Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How come Gundam Virtue gets no love? That chunky thing is beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XcYQFDn_yI

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
My favourite Gundam is none of them because they're all gaudy trash. :smuggo: Grunt suit supremacy.

If you forced me to choose at gunpoint, the nu and Alex at least look extremely clean and don't have RX-78 Tonka truck colours, the G-self is kind of interestingly bug-like, the Barbatos looks sufficiently un-Gundam-like to look good even though it would look better with a different paintjob, and the normal mode Unicorn might look cool if someone took a hacksaw to its dumb little horn.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

How come Gundam Virtue gets no love? That chunky thing is beautiful

People were talking about protagonist Gundams, not the machines in general. The Virtue's a personal favourite because it's got one field of specialization and it does it very well; Shoot motherfuckers dead.

VolticSurge posted:

I'll admit,stuff like The End was still way better than the Try Burning,AKA a blatant copy-paste of the God Gundam. Or the Charlie Sheen Winning Gundam,AKA the lamest SD Gundam ever made.
But for me,the best suit in Try is still the TRYON MOTHERFUCKING 3:

The fact that it had literally the BEST fight scene in the show helps a bunch,as well.

That wasn't a high bar to strive for in Try, but let's be fair; It was definitely par with the original series' bouts. The best part of the TRYON 3 was seeing Yuuki trying so hard not to cry manly tears while basking upon the awesome radiance of its debut :allears:.

Droyer posted:

Completely agreed. That's also why the OVA was good.

Ehhhh, it was half-decent at best. Specifically the first half where they tried to give Sekai some semblance of personality and just had fun with the island trip. The second half just turns into boring masturbation once they go chasing the Scramble Gundam to a dull thud of a conclusion. The epilogue was kinda nice though, even if it's just a reminder of a much better show than the turd Try Fighters was.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Lemon-Lime posted:

My favourite Gundam is none of them because they're all gaudy trash. :smuggo: Grunt suit supremacy.

If you forced me to choose at gunpoint, the nu and Alex at least look extremely clean and don't have RX-78 Tonka truck colours, the G-self is kind of interestingly bug-like, the Barbatos looks sufficiently un-Gundam-like to look good even though it would look better with a different paintjob, and the normal mode Unicorn might look cool if someone took a hacksaw to its dumb little horn.

I love everything about the Unicorn Gundam, but I will concede that it looks pretty cool if you swap out its head with a GM head.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Well Manicured Man posted:

I love everything about the Unicorn Gundam, but I will concede that it looks pretty cool if you swap out its head with a GM head.

I'm the guy who hates Gundam heads and says every UC Gundam would look better with a GM 1.5 head, and even I think the normal mode Unicorn head looks cool.

Except for the stupid horn.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Lemon-Lime posted:

My favorite grunts are the classic Zaku II (of course),the Jegan (and variants), the Leo/Serpent,the Grimoire,the Rick Dias and the Graze series.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 24, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My favorite grunts are the Zaku II and the Flag probably.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Lemon-Lime posted:

~*TECHNICALLY A GUNDAM*~

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

3 posted:

~*TECHNICALLY A GUNDAM*~

Eh, this new Gundam is just for show.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what about everyone's favorite char/char clone robots? they're a lot less samey than protagonist gundams, and we can get some grunt suit appreciation in since there's a lot of souped up grunt suits in that lineup

personally, i love the tallgeese and the zeong. i also like char's custom z'gok quite a bit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

what about everyone's favorite char/char clone robots? they're a lot less samey than protagonist gundams, and we can get some grunt suit appreciation in since there's a lot of souped up grunt suits in that lineup

personally, i love the tallgeese and the zeong. i also like char's custom z'gok quite a bit.

Probably Tallgeese, the Mack Knife and the Flag again.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yup, Tallgeese and Flag over here too.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Tallgeese is obviously the best. Especially the original.

I'm partial to the Sinanju, with the gold trim and the fuel tanks. It's beefy without looking like it can't still move around acrobatically.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Begemot posted:

The Tallgeese is obviously the best. Especially the original.

I'm partial to the Sinanju, with the gold trim and the fuel tanks. It's beefy without looking like it can't still move around acrobatically.

Pretty much love these too. Tallgeese and it's doofy dragoon helmet rule.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Tallgeese is loving amazing. Sinanju is really great, and I'm partial to Providence.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Char: Nightingale.

