Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Daztek posted:

forum api key

:mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
What version of Android are you running? Works fine on the latest Giblets.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Lollipop 5.1.1

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Nah, you can't create threads on Nougat or earlier.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I love all of you.

I would make a thread about it but...

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Sereri posted:

I love all of you.

I would make a thread about it but...
:aslol:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Aw, the new update broke my custom theme. Already miss the old frog, but I'll adjust

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

XIII posted:

Aw, the new update broke my custom theme. Already miss the old frog, but I'll adjust

Came to post this except I love the new frog. :hydrogen:

If the theme format has changed, I should probably re-base on the new OLED.xml I guess?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I don't think anything's changed? If you have a dark theme it needs to be called whatever.dark.css, but that was the case before. What differences are you seeing, and what are your CSS filenames?

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

baka kaba posted:

I don't think anything's changed? If you have a dark theme it needs to be called whatever.dark.css, but that was the case before. What differences are you seeing, and what are your CSS filenames?

Mine is Arc.oled.css because it's an oled based theme, and it has been since the oled theme was introduced.

It's still that, and if I select it it gives me what I presume is the default Classic theme.

Have not investigated further yet.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

Mine is Arc.oled.css because it's an oled based theme, and it has been since the oled theme was introduced.

It's still that, and if I select it it gives me what I presume is the default Classic theme.

Yeah, when I say "my custom theme", I really mean "the custom oled theme I stole from ArcMage waaaay back in the day"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

ArcMage posted:

Ok so there's two aspects to the themes - the CSS (which affects the thread view) and the app theme (which affects everything else). If you're using a custom CSS file, that should give you full control over how the thread view looks - and if the filename ends in .dark.css then the rest of the app should use the Dark theme, otherwise it'll use the Default theme

So is the CSS in the thread view broken? Or just the app theme? You weren't forcing the OLED app theme with your custom CSS were you? Because uhhh I didn't see that anywhere

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

This is the only thing that changed but yeah I think ***.oled.css was a choice ever since that was added as dark was people not ... dark enough. Since custom_oled isn't a choice atm, change the filename to dark until a patch.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Weird, I didn't even see that in the pattern matching. Unless... it was that JavaScript reference to oled 🤔

Honestly at this rate it might be simpler to keep the two separate - let people pick an app theme and have another option for custom CSS, and mix and match the two. Otherwise adding a new theme means adding a bunch of extra cases and then letting everyone know it exists and all that

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
This might be a dumb request since I don't think the forums even do it, but is it possible to have a menu option to view your posts in a thread without having to find one first?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Lizard Combatant posted:

This might be a dumb request since I don't think the forums even do it, but is it possible to have a menu option to view your posts in a thread without having to find one first?
Technically the forums do have a method for that, if you search the forums for:

threadid:3571717 username:"Lizard Combatant"

It'll come back with a list of all your posts in this thread.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

baka kaba posted:

Ok so there's two aspects to the themes - the CSS (which affects the thread view) and the app theme (which affects everything else). If you're using a custom CSS file, that should give you full control over how the thread view looks - and if the filename ends in .dark.css then the rest of the app should use the Dark theme, otherwise it'll use the Default theme

So is the CSS in the thread view broken? Or just the app theme? You weren't forcing the OLED app theme with your custom CSS were you? Because uhhh I didn't see that anywhere

The app theme and reply window etc are forced to Classic, yes. I believe that by using Arc.oled.css I was forcing the OLED app theme, but apparently that did change somehow?

I'll do as Sereri says for now.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
All of my threads load blank in the app now. I've logged out and back in as well as reinstalled. This has affected my bathroom productivity by at least -200% as well as the new frog, I have to rate this app a 1/10. :(

(v3.2.5.2) Dark Theme, though tried switching to default as well.

Side Note: The PM text in the dark theme is all jacked up, black on black isn't very appealing to read.

