Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

was your army in forched march?

I went my max move distance if that's what you mean, didn't know that meant I could be auto ambushed.

Went back to an earlier save, and now I've managed to conquer Reikland, though really the defenders in the final city easily had the strength to break my siege at any time, they just never tried. I'm guessing I now need to conquer all of the other provinces I can see in order to reform the Empire, before moving on to the unmarked swirly poo poo beyond those coloured borders.

Atlas Hugged posted:

God gently caress Games Workshop and their loving toxic culture. A guy posted a gorgeous Ork army on the FLGS Facebook group and I asked if he'd be interested in playing some Firefight with them as proxying a Marauder army with an Ork one should be pretty straightforward. He replied that he wasn't interested in mixing minis and that "one man's meat was another man's poison".

gently caress games.

I think the saddest part is that he'll be able to find a game of 40k any time he wants no problem, when really with that attitude he deserves to sit alone at a set out table while everyone else plays other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I have Mantic Marauders to possibly use in 2nd ed 40k as Orks to do that Rogue Trader Astronomican campaign. I am stupid though when it comes to dorky things when I have a bright idea. But poo poo why not try a new game with your existing stuff? Are people that afraid of finding a new game they might love?

Oh wait. The DnD audience proved the answer is so loving NO on that it's absurd. :smith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

I went my max move distance if that's what you mean, didn't know that meant I could be auto ambushed.

Went back to an earlier save, and now I've managed to conquer Reikland, though really the defenders in the final city easily had the strength to break my siege at any time, they just never tried. I'm guessing I now need to conquer all of the other provinces I can see in order to reform the Empire, before moving on to the unmarked swirly poo poo beyond those coloured borders.

i dont have any of the paid faction dlc because the price for them is absurd, but it looks like beastmen get to move and ambush

quote:

Unique army stances
The Beastmen playstyle is also characterised through their unique army stances. Beastmen Ambush is their standard mode of campaign map movement and enables the army to ambush enemy forces on the move.

heres my current map. im working on eradicating the norse because they refuse to make peace with me after i exterminated the chaos hordes. once im done with them, the dwarfs and orks and next

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Me everytime they announce another star wars movie

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

kingcom posted:

Me everytime they announce another star wars movie

this but any movie from any franchise

(Which reminds me, I should actually get around to watching The VVitch and Neon Demon. They both look radical.)

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Neon Demon was my favorite film last year. It's a hell of a movie and a great companion to Only God Forgives.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Coo, my friend really wants to see it so maybe I'll have to bump it up in the queue. The visuals reminds me vaguely of Under the Skin, which was all-around awesome.

I know why it is but it still occasionally astounds me how bad some movies can be and how good others are (especially when the bad ones perform way better than the good ones).

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HardCoil posted:

Nearly the entire theater burst into laughter at the final NOOOOOOOooooo scene in the third one (I forgot what it's called). As a director, that means something is very wrong with your tragic climax. I wonder if they never screened the movies.

There's a reason for this:
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

And I'm pretty sure it's not because the movie was good...

Atlas Hugged posted:

God gently caress Games Workshop and their loving toxic culture. A guy posted a gorgeous Ork army on the FLGS Facebook group and I asked if he'd be interested in playing some Firefight with them as proxying a Marauder army with an Ork one should be pretty straightforward. He replied that he wasn't interested in mixing minis and that "one man's meat was another man's poison".

gently caress games.

At first I thought it was a case of misunderstanding, but yeah a second reading of this and my response is "that guy should be shunned until he realises how much of a lovely attitude he has".
But he'll still get games because hams :smith:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Atlas Hugged posted:

gently caress games.

what an rear end in a top hat

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Avenging Dentist posted:

(Which reminds me, I should actually get around to watching The VVitch and Neon Demon. They both look radical.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BCc1w95c4g

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

The witch is fantastic, though a lot of people didn't like how it ended.

