Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
How do I progress in NG+? Do I have to beat the sub-missions or will just the story missions suffice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

HellCopter posted:

How do I progress in NG+? Do I have to beat the sub-missions or will just the story missions suffice?

Just have to reach the end and you can toggle between NG and NG+ at the map selection screen.
EDIT: Can't read, whoops! My bad.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 24, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

You have to fill up the mission completion bar. I think it's just some percentage of missions. Still in that boat myself...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I just beat the spider castle level how far into the game am I?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

If I just beat the spider castle level how far into the game am I?

I'm not an expert but, a little past halfway? 2/3?

Halfway. That's the final mission of the 3rd area, right? There are 6 areas.

Edit: wait, is that the first mission of the third area? Less than halfway.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 24, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Just do missions and you'll fill up the meter in the bottom right. Areas unlock as you fill it up. I'm not sure what percentage of missions you need to do but you don't have to do everything. I think you will need at least some sub-missions.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Oh man you don't get the crusher cheevo for killing someone in their duel mission; it has to be in the original mission. Oh well.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Do you always get the Obsidian Armor text from fighting Yasuke the first time of did I just get exceptionally lucky?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Do you always get the Obsidian Armor text from fighting Yasuke the first time of did I just get exceptionally lucky?

I got it first time, but apparently it's rare.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nioh has sold 1 million units around the world! Results are digital and retail combined.

To celebrate, they're going to give out free Nioh Golden Armor!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can I wear heavy armour with my high skill/heart guy without a respec or am I just going to be a brick eyes?

As in are there any smithing tricks or whatever to get me around having high Str/Stam?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
You can always just refashion what you're otherwise using to look like heavy armor.

Also, Books of Reincarnation are plentiful enough that you don't really have to stress much if you really want to respec. There's nothing you can do at the blacksmith to affect the base stat requirements for stuff if that's what you're asking.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Unfinish3d posted:

You can always just refashion what you're otherwise using to look like heavy armor.

Also, Books of Reincarnation are plentiful enough that you don't really have to stress much if you really want to respec. There's nothing you can do at the blacksmith to affect the base stat requirements for stuff if that's what you're asking.

I'm more interested in playing a different style because I've been a light armour katana man for the whole run. I could just start a new man and see how the game is as a brutish gaijin swinging an axe around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

I'm more interested in playing a different style because I've been a light armour katana man for the whole run. I could just start a new man and see how the game is as a brutish gaijin swinging an axe around.

Get a book of reincarnation and respec.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Any reports on what affects whether or not Hanzo will drop the tomes for his set/weapons in the training missions? I've been at it for some time and no dice. Would Luck or Human Item Drop Rate be better to shoot for, here?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Forgot to mention this but the Golden Nioh Armor coincides with title update 1.04. No English language patch notes but if you want to Google Translate then here you go. From the sounds of "Fixed a problem that certain enemies sometimes continue to emit Amrita" I guess they fixed the Teahouse glitch.

Here's an image of the Golden Nioh Armor too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did they fix the warrior of the west bare handed one shot gimmick? i just did it and it only took a quarter life bar unless my talismans wore off without me noticing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Policenaut posted:

Nioh has sold 1 million units around the world! Results are digital and retail combined.

To celebrate, they're going to give out free Nioh Golden Armor!

Hell yeah

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?

Real hurthling! posted:

did they fix the warrior of the west bare handed one shot gimmick? i just did it and it only took a quarter life bar unless my talismans wore off without me noticing

Yeah that was fixed either on release or in the first patch, I tried that as soon as I got to him

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Woo! Finally killed the ice bitch. With help. And being grossly over-levelled. And with grossly over-levelled weapons from level 70+ revenants.

Of course now I'm steamrolling through the rest of the missions now. Whoops.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there any possibility of this getting a PC port eventually?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Finished the epilogue with its boss.

