Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Tolkien minority posted:

brutal hatecrimes are still bad even if the victim does coke sometimes hth

Oh that wasn't a shot at him. The entire story is a mess and I guarantee this is not the first time her family has been totally nasty. She wants the luxury of being a SAHM (I bet money she has a blog) but doesn't want to stick up for her husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
instead of grinding his WoW character for a week she should grind genitals together with him

just one poster's opinion

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Or just gently caress him a bunch, buy him his character boost.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The fact that the dude actually took his wife to a hotel (albeit separate rooms) and flew back with her after that makes me think he used up all his self-control for a lifetime up, which also explains the coke.

That poo poo is grounds to do a burnout with her standing in the driveway, head straight to the airport for the first flight out, then changing the locks when you get home.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like to think my wife would jump in there and help me fight off her family if they just started attacking me for no reason.

Not that that's likely to come up because my life isn't a nightmare.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WampaLord posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of this show.

Yeah add in the gay marriage and some non-standard, leather-based police uniforms which show plenty of manly chest hair and that sounds like the greatest thing that ever will be

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

FabioClone posted:

I like to think my wife would jump in there and help me fight off her family if they just started attacking me for no reason.

Not that that's likely to come up because my life isn't a nightmare.

:same:

At the very least, I would expect her to not immediately jump in to help them

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Never date french people

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Psycho Society posted:

Good for her jumping in with her family when they decided to spontaneously assault her husband, gotta let that dirty hispanic animal know his place after all.

Like seriously she is racist as gently caress, why did she get involved in this relationship in the first placee
She's probably too racist to get involved with a black dude in order to make Daddy mad and had to make do with a Latino.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I just was thinking of the brawny cousin again and how the brat mentioned all this money he had to buy stuff- did it never occur to her that he probably inherited money from his dead dad?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I just was thinking of the brawny cousin again and how the brat mentioned all this money he had to buy stuff- did it never occur to her that he probably inherited money from his dead dad?

Or life insurance.

Nah he's a nasty drug dealer duh.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

zegermans posted:

(gently caress MO)

As a hideous man-beast lairing in Springfield, correct.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Gaunab posted:

This girl [25F] that I'm [26M] dating is awesome, but appears to have a boyfriend already. He's [29M] gay.

https://youtu.be/rD2PrJVfFt0

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Please do, they are amazingly train wreck-y, particularly with the awful awful rhetoric about gods and the Iron Temple.

The Iron Temple is now officially part of the setting for the RPG I'm writing. I'll put it in as a hyper-masculine reactionary faction against the matriarchal religious establishment.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*whipcrack* you are training in a gym called GOR

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Wait, so was the husband a highly-paid tech guy or an investor in the modeling industry? I feel like the backstory changed there.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wait, so was the husband a highly-paid tech guy or an investor in the modeling industry? I feel like the backstory changed there.

I think both? Gotta put those sweet 6 figgies to work

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

one of the comments specifies he makes so much money as a techie (and started straight out of highschool because he was such a prodigy) that he invests in modeling as a hobby or something

dude sounds like he has no reason to put up with this lady's poo poo if he can do cocaine with models and not get assaulted by their racist families

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Nazzadan posted:

My doctor is a gains goblin

YOU WENT TO HIM FOR A KNEE INJURY IN THE FIRST PLACE

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

gymrats are weird lol

WampaLord posted:

Holy gently caress these gains people are literally insane.

Faffel posted:

gymrat nerds are every dangerous red flag combined into one man

Crushing insecurity propped up by a sense of "Well now I'm ripped so I deserve affection and love" combined with crippling social issues leads to some crazy fuckin guys.

Fullhouse posted:

are these people in a loving cult

Nazzadan posted:

The subreddit I'm getting these from has a rule against advocating cardio lmao

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I just assume all of these guys are cut from the same mold as the "how many days are in two weeks" bodybuilding.com thread.

