characters, don't be expecting anything nice.

Here, have a Shine-y new updated list of easy to get 6* characters. If you have (almost) everyone on this list, I highly recommend only pulling on rate-up banners until you clean out the 4* unit, then STOP and save for the next banner. The only exception is if you're intentionally trying to get multiple copies of a TM unit, and I'd still only recommend that on a rate up banner because of how large the unit pool is getting. We're now at the point where you can do 3 or 4 11-pulls and not see the same unit twice.

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I like this patch, though I wish we'd received the instant-craft goodness along with it, for I need to craft over 600 things to hit the 60 trophy mark. Here's to running macros! :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Sitting 1 trophy from the 3rd new receipe and the closest things I have are either crafting 40 more abilities or summon espers 91 more times. So close, yet so far.

Vasler posted:

Do I win the "worst free 10+1 pull award"? :negative:

No, because "this is trash" and "I already have these units" are two entirely different things. Refia and Agrias might not be new for you but that doesn't make them trash. Pull a bunch of 4-5 star max stuff like Maria and then you have a trash pull.

Shantotto is also going to be fantastic for the arena once we get her 5* upgrade because she gets dualcast and a ridiculous multihit wind AOE that gives a wind element debuff. And it's a spell, meaning she can elemental chain herself and deal far more than 1998 damage like with dual meteors.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MrLonghair posted:

I like this patch, though I wish we'd received the instant-craft goodness along with it, for I need to craft over 600 things to hit the 60 trophy mark. Here's to running macros! :v:

Oh, poo poo. Thanks for reminding me. I don't even have the monarch ring yet, two trophies away from that, and all the trophies I have left to get are like absurdly far off. I am going to have a thousand potions one day.

Anyway, looking at my TMs I have yet to grind I'm not too far off from a decent offensive unit. I just need one more solid +attack accessory and I'm good. Until I luck out and get a gaffgarion the hero ring and its successors will have to do.

Vasler posted:

Do I win the "worst free 10+1 pull award"? :negative:

Best healer, a great future offensive unit, a mag+30% and an omnirod? Also mustadio's gun and Alma's robe are good I guess.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Daily got me 4* Luka. Should I replace my 4* Refia with her?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

If you have dualcast yes. If not, farm up dualcast then do it.

Edit, nevermind my dyslexia kicked in and I read your units in reverse. Dualcast goes on Refia, Luka can't use it cause her heal is an ability and not white magic.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 24, 2017

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

They're about even as-is. If you manage to get a dualcast TM and put it on Refia though she rockets above Luka.

edit: Where do I farm light megacrysts? I have piles and piles of every megacryst except that one, but I need 20 for each Ruler's Ring ;(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

aherdofpenguins posted:

They're about even as-is. If you manage to get a dualcast TM and put it on Refia though she rockets above Luka.

edit: Where do I farm light megacrysts? I have piles and piles of every megacryst except that one, but I need 20 for each Ruler's Ring ;(

I'd say it's kind of worth having a luka on hand for some very specific circumstances. You never know when a no white magic will pop up and she makes those super easy. It's like the one defense for her I can think of.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Nuebot posted:

I'd say it's kind of worth having a luka on hand for some very specific circumstances. You never know when a no white magic will pop up and she makes those super easy. It's like the one defense for her I can think of.

True, I ended up using a friend Tilith for the last no-wm event, but having a Luka would've made things way easier.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Free 11-pull:

Hope
Kain #20
Mustadio #6
Rakshasa
Seven #2
Faris
Vivi
Vivi
Golbez #3
Zidane #7 (please don't kill me)
Freya #4

Pretty bad, so I drown my sorrows by throwing 30 something tickets at the new banner.

Came out with 3 Shines, 1 Dark Fina, 1 Agrias, 1 Snow, and 1 Gaffgarion, so I'm pretty happy. I have a poo poo ton of TM farming to do now though, because I've been completely neglecting Magic TMs and I want to get my Dark Fina up to speed.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
21 tickets, free 11-pull, and another 11-pull netted me Dark Fina, 2x Gaffgarrion, 3x Snow, Shine, 5x Shera, Zidane, Leon, and 3 more Mercedes I'm not using since I already have her Axe.