To reiterate: :geno:

Cool-looking boss, but I genuinely didn't understand what I was doing wrong. In the first six attempts, I pretty much dodged everything, took out the eyes he summoned halfway, continued beating him up, he summons a new set of eyes... And I die immediately. Just, no individual laser shots or anything - just instant four lasers cross-firing at my precise location at the same time, killing me right away. At my seventh try, I made sure to drain his stamina after his first eye summon, and I ended up just slapping him around before he ever got to summon more eyes. I have no idea how you're supposed to survive that phase, I died instantly even when I had Living Weapon up. Weird.

I had a first look at a few NG+ missions, and I'm already starting to notice that I'm firmly in Nioh fatigue territory. I have absolutely no patience for farming random loot, and I spent three NG+ missions pretty much running to the boss without bothering with any enemies. There just aren't nearly enough interesting enemy layouts; it's not enough to just throw enemies at me, there's gotta be tricky situations due to terrain/placements. Things like the Anor Londo archers, the blackfire mages on the stairs in DS1 DLC, the tower archers overseeing the ruins in DS3 DLC, the wolf pack madness in DS3 DLC, the sky manta rays at the cliffside in Demon's, the patroling hunting parties in Bloodborne, even things that arguably went a little too far like the homing magic hellfire of Amana in DS2... I feel like the game relies too much on just having one or more enemies pop up and calling it a day. That might be fine if you wanna go totally in-depth with all the technical combo stuff, but I guess at the end of the day, that's just not what I'm looking for in this sort of game. This feels very much like when I played all through Ninja Gaiden 2, beat the last boss... and kinda dropped it, because I didn't care for all the optional basic battle challenges at all.

tl;dr version: I love the fighting system, and most of the bosses are ridiculously fun, but the levels feel too repetitive and uninspired. Very different from the Souls series, fun system, I'm glad it exists, but Bloodborne this ain't.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
if you're wondering what the best helmet is it's this one

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there any possibility of this getting a PC port eventually?

Very unlikely as Sony is the international publisher.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Any tips for kicking Muneshige's rear end in the 1v1 duel sub-mission? I've been getting my rear end handed to me for an hour and I can't summon anyone :(

Should I cheese him behind the rock or something? I mainly use a kusarigama & dual swords but maybe I'll have to switch it up to something else.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

His Iaido uses tons of ki, especially the buffed versions. His jumping slash can be punished, as can his long combo. Outrange his Iaido, or dodge it. He took me an hour, easily. Or grab his sword when he does the jump attack and one shot him.

Outrange the Raiken, paralysis is a death sentence.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Did they ever fix the save glitch of one file overwriting another?

I'm about to finish the game and probably going to start another playthrough but wondering if I need to backup my old file first.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I earned the Platinum trophy for Nioh today, this is one of the best and most enjoyable games I've played for a long time.

It's kept me massively hooked and I'm still playing lots of it (plus planning a third playthrough with a different character build). I guess because I'm getting old/played many games it's harder for games to really keep me wanting to play unless I really, really like them these days. I'm glad I decide to buy this as shortly before release I wasn't interested in it at all.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I can't convince my friend to get this even though we cooped all the dark souls together. Intervention? Is he on drugs? Sever?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RoboJoe posted:

I earned the Platinum trophy for Nioh today, this is one of the best and most enjoyable games I've played for a long time.

It's kept me massively hooked and I'm still playing lots of it (plus planning a third playthrough with a different character build). I guess because I'm getting old/played many games it's harder for games to really keep me wanting to play unless I really, really like them these days. I'm glad I decide to buy this as shortly before release I wasn't interested in it at all.

As someone who may eventually want to plat this, what are the hardest cheeves to look out for?

Glenn Quebec posted:

I can't convince my friend to get this even though we cooped all the dark souls together. Intervention? Is he on drugs? Sever?

What's their hangup? Too weeb for them?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Not even some bullshit about having a huge backlog of games. Very weak poo poo. Shameful display.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

MMF Freeway posted:

As someone who may eventually want to plat this, what are the hardest cheeves to look out for?

