Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVCvcuYXYv4

Me getting a bit better. (DiscJam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i played the tutorials.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The chalice dungeons would be one million times better if they had background music.

I just wish you could skip into later dungeons without doing earlier ones. Chalice dungeon progress and items should have been per account, not per character imho.

veni veni veni posted:

This game really looks loving incredible. It's Naughty Dog but in a giant open world.

Having just played Uncharted 4 everything about the gameplay in Horizon looks miles above what Naughty Dog has been doing recently. I've been an Uncharted combat apologist for years but by the end of 4 I was just loving sick of those garbage, unfun encounters and samey, boring platforming segments.

Patrick Klepek said Horizon reminded him more of an open world moden Tomb Raider and I'm more than fine with that.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Imagine if the Chalice Dungeons had separate but persistent characters and inventory. Or rather, imagine the Ancient Cave from Lufia 2 made in the style of Dark Souls.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

Man I miss Virtua Tennis.

I played the poo poo out of virtua tennis on the dreamcast. At least I think it was virtua tennis. Anyway, it ruled and I'd kill a small army for a new pro tennis game. But I might be the only one to buy it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If I were to change something small, I'd make the actual disc a bright neon color much like the particle stream that flies behind it. It's kind of hard to follow.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What are the best couch co-op games out right now?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yodzilla posted:

I just wish you could skip into later dungeons without doing earlier ones. Chalice dungeon progress and items should have been per account, not per character imho.

That would have been a cool way to give access to weapons that don't appear until later in the story for fresh characters. Especially since stat requirements are so low for everything it's annoying that there's no way to do that

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Housh posted:

Off the top of my head (because I was looking for myself recently)

* Diablo 3
* Enter the Gungeon
* Overcooked!
* Broforce
* Mother Russia Bleeds

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Played some of the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta and I have got to say, the driving controls are probably the worst I've experienced in a long while. It may not make sense, but controlling a vehicle felt unresponsive and twitchy at the same time.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nichol posted:

Also, now that I'm like level 65 and have done lots of things after finishing FFXV, what is supposed to keep me interested? I kind of want to kill that adamantoise but I feel like if I do I will get a boring item and a boring amount of gil and be bored. Is the season pass content worth buying?

Season Pass/DLC will be out soon with Gladio for $4.99 and they released timed hunts. I'm with you since after clearing the game I just don't want to spend the next 10+ hrs camping or running hunts for gil. The bonus dungeons sound tedious and I don't feel like collecting weapons for the sake of it.

Basically what I'm saying is that I need the missing swimsuit DLC :sigh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yodzilla posted:

Patrick Klepek said Horizon reminded him more of an open world moden Tomb Raider and I'm more than fine with that.

That and Vinny Caravella saying it reminded him of Witcher 3, and Jeff Gerstman making the Far Cry Primal comparisons. Also saying it's like one of the most graphically impressive games they've ever seen. High hopes now

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jimbot posted:

If I were to change something small, I'd make the actual disc a bright neon color much like the particle stream that flies behind it. It's kind of hard to follow.

I had no trouble following it. I mean, I suck and I miss sometimes but not because I can't see it. Are you just referring to my videos or have you tried it? The videos are undoubtedly muddier.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 25, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Video Nasty posted:

Off the top of my head (because I was looking for myself recently)

* Diablo 3
* Enter the Gungeon
* Overcooked!
* Broforce
* Mother Russia Bleeds

Let's make a list to add to the OP:

- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Guacamelee
- Borderlands Handsome Collection
- Geometry Wars
- Little Big Planet 3
- Rayman Legends
- Resident Evil 5
- Trine 2
- Towerfall
- Rocket League
- Defense Grid 2
- Knack (lol)

You can get Lara Croft for like $10 or so with the season pass on ebay. Shipped physical code tho

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Helldivers and Alienation also.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Resogun and edf

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
When we were gloriously able to mass add goons with that program that someone made on here, I believe that it also had a mass delete option as well?

Does that still work at all or has that all been nerfed in updates since.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

EDF!! EDF!! EDF!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Housh posted:

Overcooked and Helldivers are the cream of the crop.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Shoot, I picked a bad time to try and buy the PS4 Pro. Amazon doesn't seem to have any for sale from them directly, and it seems like it's sold out everywhere nearby.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Puddin posted:

When we were gloriously able to mass add goons with that program that someone made on here, I believe that it also had a mass delete option as well?

Does that still work at all or has that all been nerfed in updates since.

Nah think your best bet is just use a phone or tablet and the app

There's a web interface now, not sure if that's easier

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's possible DiscJam beta is not for everyone, but I am finding it fun as gently caress. You get into some great and intense volleys.