Char Clone: Tallgeese III.

Char Clone Variation: Sinanju Stein.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Sazabi has an iron man chest laser

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Belly button gun like goddamn Getter Robo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

3 posted:

~*TECHNICALLY A GUNDAM*~

It's the only unequivocally good Gundam.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Look at all these scrubs not singing the praises of the Leo, best and most pyrotechnic of grunt suits :smuggo:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Char: Nightingale.

Char Clone: Tallgeese III.

Char Clone Variation: Sinanju Stein.

I can't look at the Tallgeese III without wanting to die.

Tallgeese looked great. Epyon looked great. They are not peanut butter and chocolate.:stare:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't like the zaku.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Tallgeese I is infinitely superior to II/III. III just looks kind of bad, except for the faceplate.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Char: Gelgoog.

Char Clone: Epyon.

Char Clone Variation: Vidar.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Tallgeese looked great. Epyon looked great. They are not peanut butter and chocolate.:stare:

Nah, the trident crest with swoosh is great, the arm cannon thing is great, and of course the heat whip is great.

It's tied with Heavyarms Custom EW for my favorite Wing suit. They're both perfect. :swoon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's tied with Heavyarms Custom EW for my favorite Wing suit. They're both perfect. :swoon:

We'll get that RG kit one day. Bandai promised! :ohdear:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I mean, I've got the MG so I don't need to worry about them anymore.

All I need now is a Proto Zero, Sandrock, and all of Duo/Wufei's suits and I've got the complete Wing MG set.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Gold SUMO all the way.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Gold SUMO all the way.

One day we'll get an MG. One day....

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So they just threw Wing, 08th ms team, seed, 00, and origin up on hulu.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
MF'r, right after I cancel my plus account.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

GimmickMan posted:

My favorite gundam is the wing zero custom because it looks like what I would have designed when I was 12.

ninjewtsu posted:

What would you have designed today

Probably the same but this time on fire.

EDIT: Huh? imgr doesn't work with [ timg ]? Thanks!

AtheistMantis fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 25, 2017

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

You have to open the image in a new tab, so you get a web address that ends with .jpg or .png

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Droyer posted:

You have to open the image in a new tab, so you get a web address that ends with .jpg or .png

You can also grab the "forums" share link and add a couple t's.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Favorite protag Gundams:

Turn A for all the reasons outlined in this thread.

Victory and Victory 2: once upon a time a Gundam's gimmick could be simple (atmospheric flight). I like the super prototype V2, though I have a soft spot for the mass-produced V, which is basically a high-performance grunt. It's like calling your Toyota 86 a 2000GT.

AGE-3: I love the modern ZZ look. My favorite is the Fortress mode, it's like a sleeker Seravee.

Exia: It's stabby!

F91: Give me a pair of VSBRs over any fancy guns. The afterimages and the neat beam bazooka are a plus.

X Divider: Jury-rigged beam harmonica shield and beam machine gun. Mmmm.

Alex: I have the kit on my work desk, keeping my area 100% Kampfer-free. The hidden arm cannons are my favorite.

Impulse: It's a real step up from the Strike. I think the MG Sword Impulse has some gorgeous proportions, plus it's red.

As for grunts, I'm a fan of the following:
Dom
Hizack
Geara Doga
Jegan
Leo
GINN
Flag
Graze

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Schneider Heim posted:

Victory and Victory 2: once upon a time a Gundam's gimmick could be simple (atmospheric flight).

The Victory's gimmick was it's core fighter and mass production of parts allowing it to use and sacrifice parts during battle in unique ways.

Schneider Heim posted:

F91: Give me a pair of VSBRs over any fancy guns.

Are the VSBRs not fancy guns then?

Schneider Heim posted:

Impulse: It's a real step up from the Strike.

Eh, I prefer the Strike personally. At least the base Strike and Aile Strike. The Sword and gun Strike (can't recall the real designation) aren't as nice as the Sword and Blast Impulse.

tsob fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 27, 2017

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
VSBRs can fire wide, destructive beams, or narrow, penetrating beams. They're not fancy for me because they're not flashy-looking, unlike a certain nuclear-powered Gundam's signature beam burst.

Always loved how Usso would chuck his Gundam parts at the enemy, too. But really, I do like that in UC 153 do MS get flight as a baseline spec.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
We need more late Era UC vs the bug people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/hoodleehoo/status/836370169509240836/photo/1