LMAO at goons discovering a painfully obvious parody subforum and taking it 100% literally. You´d think that talking about praying at the Iron Temple while people respond to your prayers with Wheymen! would give it away, but nope. Everybody who works out and isn´t a fat goony slob must be literally insane.
LMAO

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Was this rather stupid?

quote:

Yesterday I think broke a rule about deleting hot chicks from my friends in Facebook.
Said Hot Girl was indeed pretty hot. We talked a whole lot in IM programs and whatnot, and I told her I liked her and she liked me, and we were pretty good, but nothing really serious. After a while, we both parted different ways and stopped talking amongst each other. We could have went further, but the whole Long Distance Relationship and the fact that she was just pretended to be interested in me didn't pan out.
Yesterday, she posts something on Facebook that got my Racismdar up and going, which is, not really verbotem but still: "Black guys dating fat white chicks? Ew. Yuck. No." I'm normally a laid-back kind of guy, but this sounds like blatant racism to me.
This is what basically goes down. Again, not really verbotem:
"Black guys dating fat white chicks? Ew. No."
"(Boyfriend of hers)Haha, that's pretty funny,"
"(Me) Really? I mean, really?"
"What? It just had to be said, Ha. :D"
"Seriously? I mean, you don't get the concept at all?"
". . .Fat White chicks dating black guys? It's icky?"
"Almost got the concept down. Almost."
"It's the concept that matters. :)"
"(friend of hers, totally unrelated) What she's trying to say she's prejudiced against black guys and fat chicks. Way to be a bigot!(sarcasm?)"
"Seriously? I mean you don't get the concept AT all?"
"Yeah, that's pretty much it. @Me: Seeing how you commented the same thing four times, I don't really care, I have my own reasons to be racists and I intend to keep it as it is."
After this, I pretty much shake my head, delete her and go on. I still get e-mail notifications and her boyfriend was trying to derail the conversation because he knew some poo poo was going to go down and the last notification I got was her commenting: "I mean some of them are good people and most of them are...disgusting people in general."
What The gently caress.
tl;dr I deleted a hot chick from facebook because she said something racist and was being painfully obvious that she didn't give a gently caress about what she said.
So, was it in good notion to delete her because she said something that could be construed as racism or am I just sitting on my moral high horse?
Edit: Fixed for further clarity and formatting.

Comments

quote:

What is your question? You can delete "friends" on Facebook for whatever reason you feel like. Who cares? Why was this important enough that you felt you needed validation?
OP

quote:

Did I, or did I not, gently caress up a rule? That is the question!
If the racism comment don't fit, you must delete!

quote:

Is this one of three hot girls you know or something? She had a boyfriend and it doesn't sound like you hung out enough to meet her friends. Why does this decision matter to you at all?

Not entirely related but going through his posting history he's a very active furry, brony, frequently posts on the r/gaming subreddit with stupid jokes that get 1's of upvotes. I sorta wish I didn't go through the post history.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

the heat goes wrong posted:

LMAO at goons discovering a painfully obvious parody subforum and taking it 100% literally. You´d think that talking about praying at the Iron Temple while people respond to your prayers with Wheymen! would give it away, but nope. Everybody who works out and isn´t a fat goony slob must be literally insane.
LMAO

disciple of brodin spotted

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Tolkien minority posted:

brutal hatecrimes are still bad even if the victim does coke sometimes hth

I think the point was that being high on cocaine and getting your poo poo wrecked by two dudes is potentially more dangerous to your health than getting stomped without a powerful stimulant in your bloodstream.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*Slams through a window*

Well ACTUALLY, If you knew a thing or two about IRONY, maybe you'd understand that it's annoying to read and unfunny on PURPOSE :smugbert: You drat fools

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

LMAO

You tell 'em brother, get this Brokis out of here so we can praise the all-spotter some more.

Wheymen

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

LMAO
I think it's people hamming up their genuine beliefs - obviously they aren't literally praying at an iron temple and that's just for fun, but chances are they actually do things like "feel aggrieved over doctor suggesting they stop lifting because of their knee injury" and "take dangerous weightloss drug" and that's weird, to me.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

Was this rather stupid?

quote:

verbotem

Verbotem: the forbidden verbatim

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 24, 2017

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I (M18) have been seeing a girl (F18) for a over a year now with no intention of ever dating her. Is what I'm doing wrong? Details inside.

quote:

