Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ein Sexmonster posted:

But you were and have been talking about technical issues that'd be immediately obvious - also, people on the fence will watch twitch/youtube playthroughs, and if the game was bad you'd see preorders get canceled, news articles everywhere, etc.

That's not just me taking shots in the dark, it comes from multiple review sites who played the four-hour early access thing and noted the technical issues, performance problems, stiff animations, etc. If nobody was mentioning those things then there'd be nothing to talk about. Maybe they really will fix it all in post, but if anything about the history of games is relevant, this is wishful thinking at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

That's not just me taking shots in the dark, it comes from multiple review sites who played the four-hour early access thing and noting the technical issues, stiff animations, etc. If nobody was mentioning those things then there'd be nothing to talk about.
You clearly missed my point. Those issues are present in the press build. If they're still in at early access that will be a big problem that people will be talking about

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Looking forward to all the beautify mods to fix up the dough faced Vin Diesel asari

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You clearly missed my point. Those issues are present in the press build. If they're still in at early access that will be a big problem that people will be talking about

So theoretically if it continued to be a problem, you'd cancel your preorder?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Glenn Quebec posted:

Looking forward to all the beautify mods to fix up the dough faced Vin Diesel asari

Black lines are slimming.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I thought people were saying Traynor and got really confused.

To be fair I also put a lot of thought into oral hygiene and strategy games.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

If it was affecting a lot of people I would until it was fixed, yea. If it was rarer I'd wait until launch then refund it, which is a thing you can do for 24 hours after playing.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Glenn Quebec posted:

"Who you callin' Vin Diesel?"
/

(I mean it's about time we had a new asari emote right)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mod to make Peebee look more like Vin Diesel when

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Anybody notice this line in Natalie Dormer's VA promo:

https://youtu.be/erJhJEewCgM?t=38

My guess is the non-played Ryder sibling gets sidelined because they have a bad reaction to Dad Ryder's AI interface.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Were you ever able to gently caress the gilf doctor lady? I don't remember

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

No but you could get hammered with her on alien hooch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nevets posted:

Anybody notice this line in Natalie Dormer's VA promo:

https://youtu.be/erJhJEewCgM?t=38

My guess is the non-played Ryder sibling gets sidelined because they have a bad reaction to Dad Ryder's AI interface.

basically everyone and they came to the same conclusion

the better line is at 50 seconds though

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

if its bad and i bought you a copy would you play it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

IcePhoenix posted:

basically everyone and they came to the same conclusion

the better line is at 50 seconds though

Ha ha holy poo poo I missed that the first time around. drat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

As commerce areas go, the ME2 Citadel was as boring as possible. Stack of three rectangles and nothing interesting to look at.

ME1 had one town and it was pretty awesome.

ME2 had three towns. Omega was pretty awesome and fun to explore. Citadel was ridiculously bad, especially since you can see the "old" Citadel town from Anderson's window but you can't go shop there what the gently caress. Illium was as boring as Citadel, in fact a little moreso.

ME3 was back to one town, but this time Citadel was properly large and also changed frequently throughout the game, which made going back there not so bad.

The only reason ME2 gets a pass for boring towns is that you only have to visit each one like once, maybe twice if you're obsessive about buying everything.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

they're looking at the recommended specs, which are theoretically recommended because they're the minimum hardware you need to make the game look & run good

If not having to accommodate the PS3 anymore is indicative of optimization issues (maybe it is in some ways) then the new standard has been around for a little while now. Everything's got pretty identical recommendations between Doom, Dishonored 2, DX: Mankind Divided, plus the other newer Frostbite engine game, and whatever else is at that level on 'high' settings at 1080p. The legitimate optimization issue test is gonna be when people start seeing how far off the mark they fudged the listed specs or were generous about them. Hopefully more Doom than Dishonored 2.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

DrNutt posted:

Ha ha holy poo poo I missed that the first time around. drat.

it's kind of a brutal thing to joke about if you actually know the guy!

also:

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/835217802755715072

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I look forward to once again playing and enjoying the gently caress out of a BioWare game while reading all the funny posts from people who have been mad at the company for literally over a decade but still keep playing their games and/or making GBS threads up their threads.

The cycle continues. :shepface:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Medlar posted:

I like that comparison--though I got more of a Babylon 5-level of self-aware/sardonic humor than SG1. A few pages back somebody was extolling how good the Citadel DLC was and I agree it was at least the best ME3 expansion if not the best part of ME3.