It's no Olive, but this'll do for a while. Really happy about finally having more than one Gaffgarrion, and I hadn't nabbed any Snows up until now.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Threw in a few more tickets to grab a Shine, stopped when I instead got Olive. Holy crap I've been playing since a few months after the game came out and I finally got my first real rainbow like three days after my first troll rainbow. Now what do I do with my life.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
My free pull had two golds that were both Garnet, that Bladeblitz rear end in a top hat, two Vivis, a bunch of duplicate Vaans and some other hot garbage. It's fine because I got a lot of good stuff already, but I was hoping for maybe a rainbow somethin'. Ah well!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The advantage Luka has over Refia is that her heal is also an AoE esuna. Her buff is DEF/SPI though so you can't use her to buff ATK like Refia's Embolden can, Refia has Full Life over Luka's Raise, and of course dual cast with Refia is loving nuts. If you don't have anybody else with AoE esuna and spare gigantaurs it migh be worth working on Luka in case its needed but otherwise I'd stick with Refia.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Varance posted:

Yes, that pull sure is bad. Just ignore the fact that Refia is literally one of the best healers, and Agrias becomes a member of the God tier in the summer. :stare:

Now, if you already had those characters... not much else to say. You've probably exhausted the pool of good 3*/4* characters already. You've got a 20% chance on the guaranteed rock and a cumulative 18% chance for at least one of the 10 to go rainbow per 11-pull. It's free though, so there's not much to complain about.

Practical example: Pretend you bought $100 in Lapis and farmed the other 2000 from stages or something. That's 4x 11 pulls. You have a 59% chance to get at least one rainbow off of the 4* rocks and a 55% chance of at least one rainbow from the others. In other words, flip a coin... that's roughly your chance of a rainbow. If you already exhausted the 3*/4* pool of 6* characters, don't be expecting anything nice.

I mean, I get it and I wasn't expecting a massive card to roll out. It's still disappointing. Played this game for quite a while, right after the release rolls were given out and I don't have a 5* base yet and don't expect one (though it would be nice).

Perhaps it isn't realistic to expect one which is why I didn't. At the same time it just sucks to not get something great and shiny and new to use.

I have three Agrias now and three Refia. I suppose I've been "lucky" in a very specific way.

Such is the life of a gatcha game player.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

NinjaDebugger posted:

My Olive has:

Sparky (I threw her into a giant pile of moogles to hug)
Black Cowl
Minerva Bustier
2x Bracer

Doublehand
2x ATK +10%
Successor (Shura's TM)

She has hugged 0 pots as of right now, and still has 945 ATK.

No, really.

And she's only level 91, so between the last 9 levels and a bunch of attack pots, she will probably top a grand before I even get three of my 8 Shines farmed.

Meanwhile, my main team is down to 1 Lightning, as I'm running Olive, Noctis, Lightning, Refia, Emperor. Lightning is scheduled for a giant upgrade, as I have Leon grinding right now and pulled a goddamn Delita to go with the demon mail.

how many pulls did you make on this banner to get 8 shines?

wish i had saved up some more moogles to instant olives tm

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have the lapis for 2 11 pulls, but my lovely free one made me stop considering it.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I have never gotten anything good from an 11 pull.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the free one could be rigged

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5vus8k/myself_and_a_few_others_are_under_the_impression/

wouldn't be surprising

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
It took me the free 10+1 and 41 tickets to get a Shine. I had self control for a long time but once the chase started it was for real.

I got Olive, Luneth, Delita, 15 Sheras, Zidane no.3 and every goddamn off-banner 4* under the sun though so it wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately one Shine is never enough

e: also all the sweet star quartz was good too

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

It's not. The 5* base pool is pretty big these days. Your chances of pulling Lightning on a non-rate up banner are... 0.167% on a standard pull (1 in 598.8), or 1.67% on the bonus crystal during an 11 pull (1 in 59.9).

Edit: The chances are even lower now, with Shine and Olive in the pool. Updated!

Varance posted:

After the change, this is what you'll get out of the standard gacha pull for a gold or rainbow crystal:

Gold (capable of 6* now): Chizuru, Refia, Snow, Mercedes, Luka, Seven, Shine
Gold (capable of 6* later): Warrior of Light, Gaffgarion, Agrias
Gold (still stuck at 5* in JP): Garnet, Rosa, Vanille, Hope, Leon

Rainbow (all 6* capable): Lightning, Delita, Ramza, DK Cecil, Luneth, Gilgamesh, Noctis, Dark Fina, Ace, Marie, Emperor, Olive

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 24, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Well poo poo, lagged behind on my Achivements I didnt get enough to get the rulers ring.

