Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

For those of y'all who aren't too keen on Arkansas politics, there is currently a measure being considered by our legislature to allow people to carry firearms on campuses. Legislation passed in the past allowed a campus to opt out, which each campus in the state has elected to do every year. The current bill would not allow for an opt-out by campuses.
The NRA pulled support for the bill after it was amended to require training before allowing a person to carry on campus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BarbarianElephant posted:

When your political party loses, it's exactly like when your sports team loses. You feel down, you fume, but you get over it, right? It's not like it makes any big difference in the world.

My brother legitimately thinks this. He tried to use my father getting more upset that Hillary lost than at their football team losing as a sign that he's weird.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

MechaCrash posted:

that's kinda the logic being applied to Milo

I found the part where you deeply misunderstand Red Panels in particular and far-right rhetoric in general

Its not there to make sense to you

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

whomupclicklike posted:

The NRA pulled support for the bill after it was amended to require training before allowing a person to carry on campus.

Haha gently caress the NRA forever.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I've defended Red Panels being featured in this thread in the past, but it's legit become Pro-Nazi racist propoganda at this point. It was bad before, but now I don't think it has any purpose in the thread.

whomupclicklike posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how soulless do you have to be to support the NRA anymore? How on earth do you justify this? The NRA are cartoonish supervillains at this point. They're Bond villains.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fulchrum posted:

My brother legitimately thinks this. He tried to use my father getting more upset that Hillary lost than at their football team losing as a sign that he's weird.

Phew! My condolences.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how soulless do you have to be to support the NRA anymore? How on earth do you justify this? The NRA are cartoonish supervillains at this point. They're Bond villains.

They're not evil, they're upholding Constitutional Rightsfor conservative white peoplewhile actively opposing them for anyone elseand vehemently standing against common sense regulations. :911:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

OldTennisCourt posted:

"They aren't perfect, but they're the most effective national lobbying organization for gun rights, which, yes, really are that important to me."

I don't get it either. Especially since gun control will be a dead issue for at least a generation. They don't need any support.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

OldTennisCourt posted:

I've defended Red Panels being featured in this thread in the past, but it's legit become Pro-Nazi racist propoganda

is it this, or is it that you just now noticed its always been this through various dogmemes and buttwhistles?

none of these comics are shocking or surprising from the guy everyone's been calling kkklurf from the get-go

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

OldTennisCourt posted:

I've defended Red Panels being featured in this thread in the past, but it's legit become Pro-Nazi racist propoganda at this point. It was bad before, but now I don't think it has any purpose in the thread.

I'm conflicted on this because he isn't that far from Branco or Garrison if those two were more overt and a nudge further to the right. They just aren't publicly hoisting the nazi flag like RP is. DbD had a clear reason as to why it was banned but banning a political cartoon for being too politically extreme isn't something that has been done previously in this thread, I think. Banning it for looking too webcomic-y would be hypocritical if the likes of Rall and Kirschen aren't banned also.

In any case, it's thread father Raz's call and I will stop posting RP if he so decides. edit2: Thinking about it I might stop posting him myself anyhow.

edit; some non-nazi cartoons

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 24, 2017

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Chris Muir would also frequently posit that white males (like him!) have always been the sole source of civilization and advancement, it was just funny when he said it because he was a friendless bum masturbating in a collapsing Shrek shack.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK's net migration figures – Net migration to Britain fell by 49,000 to 273,000 last year, according to official figures that include the three months after the Brexit vote"

Telegraph:

Tories in historic by-election Copeland win as Labour holds Stoke; Exoplanet discovery: seven Earth-sized planets found orbiting nearby star

Independent:

Storm Doris: Woman killed as UK hit by winds reaching 94mph

Times:

Miffy creator Dick Bruna has died aged 89

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I said this about twitter in the past, but how the gently caress is that site a thing. A seemingly popular thing.

Youtube exists. Linking to a specific time in a youtube clip exists. Do we really need "youtube, but for 3 second video clips of movies"?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
All those cartoons depicting modern day Russia with hammers and sickles make more sense when you realize someone was able to successfully pull this off at CPAC today:

https://twitter.com/MayaErgas/status/835148751547289600/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/835149059610591232/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/emigre80/status/835194463836307461/photo/1

It was this guy.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Sandpuppy posted:

All those cartoons depicting modern day Russia with hammers and sickles make more sense when you realize someone was able to successfully pull this off at CPAC today:

https://twitter.com/MayaErgas/status/835148751547289600/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/835149059610591232/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Xander77 posted:

I said this about twitter in the past, but how the gently caress is that site a thing. A seemingly popular thing.