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 22, 2017

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

SeaborneClink posted:

I've logged out and back in

This isn't Awful.app, that does nothing. What type of device on what version of android is that? Any weird stuff you are doing with your device like xposed or something?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

datajosh posted:

Technically the forums do have a method for that, if you search the forums for:

threadid:3571717 username:"Lizard Combatant"

It'll come back with a list of all your posts in this thread.

Thanks!

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Sereri posted:

This isn't Awful.app, that does nothing. What type of device on what version of android is that? Any weird stuff you are doing with your device like xposed or something?

Droid Turbo, have had Cyanogen on it for ages (6.0.1), no xposed flashed or anything like that :(

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

^^^ You could try clearing the app data, I don't even know what would cause any of that so maybe there's an old setting that's causing mayhem?

Also I see Cyanogenmod has its own version of WebView, are you using that or the version from the Play store? (Using the Google version probably involves some messing around I don't know)

ArcMage posted:

The app theme and reply window etc are forced to Classic, yes. I believe that by using Arc.oled.css I was forcing the OLED app theme, but apparently that did change somehow?

I'll do as Sereri says for now.

Yeah this is a my bad :frogbon:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

CM6 is what? Gingerbread? I'm pretty sure when I sold my Nexus One it was running CM7 unless I'm misremembering. It's at least 5 years out of date, like way before they broke the WebView out of the system.

e: Holy poo poo, CM6 was Froyo, released in 2011.

e2: vv That makes a lot more sense although I was super impressed with your resilience there for a bit.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 22, 2017

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

LastInLine posted:

CM6 is what? Gingerbread? I'm pretty sure when I sold my Nexus One it was running CM7 unless I'm misremembering. It's at least 5 years out of date, like way before they broke the WebView out of the system.

e: Holy poo poo, CM6 was Froyo, released in 2011.

Uh no. Android 6.0.1. It's CM13 but thanks :thumbsup:

baka kaba posted:

^^^ You could try clearing the app data
Already unresolved by uninstalling and reinstalling from the PlayStore as noted above but thanks for the pro-tip.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

So did you try the webview stuff? That's what the thread and PM views run in and all the webview code just got a makeover

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

baka kaba posted:

So did you try the webview stuff? That's what the thread and PM views run in and all the webview code just got a makeover

Welp. Installing that from the Play Store worked great! :shobon:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cyanogened again!

I didn't even know they had their own webview but welp. God knows why it broke, unless it can't handle hardware acceleration or something :catstare:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I have CM13 on my phone and never had issues with Awful so I don't know.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Another Cyanogen (14.1 (equiv to 7.1.1)) user who can't see anything!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Did you install the Play store webview?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:smithicide:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

:frogbon:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Idk if this belongs in the dev thread or here, but ever since my app got updated with the version with the new icons, my bookmarks widget looks like this. Probably an oversight?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

How do I make gifs animate? I can't find the setting and I feel stupid

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Advanced -> Device and navigation

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

dissss posted:

Did you install the Play store webview?

Yup, I've got The Real Webview.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The Dark One posted:

Another Cyanogen (14.1 (equiv to 7.1.1)) user who can't see anything!

Still worth it for the announcements imo :v:

I'll try to get you a debug build so we can see where the problem is.

What device is this on?

spankmeister posted:

Idk if this belongs in the dev thread or here, but ever since my app got updated with the version with the new icons, my bookmarks widget looks like this. Probably an oversight?

Does it work if you create a new one (we should still fix this)

Taffer posted:

How do I make gifs animate? I can't find the setting and I feel stupid

You can tap them and choose "play .gif". Emoticons you can just tap.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

Does it work if you create a new one (we should still fix this)

It does, thanks.

Am I misremembering it being a widget in the old version? Because it's a shortcut now but I remember adding it as a widget originally.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

spankmeister posted:

It does, thanks.

Am I misremembering it being a widget in the old version? Because it's a shortcut now but I remember adding it as a widget originally.

The bookmarks thing has been a shortcut for as long as I can remember. It may have been a widget as well, though, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

spankmeister posted:

It does, thanks.

There is still a Bookmarks widget.