Oh well still have domination for now

Also Comeback is no longer called Comeback :(

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!
Did the free 11-pull, another 11-pull on the Original Character Donut Steel banner, and tossing a few errant rare summon tickets in there too. And I think I made my longer-playing BE-playing friends mad.

"Five-star! It's Ace, though, I hate getting TYPE-0 characters."
"Paladin-Cecil's usually good in these games, right?"
"I remember hearing Refia's name somewhere, is she worth having?"

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Doesn't seem rigged to me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Could be. At the least it seems like there are varying rates for certain base 5 characters. I don't think anybody in that Reddit threat posted about getting a Noctis.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
I don't even know what's going on with my game anymore. I pulled on the freebee 11 last night and got the Emperor, did a lapis 11 pull and burned a couple tickets and got my first Leon, Agrias and Shine. So, feeling good today I decide "what the heck, I'll burn 3 more tickets today." First one is second Leon, that's pretty cool and good, second one is another Shera, ok you're gonna get that on this banner, third one is Lightning. My second Lightning, my third 5* base this week, my fourth 5* base this month. Last month I didn't have any 5* bases. I still don't even have a ZIDANE, but I have two Lightnings who come with dual wield. I don't even know how I'm going to gear them up, I've got a few trust moogles floating around but I don't know what to unlock with them. Should I be working on the Emperor instead? Between him, Dark Fina and a fairly beefy Exdeath I've got a pretty good mage party going on. After months of being starved for choice now I'm drowning in quality and I've forgotten how to swim.

This isn't the FF:BE I'm familiar with- I now have more and better 5*s on global than on my JP account, which I've been playing since launch and which has been deluged with free tickets compared to global. I need to make a beefy 800 damage super-Lightning now, how do I do that???

e: To highlight the difference in my luck between global and JP I did 3 ticket pulls on JP as well. I got a Penelo, a Clyne, and a Rosa. WOOO

Robotic Accolade fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 24, 2017

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
You need TM's. Lots and lots of TMs.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
how do you play JP FFBE since launch and not know how to gear a lightning? :psyduck:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So, the gil turtle thing has lapis rewards now and Parade of Possession trial is up.

EDIT: Or was that up before and I just never noticed?

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

MohShuvuu posted:

how do you play JP FFBE since launch and not know how to gear a lightning? :psyduck:

Nobody uses Lightning anymore on JP, all my friends are Onion Knight and Orlandu. I mean, I have some basic ideas but its something I've never really had to think about given I've never had any really good units to gear up until recently, and even then nothing similar to Lightning. I've got a Knight Delita in JP that has dual wield and Leon's TM on him and that's doing ok (gonna get a lightning sword from one of the recent FFBE characters next), but I'm not really sure what goes into a good Lightning.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
sakurafubuki, blade mastery, bracers, power of crestion, seal of destruction, brave suit, cowl, olive's tmr? there's probably a better build out there but that should get you some good damage goin

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Ran into my first arena whale team today, 2x lightning + a noctis all with 100% dodge and status immunity. I'm not mad, it was cool to see if anything (though took forever to lose) I wish I could see their loadout after a game or something.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So, the gil turtle thing has lapis rewards now and Parade of Possession trial is up.

EDIT: Or was that up before and I just never noticed?
Both were up, and Parade of Possession is just March of the Beasts.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HGH posted:

Both were up, and Parade of Possession is just March of the Beasts.

Good to know I've been behind the times on the turtle thing then. Oh well more lapis is more lapis.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Soooo did anyone notice items stack up to 199 now? I was selling stuff and wondered why I had 30 less slots filled! This is a real QoL change here.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

HGH posted:

Soooo did anyone notice items stack up to 199 now? I was selling stuff and wondered why I had 30 less slots filled! This is a real QoL change here.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I posted about it. It's the hidden gem of the 2.0 changes.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

You can also batch exchange arena medals, and feeding units stat pots shows their max and what they are currently at :iia:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
And I can actually use Barrage in the arena and not have zombified dead Cecils keep blocking the attacks! And petrified units actually turn grey now and Noctis doesn't backflip 9 times in a row when he heals himself after all my attacks miss.
That last one though, so many seconds saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

You can also batch exchange arena medals, and feeding units stat pots shows their max and what they are currently at :iia:

• Locked thread