Neon Demon is bad

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Thirsty Dog posted:

The witch is fantastic, though a lot of people didn't like how it ended.

Neon Demon is bad

Other way around for me. The Witch was a big disappointment, but after Only God Forgives I had very low expectations for Neon Demon and it blew me away.

Maybe our differences can explain why some people love Sigmarines.

I just finished my first campaign of Total War Warhammer and it makes me sad that the Old World became balls flying around in space.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Thirsty Dog posted:

Neon Demon is bad

What.

BioTech posted:

but after Only God Forgives I had very low expectations for Neon Demon

Yeah, three masterpieces in a row is nearly impossible so dropping the ball on Neon Demon was pretty likely, but here we are. The man can't make a bad movie.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Is it me or has the latest forge world email got a whopper of a spelling mistake?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Xarbala posted:

what an rear end in a top hat

At least he'll get his rear end kicked every game because orks :suicide:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

i dont have any of the paid faction dlc because the price for them is absurd, but it looks like beastmen get to move and ambush

heres my current map. im working on eradicating the norse because they refuse to make peace with me after i exterminated the chaos hordes. once im done with them, the dwarfs and orks and next

I always really like the idea of the total war games, just like Sovereignty: Crown of Kings. But then I auto calculate every single battle because the actual campaign is so much more important to me than spending loving AGES doing every single fight manually.
I learned my lesson after wasting loads of money on Medieval and then Empire. I mean gently caress, Empire let me buy Bratislava from Austria which is stupid all on its own.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yeah, three masterpieces in a row is nearly impossible so dropping the ball on Neon Demon was pretty likely, but here we are. The man can't make a bad movie.

I meant OGF was terrible and I wasn't expecting a good movie after that.

Digging the upgraded Black Coach stats. Loved that thing on the tabletop and haven't played VC yet, but can't wait to try that one.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

BioTech posted:

I meant OGF was terrible

Why would you admit to thinking this?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Not a viking posted:

At least he'll get his rear end kicked every game because orks :suicide:

This was my first thought as well

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Taear posted:

I always really like the idea of the total war games, just like Sovereignty: Crown of Kings. But then I auto calculate every single battle because the actual campaign is so much more important to me than spending loving AGES doing every single fight manually.
I learned my lesson after wasting loads of money on Medieval and then Empire. I mean gently caress, Empire let me buy Bratislava from Austria which is stupid all on its own.

If that's the case, you're looking for a Paradox game like Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings. Total war is half about epic battles and the political AI isn't that great.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

If that's the case, you're looking for a Paradox game like Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings. Total war is half about epic battles and the political AI isn't that great.

Europa Universalis 4 is good poo poo.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Chill la Chill posted:

That does make sense, after all it's called 'Total War', not 'Half War, Half Treaties' or 'Mostly Political Posturing and Strategic Marriages, With a Little War When We Run Out of Patience'.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

EU/CK are also both jokingly referred to as cuck simulators since there ends up being a lot of soap opera melodrama in your royal family that probably also really did happen in real life.

Ashcans posted:

That does make sense, after all it's called 'Total War', not 'Half War, Half Treaties' or 'Mostly Political Posturing and Strategic Marriages, With a Little War When We Run Out of Patience'.

The half-assed political system of the Rome 2 Greek campaigns was annoying. Who wants to have to assassinate their best general just because he was from a different political party? :mad:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chill la Chill posted:

The half-assed political system of the Rome 2 Greek campaigns was annoying. Who wants to have to assassinate their best general just because he was from a different political party? :mad:

Populares > Optimates

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Chill la Chill posted:

Someone who knows that being on the right team is more important than being on the winning one!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ashcans posted:

Someone who knows that being on the right team is more important than being on the winning one!