The current-year hair/makeup-style and personality for the characters I've seen thus far feel a little jarring for a futuristic game. Does Rastaman really need them dreads? I see that crossfit games-haircut the blond sports at the gym all the time and it's already losing its luster for me. I'm surprised one of the male characters isn't rocking a manbun.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking. That said, I'd slam Peebles even if her personality is that of an annoying child's.

I sound like I'm about to start writing fan-fic

What I get from this post is that we need Centauri hairstyles in Mass Effect. I agree.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

I noticed Dormer is in the N7 hoodie. They really must be as comfy as people say.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Trast posted:

I noticed Dormer is in the N7 hoodie. They really must be as comfy as people say.

They are. Ive had mine stolen 3 times by various exes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bud K ninja sword posted:

They are. Ive had mine stolen 3 times by various exes.

Is it just the one they sell on the bioware store? I could probably use a new hoodie for the spring, mine are getting old.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

IcePhoenix posted:

Is it just the one they sell on the bioware store? I could probably use a new hoodie for the spring, mine are getting old.

i had the original one, then the upgraded one. the newer one is nicer http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/hoodies/black-n7-elite-armour-stripe-hoody

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I am also a giant dork alcoholic that works in hybrid cloud environment IT.

Choose wisely

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wore a Run-DMC shirt to work yesterday and my boss congratulated me for being politically aware. So, on the plus side, I get to wear what I want, on the unplus side, my boss is a loving moron.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Bud K ninja sword posted:

i had the original one, then the upgraded one. the newer one is nicer http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/hoodies/black-n7-elite-armour-stripe-hoody

You will never see someone that handsome ever wearing that hoodie outside of that picture.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Breach loading laser shotgun :stwoon:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

precision posted:

I wore a Run-DMC shirt to work yesterday and my boss congratulated me for being politically aware. So, on the plus side, I get to wear what I want, on the unplus side, my boss is a loving moron.

Yeah public enemy shirts are a pretty big staple of my professional office attire.

FunkMonkey posted:

You will never see someone that handsome ever wearing that hoodie outside of that picture.

oh you. :allears:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ijyt posted:

I know, right? I'm just loving :vince:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I have a couple of friends who own zero other pieces of geek-branded clothing who own some of the N7 line. It looks way better than the normal "T-shirt with print" or "bad hoodie" nerd stuff.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
The hell is going on that a game like this wants 16 GB of RAM? :wtf:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

The hoodie doesn't look hideously nerdy so it would be something I'd actually consider buying. Except for the fact that I live in South Florida where it is currently 85 degrees and 60% humidity outside in February. Not exactly hoodie weather.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Trast posted:

The hoodie doesn't look hideously nerdy so it would be something I'd actually consider buying. Except for the fact that I live in South Florida where it is currently 85 degrees and 60% humidity outside in February. Not exactly hoodie weather.
You could always just make it a crop top hoodie, you know. That'd keep you cool.

Roadie posted:

All Reccomended SPec are just "What's a top of the line modern system?" Don't even fuckin' think twice about it.

Teh Min Specs are the ones that matter, and even those are usually exaggerated to cover the company's rear end - not that that's a bad thing though. If you're near minspecs then you''ll run it, and if you're higher than min specs you'll run it well.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

FunkMonkey posted:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I wore an N7 hoodie because i was a cool trendsetter back in 2010 and then I stopped because I saw a bunch of dorks wearing them :smug:

Now I try to avoid reflective surfaces where possible

Also who the hell preorders games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress, touche.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Roadie posted:

It's not necessarily that the game wants all that ram, it's a suggestion that the whole system might need that much. Windows, web browser, Steam, Origin, etc. all running forgotten in the background might take up 4gb, leaving an 8gb system with only 4gb to devote exclusively to a game. 12gb is probably a more accurate suggestion, but you can't buy a pair of 6gb sticks.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Trast posted:

I have a server room, despite FL, I keep that bitch at 65 and i would die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

ijyt posted:

It's cool and all, but for me it's turning the Carifex that I already love into an actual bolt pistol. I'm gonna :commissar: some xeno scum.

Now, if I can put those explosive rounds into the Widow and recreate the amazing gently caress off sniper rifles you could build in ME1 with Explosive Rounds X and two Scram Rails X, I'd be happy for months.