Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Relevant Tangent posted:

if you're not making poo poo up about Godzillas and Hitlers and the super human powers of those that came before (and how you can access them by smoking these herbs and eating these mushrooms) your tribe is going to be absolutely hosed when my tribe encounters them

pff like any goons have the social skills to be part of a tribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Augus posted:

pay the brokebrain who was melting down about Milo's pedo stuff no mind.

He was? Lol.

What a dumbass

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

replace town halls in republican districts with struggle sessions

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!

tacodaemon posted:

for sale at cpac

someone buy me one, tia cpac goons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/mic/status/835213465409191937

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/house-republicans-obamacare-repeal-package-235343

lol

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
lol, there is a bill in the kentucky house, proposed by eastern kentucky nutbag Stan Lee, that would up the seperation period for divorce from 60 to 180 days and force litigants with children to have a hearing in front of the judge where the judge decides whether or not the marriage is irretrievably broken

if the judge decides it is not, no divorce for you, you get sent to mandatory marriage counseling (paid for out of your pocket)

lol, kentucky is the greatest

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
is drinking a 750ml bottle of whiskey by yourself over the course of a weekend considered alcoholism y/n

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

wapo humor columnist alexandra petri is tweeting lots of photos of cpac t-shirt booths
https://mobile.twitter.com/petridishes

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wonder how things are going in the alternate timeline where Hillary won WI MI & PA. Seems like best case scenario would be a 50-50 Senate plus Trump screaming every day about voter fraud.

Alt-Trump got helicoptered and everyone cheered.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

I know this is like an hour old by now, but oh my god they actually did it. They're kicking the press they don't like out of their briefings. Oh my god.

Apraxin posted:

that's not even the most jesus tittyfucking christ thing he posted today:
https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/834882694605602816
just smashing our opponents, stamping them into the ground with our jackboots, nothing to be concerned about

This is the party of States' Rights and small government, right here, folks.

ex post facho posted:

is drinking a 750ml bottle of whiskey by yourself over the course of a weekend considered alcoholism y/n

In Trump's America we call that coping.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Former Everything posted:

lol, there is a bill in the kentucky house, proposed by eastern kentucky nutbag Stan Lee, that would up the seperation period for divorce from 60 to 180 days and force litigants with children to have a hearing in front of the judge where the judge decides whether or not the marriage is irretrievably broken

if the judge decides it is not, no divorce for you, you get sent to mandatory marriage counseling (paid for out of your pocket)

lol, kentucky is the greatest

that's some 1800's poo poo

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

ex post facho posted:

Answer is:

Who cares, Just do it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Relevant Tangent posted:

Alt-Trump got helicoptered and everyone cheered.
planet terror style or that one guy on the set of the twilight zone film who jumped into the helicopter blades from above style

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Former Everything posted:

holy gently caress, boyd county:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article134722264.html

hmm, a punisher skull on police cruisers? well why would you do

just a tip, if you're defending something you do and, unprompted, you feel compelled to say "I'm not a racist" you're most definitely a loving racist

hey look, a city council member who won't be re-elected lol

umm, kentucky's reddit community is a force for good? what in the gently caress?

oh man:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

The proposal also includes penalties for individuals who fail to maintain continuous coverage. If they have a lapse and decide to re-enroll, they would have to pay a 30 percent boost in premiums for a year. Like the unpopular individual mandate, that penalty is intended to discourage individuals from waiting until they get sick to get coverage.
are you loving kidding me

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Subsidies are dead, medicaid expansion is dead and the plans based on income are dead. Taxes on cadillac plans are being rolled back, instead moving onto people who's jobs give them healthcare. So billionaires can get whatever healthcare they want tax & penalty free, while everybody else who has good coverage from work is paying taxes to cover poors piecemeal. Healthcare is entering a new nadir

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i mean, i drank most of a bottle of larceny 92 proof kentucky bourbon last weekend and started to wonder a little bit, but i dont really care tbh

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

that seems extremely complicated and retarded

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Shageletic posted:

It's interesting to here that there isn't any "strong local media" as being in NYC has spoiled me in many ways, but the voracious appetite it has on digging poo poo up on Deblazio, Cuomo, and other state leaders is both strong and good.