:negative: I know it really doesn't matter much in TW's case, unlike the more punishing paradox games, but the 2%!!!! increase in stats for gaining overwhelming majority favor! OTOH, having to put down your best generals since they were having delusions of coups is satisfying. :mrgw:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Chill la Chill posted:

EU/CK are also both jokingly referred to as cuck simulators since there ends up being a lot of soap opera melodrama in your royal family that probably also really did happen in real life.

EUIV is all about nations, your individual monarch doesn't matter too much.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

...do you have custom titles turned off or something?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

No. EU is up to 4 now.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

No. EU is up to 4 now.

I know it is but surely if I've got this custom title I know what a paradox game is! It seems like such a weird thing to tell me.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

i took over the entire map as athens and i dont recall ever having to murder my own generals

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

i took over the entire map as athens and i dont recall ever having to murder my own generals

Was this the Peloponnesian War campaign? And even so, you don't HAVE to. You sometimes do just to get the extra 2% bonus that doesn't really matter. Or, if you use one general too much and they get too ambitious, it saves you the trouble of a civil war.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Was this the Peloponnesian War campaign? And even so, you don't HAVE to. You sometimes do just to get the extra 2% bonus that doesn't really matter. Or, if you use one general too much and they get too ambitious, it saves you the trouble of a civil war.

no, it was the grand campaign. hard to recall the specifics outside of the gobs of screenshots i took, since its been 3.5 years now

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I mostly want the old Koei kingdom/war games. Problem is the ones I want most are like 30-40 dollar games complete on the Genesis. ( Liberty or Death and Genghis Khan 2. The only one I own is a now manualless Romance of the Three Kingdoms on the Amiga and L Empereur on the NES. Course I just got Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe last week so the games I want eventually get into my hands legally it just sometimes takes a while...)

I prefer my 4x type games to mostly be quality turn based combat with a kingdom sim wrapper though. Which is why Master of Orion 2 is still the best loving game in the genre.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

CK pretty actively encourages it since breeding your line of nobility for randiness and philandering is highly advantageous in ensuring you've got enough heirs and instrumentally useful relatives.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

LGD posted:

CK pretty actively encourages it since breeding your line of nobility for randiness and philandering is highly advantageous in ensuring you've got enough heirs and instrumentally useful relatives.

It also gives you loads of people with claims, though. Make a big dynasty and then trim :geno:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Irate Tree posted:

I'm a sucker for fables and twisted fairy tales. The Heretic looks boss and there aren't enough crones in the world :v:

Also, Bretonnia trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M

Green Knight's entry and exit is doofy...

this makes me so loving angry

i miss my glorious lances charging into masses in the name of some watery tart

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Captain Rufus posted:

I mostly want the old Koei kingdom/war games. Problem is the ones I want most are like 30-40 dollar games complete on the Genesis. ( Liberty or Death and Genghis Khan 2. The only one I own is a now manualless Romance of the Three Kingdoms on the Amiga and L Empereur on the NES. Course I just got Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe last week so the games I want eventually get into my hands legally it just sometimes takes a while...)

I prefer my 4x type games to mostly be quality turn based combat with a kingdom sim wrapper though. Which is why Master of Orion 2 is still the best loving game in the genre.

You might like Sovereignty: Crown of Kings then Rufus.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the early look at the new AoS app shows, once again, that GW can sometimes not completely have their head up their rear end. I would have posted this in the AoS thread, but we can't have nice things.

The new app is free but has a 99p/month subscription model. This subscription gives you:

• All warscrolls and battalion warscrolls
  • All points costs for all scrolls
  • List builder w/ printable and sharable list files
  • Some other digital in-game helpers (unclear here)

Similar to the Privateer app, not unreasonably priced, allows faster future updates of warscroll rules and points. I can also only assume that this is the trial for a similar 40k 8th edition app given the timing. Right now, as bad a game as AoS is, it has components that are better than 40k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Someone PM the AoS thread's OP to unlock it? Now we have actual AoS content in here and I'd rather go back to shitposting.

• Locked thread