Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Turns out, using an engine that isn't complete dogshit and not blowing your scope out the arse means you can actually deliver on a game. Wow, gently caress me, had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Angry_Pacifist might be the most broke brained individual I have ever seen. There is a cabinet full of meds somewhere that need to be taken but just gather dust.

Something bad is going to happen involving them when Star Citizen crashes as looking through posts it's clear they can legitimately not tell reality from what's happening in their head.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

CrazyTolradi posted:

Turns out, using an engine that isn't complete dogshit and not blowing your scope out the arse means you can actually deliver on a game. Wow, gently caress me, had no idea.

I'm sure it helps not having to redo everything a dozen times over because something is slightly off compared to the dream your thumb of a boss had last night.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Samizdata posted:

I disagree. That would put us in the class of Redditors, that have nothing more clever than threats, obscenities, and schoolyard insults to offer in defense of their san gréal.

Not the end there.. Like, the whole thing.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

SelenicMartian posted:

OK, who registered the thread meme account?

Tailoring is in

This is the sort of development rabbit hole games do not return from. Goodbye, Star Citizen.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

SelenicMartian posted:

To conclude this round of AtV gifs:

Just smile and scroll, boys!

http://i.imgur.com/FYlSwyW.mp4

in as dude programming while staring into direct sunlight

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

A toxx has been taken, who will take the doxx now ?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

WTFO refuses to play a game without a tutorial. Presumably that was never a problem with Star Citizen because since there is no gameplay you don't need to know how to do anything.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
:lol::lol::lol: he got an empty space pirate bar.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I was about to post "one exists" in that thread but I love *my precious karma* way too much.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=2h20m18s

It's amazing to me how dumb WTF is. I mean yeah, he's got $11 or 13k in Star Citizen ships, but even so.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

AP posted:

It's amazing to me how dumb WTF is. I mean yeah, he's got $11 or 13k in Star Citizen ships, but even so.

It looks totally like a "Quick shills! Go bad mouth this game post haste!" command from down top in that video.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I'm surrounded by all these pieces of machinery that do things to keep me alive in space but some of them don't appear to be working. I don't know what to do and I keep tripping over all these packaged boxes of spare parts. Can't someone just tell me what to do? That's not helping honestly, none of this makes sense, what am I meant to do?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

I'm surrounded by all these pieces of machinery that do things to keep me alive in space but some of them don't appear to be working. I don't know what to do and I keep tripping over all these packaged boxes of spare parts. Can't someone just tell me what to do? That's not helping honestly, none of this makes sense, what am I meant to do?

What?! You can't press <<use>> to refactor your nipplejets into fidelitous rebreather system? What a crappy game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/playhellion/status/834880521918361603

:gary:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Hellion might be poo poo I dunno, not buying it as have too much to play already.

I do think the thread would be improved by a Hellion developer appearing here to post and tell us all about the tutorial because this poo poo is funny.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I still have some cash left over from my SC refund, I'll get helion with that and report back if it's any good or not. Hell, I might even stream it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RichardOnTwitch/status/834944057394794496

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

We need a bigger cat

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheAstroPub/status/834982195378827264

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124135042?t=10m00s

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

One thing Star Citizen has going for it is that everything is so natural and self-explanatory. All of its zero gameplay options occur so organically. It's so instinctive they completely removed the tutorial.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hellion looks dull as gently caress so that's only like a hundred times better than starcitizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AP posted:

A minute after sitting in a chair while large red text displays ENGINE OFFLINE in the corner - "huh, no, doesn't work"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

How long till 3.0 (Poll)

https://strawpoll.de/1c6ey7g

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

eonwe posted:

how many years before people get fed up with them. im going with 2019

What is dead may never die.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm the 21.12% of people who picked the option that makes no sense.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

trucutru posted:

Hellion looks dull as gently caress so that's only like a hundred times better than starcitizen.

This is a fact and they never sold themselves as anything else. Its supposed to be a multiplayer hard-ish sci-fi survival game set in space and thats what it is so far. Its just Rust or Conan Exiles in space.

They never told anybody they where doing a "Skill based MMORPG and a Movies and a FPS with RTS modules and hundreds of ships and planets you can walk on and capital ships needing 20 players to crew and pets and racing and moddable private server and sataball and customizable components you need a manual to read for and NPC AI and skins and FIDELITY !!!!!!"*

*Skins not available in game yet. May be available someday.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hellion is a mix between space engineers and KSP.

In short, it's going to be extremely my poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

WTFO refuses to play a game without a tutorial. Presumably that was never a problem with Star Citizen because since there is no gameplay you don't need to know how to do anything.

HOW DO I GET OUT OF THE BED?!?!?
- first hour of playing SC

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

happyhippy posted:

Q: HOW DO I GET OUT OF THE BED?!?!?

A: CLIP THROUGH THE FLOOR!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

eeldvark posted:

Reason for 88 being used in the artwork: it's symmetrical. They can mirror it any way they like and it will still look right. It's actually kind of lazy-smart.

e: gently caress, top of new page. Do I have to post a cat/dog picture now?

bunnie also good

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Clifford_Miku/status/834974597804077056

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

:negative:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

eeldvark posted:

Reason for 88 being used in the artwork: it's symmetrical. They can mirror it any way they like and it will still look right. It's actually kind of lazy-smart.

Just entirely coincidentally it's also a white supremacist rallying cry, as it's the eighth letter of the alphabet twice.

Usually coupled with '14'.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Truga posted:

Hellion is a mix between space engineers and KSP.

In short, it's going to be extremely my poo poo.

:magical:

…but…

I have work to do. :eng99:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There is no secret CIG conspiracy to introduce obscure neo-nazi shibboleths into Star Citizen. :cmon:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
But alex jones isn't obscure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know I think SC has nothing to fear from Hellion.
I haven't seen a mop or rail to lean on anywhere in the game.
And how are they meant to be a space game with no sand worms?!?