Youtube exists. Linking to a specific time in a youtube clip exists. Do we really need "youtube, but for 3 second video clips of movies"?

I tried finding a less lovely version of that scene but that was the only site that came up. It's probably some SEO trash like iFunny, but I'm too lazy to keep digging around for the sake of a one-liner.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Chris Muir would also frequently posit that white males (like him!) have always been the sole source of civilization and advancement, it was just funny when he said it because he was a friendless bum masturbating in a collapsing Shrek shack.

He hunted the mammoth. Personally.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

21 Muns posted:

Actually, maybe not! The assassins didn't actually know they were killing someone, they'd been told that they were doing a prank show with squirt guns. That's why one of them had a shirt that said "LOL" on it.

This is not a joke

Well, one of them has made that claim. The other was caught fleeing the country after switching hotels several times, with poison in her bags.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Red Panels man is very concerned about the distinction between white supremacy and (Neo-)Nazism, and is the kind of pissboy nerd who thinks he's owning you badly when he says "Uhhm actually what you said is factually incorrect, I am a white supremacist"
It's a fantastic curtain-pull that he's been going on all this time like "No, me and my supporters and my friends AREN'T "Nazis", we're 14 but not 88 (or we're neither depending on the strip), don't you see? We're not Nazis, you just call everyone you disagree with Nazis!"
And then he turns to his fanbase who respond, with great eagerness and no shame, "No -- we totally are Nazis. We are literal, actual Nazis. Don't mislabel us."

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

a... good comic? I think this says more about how blindingly obvious this outcome is than Rall though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

yall should stop getting surprised at decent ralls, of course the truth to power contrarian is gonna get it right more when we've got the president we've got

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Did he do anything decent under Bush?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Y'all are wrong about the 14 88 thing. It's about how many points you get for punching Nazis and fascists. 14 for White supremacists/fascists, 88 for Nazis.

High Score
Neoman: 28

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
it is impossible for rall to make a bad comic right now because contradicting trump feeds into rall's superiority complex making it irresistible to do and will basically always end up with a correct opinion

i am fully prepared to inevitably eat these words

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fulchrum posted:

Did he do anything decent under Bush?
Created the World Famous (according to Ted Rall) Generalissimo Bush™ caricature, striking a devastating blow at the heart of the administration.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Two things and an 80-year-old movie happened.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

This comic is dated 2/22. The Ringling bros. announcement appears to have hit the news on the 14th of january. This guy took 39 days to come up with this hilarious original hot take that the clowns in the white house are a bunch of clowns.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Literal personifications of evil and hatred aren't enough for Trump. AGC.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Sandpuppy posted:

You would think people who would go to a political convention would be active enough in politics to know what the flags of other world powers looked like, but not here I guess.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Really, the first few should be "oh dear sweet jesus please let this not crash and burn America"

And then the last one "haha, suckers!"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Referring to the reports that Trump's staff tries to keep him off Twitter by making sure he gets plenty of praise.

Note the bullhorn binky.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

If you ever wondered what kind of people follow red panels,
https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/834197059750215680

My initial reaction was "what the hell is that last 10% wasting their time reading redpanels for, then?!" But then I remembered that he's also there to "own" feminists and SJWs

:negative:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's us, we read it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is this a 100% pure "some gizmo" cartoon, like Kelly but real?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is this a 100% pure "some gizmo" cartoon, like Kelly but real?

For me, "some gizmo" cartoons must imply there is something wrong with said gizmo and that the old ways will be proven to be best. This one is a bit too positive for that.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Crashing CPAC is like shooting fish in a barrel; I wandered in back in 2015 and handed out a bunch of printed joint filters celebrating DC legalizing weed, and just talked it up as a Win for Small Government and everyone was cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Selachian posted:

For me, "some gizmo" cartoons must imply there is something wrong with said gizmo and that the old ways will be proven to be best. This one is a bit too positive for that.
Really? I thought we were supposed to feel sorry for the poor upstaged wallet.

• Locked thread