Cable consolidation really hosed over Kansas I guess?

yeah I mean we have network news but that's just been "who got murdered and who got kittens today: the show" since the 90s

My town had, until 2010 (?) or so, an independent cable company owned in part by the newspaper, but that was bought up by Knology when the paper started having troubles, and now its WOW! Cable- went from being so-so but with really great local customer service to horrible with cust serv line quality that makes me wonder if I'm calling 1946

Most local newspapers are already dead or dying; ours is being run by a skeleton crew of one on-the-scene tweeter, a sexist liberal columnist who is a nice guy but whose "Town Talk" column reads like Garrison Keillor without the edge (I know), and a handful of staffers posting AP/Reuters columns and judiciously avoiding avoiding talking at all about rape issues we've been having at the university for the last two, three, fifty years.

we have local cable channel 6, but that is one pretty good late night talk show that they're slowly trying to kill, a show called Jayni's Kitchen which is exactly what you think it is, and twenty hours of TowerCam with the weather

it bad

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nonsense posted:

Subsidies are dead, medicaid expansion is dead and the plans based on income are dead. Taxes on cadillac plans are being rolled back, instead moving onto people who's jobs give them healthcare. So billionaires can get whatever healthcare they want tax & penalty free, while everybody else who has good coverage from work is paying taxes to cover poors piecemeal. Healthcare is entering a new nadir
so, essentially, the return of the mass killing of WWII vets by reagan

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Turdfuzz posted:

YEA BAD TO THE BONE

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
found my black queen cleopatra

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i can see why they made this guy a mod

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!
I drove thru Kentucky once and we stopped for gas at a place where I kid you not, there was an elementary school and a very overtly advertised adult bookstore right across the street from each other

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

How the gently caress is ken bone only 34

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

dude is at least three and a half bills with no sense of how to present himself

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tenderjerk posted:

I drove thru Kentucky once and we stopped for gas at a place where I kid you not, there was an elementary school and a very overtly advertised adult bookstore right across the street from each other

That describes most red states pretty well, for all their self-righteousness, their only growth industries are vice.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

He's lived a life of "worrying" about the welfare of others and then voting against it.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cnn front page is mad

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Augus posted:

are you loving kidding me

Actually I think it's a good addition. One of the weaknesses of ACA was that penalties for the individual mandate weren't high enough. People would just sign up for insurance get a really expensive procedure and then stop coverage. A lot of people were gaming the system because the incentives weren't dialed in right. And as a consequence it's one of the reasons why the exchanges were doing so bad.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

dude is at least three and a half bills with no sense of how to present himself

don't doxx me :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

That describes most red states pretty well, for all their self-righteousness, their only growth industries are vice.
their chief export is meth and their only recreation is heroin

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm glad the gop morons came up with a convoluted and horrible replacement. bing bong so simple, they said!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's no way that repeal act is real.

It even hurts the olds.

Also this Sean spicer thing is a stalking horse. If the other news orga pitch a fit, they'll blow it off as nothing and just a problem about the size of the room.

If abc, cbs go along with it, assuming Fox News stays, they'll see how far they can push it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk posted:

i'm glad the gop morons came up with a convoluted and horrible replacement. bing bong so simple, they said!!!

TRUMP

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

cnn front page is mad

but they still think both sides are equally bad right

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
in heartwarming news: http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/23/technology/delete-uber-sexual-harassment/index.html

quote:

This week, when some users went to delete their Uber accounts, they received an email saying the company is "deeply hurting" following a former engineer's allegations of systemic sexism at the company. The culture detailed by Susan Fowler made some customers vow to stop using the app.

:qq:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

deep hurting

NOO he must not be named

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014