Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Just like his hero, Pepe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Garrand posted:

I don't think that man was literally thrown anywhere at all.

You would be surprised just what can be accomplished by endless waves of disposable min wage employees.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My thoughts, in order.

"Hah, dumb photoshop. Obviously it's meant to say flashlight."
"Actually, that's a surprisingly good photoshop."
"What's a public flashlight, though? Never heard of that. I guess it makes sense as a public safety thing on a beach, it gets pretty dark at night. But why is it on a chain? How does this work?"
"Is it for signaling your friends, maybe? Spotting people in the water?"
"Where is this, anyway?"
"..."
"Of course it's loving Burning Man"

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Is the "..." part when you realised it says "fleshlight" on purpose?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I can't believe this beanbag chair achieved sentience

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Breetai posted:

That screenshot is over 9 years old.

I remember it when it was originally posted.

gently caress I feel old.

same

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

This is amazing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

throw to first drat IT posted:

You would be surprised just what can be accomplished by endless waves of disposable min wage employees.

I'm picturing them just rolling him out the door like Violet Beauregard.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

HAHAHAAHAH a loving chiropractor, of course. No one with any actual scientific or medical knowledge could have concocted this idea. :iceburn:

I love how his website has a large banner that says their Facebook page was hacked.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I don't get the standing so far apart thing. It looks freezing out there, shouldn't they be huddling up for warmth?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dienes posted:

I love how his website has a large banner that says their Facebook page was hacked.

I've been wasting my life not hacking chiropractors' Facebook pages, evidently

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm the moment between reading that comment and realizing that I have the perfect Minion reaction GIF for it

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Panfilo posted:

I don't get the standing so far apart thing. It looks freezing out there, shouldn't they be huddling up for warmth?

Scandinavians (and Finns) have a personal sphere of about two meters.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Scandinavians (and Finns) have a personal sphere of about two meters.

How do you pass each other in a hallway or a bar?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

How do you pass each other in a hallway or a bar?
Very uncomfortably, I'd imagine.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Alcohol makes it easier for us.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well that's just a universal truth.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

Goons sure are preoccupied with making sure everyone knows they have sophisticated and adventurous palates.

Someone could post about ripping the liver right out of a stray dog and eating it raw, and goons would be like "actually dog liver is a fine cut, sorry for your baby tastebuds"

Sorry for the month old quote, but literally just yesterday in DnD I saw "actually meat with boar taint is perfectly fine, sorry about your bland tastes"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Holy loving hell was that guy right. I have never in my life seen so much unashamed gluttony in one place.

Yeah, it's something else. Good lord. Ends up being cheaper than a movie and the entertainment is always well worth it.

Also it doesn't matter when you go, you are guaranteed to see headliner NACHO NIÑO no matter what. It may not be cheese, but there absolutely will be a kid in a highchair flinging food around like one of those robot toys where the arms pinwheel like crazy, and both of his or her parents will be oblivious (gotta keep your DPS up, after all).

I think my favorite Golden Corral event was seeing a 8- or 9-year-old kid faceplant at full speed into the heaping plate of mashed potatoes and sawmill gravy he was carrying. Just sprinting as fast as he could with outstretched arms and trips (probably slipped on a chocolate-drenched chicken leg) and BOOM facedown on the floor, covered in potatoes and gravy. Poor kid looked like he was there for that big pie fight in The Three Stooges.

His mom just kept eating :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I am simultaneously happy and sad that we don't have Golden Corral in Sweden.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I am simultaneously happy and sad that we don't have Golden Corral in Sweden.

I live in a city in SW Ontario that has three Chinese buffets in a town of <100,000, and after reading those posts, it made me realize that the poo poo I saw at the cheapest $10 buffet was nothing compared to those posts. I'm almost fascinated by how worse it gets than anything I've ever experienced.

It almost makes me want to put a travel group together just to visit some and compared observations.

I still see nothing wrong with this :colbert:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
While you should rightly be both, you should be slightly sadder than happier.