I ask this question not because of a specific event that has occurred recently, but mostly because I've noticed a few other people posting about situations where guys they're with won't date them, and the general consensus from you guys is that they're toxic. Comments of this nature make me feel as though perhaps I'm not being as honest and truthful with myself as I think I am, so I'm here to lay it on the line, and hear what a group of (hopefully) unbiased individuals have to say about the matter.
So, Charlotte and I met a little over a year ago now, and hit it off straight away. I'd struggled with girls for many years, but having finally ended my awkward teen phase, I was slowly becoming my own man. And while I'd always wanted a girl to fill the void that I perceived in my life when I was younger, I'd finally reached a point where I realised the only person that could fulfil me was myself. Unsurprisingly, this increase in confidence made me more attractive to women, and less inclined towards the idea of wanting a relationship. Such is life.
So, things moved pretty quickly. We slept together pretty soon, and were spending lots of time with each other. We met each other's families, went out together, acted very 'relationshippy'. However, I established that it wasn't a good time for me to be taken, and that I had no intention of wanting a relationship. She assured me that she felt the same way, and so we continued on in that manner. Like FWB, but just closer. Dating without the officiality or exclusivity, if you will.
So, while I was quite inexperienced with women and relationships, I knew how to set boundaries and voice my mind. I don't like playing games, or creating drama, and I will always advocate honesty and straightforwardness over ambiguity. However, from the get-go I was sure to initiate a policy of silence when it came to other people. She can do whatever she wants as long as I don't have to know, and vice versa.
Prior to me, she'd dated quite a few immature guys, and made some bad decisions, so she was naturally still a bit immature in the way she acted. She'd snoop a lot in the early phases, and try and make me jealous by mentioning other guys. I openly condemned this sort of behaviour and told her it had to stop. I never became spiteful or reacted back, although I certainly could have hurt her easily by telling her about other girls. This behaviour stopped when she realised I would neither feed, nor tolerate this sort of behaviour.
These days we have a great thing going. She's matured a lot, and I'm always as good as I can be to her. We see each other multiple times a week, have great relationships with each other's families, a great sex life, and we never argue. However, it's not all sunshine and rainbows...
There have been quite a few incidents - 4 to date - where she had broken down and professed how difficult the situation is for her. Every time I have been very straightforward in my responses. Each time I have told her that nothing has changed; I enjoy what we have, but I have no intention of dating her. The most recent time happened about four months ago, and I said to her that she was clearly hurting, and that if she couldn't end it then I would.
She convinced me to stay with her by using an argument in the strain of "It's better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all." Basically she said that I make her happy, and the pros definitely outweigh the cons, though there certainly are still cons. As an adult, I decided that she was free to make her own decisions, and it's not my place to make them for her. So I once again established where we were at, and we have been fine since the latest meltdown.
I get very mixed reviews when I tell people about this arrangement. The general consensus is guys saying I've got a great set-up, and girls commenting on how unfortunate she is. But honestly, I feel like a lot of people need to get off their loving high horses and realise that a title doesn't mean poo poo at the end of the day. Girls in abusive relationships have had the nerve to tell me that I'm being awful to her, when in reality I'm honest, and caring, and helpful whenever I can be. But perhaps I'm being overly defensive.
So, some clarifications. I do get with other girls frequently, and have slept with other girls while with her. I am open with these girls too, and let them know that there is no chance of exclusivity, and in several cases have even made it clear that I am frequently seeing another girl. However, as it is none of them are as serious as Charlotte is. I am always sure to use a condom, and I do get STI check-ups after each new girl.
It may sound hypocritical to suggest that I am "open and honest" with Charlotte while simultaneously withholding information about other women, but I believe that telling her about them would just be cruel, and I see no way in which it is beneficial. There are assumptions of absurdity in this world, and assumptions of necessity. The mere fact that I have no interest in a relationship, and have told her as much should strongly imply that there are other girls. As far as I know, she is not with any other men.
Some last points, she has fully admitted having strong feelings for me. Each time she has, I have told her that while I care about her, I do not have similar feelings. I have never used the word 'love', or anything similar to it, and have always stayed off the topic of being exclusive unless it was me specifically stating that it's not going to happen.
So, anonymous Internet strangers, regale me with your wisdom. Am I wasting this girl's time even though I have specifically told her where we're at, or am I going about this difficult relationship in the best way that I can be? I truly believe that while not ideal for her, that I do everything within my power to be good to her without being misleading, and that what I'm doing is not a bad thing. Perhaps I am delusional, though. I am open to criticism and would be happy to give further clarifications on anything anybody might be curious about. Thank you.
TL;DR - Been with girl for a year, she has strong feelings for me, I treat her well, but do not feel the same way, and I have no intention of dating her. Am I an rear end in a top hat?

Mur...der?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

I (M18) have been seeing a girl (F18) for a over a year now with no intention of ever dating her. Is what I'm doing wrong? Details inside.