It's not hard but the one to get 60 blacksmith requests is time consuming because it needs a lot of gold (around 20 million I think). There is a bug where you can mash X to talk to to Tome (or Murasame) but I couldn't get that to work. This gave me the most trouble just because I find this sort of busywork quite boring.

To complete all missions after you beat the final missions you unlock an epilogue and two missions that have two bosses against you at the same time, I found the one against Yuki-Onna and Nobunaga Oda quite challenging until I levelled up some more and got some better gear.

Master of Quality for getting all the materials was a slight pain in that I had to re-do the last mission 4 or 5 times to get the item to drop from the final boss (but that's just poor luck really).

A lot of the trophies you'll unlock just by playing, only these really require much grinding/effort.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RoboJoe posted:

To complete all missions after you beat the final missions you unlock an epilogue and two missions that have two bosses against you at the same time, I found the one against Yuki-Onna and Nobunaga Oda quite challenging until I levelled up some more and got some better gear.

Wait so you don't need to do NG+? The trophy hasn't unlocked for me and I did all the main/sub missions in the main game (I'm in the final region of NG+ now) Do you need to do Twilight Missions too?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

You got extremely lucky and now you are morally obligated to respec to a full axe and heavy armor build because that set is perfect for that.

(Only mostly joking)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Help Im Alive posted:

Wait so you don't need to do NG+? The trophy hasn't unlocked for me and I did all the main/sub missions in the main game (I'm in the final region of NG+ now) Do you need to do Twilight Missions too?

You don't need to do any of the NG+ missions but the Twilight missions are a requirement (on standard/new game not NG+), I have read it might only need 6 of them complete although I do have 100% mission and twilight mission completion in my stats as a twilight mission today was the one that made my trophy pop. As far as I can tell you need to complete all the dojo missions too, especially the dual sword mission there as it unlocks a hidden mission in the Omi region.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the biggest problem for the plat is the 60 requests trophy. i have everything done now and still need around 15, can't be bothered grinding that out before dlc

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

You got extremely lucky and now you are morally obligated to respec to a full axe and heavy armor build because that set is perfect for that.

(Only mostly joking)

Lol this certainly crossed my mind but I've taken my build this far so I may as well finish the game with it. I really want to save my heavy axe man for a dedicated playthrough but of course I realize I'll never get that armor when I do. Such is life. I'm sure I'll get all the cool medium armor texts I wanted when I no longer need them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RoboJoe posted:

You don't need to do any of the NG+ missions but the Twilight missions are a requirement (on standard/new game not NG+), I have read it might only need 6 of them complete although I do have 100% mission and twilight mission completion in my stats as a twilight mission today was the one that made my trophy pop. As far as I can tell you need to complete all the dojo missions too, especially the dual sword mission there as it unlocks a hidden mission in the Omi region.

I've done all the dojo stuff so I guess it's the Twilight missions (I've only done 7 I think)

I guess it's a pretty easy platinum, they could've gotten pretty mean with it. I was half expecting 'Get all titles' to be a trophy which would've been a nightmare with all the 'beat _____ without taking a hit' titles

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Nioh is the best game ever aaah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Lol this certainly crossed my mind but I've taken my build this far so I may as well finish the game with it. I really want to save my heavy axe man for a dedicated playthrough but of course I realize I'll never get that armor when I do. Such is life. I'm sure I'll get all the cool medium armor texts I wanted when I no longer need them.

I'm actually considering trying it out myself, though I'll have to go farm the smithing text. A revenant dropped the set's axe that has Change to Attack (Stamina) A+ on it, meaning I'm all set up to do the triple-dipping on Stamina that the Obsidian Samurai set lets you do. I'll probably finish NG+ with my katana + dual katana setup first, especially since I just managed to soul match Change to Attack (Skill) A+ onto a katana that has Familiarity Damage Bonus as well and drat do I love having that.

The downside of the Obsidian Samurai set is that it's best set bonus, the Stamina damage boost, is a 7-piece set bonus. Until you can farm up a Yasakani Magatama in NG+, that locks you into using the full set plus both set weapons or you lose the main benefit, which is kind of a downer.