It's a fantastic celestial collision of staff consisting of bored teenagers, obese gluttonous shameless patrons that will complain about anything and everything and throw a loud public tantrum if the fresh mac & cheese isn't out RIGHT AT NOON WHEN IT SHOULD BE DAMNIT I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER, and unsupervised children. All of these things meet at high velocity and create a veritable supernova of "What the gently caress?"

The food isn't great, but you don't go for the food--you go for the entertainment.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

That's a pretty good power move

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I think I saw a Golden Corral once when visiting my inlaws in Montana, but the idea of a Montabna buffet horrifies me.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

When I was 10 I ate at Hometown Buffet for the first time and then went home and barfed. And that's my buffet story.

The only good buffet is Souplantation, which I believe rightly has a new name.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to eat at the local Ryan's a lot before they closed down. :smith: I fully accept my shame.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Sagebrush posted:

"I've...eaten things...you people wouldn't believe.
A taco sextet with fire sauce, off the shoulder of I-80.
I watched cinna-buns glitter in the dark at the Tannhäuser bakery.
All those...meals...will be lost in time...like vegetables...in nacho cheese.
Time...to diet..."

:five:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

whiteyfats posted:

I used to eat at the local Ryan's a lot before they closed down. :smith: I fully accept my shame.

Before the one here got shutdown (for health code violations I think) I would go there and just to fill up on rolls and that honey butter stuff.

I think I've been to GC once in my life. I don't remember anything entertaining from it though

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Garrand posted:

Before the one here got shutdown (for health code violations I think) I would go there and just to fill up on rolls and that honey butter stuff.

I think I've been to GC once in my life. I don't remember anything entertaining from it though

The one in Gainesville just closed down when all the Ryan's did, I think. Food wasn't terrible for the price.

Then they opened another buffet that was open for a few months, closed for remodeling, then never opened back up.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

What Finland means to you?
Emilia Friman, 6: "Nothing"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Casual dining buffets in the south are magical places. Not just the chain ones--there are feisty independent buffet places with weird customers AND weird food. Breaded and fried broccoli already mixed with hot liquid cheese. Just thinking about that slowly congealing mass in the buffet warmer dish makes me a little queasy.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

All he had to do was this:

"Sir, we are going to have to ask you to leave."
"Make me."
(Buffet staff look at each other simultaneously)
(Man slowly slides an entire plate of discarded hot wing bones onto the floor like a cat)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

queserasera posted:

Casual dining buffets in the south are magical places. Not just the chain ones--there are feisty independent buffet places with weird customers AND weird food. Breaded and fried broccoli already mixed with hot liquid cheese. Just thinking about that slowly congealing mass in the buffet warmer dish makes me a little queasy.

Here in Oklahoma we call that a "casserole". It's good for you because it's got broccoli in it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

He looks more like the sit-down restaurant type.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Heath posted:

All he had to do was this:

"Sir, we are going to have to ask you to leave."
"Make me."
(Buffet staff look at each other simultaneously)
(Man slowly slides an entire plate of discarded hot wing bones onto the floor like a cat)

Buffet staff replaces buffet with salad and NO DRESSING

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
While I can't account for the horrible parents, a lot of denizens at Golden Corral and similar places are senior citizens who are too old or inept to cook their own meals and go to places like this because old people like to loiter in eating establishments since they have little else to do when their kids won't visit or care for them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unfortunately that particular story is fake, but I think there have been a few cases of people suing for all-you-can-eat buffets kicking them out for eating inordinate amounts of food.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I listened to a podcast once where the guest comedian told the story of pissing right beside one of the producers of Last Comic Standing. Dude dropped trou just to take a piss in a urinal.

So in other words:

neonbregna posted:

That's a pretty good power move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Unfortunately that particular story is fake, but I think there have been a few cases of people suing for all-you-can-eat buffets kicking them out for eating inordinate amounts of food.

It was a Simpsons episode, for starters.

• Locked thread