I do think everyone should try it. I filled in my email on their website via my iPhone and had a beta code under 3 minutes later.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

Did anyone else preorder ffxiv stormblood through psn? The description mentions a free theme along with the rest, but it only gave me the game and an avatar

It may not be out yet. I think the Heavensward theme came out closer to the release date too. I might be remembering wrong though.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm really shocked how technically advanced killzone shadowfall turned out to be and glad they could put all that tech in a game people might actually like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8u7MvuArA

Some v good looking clouds here

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I loaded up the wildlands beta like 15 min ago and im still watching bad ubi movies instead of playing. Great demo

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Start button (options) is your friend. gently caress all that intro.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

I loaded up the wildlands beta like 15 min ago and im still watching bad ubi movies instead of playing. Great demo

I remember one of the EA Need For Speed games on 360 doing that and I ended up turning it off before I got to the actual game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just finished Until Dawn and I loved it, although I ended up getting almost everybody except Sam, Jessica and Chris killed. Is there a good resource to read about all the possible permutations? I'm sure many of them are probably illusory but they did a really good job of concealing it, I think.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Just finished Until Dawn and I loved it, although I ended up getting almost everybody except Sam, Jessica and Chris killed. Is there a good resource to read about all the possible permutations? I'm sure many of them are probably illusory but they did a really good job of concealing it, I think.

It's entirely possible to save everyone. The only real gently caress-you one is maybe Josh, because you need to have found a specific item in a short window to avoid it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

I saw that there is a wildlands "movie" on amazon prime. What the gently caress. Who cares.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah, The Division was just as obnoxiously jingoistic, but at least it had a somewhat interesting storyline with the manufactured plague stuff going on. It turned some of the visuals in the game to be really striking and unsettling, piles of corpses in the streets of New York City etc. Wildlands seems like a lot more fun to play but good lord it's just jingoistic trash when it comes to story/writing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are there interactable cats in Wildlands, that might get me interested in it.

For 2017 Nioh is currently leading the charge for "Best Game with Cats and/or Dogs"

Snak posted:

I saw that there is a wildlands "movie" on amazon prime. What the gently caress. Who cares.

Did you watch The Division web series, it is hilariously bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbqTRSjjB-A

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 25, 2017

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I was pretty impressed with the Until Dawn wiki. They have a pretty comprehensive guide to character relationships, butterfly effects, etc:

http://until-dawn.wikia.com/wiki/Until_Dawn_Wiki

If you want something less detailed, here's the basics as far as plot armor goes:

Sam: Invincible until the final segment of the game in the lodge.
Mike: Invincible until the final segment of the game in the lodge.
Josh: Invincible until the final chapter. He will always die unless you find Hannah's diary while playing as Sam.
Chris: Can die while running from wendigos. If you "shot" Ashley instead of him, she will let him die. If you die as Ashley in the mines, he dies.
Ashley: Will die if you open the hatch in the mines.
Matt: Dies if you provoke the deer and fail the QTEs. Dies in the mines unless you give him the flare gun, or jump off the structure instead of waiting for Emily. Can be killed by the Wendigo.
Emily: Can be killed running from Wendigo. Can be shot by Mike.
Jessica: Dies if you fail too many QTEs as Mike chasing her, or if you take too many of the safe paths to get to her. If she survives, she will die in the mines if she tries to run from the Wendigo instead of hiding. If Matt survives to meet her, if he runs ahead of her instead of hiding with her, she will die.

In addition: In the final segment of the game, the rest of the survivors (besides Matt, Jessica, and Josh) have to make it out of the lodge while Mike and Sam trigger the explosion. If Sam runs to the switch instead of waiting, she can trigger the explosion early to save herself, but everyone in the lodge will die. If Sam is killed and nobody is left alive in the lodge, Mike will automatically trigger the switch and blow himself up. Matt, Jessica, and Josh are affected by the scenario.

So, I'd say it's definitely more open ended than something like a Telltale game, but there are still some pretty big rails in place to keep the basic story intact. Some characters are in constant danger, some are almost always safe. It's definitely worth playing around with to get the collectibles and the good ending if you're a fan. Hopefully they make a real sequel!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i joined a online game of wildlands as soon as i saw the prompt and it plopped me on the 2nd more difficult map and now theres no way to go back to the starter map i barely explored in game so i had to delete my save data to go back a play the tutorial proper

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stuff like that is why I don't like co-op games a lot of the time.

Like, when I'm playing something and co-op sequence breaks everything or someone is badgering me to let them "power level" me or some poo poo. Totally ruins it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah co-oping with people who wanna rush you through the game sucks, fortunately my usual coop buddy isn't like that.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i joined a online game of wildlands as soon as i saw the prompt and it plopped me on the 2nd more difficult map and now theres no way to go back to the starter map i barely explored in game so i had to delete my save data to go back a play the tutorial proper

you can fast travel

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing that sucks about most co-op games is that it doesn't add anything to the gameplay. It just plops more people into the mix and makes a game that is probably already easy even easier. It also kills the vibe and I can't pay attention to story stuff and miss exploring things because I'm trying to follow someone around. Teaming up with buddies against other players almost always feels massively superior to me and I'd rather just play a campaign alone.

The only time I've really enjoyed Co-op in recent years is Souls/Nioh because you can do it piecemeal and it's usually nice to just BS with someone and gently caress up a boss that is pissing you off. And Left 4 Dead which actually did co-op really well.

Wildands looked really cool from the trailers but it feels like any other open world game where you just dick around. Which isn't inherently bad. I was just hoping it would feel like it had some strategy to it but it feels like 4 player (insert any ubi open world game here)

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 25, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dying Light was really fun in co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dying Light was really fun in co-op.

It's funny you say that because Dying Light was something that was on my mind with my little rant. Any parts I played co-op in that game just felt totally distracting and I enjoyed it 10 times more alone. I'm not saying you are wrong just different strokes I guess.