It would make a lot more sense if he was talking about a fish because she keeps biting the hook and there isnt even bait on the line.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Nazzadan posted:

Powerlifters are basically a cult. Bodybuilders aren't nearly as obnoxious but are still really bad
Powerlifters own. They are really nice guys who are very inclusive. It's also much easier to be a natural powerlifter than a natural bodybuilder. Also, most of the BB guys train nearly the same as PL guys these days anyway but with more accessories for stuff that's not very useful.

PF is also awful and not a gym.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 24, 2017

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah he's a scumbag but she really needs someone to grab her by the shoulders and yell in her face that she is being used and needs to grow a spine

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good dick will apparently encourage you to build a prison to lock yourself inside if one was not already provided.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

Mur...der?

quote:

Am I an rear end in a top hat?

yeah

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I (25M) don't trust my ex (25F) ex

quote:

Reddit I don't trust people. I examine their motivations, whenever they tell me something. This mindset has allowed me avoid numerous pitfalls. In addition, I've read countless psychology books that have allowed me to get a sense of what people are feeling. In keeping with the aforementioned, I approach my romantic relationships similarly.
I've met this girl (like so many before) that claimed to be "different". In short, she wasn't different. She may be worst. Other girls would confess once they were caught cheating. My ex rationalize away her responsibility for betraying me. Well if you would have done this or that, I wouldn't have "hung out" with your overweight friend.
I may have had "some feelings" for for her. But my feelings for her, never outweighed my self interest. I detected or found out her game and I played her like a board game. I had this girl buy me everything under the sun. Having a little faith in humanity, I kept the possibility open of rekindling my relationship with my ex after I broke up with her. As a result, she showed herself to be like everyone else.
I was not only betrayed by my ex, but my former friend as well. An aside, I laugh at the thought that he thinks he was my "best friend".
I'm like an onion with multiple layers. It takes years and years to really know me. The fact that my ex thought she knew me in 6 months is laughable.
My knowledge of psychology allowed me to see this a mile away. My friend and ex both have self-esteem issues. I on the other hand, have become really confident over the years from all the adversity I've overcome. For some reason I've found the weak resent the strong. My ex and former friend resented me, they wanted to bring me down a peg in self confidence. However, I'm more confident that I was back then. I'm also better off because this event revealed the snakes (ex and former friend) in my life for what they are.
My former friend (work horse), I had him doing everything for me as well, thought he accomplished a "victory" over me from sleeping with a girl I was "with". In reality, she'd used/using him to get to me. He'll never be more than a sidekick. If my ex whom still claims to love me did this to me, what does my former friend think is in in store for him (a pawn) in our game.
My peer group frequents this forum quite often. An appeal to Natalie (not her real name), is my gf's (best friend): Now that the sidekicks have each other, we should rekindle what we had before.
tl;dr: Reddit am I wrong for being cynical? Do you think this girl I thought had potential will stop rationalizing away the fact she cheated on me?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Khorne posted:

Powerlifters own. They are really nice guys who are very inclusive. It's also much easier to be a natural powerlifter than a natural bodybuilder. Also, most of the BB guys train nearly the same as PL guys these days anyway but with more accessories for stuff that's not very useful.

PF is also awful and not a gym.

Planet Fitness has free pizza days, which automatically makes them the best of gyms.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

I got to the onion with layers but and my efforts to see his side were ogre.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Barudak posted:

I got to the onion with layers but and my efforts to see his side were ogre.

I was going to bold that and other bits but I forgot

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Planet Fitness has free pizza days, which automatically makes them the best of gyms.

My personal trainer told me about the time she got kicked out of Planet fitness. They told her to leave because she was "intimidating" the other clients with her presence.

E: and grunting too loud. She doesn't make a lot of noise, really.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Gains goblin sounds enough like games goblin that reading those posts I imagine that Overwatch gamer goblin upsetting giant meat mountains.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Nazzadan posted:

This is really confusing, but I think the takeaway is this kid is an rear end in a top hat and/or is attempting to cover-up the fact that he's super butt-hurt about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Am in the only one who feels like we're missing a crucial bit of context in why Terrible Family attacked Cocaine Hispanic?

Or did years of dealing with "rough" people make me too suspicious of the "We weren't doing anything when these skinheads / black guys / redneck / taxi drivers jumped us!" defense?